PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Lair Update

Ryan Hamlyn's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Hamlyn on Aug 01, 2007 // Associate Producer, SCEA

Wow, even I didn’t see this one coming! Due to an extra step in QA testing to enhance the community features in the game, the release of LAIR, originally set for August 14th, has changed to September 4, 2007. Natural challenges that arose while finalizing the offline game to include key online features – such as leaderboards and medal systems – have led to the difficult choice of pushing back the release date. We appreciate everyone’s excitement and patience for the game and look forward to its release on September 4.

Related Post: Inside the Developers Studio: Julian Eggebrecht

491 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 10

+ azad_champ on August 1st, 2007 at 3:44 pm said:

not another delay! But whatever it takes to make the game AAA I’m cool with it.

+ BignRich on August 1st, 2007 at 3:44 pm said:

Well, you do your best to make sure this game is GREAT when it is released!

+ reson8er on August 1st, 2007 at 3:45 pm said:

Doh. I wonder if this has anything to do with the negative control buzz going around. If it does I hope not, b/c it would be a shame for the devs to compromise their vision based on the likes of lolEGM.

+ JordanBlack68 on August 1st, 2007 at 3:45 pm said:

another delay ffs

+ Jezer29 on August 1st, 2007 at 3:50 pm said:

If its helping to bring out a bug less product.. Then Im all for it.. But this is a perfect example of how deve’s (Well at least for the team Factor 5) are still learning on making a games for the PS3…

+ RexNox on August 1st, 2007 at 3:50 pm said:

nooooess.

+ Shane_O on August 1st, 2007 at 3:51 pm said:

Hmm, kinda makes me wonder, considering the recent controversy over the reviews and the game’s control scheme. However, I can see last minute problems popping up on anything, so it’s better to get it fixed before it gets released.

I still think analog control should be an option though. =)

+ Evazan on August 1st, 2007 at 3:51 pm said:

….Your words are empty to me.

+ mcpeepants80 on August 1st, 2007 at 3:51 pm said:

No matter. Delays only give developers more time to improve their product.

+ xplosneer on August 1st, 2007 at 3:51 pm said:

:( :( :(
Fine……

+ MeltTech on August 1st, 2007 at 3:51 pm said:

These delays are running rampant. But atleast we’re getting the word from the horses mouth. And you guys gave a new date other than postponed. We’re all looking forward to it.

+ DrPirate on August 1st, 2007 at 3:52 pm said:

Sounds like they’re implementing some HOME features. I’m cool with it. However, I needed it now because Universities start again Agust 28th and I don’t game during school, but whatever, that’s how the ball drops.

+ AznSniper on August 1st, 2007 at 3:52 pm said:

oh noooooo……demo plz then?

+ Evazan on August 1st, 2007 at 3:52 pm said:

I demand HS to be released earlier then.

+ BEBOP on August 1st, 2007 at 3:52 pm said:

-__________-

+ Evazan on August 1st, 2007 at 3:53 pm said:

Also I demand more games to play.

+ xplosneer on August 1st, 2007 at 3:54 pm said:

I said I wanted news in the last post, but not this! :(

+ Kenjisan on August 1st, 2007 at 3:54 pm said:

Sorry but wasn’t the game supposed to be already gone gold a week ago?
Now there are still things to finalize….honestly these delays and the first disappointing reviews (EGM) have crushed my interest in the game but I’m still looking forward to the demo ( to be release as soon as possible) to finally make up my mind on this game.

+ Starfleets on August 1st, 2007 at 3:55 pm said:

Sorry if this sounds rude, but explain to us how the implementation of a leader board takes 3 weeks?

Another delay. Heavenly Sword, Ratched & Clank..Warhawk will all be delayed.

This is getting pathetic. Why oh why did I buy a PS3 this early? I’ve been waiting for months for something decent to play, and each time – it keeps getting delayed, delayed and delayed.

+ Evazan on August 1st, 2007 at 3:55 pm said:

I call BS on this. Werent leaderboards already in the game? And how did it get to gold status?

+ Nomadmsw on August 1st, 2007 at 3:55 pm said:

Do whatever you have to make this game rock. Please make the control system an option, to shut up the folks that are scarred of change. I for one can’t wait to use my sixaxis to its full potential.

+ aaquib on August 1st, 2007 at 3:55 pm said:

Can we get Dylan Jobe from Incognito here to talk about Warhawk? Im extremely excited about Warhawk, and NEEEED to know when its going gold. Also, will we get a demo of LAIR?

+ GamerMan76 on August 1st, 2007 at 3:56 pm said:

So I’m assuming this is to fix the ability to interoperate with HOME? Dangit and I was stoked that 8/14/07 was almost here :( well I guess I can wait a bit longer but it really throws off my plan of Lair and learning it and then Heavenely Sword (which launches Sept. 4th also) and learning it….

+ Neil on August 1st, 2007 at 3:57 pm said:

So far early reviews have been ho-hum. So I suggest fixing those issues while you’re at it ;) I know I know, it doesn’t work like that.

Anyway allow me to speak for every PS3 owner when I say “Take your time
Hurry up
The choice is your
Dont be late
Take a rest
As a friend”

+ lakaihigh on August 1st, 2007 at 3:57 pm said:

I agree that its better to delay the product and perfect it than to release it and get a negative feedback and @drpirate how cool would that be if they were implementing home into it!?!?!? cannot wait for that! Yeah with all that I still wanna demo the game b4 I buy even though from what ive seen it looks sickening.

+ chartwel on August 1st, 2007 at 3:58 pm said:

good lord now even first party titles are being delayed……………color me disappointed. now i have to buy Lair and HS on the same day, or close to it? little upsetting.

+ GamerMan76 on August 1st, 2007 at 3:59 pm said:

@ Neil… the reviews have been because they don’t want to use sixaxis.. This to me was a good reason to show why to use sixaxis.. I don’t think they should even touch that.

+ Zaku on August 1st, 2007 at 4:01 pm said:

@ GamerMan76

Someone bought up a good point on the PlayStation.com boards about the reviews commenting about the SIXAXIS use in LAIR. They have no problem moving around such playing a Wii game but when it comes to the PS3 and SIXAXIS, they always have something to complain about and dock it for. Odd?

+ 40cal on August 1st, 2007 at 4:02 pm said:

Well I am all for a better product in the end. So take your time and get it right. Still a day one purchase for me.

Thanks for the update.

+ I_Love_New_York on August 1st, 2007 at 4:03 pm said:

Wow man this is so funny hearing all the rantings and negative comments. Don’t these people realize that the game is getting improved you should be happy that Sony and the developers of the game are taking their time to flesh out the game. Also I’m not sure but this gives the people at Sony to release the Lair demo before the game comes out. Great move Sony if this is what you intended to do with the demo causing buzz and more hype and releasing a demo for the game to get more people interested kudos to you guys.

+ Daver on August 1st, 2007 at 4:04 pm said:

Damnit!!! I’m usually patient but jeez another delay i’v been waiting to play a nice title on ps3 for a while, now its getting delayed again…… I hope you will give us some stuff on PSN to wait for this game

+ 40cal on August 1st, 2007 at 4:04 pm said:

@Zaku

I am also all for Sixaxis motion controlls. That is why I did not care about what EGM had to say.

+ Violater on August 1st, 2007 at 4:05 pm said:

Wait beyond,
well back to the forums.

+ A Dirty Bastard on August 1st, 2007 at 4:06 pm said:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
lair was gonna be my birthday gift the only thing i was looking forward this month i guess i go watch 300 on blue ray for the ninth time

+ ShinnokDrako on August 1st, 2007 at 4:07 pm said:

Delayed again? So… August will be an empty month? =((
Amd.. isn’t it a bad choice for september? In that month Heavenly Sword comes out, and ppl who can’t buy both will wait for HS and will say bye to Lair… i hope not… i want both of them tho.

+ Jigsaw on August 1st, 2007 at 4:09 pm said:

violater go get a life instead of waiting for a game. it’s only video games…

+ I_Love_New_York on August 1st, 2007 at 4:10 pm said:

To #35 August isn’t a lonely month the games I’m getting are Dynasty Warriors Gundam and Warhawk. This delay also allows me the money I saved up for the game to be able to buy an HDMI cables for my HDTV and a component cable.

+ MasterCharged on August 1st, 2007 at 4:10 pm said:

make the game AAA by then. im happy it got delayed. fix the framerate and color pallettes. thanks. and the targeting

+ xplosneer on August 1st, 2007 at 4:11 pm said:

Man, now I won’t get any games till after I go back to school on the 23rd. Just realized that.

+ Kenjisan on August 1st, 2007 at 4:11 pm said:

One more thing….. I really want to hope that Heavenly Sword won’t get delayed until the end of September…we have waited already too much for PS3 to deliver big games.

+ lakaihigh on August 1st, 2007 at 4:12 pm said:

@a dirty bastard

when you typed “nooooooo” on the main blog page under the recent posts it went off the page and off the site. I think even my computer realizes your dismay as I’m sure we all do. lol

+ I_Love_New_York on August 1st, 2007 at 4:13 pm said:

# 35 thats what I’m talking about fix the game clean it up so that it can be perfect. Also work on ads and commercials for the game.

+ Stoffinator on August 1st, 2007 at 4:13 pm said:

Could this be due to the bad reviews the game has been getting?

Seems kind of odd that you guys find a bug this late in the game after passing it and saying its on time.

But any who, if its true, least you guys are fixing it and not releasing something that stinks. But guys, these delays are getting really tiresome.

+ Joakim Hagdahl on August 1st, 2007 at 4:14 pm said:

Excuse me but if you’re intending to put in features and change the code after your GOLD announcement… well you haven’t really gone GOLD then.

Question: Is Warhawk really coming in August, seeing as they haven’t announced it as GOLD on here?

(Which would be cool if you did with all First Party titles)

+ justjohn on August 1st, 2007 at 4:15 pm said:

this really sucks okay. you better not delay heavenly sword as well

+ TheApprentice on August 1st, 2007 at 4:16 pm said:

arghhh crap :(
I won’t be able to buy LAIR again :(

Had someone in North America to pick it up for me on the 14-16th launch window…

*sigh*

I wanted LAIR So bad…

+ Nismobeach on August 1st, 2007 at 4:16 pm said:

PS3 needs new exclusive games to be released ASAP as these delays do nothing but undermine the viability of the system.

Please make the changes you need to do, but be quick about it. :)

+ person34 on August 1st, 2007 at 4:16 pm said:

I believe this is because they are trying to integrate everything into working seemlessly with Home, since I think I heard in an interview, that the Home production package thingamajig was just sent out yesterday.

I believe it was an interview with Phil Harrison, and by 1up, but Im not 100% on that.

If it makes things better in the long run, which seems to be Sony’s plan for the PS3, I dont see a problem with it.

I would much rather have a game that is just as good a year after I got it as it is the day I got it.

+ justjohn on August 1st, 2007 at 4:17 pm said:

cant you just do it as patch. enough is enough, stop testing our [DELETED] patience and stop being so incompentent

PAGE 1 2 3 10