PS4-Watch_Dogs

Welcome, You’ve Been Waiting

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Jun 11, 2007 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

It’s with enthusiasm, eagerness and, honestly, a little bit of relief that we lift the cover on our first official Sony Computer Entertainment America company blog – welcome and sorry for the wait.

PlayStation.Blog is a bit of work in progress, we see it as a place where we can share with you our company’s collective insights, opinions and perspectives on all things related to SCEA, PlayStation and the industry we play in.

At the moment, we’re thinking about sharing all sorts of things here, ranging from product news and title announcements to developer updates and industry opinion posts – all of which will come straight from the people here inside SCEA who are working, thinking and playing with this stuff every day. Look to the categories on the sidebar for some initial thoughts we have on future post themes.

Now, what we’ve learned, perhaps the hard way, is that a blog like this is really about you and the things you want to hear, share and discuss with us. With that in mind, you’ll notice that comments are enabled – and encouraged – so tell us what you want to see here and we’ll do our best to make it happen. And yes, like most blogs, we have a comment policy, please just keep this in mind when you’re leaving a comment.

We imagine it may take us a short while to find our pace with this, but bear with us as we get underway and we promise we’ll quickly make this blog a valuable stop in your daily info hunt for PlayStation news.

Like we’ve said, we’re excited to finally have a platform for conversation and connection. Much more is in the works too, so we hope you’ll consider sticking around, kicking the tires of our shiny new blog and sharing what you think.

Enjoy!

611 Comments

PAGE 1 9 10 11 12 13

+ bahamasps3 on June 12th, 2007 at 10:43 pm said:

is this working?

+ NJGoodFella on June 12th, 2007 at 10:56 pm said:

Thanks for the blog.

NO MORE NON-GAME AND NON-MOVIE CONTENT ON PSN!!!

Please have more demos of upcoming games on the site. One a week is all I ask! Good games, too. It has to make me and my frineds go “ooo, I’m glad I got this TV and PS3!” Like Ninja Gaiden and Gran Turismo. How hard is it to make a Demo anyway!?

I love the trailers! But can they come as I see them in the movie theatre? Why did the trailer for Spiderman 3 come out a day or so before the movie. Two weeks minimum, please. It has to make me and my frineds go “ooo, I’m glad I got this TV and PS3!”

Thanks for listening!

+ Beyond8D on June 12th, 2007 at 10:59 pm said:

Nice sony good blog.

+ seph1r0th00 on June 12th, 2007 at 11:02 pm said:

Awesome. I look forward to checking this blog out on a daily basis.

+ Packerfan on June 12th, 2007 at 11:11 pm said:

Hopefully you will announce a price cut soon…Then I’ll buy a PS3. Been a loyal Sony fan for years, Own a PS1, 2 PS2′s and a 2 PSP’s. Had to break down and get a XBOX360. I would not have bought it if the PS3 was on time! Then, after hearing about the price of the PS3, I made the switch. I am very happy with my decision, the XBOX360 is a great system, but I am looking forward to someday owning a PS3.

+ Zor on June 12th, 2007 at 11:37 pm said:

This really is an excellent idea. The Playstation has been my console of choice ever since the PSX. Although, to be honest, there’s always seemed to be a big wall between the Sony gamers and Sony themselves. This blog pretty much takes that wall down and seems like the perfect way for us to communicate with eachother. Nice work.

+ Rip18 on June 13th, 2007 at 1:02 am said:

Thank you Sony for the blog i look forward to see some improvement keep the good work

+ MasterCharged on June 13th, 2007 at 3:22 am said:

sony rocks

+ Sithis Dread on June 13th, 2007 at 9:13 am said:

I would like to see content updated on the PSN more than one time a week. We are working from behind here and need to get our network on par with Xbox Live. We get to that level with our network being free and we’ve got a major leg up. So Sony let’s get with the movies, games, themes, and pics on the PSN.

+ KayShun on June 13th, 2007 at 1:00 pm said:

I echo the comments of others that an official channel for PS community involvement is greatly appreciated, even if well overdue. Up to this blog’s launch, many have used the PS forums in the hopes that their feedback will be heard, though the general member-consensus has been that their ideas are falling on deaf ears. And my own previous experiences with PS Customer Service had confirmed this, which consequently impacted my support for SCEA and the PlayStation brand; the blog has convinced me to give you guys a second chance… so don’t mess it up! ;)

+ The Reaper on June 13th, 2007 at 2:28 pm said:

Congrats on the blog, keep up the good work. just one question. Is there any plans for the bouncer 2? the first one was GREAT but there was no 2 player option.

+ ps3freak on June 13th, 2007 at 5:39 pm said:

How about a pause feature that is saved while powering off your system while playing any DVD. You turn your system off after pausing and you have to scene select where you were paused. This sucks!

+ joesinista on June 13th, 2007 at 5:55 pm said:

I for 1 love my ps3 but there needs to be a few things that has to be addressed

1. access to the XMB from in games
2. customized wallpaper
3. voice chat and a unified buddy list for all games.
4. ruumble for the sixaxis
5. demos, demos, demos
6. make the ps more interesting than just a simple webpage

+ jodonn08 on June 13th, 2007 at 7:18 pm said:

can we please get demos for games like 360 does

+ OmniCloud on June 13th, 2007 at 11:09 pm said:

Well since you guys are probably reading all the request, I’ll guess I’ll just say HURRY UP!!! LOL…

Seriously though, just make those things happen…and Plz bring the PS1 classics to the store so I can take on my PSP when i get one…

I’m sure you guys are working hard toward the rest, but, I hope there isn’t a drought of games after the Holidays season, it seems like many of your big hits are releasing in Fall 07, It’s good to be overwhelmed but there shouldn’t be another drought ever again in PS3′s cycle. But I’m sure PHil knows much better than I do.

Overall it’s been a great being an early adopter of PS3-now drop that price so my friends can experience how awesome it is!!! Plus, we need as many people as we can get for LBP!!!

Keep the innovative stuff coming

+ Duke on June 13th, 2007 at 11:24 pm said:

we need more demos and more midway classics online

+ LUGOVES on June 14th, 2007 at 7:34 am said:

In case repitition receives recognition, I agree we should be watching to determine if Sony is leaning more toward PR vs Collaboration with gaming community. Likewise, I encourage other gamers to tailor their criticism constructively. Expectations seem high, but I agree with those curious as to how much freedom Sony Employees have to discuss. Perhaps preemptive dialogue indicating what ‘will & won’t’ be found here would be helpful (i.e. release dates, costs, etc.) I strongly believe Sony is the leader for console, HDTV(Blu-ray) & more. This blog hopefully has more participants who agree, and want to support enhancement, vs. soapbox individual grievances. Peace out. – Lugoves

+ PS3_123106 on June 14th, 2007 at 11:17 am said:

I offer many congrats to you Sony, I’m glad that the fans can take part in something like this.

534th to post w00t!!!

+ Cliffbo on June 14th, 2007 at 12:31 pm said:

Well done Sony! this blog has already sparked a lot of interest around the net and is filling forums with interesting topics. keep up the good work. i’m still waiting for a Phill blog, but i understand he’ll be busy at the moment preparing the upper cuts for E3. i’m so glad i stuck with Sony!

+ LeftHandOfGod on June 14th, 2007 at 1:00 pm said:

It is a very exciting to be a console gamer. As an owner of all of the major consoles released in the last 20+ years, I feel there has never been an outlook as incredible as this generation. We should be witness to some great and innovative titles coming out in the next few years. I also see a few reasons as to why my PS3 purchase will be justified. Though I feel the future of the PS3 is a clouded one.

Sony has been at the top of my list ever since the PS1, but now that seems to be faltering a bit. I know you guys(SCEA) are throwing so much into this pot, but you really do need to step up a little more in certain areas. A key one: downloadable content. I know there have already been plenty of comments regarding this, but I do not think it can be emphasized enough. A title like Oblivion is far inferior on the PS3 when compared to the 360 and PC versions. I say this only because of this one aspect: downloadable content. With third party titles like GTA IV on the horizon I do not think you can afford to hold this back any longer. As an owner of both the 360 and the PS3, I will be hard-pressed to purchase the PS3 version of any game when there has been no announcement of DLC support. This will be such a huge factor for those that own both systems. I really hope you guys have this issue hammered out come this fall.

+ TTP on June 14th, 2007 at 2:47 pm said:

WHERE DO I COMPLAIN ABOUT THE EMBARASSING LACK OF CONTENT ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE?

+ haldalish on June 14th, 2007 at 3:56 pm said:

Hey good job on providing great content for the playstation store. I love waiting ever week to go check it out and see exciting stuff like MLB the Show video # 67 and re watching trailers for games that i seen a month ago. I mean why would i want demos when i can watch 20 sec game trailers over and over all day. I also love waiting for updates to the only worthwhile games on the system (resistance & motorstorm) only to be delayed for a week, then 2 weeks, then a month. good job, thats gotta build hype right? But my favorite thing is when im playing resistance and someone sends me a message so i quit the game casue i have to go the XMB to view their message. Thinking they wanna play with me only to find out they just wanna talk about upcoming games(what else is there to talk about). good times sony

+ Evazan on June 14th, 2007 at 5:31 pm said:

“Please someone post something about the lastet store update so that we have a place where we can go to express our frustration” – TTP

I’m sure they are scared to even talk about it. People getting hired for this (PSN content) job yet or what?

+ Nathan Hale on June 14th, 2007 at 5:44 pm said:

Hi, I heard a rumor that unlike Microsoft, Sony has no plan for downloadable contents of Rock Star’s Grand Theft Auto 4 for PS3. If that is true, that is really disappointing :(

+ OmniCloud on June 14th, 2007 at 6:07 pm said:

There’s been rumors that the exact opposite is true Nathan Hale, So I’d say wait for E3 or an official announcement from Rockstar for confirmation.

+ JadedRaverLA on June 14th, 2007 at 9:12 pm said:

It’s great to see Sony listening to its customers. I understand the Japanese tendency toward corporate secrecy, but as an American I have an unreasunable expectation to know about everything well in advance. Given that one of SCE’s competitors has a press conference about every feature that they may decide to enable on their system a year or so from now, the lack of information coming out of Sony has come across to many as simply having nothing to say. Hopefully, this blog will change that opinion.

Also, I just wanted to let those at Sony know that not all gamers buy into the PR machine of ‘that other company,’ and can see first hand what an amazing system the PS3 has the potential of becoming. Seriously, the specs are phenomenal — cell processor, Blu-ray, etc. As a longtime PC gamer who was alwas reluctant to game on consoles with their ‘inferior specs,’ the PS3 has turned me into a console convert. I actually bought a PS3 to play Blu-ray movies, but was immediately impressed by games like Resistance: FOM, and later Motorstorm.

So, anyway, thanks. And if there’s anyone at Sony with any pull… one quick question. How do you get into the ‘Home’ beta trial. That is quite possibly the coolest online community idea I’ve ever seen, and I desperately want in!

PSN ID: JadedRaverLA

+ hotsauce2 on June 14th, 2007 at 11:02 pm said:

Please Sony, I need in-game access to the xmb. If you can’t do it within a couple of weeks, then at least keep us updated on your progress. The suspense is killing me!

+ limitt_45 on June 14th, 2007 at 11:46 pm said:

Dose anybody at sony know if theirs going to be news on the game “EIGHT DAYS” at this years e3. At last years e3 this was the game to me that defined what a ps3 game should look like. Would love to hear more about it.

+ Spider0205 on June 15th, 2007 at 5:11 am said:

Hello, I am from Germany and asked some to the PS-Network! Why are no demos like Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six or other top titles? on Xbox market place, there are all demos of all games!!! there it gives six ghost to recon and rainbow also in the German xbox market place, therefore it cannot be because of the old-age-limitation! more demos of top title must ago! then, the chat must still be improved about some! the privatchat also must in plays works! the user-interface looks steriel very much, she/it must be made more kindly for something! when does “home-beta” come out for Germany? moreover, the price of the ps3 is in Germany like they very highly equally plays! there, also what must be altered! much Germanizes can simply not afford itself this! this because of what can this be doesn’t play explorer of the ps3 the trailer of http://www.gametrailers.com internet? so, now, I annoyed enough and hope this to Germany also the HOME-beta soon comes and the other problems soon are fixed

yours truly: sascha
Playstation ID:Spider0205

+ CRAZYJOEDALLAS on June 15th, 2007 at 6:17 pm said:

Hey “WTF”!!!! Where is the “Warhawk” beta that was coming out last month but never did? Im mad!! If you say somthing do it. Dont make me buy a “X box” becouse I will. But Im happy about socom, YAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Thwip on June 15th, 2007 at 6:54 pm said:

It’s nice to see an official PlayStation.Blog; it obviously took me a few days to find it, but now that I’m here I’ll be back often!

+ shamon on June 16th, 2007 at 1:13 am said:

FIX THE IPOD MUSIC MENU ALL THOSE FOLDERS ARE NOT NEEDED IT HARD JUST TO FIND A SONG

+ Sandcastle on June 16th, 2007 at 4:34 am said:

This is late, but welcome to the blogosphere! News sure spread fast.

+ Slimer on June 16th, 2007 at 5:26 pm said:

Wow the Xbots fanboys are here as well….immature brats.

As stated before get some good software on your PSN (like the Wii) and things will start looking up. And some decent demos of future games before they come out would be swell as well.

+ steveshd on June 17th, 2007 at 10:05 am said:

Finally! Welcome!

+ NeoGeo on June 17th, 2007 at 2:00 pm said:

I just want to know when you guys plan on lowering the price of the PS3. Right now Wii the most inexpensive system on the market, which is why its kicking ass. But the Wii isnt a MANS system. So when do you guys plan on lower that price, cause as soon as you do I will consider purchasing it. Can that be answered?

+ Forastero on June 18th, 2007 at 12:12 pm said:

Hello, i have just bought a PS3 and I’ve already registered on the PSN, it’s really good, I want to buy some games there but I don’t have a credit card in order to buy’em, so my question is: Are you gonna launch a some kind of tickets like the japanesse tickets for the PSN here in USA?

+ Nathan Hale on June 18th, 2007 at 5:11 pm said:

Only XBOX 360 gets exclusive episodic content for Grand Theft Auto IV. Please Sony, do something!!!

+ railenmiles on June 20th, 2007 at 7:26 pm said:

Yay, Playstation is Stayin’ ALIVE!! Keep up the good work! & Luv the blog.

+ Stoffinator on June 21st, 2007 at 3:02 pm said:

I had to say this some where in hope that you guys give a response but I doubt it…Why do the PSN updates sucks so much?

7 months into this consoles life and we’ve had one, one, good update with a demo, the rest aren’t even luke warm. What is up with this?

Today you guys release two PSOne games that were already available and say its two new content added to the Store, who cares if you can now play them on your PS3?

Where are the god damn PS3 demos? WAKE UP SONY!

+ Nathan Hale on June 22nd, 2007 at 1:45 pm said:

Please put demo for Haze!!!

+ CRAZYJOEDALLAS on June 23rd, 2007 at 5:41 pm said:

I love sony
Sony loves me
Thats why I got a PS3
But if you dont make a game that will knock off my socks
I will go get a F***’n X-box

+ CRAZYJOEDALLAS on June 23rd, 2007 at 5:45 pm said:

Im sorry sony I will not get a X-box. Just please make SOCOM a good game.

+ Nathan Hale on June 23rd, 2007 at 9:59 pm said:

To: CRAZYJOEDALLAS: According to Game Informer megazine, (I got it today) SOCOM: Confrontation for PS3 is not developed by Zipper Interactive but by Siant Six (I never heard of them, also notice there is no “U.S. Navy SEALs” as subtext) just like Warhawk this game is only for online play and there is no single player mode. :(

+ Ninja-Mage on June 24th, 2007 at 1:26 am said:

Hey Sony glad to see you guys finally put out an official blog! I’m still loving my Playstation 3 and am even working towards converting several friends to the PS brand.

But i’m a little upset over something (though not sure if I should vent this here or not but I will anyway). The other day I was at my friends house and on his PS3 he’s able to access the Japanese PS Store, this isn’t the part that bothers me. But I decided to be curious and rumage through what my pals over sea are getting. And i’m overly upset about it because when I looked through their PS1 games they had probably tripple what ours has to offer and way better games to boot. The one that upset me most was that they have Metal Slug 3, a game i’ve been wanting on my PSP for so very long I’ve even thought of voiding my warranty to put an emulator on it (though I didn’t).

But either way I’m wondering when are we going to see some new offerings in the PS1 archieves like hopefully Metal Slug.

Anyway hope to read many cool things on this blog!

+ Majors5 on June 24th, 2007 at 10:27 am said:

Hey sony… Glad to see something of interest for a change…. But whats the score with these bloody games ? e.g R6 Vegas – 3 months late and still not as good as the 360 version… I think i have purchased the wrong console…. As all the 360 port’s are utter crap as well as being 8 months behind the 360 release dates. We the consumers have paid top whack for a inferior console, i think you should have a few words with the developers to sort themselves out and release games up to standard or even above standard.
I must agree i like the PS3 but its potential is drastically under used, i know it takes a few years to get to grips with the development side of things but come on.. £40 or £50 for a game thats not as good as a 360 version that cost’s half the price.
PSN (EU) is starting to pick up a bit now (about time), but do you not think that the way it is now should have been from day 1 ? and improved from there.
I know lots of people like ps1 games but i think you should concentrate on new games and additional content for existing games, More playable demos, More trailers and more interest in the eu store.
Anyway enough ranting just please take note…Lee

+ psquare on June 26th, 2007 at 3:26 pm said:

Well SONY could do a lot to make me happy with my PS3.

Put demos out on PSN one or two a week and get the games out fast like three a week. (HOME, SOCOM, warhawk)

and more content in general such as video on demand

Fix remote play connectivity issues.

intigrate the virtual achievments with games that are out now with for HOME

Get the games out as fast as possible my PS3 is getting very depressed right now.

Put the date and time on the thing when you press the ps button on the controller

RUMBLE

integrated friends lists

PRICE DROP

+ CdnBacon on June 26th, 2007 at 11:21 pm said:

Late congratulations Sony. I bought a PS3 in late December and waiting for games led me to purchase the other system a couple of months ago. However, the company I’m still cheering for is Sony. I know you guys will come out on top with efforts like this and with great retail and PSN content. We believe in you and hope you will exceed our expectations. Looking forward to the future.

+ Pendragonzero on June 28th, 2007 at 6:27 am said:

Only a few things id ike:

To be able to put wallpaper up

To be able to chat and do other things, like shop or play a ps1 ps2 or ps3 game without having to quit talking.

Get some RPGs in the PSN. Not all of us are fighting and shooting fans.

Add more to each weeks update.

Bout it. Other than that, keep it up!

+ PHIBALNATION on June 28th, 2007 at 6:36 am said:

Great job, keep up the good work.

PAGE 1 9 10 11 12