PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Welcome, You’ve Been Waiting

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Jun 11, 2007 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

It’s with enthusiasm, eagerness and, honestly, a little bit of relief that we lift the cover on our first official Sony Computer Entertainment America company blog – welcome and sorry for the wait.

PlayStation.Blog is a bit of work in progress, we see it as a place where we can share with you our company’s collective insights, opinions and perspectives on all things related to SCEA, PlayStation and the industry we play in.

At the moment, we’re thinking about sharing all sorts of things here, ranging from product news and title announcements to developer updates and industry opinion posts – all of which will come straight from the people here inside SCEA who are working, thinking and playing with this stuff every day. Look to the categories on the sidebar for some initial thoughts we have on future post themes.

Now, what we’ve learned, perhaps the hard way, is that a blog like this is really about you and the things you want to hear, share and discuss with us. With that in mind, you’ll notice that comments are enabled – and encouraged – so tell us what you want to see here and we’ll do our best to make it happen. And yes, like most blogs, we have a comment policy, please just keep this in mind when you’re leaving a comment.

We imagine it may take us a short while to find our pace with this, but bear with us as we get underway and we promise we’ll quickly make this blog a valuable stop in your daily info hunt for PlayStation news.

Like we’ve said, we’re excited to finally have a platform for conversation and connection. Much more is in the works too, so we hope you’ll consider sticking around, kicking the tires of our shiny new blog and sharing what you think.

Enjoy!

611 Comments

PAGE 1 8 9 10 11 12 13

+ adood84 on June 12th, 2007 at 2:13 pm said:

Good work Sony , we also would like to present this petition please take the time to read it sicn PD is part of Sony and we havn’t been able to get through to them :(

+ Terminator on June 12th, 2007 at 2:33 pm said:

We want an update.

+ SNAKE75 on June 12th, 2007 at 2:34 pm said:

@ adood84, gran turismo blows. and sony way to take screenshots of pgr3 and post them in an add for gran turismo. i was not embarassed to own sony products that day?! i fail to see the importance of your petition on most levels.

+ Janos2615 on June 12th, 2007 at 2:35 pm said:

May I make a suggestion?

Add a report feature to be able to report users that are trying to ruin the experience for everyone or that are breaking the comment policy.

it would make it easier for the moderators as well since they wouldnt have to read through every single post to find the ones that are not appropiate.

+ Ken_Kutaragi on June 12th, 2007 at 2:42 pm said:

@SDkngsht

False. The monthly sales for the PS3 only surpassed the 360′s during months three and five, leading to third place sales among the three consoles. The reasons for these sharp increases and decreases in sales were due to the “boom and bust” launches in territories like Europe, where the PS3 sold a record number of copies the first week, but had sales drop by over 84% the subsequent week. Real world knowledge of the videogame market is why I’m a respected industry figure and you are not.

+ Terminator on June 12th, 2007 at 2:42 pm said:

Janos, excellent suggestion

+ chase on June 12th, 2007 at 2:49 pm said:

when r they going 2 update the ps3 so you can play music and your game at the same time
come on nextgen

+ Zinacef on June 12th, 2007 at 2:51 pm said:

Congrats Sony for this blog! We’ve been anxiously waiting for something like this, and I look forward to using this blog with great anticipation!

+ blizzard182 on June 12th, 2007 at 2:51 pm said:

@Janos2615

I second that

+ jayd1k on June 12th, 2007 at 3:06 pm said:

now, hopefuly we will get the real scoop about what’s going in the Sony camp for once! lets hope this is the begining of a long relationship!!!

+ Chain Gang Soldier on June 12th, 2007 at 3:10 pm said:

:) Thanks for creating a Blog.

+ gran_champ on June 12th, 2007 at 3:11 pm said:

I for one think the PS3 sales are going about quite nicely, especially in the European territories. I realize the other consoles are selling a lot more, and in my eye there are 2 reasons for this:
1—The 360 is unreliable, and although it sells well, the main reason is due in fact to people needing to get replacements for their old worn down system.
2—The Wii is cheap, and more family friendly at first glance. And, it’s Nintendo, a lot of parents would be willing to buy one for their kids just so they can play it as well. That’s the power of Mario

And I also think there is one major reason that is holding the PS3 back:Software
In the next few months we are finally going to start seeing plenty of games coming out. Vauluable games too, not games like NBA or Def Jam that people wouldn’t pay 50 for, let alone the 60 dollar price. I can think of 3 games right now:
Warhawk
Drake’s Fortune
Heavenly Sword
And some one’s for the future:
GT5 (GT is my personal favorite series)
MGS4
Killzone 2
And of course another big game:
The Agency
I can’t WAIT for that last one to be released. I also feel that the release of Home will have an impact on PS3 sales.

Bottome line: Give it another 1 and maybe a few months, and the PS3 will be selling quite well, along with games. And remember that the PS Store will also be a big thing, give us demos for crying out loud! And thank you for making all these network downloadable games, those are what seperate the men from the boys.
Don’t know about you guys, but I’d take Warhawk over an XBL Arcade Pac-Man anyday. Thanks for reading!

+ Xbox Live King on June 12th, 2007 at 3:19 pm said:

P$3 fans !
You all seam to forget sonys best match to halo 3 is Killzone. Hahaha. Why would you want more of that crap it sucks. IGN gave the 1st one 7.1 haloCE got 9.2 so you guys have to wake up and face the fact like i do, that we wasted our own cash on a box, bigger that xbox 1. Some guy said live was laggy well whats his connection ? He’s prob cnt aford a good one as he had to take a loan out for his P$3 !

HA

+ Xbox Live King on June 12th, 2007 at 3:22 pm said:

Who
Hates Sony PS3
I love my PS2 not my PS3

+ ajay_2606 on June 12th, 2007 at 3:22 pm said:

@ xbox live king
have fun, forza motorsport 2 is nothing compared to gran turismo. The build quality and reliability is far superior to the x360. People i know have gone trough 3 xbox 360′s in the time ive owned my ps3. PS home a brilliant and innovative idea.

+ Xbox Live King on June 12th, 2007 at 3:22 pm said:

i

+ gran_champ on June 12th, 2007 at 3:24 pm said:

Everyone spam that guys email. It is:
j.-@hotmail.co.uk
Let’s all put him on mailing lists for shemale poon, ringtones, etc.

+ chase on June 12th, 2007 at 3:24 pm said:

halo this halo that halo sucks
socom & warhawk thats whats up

+ Mitsugeta on June 12th, 2007 at 3:32 pm said:

I’m sure everyone and their mother has already posted questions that I have to ask, but I’ll throw one out their anyway.

… Team ICO? Game(s)? WHEN!?

I heard a little while ago that they might be working on two games at once. I assume at the very least they are working on one. SO, when do We (the stark raving mad fans of ICO/SotC) get to see their next game?

And good job on getting this blog up. I hope that it really does become a conduit through which we can glean info on all things Playstation and that you guys get a better idea of what the fans want out of Playstation.

+ southwoodS on June 12th, 2007 at 3:33 pm said:

Thats right Chase, SOCOM. Halo is a good game but i dont think its that fun compared to the Socom series. Socom: Confrontation is the game this year.

+ Xbox Live King on June 12th, 2007 at 3:33 pm said:

Like i would put my real email on here ! Spazs !
Just like to say over 100,000 still play halo 2 for xbox, so [DELETED]. Warhawk is good but it will come to 360, it cnt aford to stay with Sony as Sony are losing money and lots of it !

+ gran_champ on June 12th, 2007 at 3:40 pm said:

Halo is overated. A few of my friends play it and they wanted me to play it becasue I play RFOM. After playing both halos, and taking carefully into consideration these are both last gen games, I had to fairly compare them to games for the PS2. So I chose Killzone, and Socom. My take:
Halo has poor graphics
bad respawn system
dull and noncreative weapons
mundane and little-effort-put-into-levels
crappy vehicle mechanics
[DELETED]
and the list goes on and on. Yea Sony has a strong and loyal fanbase, but Microsoft’s XBL service is full of morons, and you CAN’T beat that. So in terms of online service Microsoft does better, apparently.

+ chase on June 12th, 2007 at 3:41 pm said:

i just think halo is way overrated
i cant wait socom & warhawk already paid for

+ andycapps on June 12th, 2007 at 3:50 pm said:

Don’t feed the trolls, they’ll go away/be banned.

+ Abdulrhman on June 12th, 2007 at 3:52 pm said:

Oh !! Thanx a Lot !

+ chase on June 12th, 2007 at 3:55 pm said:

its time 2 watch an hd movie on my xbox360 my bay they dont have an hd playing my bad again i got 2 spend an extra 199 more damm what next

+ Shinblade on June 12th, 2007 at 3:56 pm said:

ok… an official blog…. good.

Now all you need is some decent content coming out this summer for the blog to talk about.

+ andycapps on June 12th, 2007 at 3:58 pm said:

Shinblade- Lair, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and the Darkness will do for a start. But yeah, things will really get going around August-September. Hopefully they’ll be able to fill us in on more games coming out this summer and fall.

+ SystemsAdmin on June 12th, 2007 at 3:58 pm said:

There are a lot of good games out there. Halo is simply one of them.

It’s easy to hate a game that doesn’t feel right. It takes time. I usually try to spend the required time with a the game until I consider myself “good”.

That’s what happen with Halo (and ESPN 2k5)

I didn’t like either of these games until I MADE myself become good at them, and I’m glad I did.

So, no matter what game it is – get good at it before you judge it. That’s what the true gamers do.

+ angerKills on June 12th, 2007 at 3:58 pm said:

I’d like some news…please!

+ Sythzen on June 12th, 2007 at 4:11 pm said:

Finally, its good to see you guys embracing new technology. I look forward to checking out this site several times a day.

+ jerrt on June 12th, 2007 at 4:22 pm said:

congrats on the blog, great to see sony starting to better interact with its customer base. i’ll be reading. [:

+ Qbrain on June 12th, 2007 at 4:25 pm said:

Very good idea to keep us updated with a weblog. I hope it will work out great.

I think now is the time to first celebrate this thing, and to ask questions later…

(things like: why does sony lose so many exclusive games? and: could the SCEE playstation store PLEASE have more things then now?

+ SDkngsht on June 12th, 2007 at 4:30 pm said:

what up Shifty? yeah i also post on gamespot.

and i agree with the report feature to get people that have no business here out. like i said i’m done responding but people who are blatantly here just to cause problems and not contribute to the improvement of the PS brand and customer experience should be banned. not saying anyone who says they don’t like something or complains.

i’m talking about the people that are clearly immature and just here to start nonsense with people.

+ Godofwar55555 on June 12th, 2007 at 4:32 pm said:

Has anyone played Resistance: Fall of Man? I love that game, I think it is a great FPS and in my opinion, way better than than the overrated Halo. Good Job Insomniac for making an amazing game.

p.s. Tell me what you guys think about Resistance.
[]^X0

+ GreyWulf on June 12th, 2007 at 4:36 pm said:

Its strikes me a funny its just so stupid that posters like Kenkutaragi and XboxKing need to even post out there buts here.

If the Xbox is all that why arnt they playing it I dont spend my time looking for Xbox sites just to trash talk.

Just tells us that its just absolutely boring playing on Xbox so glad to hear your post makes me feel even better for never buying one.

+ rukusa on June 12th, 2007 at 4:48 pm said:

I dotn even get why users like “Ken Kutaragi” & “xbox live king” are wasting their time trolling here.

They got sooo many quality games on the xbox 360 and YET they choose go here and create a crap atmosphere. Hilarious lol.

+ Shifty15 on June 12th, 2007 at 5:16 pm said:

agreed SDkngsht :)

+ sk8rdude051 on June 12th, 2007 at 5:21 pm said:

this is just a rant basically, since i found out that the PS3 has been hacked, got this from a ps3.qj.net. not sure if im alllowed to post links, so have mercy on me mods. lol. here goes:

I don’t see the reason to hack the PS3. The games are just to massive and in the long run, its not worth it. Considering I paid a whopping 0 for it, I don ‘t want it to be ruined and then my warranty void. And all the pirated games, that could possibly appear would just keep taking the money Sony needs to make all their games, so in turn the games would be *****. With the PSP though, that’s a different story, since its not AS expensive, and not as hard to hack and stuff. I support homebrew, and I think it’s great to have it, and in my opinion Sony should allow it on both the PSP and PS3, just not pirated games. The homebrew would encourage people to write their own games at early stages which in return could make better next-gen game developers so we would have even better games than now! Homebrew is a great future for home consoles and handhelds alike.

Just for the record, a few features I and I’m sure alot of other people would like to see, so Sony please consider the following:

1. In-game XMB access, for checking messages, surfing the net real quick for a guide or something, and turning music on/off.

2. An RSS Channel, I mean come on, the PSP has one, so shouldn’t the PS3?

3. Alot more games/ game demos for d/l on the American PSN. Along with some Final Fantasy PS1 games. =]

4. Option of password protecting the user accounts on your PS3.

5. A dynamic normalizer and an equalizer.

6. Ability to selct different screensavers.

7. WALLPAPER.

8. Ability to slect your own theme instead of i t changing month to month.

9. Sequential playing of video files.

10. Selecting an image from your harddrive for your online avatar.

11. Multiple chat sessions.

12. Date and time shown like on the PSP, along with the controllers battery charge.

13. A completely up to date flashplayer for the web browser, so that you arent as limited.

That about wraps it up, I know that it’s alot, but those are most of the features that im pretty sure a majority of the PS3 population would want. PLEASE WORK THESE INTO UPDATES SONY!

=]

what do you guys think?

+ sk8rdude051 on June 12th, 2007 at 5:23 pm said:

EDIT:

whopping $600.

i forgot to change it when I copied from my original post. lol.

Oh and Haze should be a PS3 exclusive, so that it can be the best it can be without the 360 dragging it down.

+ roadclimber on June 12th, 2007 at 5:36 pm said:

Love the idea of throwing a copy of Hard Boiled onto the upcoming Stranglehold Bluray disc. Special editions have so far had no interest for me, but a copy of a decent film in high def for 10 extra is definitely worth it.

+ mustaphadamus on June 12th, 2007 at 5:48 pm said:

We have been asking for this sort of dialog with Sony for some time now. I for one am extremely happy we are finally getting it. I hope that this turns into something amazing. I for one love the Playstation 3 and my PSP.

Here is to a fruitful relationship between gamers and Sony.

Cheers!

+ Loucifer on June 12th, 2007 at 5:59 pm said:

ALL OF YOU F***ING MORONS GO LEAVE YOUR SYSTEM LOYALTY POSTS ON YOUR RESPECTIVE FORUMS…

>>>THIS IS NOT THE PLACE

+ Loucifer on June 12th, 2007 at 6:01 pm said:

AND SECONDLY IF YOUR AN XBOT YOU SHOULDNT EVEN BE HERE…

SONY & FANS ONLY!!!!!!

+ cardiac_cat on June 12th, 2007 at 6:06 pm said:

Almost every FPS i have ever played is much more fun than any of the games in the Halo series, i just dont see what the big deal is with that game anyway. Well maybe because its the only game worth playing on the 360.

+ ajay_2606 on June 12th, 2007 at 6:24 pm said:

great blog, but it needs to be updated 2-3 times a day with interesting news and discussions.

+ LittleBigPimp on June 12th, 2007 at 7:00 pm said:

Nice! I hope to read some great stuff over here.

+ YokasHi on June 12th, 2007 at 7:24 pm said:

Nice blog!!
I hope to see a lot of updates here…just like in QJ.

+ m1llert1me on June 12th, 2007 at 8:51 pm said:

Nice addition. Thanx Sony !

+ DELittle on June 12th, 2007 at 8:56 pm said:

Finally we have a voice that will be heard by the people who can make a difference. Thank you!

Issues I have with the Playstation 3:
1. When using optical cables for my audio it has about a 1/2 a second of silence before the sound starts to work on XMB. It seems like there is not a constant stream of sound so it has to keep establishing a new connection after there has been silence for a while. It also happens in Mortal Kombat II in the menu screens

2. Volume difference between games. When you scroll over Motorstorm it is about twice as loud as every other application, also Mortal Kombat II in game volume is about 4 times as loud as any other application.

3. Having to reconnect the controller every time I load up a PS/PS2 game. I know it’s not a huge thing but all the little things make a big difference in the end.

4. Browser speed. The Playstation 3 browser is slower than the Wii browser. The only reason I can think for you doing this is that you want to make in game web browsing accessable so you’re restricting the amount of ram and processing power for future updates. But still it needs to be a lot faster than it currently is.

PAGE 1 8 9 10 11 12