PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Heavenly Sword Prequel

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Aug 09, 2007 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Heavenly Sword marketing guy here. Usually I just watch this blog from the sidelines and let our production teams talk (because lets face it, you guys don’t want to hear our marketing mumbo-jumbo) … but our blog team asked me to elaborate on the recent Heavenly Sword videos we just released, so here it is. Hopefully without all the marketing buzz words.

FLV PLAYER

This week’s release of the Heavenly Sword animation prequel and the “Making of” series marks the start of a five-week video campaign that leads into the game’s release. The plan was to provide an exclusive peek to our GAP members on Mondays, then release publicly on Thursdays via the PLAYSTATION Store and on HeavenlySword.com. But this thing called the “World-Wide-Web,” is an amazing animal that doesn’t do too well with keeping things um, secret. So as soon as it hit our “exclusive group,” it basically spread everywhere (not necessarily a bad thing). The good news is, despite the early release, the benefit of downloading the video on your PS3 is that you can watch it in full HD glory on your HD television screen [cue angelic chorus].

As for the videos – the animation prequel gives you a glimpse of the Heavenly Sword pre-history up until the start of the game. This “making of” series highlights the team’s efforts to bring you Heavenly Sword, focusing on different elements of production. I know many of you can’t wait to play the game (…something about the demo being too short…), but hopefully these will be enough to keep you waiting until September 12.

164 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4
Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on August 12th, 2007 at 4:49 pm said:

Hey guys – few more answers to wrap up the post.

GENERAL (DLC): I don’t think anyone will argue that DLC is a good thing, but the focus of Heavenly Sword is to deliver a solid single player action experience. Maybe down the line as the franchise picks up, the gameplay experience will evolve as well (like any game should…IMHO)

@KBG29 – Can’t wait till you see the TV / in-theater spot!

@mitran – it is region free

@deadxbabiesxing – yup those dates are good!

@swift – soon

@optimusprime76 – the camera’s solid, but if you need to the team has added a ‘tweak camera’ function in both L2 and R2 buttons

GENERAL (StuntF50’s posts): Persistence is a tricky thing to control. Too much of it, people become bored. Too little, nothing gets accomplished. Its obvious your passionate about this, so no worries, our people are watching the blog so I’m sure eye’s have seen your posts.

GENERAL (EOJ info): Another time, another place, but soon…

Thanks all for making this post interesting…til the next post…

V-dor

+ mitran on August 13th, 2007 at 6:19 am said:

Thanks Mark Valldore for the awnser .I might get Hevenlysword from USA/canada cos i will save a few buks ( even if i think its worth the mony ), games here in sweden cost about 80-90 US dollars. so ill save a 100-150 kr geteing a US game . But to be honest i do not think ill can wait for the post to deliver the game might just get the game if ts out the same date here. anways thanks.

+ cdalgard on August 13th, 2007 at 10:34 pm said:

I really enjoyed Part 2 of the animation, “Guardians of the Sword”. The transformation of the first mortal with the sword was haunting.

+ awheaten on August 14th, 2007 at 8:52 am said:

The video is good.

However, I’ve been hearing that Heavenly Sword still has performance issues. I hope these issues are rectified. Gamespot says that there are still frame rate issues. They have a month, but if I were them and I had to push the release date back, I would push it back. This game is too pivotal to have any issues like that.

+ Archonyto on August 14th, 2007 at 4:04 pm said:

I wouldn’t mind buying a Heavenly Sword prequel game. The third part of the animation showing the guy give up the sword to the bearded guy, that was pretty brutal.

+ HappySpaceInvdr on August 15th, 2007 at 12:24 pm said:

The demo didn’t really whet my appetite; it just seemed like a mindless button basher.

When it faded out, I was actually relieved as I couldn’t face yet another fight against a whole crowd of semi-naked men.

I guess this isn’t my kind of game.

+ joeymp on August 19th, 2007 at 6:18 pm said:

Sony, what the heck! Why won’t you release these demos! First Lair, now Ratchet! Why wait?! And what’s with not giving us 3rd party game demos, Xbox Live get’s them! I thought you were listening!!!!!!!

+ gamesplayer on August 31st, 2007 at 3:08 pm said:

Nice intro, but i was looking for Nariko FMV before i decide on preordering a ps3 bundle http://www.ecbiz.co.uk/ps3-packages.htm Good point joeymp i aint seen many demo games either on ps3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAGE 1 2 3 4