PS4 - Transistor

We’re Just Getting Started…

Jack Tretton's Avatar + Posted by Jack Tretton on Jul 11, 2007 // President & CEO

New Sony PSP
What a week! E3 is always an exciting time of year when we can roll up our sleeves and finally show you what we have planned for the year and beyond. As I’m sure you saw, on Monday we announced we are expanding the purchase options for PS3 by adding a new PS3 model to the market in August with an 80GB HDD. We also were able to engineer some cost savings into hardware production of PS3 and lowered the purchase price of our 60GB model by $100, effective immediately. We feel that is a substantial price reduction and hope if you haven’t purchased a PS3 yet, it will encourage you to do so. You probably also heard that we introduced a new, sleeker PSP; new features for our PlayStation Home service; and, as promised: games, games and more games.

This holiday and fiscal year more than 400 games are coming to PlayStation fans in North America. There will be over 120 PS3 titles including what we’re showing here at E3: Warhawk, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, The Eye of Judgment, PAIN, Echochrome, SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals Confrontation, SingStar and many more. All of those are exclusive to the PS3, and those are the ones just from us. We also showed at our press conference today other exclusives from our third party partners, like Haze, Unreal Tournament 3 and the one you have been commenting so much about on this very blog, Metal Gear Solid 4.

In addition, the PSP will score more than 140 games and PS2 over 160 this year. And, if you didn’t get a chance to see the new Star Wars Battlefront PSP Entertainment Pack, be sure to check out the pictures I’ve included here with this post. The Darth Vader image on the back of the new white PSP is pretty cool, in my opinion.

Our goal right now is simple: to provide you with the most compelling gaming experience possible, and as we are showing here this week, we are well on the way to achieving that goal.

Right now is a good time to reflect and say thank you. Thank you for being passionate members of the video game community and part of the PlayStation family. The best is yet to come.

New Sony PSP: DaxterNew Sony PSP: Star Wars Battle Front

379 Comments

PAGE 1 6 7 8

+ kenji on July 17th, 2007 at 6:50 am said:

Do anyone know if they will be releasing the PSP in any colors that would be appropriate for women?

+ Lgacy2X on July 17th, 2007 at 7:37 pm said:

I want to ask you something. When will the slim PSP be available for pre-order? I want to know before I want to pre-order it and obtain it on the day of its arrival.

+ Alcahest on July 18th, 2007 at 5:47 pm said:

IMPORTANT! About the 1.82 Firmware!

There is a bug in the fact that PS2 games video output is always either YUV or RGB Limited, even if RGB FULL is selected !

Basically with 1.82, everything (XMB, PS1, PS3 and BD/DVD movies) can be displayed in RGB (when BD/DVD is set to RGB too, of course) except PS2 games that are still output as YUV with no options to alter that, unfortunately.

This is annoying because the brightness is way too high and the image washed out when playing PS2 games after RGB FULL has been selected and the TV carefully calibrated for RGB FULL.

Also it would be a real plus having an “Upscale type setting” in the “PS menu” when playing PS2 games (normal or fullscreen). Are we supposed to alter the setting every time in the XMB according to the game we want to play? Annoying. The option would be much better directly accessible from the PS menu WHILE playing PS2 games.

So to sum-up, Sony please:
- Make an option to change the PS2 games video output to support RGB FULL like everything else so far on the PS3.
- Add an option in the “PS menu” of PS2 games to alter the Upscale type setting. (normal of fullscreen)

Thanks!

+ illegalprelude on July 19th, 2007 at 12:50 pm said:

Being a PSP owner sense its launch date, March 24, 2004 correct? ive been waiting for an excuse to buy another one. Not sure why as mine is in 100% mint condition but having said that, I can now finally rest assured that I wont be blowing off my money.

Im really excited to have a newer version that is just thinner let alone, all the other features and I say that because I take it on campus with me all the time or when im running errands and now it wont be boldging as much when its in my pocket.

+ TheGrave999 on July 19th, 2007 at 2:29 pm said:

you guys should have a red psp, id buy that. :\ but id still get the white one!

+ pixelknot on July 20th, 2007 at 6:49 am said:

I will get this one for sure, I’ve been wanting a White PSP sinde the day they released it in Japan, and the video output is a must have for me. Another thing I would ask for, is a GPS for the USA, please Mr. Tretton can you tell us if SONY will ever deliver on this one? since we did not hear anything about this at E3. Keep up the great work =)

+ oldfriend817@aol.com on July 23rd, 2007 at 5:19 pm said:

When is it coming out in America? I want one for my birthday which is in mid-August. And I’m talking my mom in to getting one for me, but I don’t know when it’s coming out. When is it coming out?!

+ kennmo05 on July 23rd, 2007 at 7:07 pm said:

I like the redesign, but I was wondering if the extra ram is going to allow for multitasking.

+ dboy482 on July 24th, 2007 at 8:02 am said:

yea thats great, though i still feel im miles away from being able 2 listen 2 music when im playing games

+ scarface3010 on July 24th, 2007 at 7:39 pm said:

I know the new PSP redesign is complete but I was wondering if you guys thought about incorporating a motion sensing feature into the PSP. I am saying this because games like Mercury would be way better if you could use the PSP tilt to control the position of the ball. I’m sure you could find other uses for this feature as well including allowing the player to move the character in the game in the direction of the PSP’s movement etc…

+ zeonpilot on July 25th, 2007 at 3:02 pm said:

Ps3 has such an awesome line up. And count me in as a buyer of the new psp. sweet.

+ natethegreat1 on July 25th, 2007 at 3:37 pm said:

Recently my friends bought regular PSP’s. they dont really keep up on technology well. In my mind I laughed a little. The new PSP IS GOING TO BE SOO MUCH SWEETER!! and for the same exact price. I guess it pays to be patient

+ jrserve on July 30th, 2007 at 10:44 am said:

hey sony will you do somthinge like give your old psp for a new one white extra money becaus if you do that i will buy a new psp, i can’t do anithig whti 2 psp so pleas do that and poeple whit an old psp will buy a new psp

+ naughtyco on August 2nd, 2007 at 8:34 am said:

Since these comments are for suggestions, I’d like to suggest a “deal” from Sony, where we are allowed to trade in our old PSP’s for the new one’s. I jumped at the chance to purchase a PSP when the price dropped, and now feel taken advantage of because of it. Please allow the consumer to not feel like me and many others by letting us receive a new PSP with a healthy discount by trading in our old one. Thanks for listening.

+ raden on August 2nd, 2007 at 9:56 am said:

Hey look E3 was sweet to the enth degree but i was wondering if you could say anything on Kingdom Hearts 3 please if you know anything tell us thankyou. oh and everyone who was at e3 (from sony) you all were great and exceptional.

+ Skater_Ricky on August 2nd, 2007 at 9:57 am said:

What im Wanting out of a new PSP hopefully 2.0 PSP is….

1. BLUETOOTH (for like a Controler for PS3 and u can use a bluetooth headset for it) :)

2. Motion Sensing Feature

3. More Ram

4.Lighter

5.Thiner

6.TV output

7.Screen More Derable.. since mine cracked all the way down the Right side of the screen :(

Wish there was a way to trade it in and get it fixed or something since it still works fine at all.

Then I think SONY will have the perfect PSP :)

Thanks Ricky,

+ jay on August 2nd, 2007 at 12:45 pm said:

SONY YOU MADE THE PSP EVEN BETTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ xplosneer on August 2nd, 2007 at 12:52 pm said:

Raden

I want some Kingdom Hearts annoucements!
KH2 storyline + PS3 graphics= holy **** that’s a good game!

+ steven777123 on August 3rd, 2007 at 6:30 pm said:

the big three are kaz jack and phil

+ steven777123 on August 3rd, 2007 at 6:31 pm said:

@ jay u made me dizzy with that comment lol

PAGE 1 6 7 8