PS4 - Destiny

Ratchet & Clank Preview

Jennifer Clark's Avatar + Posted by Jennifer Clark on Aug 16, 2007 // Senior Director, Product Publicity

Last week at Insomniac Games we played host to 45 gaming journalists and gave them a chance to get their hands on Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and preview some new levels, weapons, enemies, and environments. We also demonstrated how the folks at Insomniac are really tapping into the PS3′s capabilities with this title. Check out the video below, it captures the various stages of animation that scenes pass through over a few weeks. Oddly enough, this progression is strangely reminiscent of the generational improvement of PS1 to 2 to 3!

The game is looking spectacular and we think you’ll enjoy the upcoming coverage and media that will appear on all the gaming sites on Friday. Let me tease you with this: imagine Ratchet disguised as a pirate!

139 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ prometheus on August 17th, 2007 at 4:34 pm said:

as a european gamer, i’m not that disepointed anymore that the launche was delaid.
i’ve never had so many top games being released in the first year of console

+ Rux on August 17th, 2007 at 4:55 pm said:

Three words:

A MAZ ING

+ Chef Skillz on August 17th, 2007 at 5:16 pm said:

Yet another great game made by Insomniac Games. I’m not even going to bother with reviews and whatnot for their games anymore. I’m just going to buy whatever they come up with because everything they produce is great.

+ KBG29 on August 18th, 2007 at 2:36 am said:

Awsome stuff guys. I was never that into R & C on PS2 , I got them all a month ago and have not been able to get into them as much as Jak, but I will stil get this game day one. It could be what I need to really get into the universe, and if that happens I have three other titles in the background just waiting to fill my new thurst. Keep up the good work Ted, and everyone else at Insomiac.

+ Cesar on August 18th, 2007 at 6:18 pm said:

Rachet and Clank is fun. but i would like to see a little more Change like the jak and daxter games did. Dont take me wrong i like this games i have all of them but i’m getting older “26″ and i would love to see a little more, Mature game them a E for everyone but still i love Resistance and i would love to see a Mature Rachet and clank.

+ biohazardfrogy on August 18th, 2007 at 8:15 pm said:

wow looks awesome i cant wait till it comes out cuz im a big Ratchet & clank fan so keep up the great work

+ wh0am1 on August 18th, 2007 at 8:21 pm said:

GIVE US THE DEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ AssassinXIII on August 18th, 2007 at 11:05 pm said:

where is the demo ?

+ mitran on August 19th, 2007 at 1:28 am said:

as i did say befor cant wait till i have thies game in October. ( and of topic ) the ps3 webbrowser cant play the files on the blog , ( trye to use files that the ps3 browser can play ) or better yet update the flash player in the ps3 . thanks

+ Dew87 on August 19th, 2007 at 9:26 am said:

I’m really stoked about ToD. I’m a big fan of the R&C series for its fun gameplay, great animation, humour and awesome weapons. Looks like the good folks at Insomniac are set to deliver on all fronts once more. Can’t wait to play the game. Oh and please give us a demo soon!

+ Fantatier on August 19th, 2007 at 1:01 pm said:

looks fun :)

+ joeymp on August 19th, 2007 at 6:11 pm said:

Sony, what the heck! Why won’t you release these demos! First Lair, now Ratchet! Why wait?! And what’s with not giving us 3rd party game demos, Xbox Live get’s them! I thought you were listening!

+ Goodfella2487 on August 19th, 2007 at 9:19 pm said:

Want some whine with your cheese? Jesus, go outside.

+ bmfgeorgin2 on August 20th, 2007 at 7:06 am said:

I have a concern for home…

My concern is that Home could grow boring and kind of obsolete very soon unless Sony but major new features in to Home. I know Sony have already said that the Home released this October won’t nearly be the finished version but i can’t imagine any other features that could be added without drastically changing the whole Home idea.

We know that Sony have said they will be changing the PS Store design and the mock up that was created of an xmb store was brilliant. But maybe Sony aren’t thinking XMB, maybe Home. It would be really cool if you could actually go into the Store, have a look at some posters to see what is new. There can be an aisle for games, demos, videos, PS1 games, Home Content etc. I guess it wouldn’t be the fastest way or anything but it would be fairly different.

Original Thread (With more Ideas):http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=92866

+ Ultimate on August 20th, 2007 at 7:45 am said:

DO ANOTHER POST!

+ PS3_123106 on August 20th, 2007 at 9:01 am said:

This game is definitely going to turn some heads.
Funny, the 3-D blocking video looks like a typical game on the Wii

+ Kratos_ate_Snake on August 20th, 2007 at 11:43 am said:

@ 120

my thoughts exactly, why not do the “media blow-out” here?

+ Nootje on August 20th, 2007 at 12:24 pm said:

Awesome vid …. funny stuff! XD

23rd of october cant come soon enough!

+ thechosenfew88 on August 20th, 2007 at 12:47 pm said:

What the heck! Paramount drops blu-ray support. Worst news I could ever receive seeing that I was going to buying a lot of their movies for blu-ray. Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ blizzard182 on August 20th, 2007 at 1:46 pm said:

@thechosenfew88

I just read that. It is kind of a desperate act to make this war a little longer but I don’t think it is going to be much of a difference.

You will see Paramount coming back to BD as soon as they lose those 150 mill

Guys, a new post would be nice…

+ RobinNL on August 20th, 2007 at 2:17 pm said:

And this deal doesn’t count with Steven Spielberg movies which are the only interesting ones anyway.

You can buy Shrek on DVD

+ kjeldsen on August 20th, 2007 at 2:48 pm said:

Please remove all Paramount and Dreamworks trailers from PSN

I don´t want to see those Microsoft lapdogs on my PS3 ever again.

thanks.

+ 40cal on August 20th, 2007 at 2:49 pm said:

It’s official: Fox is back. Fox Home Entertainment and MGM Home Entertainment have issued a joint press release unveiling a long list of Blu-ray exclusive releases for 2007

So Fox and MGM pick a side (Blu-ray) today and Paramount goes the other way. ??? This is odd. Well I guess that World Trade Center and MI:III are going to be the only two Paramount Pictures hi-def movies that I will ever own unless they change sides again. Paramont started out as a HD-DVD supporter anyways, then decited to go Blu-Ray/HD-DVD than back to HD-DVD so its not like we lost them we just couldent keep them.

+ 40cal on August 20th, 2007 at 2:51 pm said:

@kjeldsen

Yep, I just deleted the Shrek the Third trailer off of my HDD.

+ 40cal on August 20th, 2007 at 3:00 pm said:

Hey, read this. Blu-Ray anounces the fetures are coming today as Paramount anounces that they are going with HD-DVD bacause of the lack of these same fetures.

LOL, I think that Paramount just F’ed up big. They will be back.

+ RobinNL on August 20th, 2007 at 3:08 pm said:

I agree with kjeldsen.

Can someone post a list of available Paramount & dreamworks trailers so I can remove them without looking at them.

Thanks in advance.

——————————————————————–

off topic:

In a Gamespot podcast a guy said that Sony isn’t producing any F1 games anymore.
Is this true??

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/features/ukpodcast/index.php

This is said during the *listeners ask your question* part

+ 40cal on August 21st, 2007 at 12:10 pm said:

Bay to Paramount: “No Blu-ray, No Transformers 2!”

Michael Bay and Spielberg are both pissed at Paramount. LOL

+ Ultimate on August 21st, 2007 at 5:49 pm said:

i cant wait for the new update coming soon probably in a few days

+ Ultimate on August 21st, 2007 at 5:52 pm said:

YES!! if more people reject Paramount then paramount might go back to blu-ray!!!!!

+ maluraq on August 22nd, 2007 at 7:56 am said:

If you want a basic gameplay concept and you’ve never played a R&C before, do yourself a favour and grab a used copy of R&C: Up Your Arsenal (PS2) and give it a whirl. It should only cost you $5 or $10 if you look around and its so worth it.

After you tear yourself away from playing the game the second or third time through, imagine it all in HD and looking as incredible as the videos and screenshots that have been posted and buy the PS3 game :-)

+ Ultimate on August 22nd, 2007 at 2:49 pm said:

yYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

+ JoeLlfc5 on August 22nd, 2007 at 4:19 pm said:

When does Ratchet come out in the UK on ps3. I am a huge fan of Ratchet games. I have all apart from gladiator which I have ordered over a konth ago on HMV but it still hasn’t come. Anyway if somebody can please inform me when it is out in the UK e-mail me at leo-10-06@hotmail.co.uk

+ JoeLlfc5 on August 22nd, 2007 at 4:20 pm said:

i meant month

+ H8ter on August 27th, 2007 at 8:16 am said:

If you’re new to the R&C franchise do yourself a favor and pick up the previous games. I rented the first 1 and had to pay major late fees then I went out and bought it, lost it, then bought it again. I’m currently playing from the beginning till this is released. ( even DL)

PAGE 1 2 3