PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Ratchet & Clank Preview

Jennifer Clark's Avatar + Posted by Jennifer Clark on Aug 16, 2007 // Senior Director, Product Publicity

Last week at Insomniac Games we played host to 45 gaming journalists and gave them a chance to get their hands on Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and preview some new levels, weapons, enemies, and environments. We also demonstrated how the folks at Insomniac are really tapping into the PS3′s capabilities with this title. Check out the video below, it captures the various stages of animation that scenes pass through over a few weeks. Oddly enough, this progression is strangely reminiscent of the generational improvement of PS1 to 2 to 3!

The game is looking spectacular and we think you’ll enjoy the upcoming coverage and media that will appear on all the gaming sites on Friday. Let me tease you with this: imagine Ratchet disguised as a pirate!

139 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Kazzin on August 16th, 2007 at 4:37 pm said:

Looks good
cant wait

+ TheApprentice on August 16th, 2007 at 4:37 pm said:

I’m so excited for this game…

Never played a ratchet title..but after Resistance, Insomniac’s got me sold :P

+ 1stgoat on August 16th, 2007 at 4:40 pm said:

When do we get the demo?

+ seph1r0th00 on August 16th, 2007 at 4:41 pm said:

Definitely buying this game. Looks awesome! Can’t wait :)

+ joel on August 16th, 2007 at 4:47 pm said:

Why sint the us store not being updated yet? I hope ff vii comes out.

On topic: Nice vid.

+ Lithgow on August 16th, 2007 at 4:51 pm said:

Need Demo. Not complaining, though. I can wait for the many awesome games coming out soon and then hits our streak. There will be a game I want released just at the time I can afford another one. . Game looks awesome, but if I’m new to the Ratchet series.

+ Makasu on August 16th, 2007 at 4:51 pm said:

Haha amazing gestures! October 23rd! Absolute showpiece and loving the style.

+ skygod on August 16th, 2007 at 4:52 pm said:

One of the selling points that convinced my wife to let us get a PS3 was R&C coming out this year. I love R&C, but can you please push the release out a little? I’m living up on the other titles, and will lose use of my PS3 to my dear wife once this awesome title comes out! :-) Thanks for the update Sony!

+ Kratos_ate_Snake on August 16th, 2007 at 4:53 pm said:

Wouldn’t mind getting some hands on myself… :-(

Sony what is up with the US update?

+ Aselus on August 16th, 2007 at 4:53 pm said:

To be quite hones it didn’t really play the past ones, aside from the demos(i’m more into the ‘deeper’ games, meaning less cartoony).Yet the more footage i see of the games the more it’s growing on me, might be interesting to actually pick this one up and go all the way through it, kind’a like a ‘fun time’.

+ Reluctant Hero on August 16th, 2007 at 4:54 pm said:

October 23rd, I can’t wait.

+ reesimo on August 16th, 2007 at 4:54 pm said:

That was lovely, thank you. Demo please!

+ Kratos_ate_Snake on August 16th, 2007 at 4:55 pm said:

Wow dirt and ncaa demo…… updates don’t get better than that.

thanks.

+ Chad Fenwick on August 16th, 2007 at 4:58 pm said:

Woo… Thats awesome, can’t wait to play this game!

+ joel on August 16th, 2007 at 4:58 pm said:

@kratos

There havent been any updates yet..

+ Neil on August 16th, 2007 at 5:02 pm said:

Hahah that was rad. I like how the Playstation Blog has given us behind the scenes stuff like this.

+ sectionz on August 16th, 2007 at 5:02 pm said:

i have a 6 year old that is asking me about this game EVERY other day .. HURRY UP!

+ HK-48 on August 16th, 2007 at 5:16 pm said:

Awesome! Thanks for the demos and I will definitely pick this up on Day 1!

+ Wisdom Wanderer on August 16th, 2007 at 5:18 pm said:

Woah. I can’t wait for the R&C blowout tommorrow!

+ nmc75 on August 16th, 2007 at 5:19 pm said:

Great work, Insomniac!

+ Kratos_ate_Snake on August 16th, 2007 at 5:24 pm said:

@ joel

i know, but that is what is listed for today’s update.

update it already sony. seeing as it takes me 5 hours to download something from the psn, i’ll be playing this at 2am.

+ TheMrDude on August 16th, 2007 at 5:26 pm said:

i think the first one looked the best.

:P

+ andrewsqual on August 16th, 2007 at 5:29 pm said:

Thank you so much. I was just thinking we haven’t heard an update since E3. Definitly buying this game on Day1.

+ terminatorvsmtrx on August 16th, 2007 at 5:35 pm said:

wheres our update on the ps store???!!!!! GIVE US R&C F:TOD DEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Jeigh on August 16th, 2007 at 5:36 pm said:

“Can’t it be both?” :D

Hilarious.

Thanks for the update! I can’t wait for the Friday coverage you spoke of.

+ Joakim Hagdahl on August 16th, 2007 at 5:39 pm said:

Even though I’m working on games myself I still find it interesting to see the iteration process for everything that you do.

Nice one.

+ gardea on August 16th, 2007 at 5:42 pm said:

So that’s how video games are made.

+ terminatorvsmtrx on August 16th, 2007 at 5:42 pm said:

cant wait for r&c!!!! definitely gunna be purchase worthy

+ Stoffinator on August 16th, 2007 at 5:43 pm said:

I’ve never played a Ratchet game before, but this one is on my list for this year for sure.

+ Makasu on August 16th, 2007 at 5:45 pm said:

I’m a R&C-virgin too. But hey, this one is just too gorgeous to keep my hands away from .

+ blizzard182 on August 16th, 2007 at 5:45 pm said:

Cant wait for this game. Another buy for me this year. Awesome games coming along…

Thanks for the update

Nice day for the blog today

+ quilliry on August 16th, 2007 at 5:48 pm said:

i love you ps3

+ dewmandew7 on August 16th, 2007 at 5:54 pm said:

lol. Funny stuff. They brought info-bots back! They were pretty cool guys.
I can’t wait for Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.

+ A Dirty Bastard on August 16th, 2007 at 5:58 pm said:

looks great i cant wait for this game + great US PSN update no complaints from me but i feel bad for my PS cousins in Europe they got shafted this week keep ya head up Europe good tings soon come.

+ CrashSharc on August 16th, 2007 at 5:59 pm said:

LOL, the Animations crack me up! This’ll be my First R&C game and I Can’t Wait!!!

+ wizardpsp on August 16th, 2007 at 6:07 pm said:

looks nice! more give us more

+ PUSHA-T on August 16th, 2007 at 6:08 pm said:

Congrats to Insomniac cause Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction is coming along great and I can’t wait for the demo. And SCEA delivered on the PSN content update today. I was very suprised and very happy.

+ aaquib on August 16th, 2007 at 6:12 pm said:

Aw man, you guys at Sony are going into MAXIMUM MEGATON OVERDRIVE.

Today you delivered a fantastic store update with pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. Tomorrow, the embargo is going to lift on some interesting PS3 news(including Ratchet and Clank), and then the “fireworks” next week at Lepizig. After the announcements, we’re rushed by AAA titles like Warhawk, Lair, HS, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Folklore, UT3, HAZE, Socom and all the other AAA titles releasing this year. I’d sincerely like to thank Sony for their efforts on their Blog, PSN, and most importantly their games!

+ shaunLEGEND on August 16th, 2007 at 6:13 pm said:

Thanks for the cool vid/behind the scenes look! These type of things are nice surprises that are always pleasant.

also hey Sony, how about adding rss support so I can download Insomniac’s Full Moon Show to my ps3 as well?

+ GamerMan76 on August 16th, 2007 at 6:14 pm said:

Haven’t played a R&C game in awhile… I will most likely be picking this one up myself.. can’t wait to see what the big news is tomorrow.

+ lonewulf_19301 on August 16th, 2007 at 6:16 pm said:

Looks great guys, i have all the other R and C titles and am eagerly awaiting this new one!

+ joel on August 16th, 2007 at 6:22 pm said:

The update has happened, but again demo’s are good, but ps1 classics are better. What happened to all those games go sports ski! and others, please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please!!!!!! Brin Final fantasy 7 to the ps store in the next update!! Please!!!

Sorry I know its off topic but everybody wants that game more than any demo. PLease brinf FF VII in the next update!! Also thanks for the store update.

+ chase on August 16th, 2007 at 7:09 pm said:

i paid for this already

+ Floyd Bishop on August 16th, 2007 at 7:10 pm said:

I’m anxious to play this game. You guys have some of the best animation in video games , and your attention to detail keeps fans coming back to the series for each installment. I got to play the demo at this year’s Comic Con (after waiting in line for a half an hour) and I’m really looking forward to the final release.

+ LiquidMetal14 on August 16th, 2007 at 7:21 pm said:

LOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS!

+ MatthewG on August 16th, 2007 at 7:27 pm said:

@ Jennifer Clark

Will there be a beta/demo for R&C?

+ RatchetFanatic on August 16th, 2007 at 8:31 pm said:

awesome. i’ve played every single R&C game (including the PSP version and the cell phone version), and yet the series continue to impress me.

+ thefoxtrot on August 16th, 2007 at 8:38 pm said:

Ha your icon is brad burns…

+ Zaku on August 16th, 2007 at 8:39 pm said:

Thanks for the video :) Really looking forward to the game.

+ gamerholic on August 16th, 2007 at 8:41 pm said:

I’ve never played R&C, but OMG I’m excited, i love the humor the game incorporates…CAN’T WAIT!! Demo? please?

PAGE 1 2 3