PS4-Watch_Dogs

Thanks Everyone, We’re Listening

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Jun 12, 2007 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

I was going to continue to chime in on the comments thread but it occurred to me that most of you would miss this as there were more than 500 comments on that first post, so allow me to simply extend an official thanks to everyone here and outside this blog who have taken the time to share their feedback and support for this effort over the last 24 hours. This is going to be a great and wild ride.

Kotaku, VH1, LevelUp, Joystiq, Destructoid, and 1Up, we appreciate the link love, guys. Likewise, GameCovered, TrueGameHeadz, GamingBits, and Opposable Thumbs, we heard you too and we’ll try to address some of your questions (and expectations) over the next few weeks. And please, Andrew, we read your stuff religiously; the last thing we want to do is to compete with your blog. We even got an official welcome from our industry-friend the Major, which we appreciate.

I’m going to get out of the way now and let others here share their posts, but please continue to comment and email us with your thoughts, cares and concerns. We’re reading everything (cough, korlithiel) and trying to respond to as much as we can (cough, whatthegeek), so bear with us. There’s much more to come….

262 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ Coolwater on June 12th, 2007 at 6:39 pm said:

Well, ThreeSpeech was my favorite, and now it’s got competition. NICE!!

Welcome aboard!!

+ Herby on June 12th, 2007 at 6:40 pm said:

Very cool. I can’t wait.

+ Deacon_Vlad on June 12th, 2007 at 6:41 pm said:

Nice to hear this from a company that cares :)

+ Loucifer on June 12th, 2007 at 6:43 pm said:

Now thats a response i sure as hell can deal with :)

+ mark_n_b on June 12th, 2007 at 6:46 pm said:

and here I just placed all my thank yous on the PSP message just below to mark my first comment.

I love this idea, being able to see and hear from people who are, in fact, in the know is a huge honour.

I hope I can gain some insights, learn some stuff, and just be on the cutting edge of news and info from this sight, and it is wonderful to have a place where we might actively comment on controversial issues, knowing that as members of the public, at least someone is hearing our POV (*coff* All I want for xmas is a PSP *coff*)

My thanks to Sony, and all the staff that are bringing this blog to life and keeping it real for all of us little people. Bonus thanks to GamesIndustry.biz for pointing me in your direction.

Really, thank you.

+ Nextgenx on June 12th, 2007 at 6:47 pm said:

Awesome!! Keep updating and bringing us news on PS3 games and announcment..

+ B4K4 on June 12th, 2007 at 6:48 pm said:

I’m so happy to know a place like this :) keep up the good work.

+ Figboy on June 12th, 2007 at 6:49 pm said:

I’m really pumped about this site, and I’m looking forward to some cool announcements in the future.

I went over to Major Nelson’s site, and the 360 fanboys over there were being such @ssholes about Sony starting up a blog.

I mean, damn, it’s a *BLOG. Is everything a competition nowadays?

For the longest time, 360 fanboys were mocking PS3 owners for not having a dedicated or official site or place where Sony and the fans can talk to one another, and now that they get one, it’s *STILL a bad thing?

Man, it’s like Sony can’t win nowadays, huh?

Anyways, I’m one happy PS3 owner, though the wait for the fall lineup of games is frigging *KILLING me! And I lived through the gruesome 1st year of the PS2!

+ aaquib on June 12th, 2007 at 6:50 pm said:

1 thing I’ve seen that almost every Playstation user would like to see is In-Game XMB access for music, and friends list. I’ve posted this before, but I think it needs to be heard. IGN said they’ve attempted contacting you about if the feature would every come, but recieved no response.

+ gigakain on June 12th, 2007 at 6:56 pm said:

Yes it is very important that we hear an official denial or confirmation of XMB in game access ASAP.

+ NewYork214 on June 12th, 2007 at 6:56 pm said:

@9

i agree with you but i mostly want it for the browser. so i can check websites or look up cheats without interupting my game.

+ T_Tokyo on June 12th, 2007 at 6:58 pm said:

Sony……listening to the minds of others. Knowledge will guide you to the front of the pack. Thanks :)

+ TheLostChild on June 12th, 2007 at 7:01 pm said:

Well, we’re glad to have you :P Just don’t forget about this and drop it by the wayside. Also, maybe y’know, read the message boards once in a while ;)

+ Flanando on June 12th, 2007 at 7:01 pm said:

I wanna get a shout out, I wanna get a shout out me me me…..cough…

im mature…what?

+ Coolwater on June 12th, 2007 at 7:01 pm said:

Is it just me or is the RSS feed a bit behind?

+ aaquib on June 12th, 2007 at 7:02 pm said:

@11

I don’t think we will ever get the browser in the game, because I was reading an article on innerbits.com and they said pages on the browser take up to 90mb out of 256mb of the ram, not to mention some is reserved, meaning games and the browser probably wouldn’t work. I would, however, like to see a PAUSE feature so you can quickly check the browser the quickly boot up bluray disc at the exact same spot without the loads, etc. Similar to the PSP when you turn it off during a game.

+ cruisx on June 12th, 2007 at 7:02 pm said:

Good to see that this blog is up and running =), you guys are doing a great job!!.

aaquib about in-game XMb access to listen to music, i think that there is no need for that, i mean come on, developers spent months to get the games audio and music perfect and i don’t think that they would like it if you listened to your music while playing their game. Now dont get me wrong i would like to see an in-game XMB feature, but i would 90% of the time only use it to reply back to a friend, this way i don’t have to leave the game to reply back.

+ Dark_king on June 12th, 2007 at 7:03 pm said:

Theirs lots of things that we would like to see a place where ps3 owners could log in using their psn ids to leave comments at a place where the flamers would have a hard time getting to also a small list of things we would like to see added to the XMB

+ zookey on June 12th, 2007 at 7:03 pm said:

One big thing: PLEASE make it easier for indy devs such as myself to get into PS3/PSP development, check out my indy dev teams’ site at http://www.teamkaizengames.com —we want to dev for PS3 all the way :-) Congrats on the blog and the kick @$$ systems–got both a PSP and PS3 launch day and love them to death—another thing tho–try to talk to companies like SNK so you still have quality 2D fighters and quality 2D games in addition to all the awesome 3D ness we will no doubt be privilege too.

+ Stoffinator on June 12th, 2007 at 7:05 pm said:

I want some of that Sony DNA. :(

+ SDkngsht on June 12th, 2007 at 7:06 pm said:

that’s what’s up. good to know. i’m holding back but i’ll share more as you guys get up and running. but i’m sure people like myself have plenty of feedback, ideas, wish lists, praise and suggestions. hopefully this will all be fruitful and for everyone’s good.

+ sectionz on June 12th, 2007 at 7:08 pm said:

i have been saying it rabidly and this post proves it .. SONY PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO READ! (ENGLISH)

+ magnusomega on June 12th, 2007 at 7:10 pm said:

It’s great to see that Sony is finally going out of their way to inform us on what’s going on in their world. Thanks for the love Sony.

+ eksMAN on June 12th, 2007 at 7:12 pm said:

cool

+ Dark_king on June 12th, 2007 at 7:12 pm said:

haha Sony people can read English your right this is the proof SO is their some really special reason why you guys decided to open this blog i sure you could get peoples ideas from easier sources

+ Violentp69 on June 12th, 2007 at 7:15 pm said:

As much as I like to see this blog being promoted, god does Kotaku suck. I just had to share that.

+ Shifty15 on June 12th, 2007 at 7:15 pm said:

thanks Sony for listening and reading our feedback. this has assured me as well as others that u guys will constantly be reading and checking this blog.

+ Keysersoze10033 on June 12th, 2007 at 7:17 pm said:

I hope this website doesn’t get block in my job :(. Thank god you guys made a phone version of it, I can check it all day.

+ Korlithiel on June 12th, 2007 at 7:19 pm said:

I’ve been heard, that alone has made today feel great.

Now maybe I should go back and find my post, so many I’ve read through and so many to wade through.

+ aaquib on June 12th, 2007 at 7:21 pm said:

Cruisx, I can understand listening to the developer’s music in games where you are immersed in the experience such as Warhawk(beta), Resistance or Oblivion, but in a game like Motorstorm the tracks get annoying and it would be much better to be able to put in your own tracks to replace the Motorstorm soundtrack. Just my opinion anyways.

+ cruisx on June 12th, 2007 at 7:28 pm said:

aaquib something that would be better would be if the devs of the game allowed you to put in your own music, GTA for psp did this and everyone loved it. For example like in a racing game some ppl like to listen to their own music, it helps them play better, so it would be kool if the game took the music from your ps3 HDD and imported it into the game.

+ SDkngsht on June 12th, 2007 at 7:31 pm said:

one more thing before i bounce! lol.

just wanted to say i’ve had a PS3 since launch and the changes and leaps you guys have and are making with the PSN are incredible. it’s no secret online experience with the PS2 wasn’t anything to brag about lol.

but the PS3 online experience is like night and day in improvement.

i love the downloadable content so far (i’ve gotten everything except Super Sprint, the PS1 games and Joust…does anyone actually play Joust? lol).

just wanted to drop a quick wishlist of some arcade classics, older games etc that i think would be incredible. i know some probably aren’t possible due to legalities but still wanted to drop the list for suggestions as games to add in the future to the PSN store (if it’s possible). most of the games should be either kept exactly the same or at the most maybe updated visuals (ie like you guys are doing with StreetFighter and Super Stardust) but the gameplay is already excellent on all of the games below.

most are from 3rd party publishers that make games for the PS2 and PS3. some i’m not sure. either way…check the list out & do what you can.

PSN downloadable wish list:
Road Rash (PS1, but not the 3D one lol)
Toejam & Earl (the first game on Genesis)
Shinobi (original arcade classic)
BurgerTime
Wipeout (PS1)
Metal Gear (PS1)
More maps on Calling All Cars
Pac Man (timeless classic or you could do Pac Man Jr)
Punch Out (i don’t know who made this or if it was Nintendo 1st party but if not that would be cool)
Elevator Action
Pack Rat
Contra (Konami i think)
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (Tecmo)
Tecmo Super Bowl (with updated contemporary rosters! that’s a hit waiting to happen!)
Golden Axe (arcade/genesis original, could drop the same time as the new game)

i guess that’s it for now. lol. just some suggestions. i know i’m not the only one that would be excited about these titles and it’d put some serious excitement into the download service. all of them could go for $4.99 or so. i think it’d be big news to release a few of these and really help out the PSN.

you could even have common areas/arcades in home with the original arcade boxes of these games. and if they didn’t have them people could download the games from home like they do from the PSN to have access to them etc.

just my 2 cents.

peace.

+ GreyWulf on June 12th, 2007 at 7:32 pm said:

I do wish I could enter these post on my PS3 but having trouble logging in.

Anyhow let me state how much I do appreciate this Blog and cant wait to see where this goes.

Also want to give a shout out for all the GAP members that joined up on the underground to do just this give direct input and get responses.

+ nmc75 on June 12th, 2007 at 7:34 pm said:

Inquiring minds want to know: what’s the latest on the Motorstorm and Resistance updates that were/are delayed?

Do you see this blog as acting as acting somewhat like a customer advocate as Major Nelson?

+ SDkngsht on June 12th, 2007 at 7:37 pm said:

few more…i know i know…

Bubble Bobble
Bust A Move HD
Monopoly HD
Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

ok…that’s it (for now). seriously. lol.

peace.

+ Tavin on June 12th, 2007 at 7:38 pm said:

The real test will come when we see if and how Sony responds to issues that don’t go over well with this community. An example on the 360 side would be the pricing of the GH2 music packs. Major took a lot of heat for that but never came out with anything other than the company line and has been mum since. If Sony can truly make this a 2-way communication device to show they are listening to and addressing gamers’ concerns, then we will definitely have seen a change in Sony’s mindset for the better.
Good luck guys. I look forward to the next steps…

Tavin.

+ Dark_king on June 12th, 2007 at 7:39 pm said:

I would like to see the FF& movie for download in the store as well as other game related movies

+ DocEvils on June 12th, 2007 at 7:42 pm said:

Hi Sony it’s me again!(This time no crazy bad typos:p)

I think nearly every single PS3 owner in the world wants in game XMB, it’s really a killer essential we must have! another nice addition would be in game custom music maybe.

cheers.

+ Dark_king on June 12th, 2007 at 7:46 pm said:

I would also like to know if backgrounds well be available for the ps3 soon just a simple yes are no you don’t have to say when but many users are wanting this to be on a future update

+ scxzor on June 12th, 2007 at 7:51 pm said:

Thanks Pat, for the shout-out. I’m so glad to see that the ideas we chatted about at GDC (and beyond) are finally coming to fruition.

Andrew
PS3/PSP Fanboy

+ Dark_king on June 12th, 2007 at 7:51 pm said:

So is this going to be the place to get all are ps news now Are the people at Sony really going to read thou all these post.

+ tsaiwes99 on June 12th, 2007 at 7:51 pm said:

Yarrr, go Kotaku!!

And, nice blog by the way

+ HanSolo on June 12th, 2007 at 8:00 pm said:

ok….can you get this games on the psn…by next week???

colony wars, doom, diablo ( all ps1 games )

i would love to replay them on my ps3/psp

ps.. no more trailers, please!!! ps1 games, new games, dlc and demos!

plus of course, movies for the psp and music as well…all available on psn… when???

+ Wollan on June 12th, 2007 at 8:09 pm said:

Recipe for success:

I’m sure Sony is very busy at the moment removing the EE chipsets for the PS3s around the world, reducing the CELL build to 65nm tech and whatnot as you should be.

A long drawn out slow price drop won’t cut it though. What needs to be done is to drastically cut the PS3 price to 379$ in early September and on the same day launch a major game which would be Heavenly Sword for that time frame. The losses would be huge but this is the first Christmas period where the PS3 is available worldwide, now is the time and last chance to change the perception before it is solidified.

The loss would be huge but it would turn heads around in a massive way. Then you sit on that pricing for as long as it takes to become profitable again so you might recover. And in the mean time you squeeze Uncharted, Home, LBP, Killzone 2..etc..etc for all their worth. It is clear as day that this needs to be done and I’m strongly advising you. No ifs or buts, no pointing to internal politics… it is as clear as day. Just do it.

+ regen on June 12th, 2007 at 8:16 pm said:

Hey – just wanted to say well done on this big step, and that I’ll be watching with great interest!

This is going to be a really great interface with the community – I just hope you guys don’t get flamed out by the readers!

And lets look forward to some more great games to come out of the PS3, so I can have a good reason to throw away my 360 and its recurring red rings of death!

+ Thomaticus on June 12th, 2007 at 8:20 pm said:

I’m excited… lets BLOG Sony

+ LiquidMetal14 on June 12th, 2007 at 8:23 pm said:

I love this blog idea. Can I ask about Gamercards for us loyal Playstation fans. It would be great if we could have something to put in our sigs that was endorsed by you guys. You’re just getting started, great things are yet to come. You’ve started the car, now rev that engine up and never look back.

+ jerkyboyz0 on June 12th, 2007 at 8:23 pm said:

Most of us in the PS3 community just want to know that our requests are not going unnoticed. A simple “I understand that you really want the in game XMB, we are working to get that to you as soon as possible” would really put a lot of our minds at ease. We know all the firmware updates to the PS3 needs to be tested for stability. I would want the firmware updates to be more stable, then a week early.
As I stated before a simple confermation that Sony working on certain firmware features would be awesome. Also try taking a look at the Sony forums every once and a while too.
We all have the same goal in mind here. Make the PS3 the best gaming console possible. You need us and we need you to make that happen.

+ BigChief on June 12th, 2007 at 8:25 pm said:

Good going Sony! Can’t wait for what the future holds, keep us informed

+ darkiewonder on June 12th, 2007 at 8:25 pm said:

*Cough* Send a psp and I’ll believe you actually listen *Cough*

xD.

This is awesome. Hope to read some good news from everyone there! and shed some light on the upcoming E3 Event! Other than the games listed for SCEA and SOE, will there be suprises? O.o

PAGE 1 2 3 6