PS4 - Destiny

New PS3, New Price & More News Coming

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Jul 08, 2007 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

B
As you may have seen tonight here, here and here, we’re kicking off this year’s E3 with some big news (and the show hasn’t even started yet).

In short, we’re introducing a new PS3 model with a 80GB hard drive which will include a free copy of MotorStorm, all for the retail price of $599. This 80GB package will be available starting in August, just a few short weeks from today. The larger hard drive will give players more of an opportunity to take advantage of all the downloadable games and trailers on the PLAYSTATION Network, including the content from our forthcoming download service which will include videos, movies and other entertainment content.

In addition, as some of you speculated last week, we confirmed today that we are lowering the price of our current 60GB PS3 by $100, to $499, effective immediately in North America. I know many of you were eager to hear this and we’re thrilled to share this with you now as we head into E3.

Lastly, to keep up with the latest news, you can view a live stream of the official E3 SCEA press conference this Wednesday, July 11th, starting around 11:30 a.m. pacific time. About a half hour before the conference (11 a.m.), click here and we’ll have a live conference feed available.

And if that isn’t enough for you, we’ll have tons of content hitting the PLAYSTATION Store this week, including the SCEA press conference and exclusive first and third party videos and trailers, only available through PLAYSTATION Network. These will be available shortly after the conclusion of the press conference. We want to make sure that you’re getting the info as soon as possible. Rest assured, there is much more to come this week, including the conclusion of our Inside the Developer Studio series, so stay tuned….

Also See
SCEA President & CEO Jack Tretton outlines the details of today’s announcement (YouTube)

545 Comments

PAGE 1 8 9 10 11

+ Legendary_Agent on July 10th, 2007 at 5:34 pm said:

@Slaughter
hey as how Pinoyremix said u can just buy a 60 or 80hdd used on laptop systems and ure still winning, after all i wish i could have ps2 mod chip in my ps3 too
just spend 60€ max for a new hdd if u feel like 20gb is not enough they are pretty cheap right now

+ Legendary_Agent on July 10th, 2007 at 5:37 pm said:

btw about the ppl that feel like ps3 aint worth cause the games for it are crap i would suggest to have patience after all ps3 is very new and programers are having bit hard time to understand its architecture so they can make nice games with decent performance
this is how always has been with playstation first they come they have few games after one year or two ps3 will lead every other console as usual including the xbox360(due its low performance compared to ps3)…

+ phugeez on July 10th, 2007 at 5:57 pm said:

Man Im tired of all these people complaining. You cant make nobody happy now and these days. People complained and wanted a price drop now they got it $100…$20 something more than the elite which the ps3 have more than $20 worth of features on it. Thinks they are happy? No. When they found out North Korea was getting the 80 gig they complained. Now its coming to america tthink they are happy? No. Cmon people what else do you want?? Sony to come to your house and refurbish it ?? You got a price drop its a start be happy and News flash guys if you dont want to pay $600 for the 80gig get the 60gig and upgrade the hard drive when you run out of room aint like you gonna use it up the whole 60gigs over night. Its not hard to change and you can get Motorstorm used. I had a launch day ps3 and I am more than happy. I am happy that other people will be able might now to be able to experience the gaming and other features that I have now for a while. Also more people on psn so I can beat up on…hehe. But for real folks lets act civilized and not lot a bunch of rabid consumers. If I had to do it again I would pay $600 again easy

+ Slaughter on July 10th, 2007 at 5:58 pm said:

@legendary_agent,

Its not that I want a 80 gig HDD. I can go get a 160 or 200 easily and pop it in and walla…state of the art PS3. It just the business practices that took place with this PS3 launch which makes me angry, but not so angry.

Its like buying a ice cream cake but they forgot to put the ice cream in it. Its like buying a new car, but somehow they forgot to put an engine in it. Its like…u know what I mean..i can go on comparing but its not going to fix the fact that I got sucker’d by these extreme business practices.

I would be happy if sony sent us a game, or a extra controller, or a 40″ Flat Panel TV…(just kidding, but I won’t turn it away..lol).

Even better all 20 GB users should get 3 downloads from the PSN premium games (warhawk, Tekken…etc) for free or 6 downloads of non premium games (Stardust HD, GoPuzzle packs…etc.) for compensation of the discountinuation of the 20 GB.

Now Im stuck with a system that nobody will want to buy unless I sell it for a huge lost.

+ FasuXe on July 10th, 2007 at 6:16 pm said:

Well, Im disappointed that there was a price break so soon. I just bought my PS3 b/c all the reports were saying that there wouldn’t be a price break very soon. Oh well. I think that the 80Gig drive was a good idea though. I mean, the people that wanted a price drop got it , not to mention a free game. And there’s still a better option for anyone who can afford the pricier system, plus they get a free game too. I think options and free games are always good.

+ CASAVERDE26 on July 10th, 2007 at 6:39 pm said:

Unfortunately, I have sent a few E-mail concerning the PS3 and have not received a comment in return. My concern is that it lacks quite a few things the X-box 360 has.

1) brings no headset.
2) Can not chat while playing games online or playing a regular game.
3) have no option to reply to e-mail during any game play.
4) Slow load time either online or regular game play.

Price went down, but it still lacks alot for such a small decrease. Sorry Sony, but I’m going to trade in my PS3 for an Elite 360. Maybe in the future, I will reconsider the PS3 when ever you guy’s decide to really compete with Microsoft. Thanks. :0(

+ Juan Pablo on July 10th, 2007 at 7:18 pm said:

This is really good news, I’ve seen a lot of people getting the PS3 thanks to this price cut, the more we are the better: more games, more friends, more online play… Thanks!

+ PS3_GAM3R on July 10th, 2007 at 7:36 pm said:

This is very good news indeed. I am a happy PS3 owner since December, but I am happy that they did this price cut for the cheap bastards that did not get one before!!

+ devanw on July 10th, 2007 at 7:44 pm said:

Thank you sony I could kiss you i’m getting one next week.

+ roadclimber on July 10th, 2007 at 8:32 pm said:

Some people are never happy… whine whine whine.. we need a price cut.. whine whine whine.. the top model is still expensive..

As far as i can tell, the differences between the 60 gig and the 80 gig aren’t that pronounced. 20 gig difference? big deal.. that’s an xbox 360hd.. nothing at all.
Then there’s Motorstorm which is a must purchase game at any rate…

I think this comes at a great time when the news of the “dependable” 360 is flying fast and furious. 2500 units returned a day? 33% percent failure rate? not even taking into consideration those who were out of warranty running crashing systems who didn’t want to send it back because of the 150$ dubious repairs.

Granted MS wised up and kicked their warranty up to 3 yrs and are now bleeding cash for repairs but.. .. What do you want? a system that you have to send back 1-4 times if you’re lucky? Even if it doesn’t cost you a cent you’re still system deprived for however long it takes for you to get it fixed.. if they fix it. Of the 5 ppl i know with a 360, 3 have sent it back. One of them is on his 4th right now. Mine has freezing issues but hasn’t crashed yet.

It’s a no brainer to me.. the games are going to be there in September for the Ps3 so that’s not an issue.. why would you buy a product with an ADMITTED 33 percent failure rate.. 1 in 3! great odds.. and that’s assuming that the 66 percent are running flawlessly… which they’re not.

@489 complaining that there’s no headset? well.. the flimsy one that came with the 360 was nice but… keep in mind you get a free headset with Warhawk (another must buy game ) or if you wait a month or so you can buy the PS Eye which alleviates the need to even wear a headset. Why would sony bother making obsolete technology?
AS to the rest of it.. I’m not sure what you mean .. I’ve been playing RFom and chatting with teammates is seamless. Not quite sure what slow load times you’re talking about either. Rfom online plays like a dream and that’s up to 20 v 20 games.

I will say that the 360 was packaged a bit nicer than the Ps3. Out of the box the 360 had some music/vids and a game preinstalled on the hd. Nothing earth shattering but enough to play around with and get a feel for the system. The ps3 was just kindof empty. But then it doesn’t wheeze and die the moment i play any game more complicated than Geometry wars.. or whatever that game i got for free with the set was.

+ marmaduke128 on July 10th, 2007 at 8:58 pm said:

I have been waiting for a trigger to buy a PS3 since it debuted, and here it comes. And I thought it was going to be GTA4. I want to thank the many contributors here. I nearly fell into the 80gig trap and decided to pay the same $600 for just a little more memory and a game I could pick up used. Instead, I will buy the system I wanted all along for $100 less. I hope more ppl feel the same way and give Sony the base it needs to attract more developers.

For those of you complaining that you just paid $600 for the same system and are screaming about an upgrade program, it’s not going to happen. That’s the price you pay for being an early-adopter, it happens all the time. You paid a premium to be able to show-off your system to your friends. Why not complain that you paid $200 for a RAZR and now everyone’s getting the same tired phone for free?? That’s the way tech goes.

Thanks everyone for the insights.

+ darthfoo on July 10th, 2007 at 9:24 pm said:

glad the price cut is finally here. how about hooking up the early adopters with something nice??

+ LoneWolf4 on July 10th, 2007 at 11:08 pm said:

well i only read the first few comments. the 20gig version didnt take off beside the lack of fourty gigs of harddrive space, was the lack of built in wifi and card solts. i already own the game so i dont need that, also i would the new drive be availble for separate sale for the current own upcoming 60 gig ps3 owners. but if this new boxed ps3 version gets more ppl playing it is still great, the more the marrier.

+ dragoonmaster1781 on July 10th, 2007 at 11:50 pm said:

I think its pretty awesome, Im getting the 80GB asap :)

+ boneyardweller89 on July 11th, 2007 at 1:09 am said:

Here’s an idea… drop the 80GB model after the holidays, toss an HDMI cable in with the 60GB and drop the price another $20 just to poke fun at MS.

Another idea… as far as I know, Sony doesn’t manufacture HDDs but if possible, sell some 2.5″ 120-160GB notebook HDDs with the PS logo so people can add more memory to their PS3s and you guys can make some extra $$$. (Again this could be used to taunt MS.)

…Or do both…

+ joelface on July 11th, 2007 at 1:51 am said:

im definetly closer to finally getting a ps3 now!

+ starfoxACEFOX on July 11th, 2007 at 2:09 am said:

OMG other whiner about HDMI cables, ebay for $4 , I have two of them now. For the ones that BS about the harddrive size have you even open your PS3??? There laptop HD in there and that so very easy to change out. PS3 firmware is built into PS3 so it will still boot..

Glad that I have my EE chip in mine just add more hardware to play around with..

Fox

+ mattardo on July 11th, 2007 at 2:23 am said:

Will this new version come with a controller that does NOT stick when losing the awful unreliable and in-game-death-inducing signal? Will this new controller NOT have triggers that sitck out at uncomfortable angles and are super-sensitive to strands of hair activating them? Will this new version be outdated in another year by a bigger model? If that’s the case, why am I gaming on a console and not on a pc? The whole point of console gaming is so I don’t have to constantly buy new hardware every year.

+ RipNLa on July 11th, 2007 at 6:00 am said:

MGS4 will be the make it or break it exclusive game release for the PS3.

Also, early adopter here because of Tekken DR, so make sure Tekken 6 stays exclusive please because I know a lot of my friends are holding out just for Tekken.

The $100 price cut is great, and I DO feel burned since I’m an early adopter. However I’m feeling the burn mainly because I want more bluray movies and everyone now is getting 5 or 6 (amazone) free bluray discs. Its pretty obvious that us early adopters are the ones who helped push the bluray format so hard even when there weren’t many great games on the PS3.

Yes, I realize that electronics drop in price etc,etc, however, this is a significant drop in a short amount of time (when you take into account the Bluray deals going on now).

In summary, I’m sure a free PSN download or free BluRay movie offer for proven buyers before the price cut would be greatly appreciated by all. If not, I’m sure that others and myself will be much more cautious before purchasing a PS4.

Rock on! Killzone 2 looks awesome!

+ Legendary_Agent on July 11th, 2007 at 6:14 am said:

@Slaughter
i understand how u are feeling mate
but i think sony didnt know that some ppl would feel like this…
But still see it on the bright side u got ps2 hardware on ps3 wich other ppl dont…
sure they can run emulators and stuff but they will have huge problems with them
and i think that ps2 chip is an expensive piece, prolly thats why they only putted 20gb :\

+ Kaze88 on July 11th, 2007 at 7:44 am said:

Im from europe so ofcourse i got the european version of ps3. so all ps2 dont work on my ps3. yet in usa they payed 599dollars (something like 419euros) from the ps3 and i payed 670euros (845dollars) from my ps3. still ppl can complain about the price -_- i dont…
I love the systems and the games that it will provide in the future.
Just hoping for the price cut to come here too so that my friends are willing to buy one too.

+ Enforcer_X on July 11th, 2007 at 9:10 am said:

I see all of these comments about how this is a bad move. I have to disagree, the 80GB is not superior to the 60GB it only has a bigger hard drive, by that logic a 20GB with a 120GB drive in it would be superior to the 60GB and it’s not since it is missing Wi-Fi etc. I think it’s great because people can now get a fully loaded PS3 cheaper and this October when Hitachi releases their 250GB HD and because the PS3 HD is upgradeable we can all have as much storage as we need! Furthermore at the $600 price tag a lot of complaints were not the price for the console alone but because people had to also buy a game and other accessories on top of that so now for $600 you can play a really incredible title right out of the box and have an 80GB HD to start a nice PSN library. Also, providing people doing research to purchase a PS3 would see, buying the 60GB and using the saved $100 can yield a much larger HD upgrade, double that of the 80GB. Or get the 60GB and MotorStorm for $560. It all comes down to what the consumer wants. Maybe we will see a RFOM kit to further entice people to purchase the PS3. I think these “starter kits” are great to get new people in, or possibly entice PS2 customers to upgrade.

I do agree with the above poster regarding the Blu-ray deal going on now. I love that format and I have supported it since 2002 So I do feel a little burned this deal isn’t extended to current owners too as I have already spent over $200 on Blu-ray movies. However I understand being that early adopter I just wish we got a bone once in a while for being the early adopters.

On a different note I will not cut up my Blu-ray UPC codes to get a rebate. There has to be a better way to do this without destroying the cover art of these rather expensive movies.

Keep up the good work Sony and bring out the TouchSense SIXAXIS

+ TakenX_x on July 11th, 2007 at 5:32 pm said:

I think it is good that the 60gb ps3 droped $100 to $499 but i do not see the reason for a 80gb ps3 to come out at the old 60gb price of $599 when you can just replace the hard drive in the ps3 to any size you want.

+ Mr_713 on July 11th, 2007 at 9:26 pm said:

Get over it! Bottom Line the Sony Playstation itself is and will continue to be the most dominant Gaming console available. I won’t lie, I purchased a 360 when I couldn’t get the PS3 when it first came out, my first night with the 360, turned on and read error, needless to say I returned the same night for another one, played the game F.E.A.R. which in my opinion sucked, and I felt robbed by buying the 360, I returned it the following day and believe it or not I traded in for a PSP and been more satisfied with my PSP than the 360.
Now if you ask almost any 360 owner the main reason for them owning one is simply for Halo, hell I’ve played it and it’s an awesome game, so for Sony to let the MGS series go then that would just be a stupid move, as was GTA, that pissed me off. MGS is ours as Halo is 360′s I’ve never heard and probably never will hear about Sony getting HALO why? because Microsoft is smarter then that. Sony still rules and always will, no matter what the outcome of it’s games and pricing I will still be a fan of everything Sony. Holla.

+ slerch666 on July 13th, 2007 at 8:32 am said:

How about someone at Sony confirming publicly that the 60 GB PS3 is being phased out completely in America?

Is it true the “price drop” is just to move left over 60 GB inventory and instead to force the 80 GB model, with crappy software emulation, onto the US game buying public?

So the positive buzz has a negative spin. Congratulations on taking one step forward and two back.

+ pdias_92 on July 13th, 2007 at 3:13 pm said:

Is the 60 GB Version of the PS3 REALLY not being produced anymore? I heard about it on Gamespot.

+ Half_life000111 on July 13th, 2007 at 6:26 pm said:

Ok, I’m a massive sony fan and will always be a massive sony fan. The have the potential to win this generation…….. time will tell….. but the moves need to be right. I just recently heard that the 60gig ps3 was being fazed out of the market. Once the stocks are gone, it’s been said that they will only distribute the 80gig ps3. Not a smart move at all. Why consider it. The price point is the main issue within the US, not the memory. If people can get something cheaper, better or worse, they will. Don’t faze the 60gig out and push the ps3′s current defining titles, Haze, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Warhawk, Killzone, Metal Gear, Home, ect. and you will win sony. People will buy when the price and games are right, but if you force them to pay more they’ll just get agrovated and all but the die hard fans, like myself, will move on to other consoles. Get your ass on track so you can win this thing! We all know you can win but you have to play the game right to do it.

+ Half_life000111 on July 13th, 2007 at 6:38 pm said:

You know that the wii is a fad, the numbers will die as time goes on. I own a wii because my little bro wanted one. I bought it and was gravely dissapointed. The only good games out and coming out from it are made by nintendo, sound familiar…….it sounds like the gamecube :completley lost the console wars last gen:…… How long will this keep up, until brawl comes out, then it’s down hill for the gravely outdated wii. And the hot game twilight princes… get it on the gamecube if you own one, the most innovative thing on it on the wii is the aiming and that’s ruined by being able to auto target. The 360 has met the market one year early and is doing well……. the funny part is when people compare 360 and ps3 sales is no one considers the year start and no one realizes the ps3 has sold more in it few months of life then the 360 did within the same time period from launch. But when the ps3 exclusive are released people will be tempted to buy the ps3, as long as there is a 499 version available. Otherwise they’ll stick to the 360. The free online by sony though was a great competitive move against microsoft. Just push for the goal with the games and the price….. win sony win!

+ TheSlayerIsBack on July 14th, 2007 at 4:09 pm said:

this is awesome, now i can finally buy one

+ friendofbud666 on July 15th, 2007 at 4:34 pm said:

Allright people lets not gossip in care of if the 60gig isn’t being made anymore…

Sony makes a quality product, which we all enjoy playing. Bluray is the future for more storage space, I’m sure of the years to come your going to see more versions of the same machine; the ps2 has at least 6 the last time I checked. Hard drive will get bigger, processor smaller, bluray speed, and space for that matter. The bluray has the potential to hold 250gigs, I’m sure in the future you will see games that are so massive that game play might go over 10,000 hours.

On Sony’s standpoint they want to give quality as well as quantity, while they still don’t want you to only purchase one game a year. So this fine line that all the game companys tread is a thin one, especially to get the gamer to return to purchasing.

Sure they gave away 3rd party rights, but only in the name of making gaming better.

So sit back and relax, once the 1080p games start hitting the shelves, I’m sure its going to take us, Microsoft, and Nintendo a few minutes to wipe away the drool.

+ mx293 on July 15th, 2007 at 8:25 pm said:

Hello,
I think you should buy a ps3 60GB and then for a little more money buy a 120GB Harddrive. The 60Gb has a emotion Engine chip that the 80GB i don’t think has.

+ vugz on July 17th, 2007 at 12:45 am said:

hello!!!
my gf bought me a 60 gb ps3 yesturday for my bday. i’ve really wanted one for a while now…but today i did something stupid and returned it. im waiting for the 80 gb consol. theres a rumer that sony will finally bring back the rumble controller and include it in the package. anyone else hear the same? also…im sitting on my money and just waiting…anyone know the possible release date?

+ Spyder-97 on July 17th, 2007 at 3:15 am said:

@517 Oh my God!!
This is what I was talking about. SCEA… I hope you read this guy’s post.

+ lex160 on July 17th, 2007 at 12:00 pm said:

Listen SONY….Jack….and whomever else….

The price drop is good but it really doesn’t matter until you have games (especially exclusive and not 360 ports) to move systems. You have about 2 million 60 gig units in stores which will sell now with the drop but you will have to wait until at least November when Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Lair, GTA 4, HOME, etc come out to see them fly off the shelves.

I bought PS3 the first month out and really you don’t have any games that I can tell my friends “yea go buy this $600 system….or $500 for that matter.

Introducing the 80GB system is good, but nobody cares about 20 GB more and Motorstorm (good game but not system seller). Now if a extra controller was included, that would make it worthwhile. Adding 20 GB for $100 makes no sense when I could just buy a Seagate 100-120 GB hard drive for $80-110 and get double the memory.

If the rumor is true, you need to phase out the 60 GB, drop the 80 GB to $499 and introduce the 40 GB for $399. Of course, the 60 GB surplus has to be sold first and you are on the right track since Amazon sold out of PS3 until next week. This will take at least until 1Q-2Q 2008 (hopefully that fast). That will kill the competition b/c by that time all the highly anticipated games will be out. Also, M$ will have dropped their price by then.

M$ only has Halo 3, Mass Effect and Bioshock exclusive. Of course Halo 3 will sell out without a doubt. If you can get Bioshock later on just like they got DMC 4 and RE 4, that will be great.

Of course this is US, do whatever you want for Europe and Asia (although worldwide would get you more supporters of course).

+ crazyeighty8 on July 17th, 2007 at 1:25 pm said:

Sony did kinda look after thier customers who bought a ps3 at launch, or early. I got a free copy of Casino Royal (only watched it once). No point including a HDMI cable cos’ not every ps3 owner has a HD tv. BTW 300 Blu-Ray out 31st July-the One movie I have to get.

+ bryanarriesgado on July 19th, 2007 at 2:39 am said:

PLEASE RELEASE the HEAVENLY SWORD DEMO ALREADY!!!!

+ COBRAPINTO on July 19th, 2007 at 9:26 am said:

nobody knows what coming out today on psn?????????

+ bryanarriesgado on July 19th, 2007 at 11:15 am said:

E3 is over, and they share there experience to us thru what? more downloadable trailers? cmon man! those stuff are already on the web and thats the best PSN can give? I heard from game developers say that Heavenly Sword demo is already done and was sent to sony… But why arent they releasing it? many of us are getting kinda impatient and im sure Sony notices it by now… please SONY! give us our demos!

+ boneyardweller89 on July 20th, 2007 at 12:53 am said:

off topic but………

Read comment 498 and then go here:

I know. I rock. I was hoping it wouldn’t be quite so pricey though. You can buy an internal 2.5″ SATA 5400 RPM HDD on eBay for like $100.

+ salsaman69 on July 21st, 2007 at 10:44 pm said:

u should of sold different size hdd and update ur accesorie repetuare

+ Sollus on July 23rd, 2007 at 8:37 pm said:

I sincerely hope that the 80GB SKU loses the Motorstorm pack-in and drops to $499 after the 60GB SKU is out of stock. I wish I could gather enough funds for a 60GB SKU before they sell out but I won’t hold my breath. I’d like to have that hardware Backwards Compatibility as opposed to shoddy software emulation as well. It is a great business move to drop the price to move out stock but there is really no justification to phasing one SKU out for another more expensive SKU that has a minimal enhancement but at the same time has shoddy emulation BC. At least Sony isn’t as moronic as Microsoft in having three different SKUs out there to confuse some mom at Christmas time. Though if MS drops the Elite to $399 it would mean bad news for Sony. One could only imagine so anyway, unless Sony still acts like some arrogant jerk who refuses to face reality. Blu-Ray drive manufacturing has to be getting cheaper as well. Maybe I can have wishful thoughts in hoping the Playstation 3 drops to $450.

+ oM5o on July 24th, 2007 at 11:51 am said:

Forget new SKU`s, I need a New Sixaxis with rumble and a more ergonomic design. I never realized how central the controller design was to the gaming experience. The current design is adequate but PS3 should command more by way for personalization, features and technology. I submit for debate and consideration a controller with current tilt functions but on board memory for custom settings, user and account info. The controller should be seen a tool to enhance interaction. It should be as smart and intuitive as the systems they are made for. How about 128MB for Player history and personal stats and settings management, a removable battery and actual TRIGGER buttons? Sounds like a good start. I`d love to see Sony bring out another revolutionary controller like the dualshock was. Come on Sony “you Can do it!!”

+ zeonpilot on July 25th, 2007 at 3:04 pm said:

You have got to keep a 499 sku. Look how good its selling since the price drop. Your fans are speaking sony.

+ nate321 on July 25th, 2007 at 6:22 pm said:

Hello everybody this is my first blog, Hi Mr. Seybold, i would like to start off by saying i have been a sony fan since the first ps, my brother got one, and later on i got a ps2. I have yet to get a ps3 but the only thing stopping me is the price, yes the price. I know you cut 100 dollars that is great but for some of us who dont have 500 to spend easily are waiting a little bit longer. I can say i am one of the few, or the who buys systems for the name not the games, sounds stupid but this is the truth. Ps3 has alot to offer but some people dont see that. I understand it is worth the price but i dont have the money yet so i am here to give advice hoping you will listen. 1 Either lower the price another 50 dollars, 2 Make another trade in, trade your old ps2 and get 75 dollars off, then recyle the old ps2s to make the new slim ps2s you are coming out with. Im with you guys 100 percent, and i wish you luck. Oh yeah the whole 80 gb for 600 thing seems kind of like a bad idea you guys should change that.

+ dukelord05 on July 28th, 2007 at 12:43 pm said:

i love sony always have have had ps1 ps2 psp i think sony should like others said make it 120 gb for 600 (drop the game motorstorm) and make the 60gb for 400 not 500 and drop the ps2 and make a psp2 by adding a R2 L2 and 2 analogs on it instead of one
i hope sony will consider all of are suggestions and will hpe the best for sony

+ axtenren on July 29th, 2007 at 8:04 pm said:

how about us that bought the ps3 in full price? are you guys giving us a treat too. I’m kinda mad, that i bought mine after a month of released. I bought my 60g ps3 in full price. At least you can give us something. Still love PS3

+ JagX22 on August 3rd, 2007 at 2:38 pm said:

I think that when it comes to the PS3 console it is very important to try to meet all of the consumers demands. I will not buy my PS3 until I see colored consoles. This may not be as important to most people, but it is to me. I’m not saying launch a large array of colors, but I would like to see the ones that were available at the consoles launch. I have been craving a white PS3 like it’s nobody’s business. I am getting tired of black and I think that the consumers need more options when it comes to the consoles color. I am aware that this may be hard right now with all the other demands toward the console. I am just hoping that soon, as displayed at E3 2005, the colored consoles will be released.

+ True Grave on August 7th, 2007 at 7:36 pm said:

Have Ya’ll Heard About Sony taking out the emotion engine hardware to play PlayStation 2 and original PlayStation games? Like the Xbox 360, the 80GB model uses software emulation for its backwards compatibility. Thats NOT Good.

+ Celdurant on August 7th, 2007 at 7:52 pm said:

Meh, it lowers the production cost of a PS3. Or at least it should, so it’s not a bad thing per se. It’s just a trade off. I’m not concerned about the removal of the Emotion engine because I was never into upscaling game graphics with the PS3. I’ll just use my PS2 to play PS2/PS1 games.

+ True Grave on August 7th, 2007 at 8:20 pm said:

That’s the MAIN reason I got a PS3. My PS2 (Slim) would save a PSone Game, they had no old PS2, so I upgraded. If Sony fads out the 60gig ( which they did say their gonna do) I’ve wasted 700 dollars ( tax included) This is a stupid move by Sony. Didn’t they learn from the X-Box 360 backwards compatibility Problems? I guess not.

Ps. I know at least 12 people (huge gamers … more so than I) Won’t get a PS3 for this reason…. I almost regret it, but I’ll give Sony another year to get there act together….. PLEASE MAKE BETTER GAMES!!! I know you can! you did it on the PS2. oh and Sony If you’re reading this please put more PSone games in the Playstation Store. Thanks

PAGE 1 8 9 10