PS4-Infamous

Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Aug 20, 2007 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta

Hey, all. I wanted to extend KUDOS and our thanks to all the Warhawk Public Beta testers out there who contributed to tweaking and balancing the game so it truly becomes a game for the gamers – which is what Incognito’s goal was all along, right Dylan?

With that said, as a nod to the top Public Beta testers and top Public Beta forum posters – take a close look at several of the Warhawks and Nemesis aircraft flying about, you’ll find your names painted on the ships. Congrats. Regrettably we couldn’t put all of your names down, but know that this was meant for all of you.

FYI…

Top 5 testers (based on Team Points)

1. Click
2. Enebreated
3. Merovee
4. IComeInPeace
5. ArtemisBane

Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta
Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta
Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta
Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta
Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta

Top 5 forum posters (based on posts)

1. dk3dknight (sorry you got cut off bro)
2. unusualbob
3. O-R-I-O-N
4. ucigasu
5. LordYod

dk3dknight copy
unusualbob and LordYod copy
O-R-I-O-N copy

203 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Dubbedinenglish on August 20th, 2007 at 4:26 pm said:

How awesomly cool is that. I’m really impressed.

BTW I’d like to thank the Warhawk team and SCEA for the pin and signed box art I received today. See you all in the skies next week!

+ meteorgun7 on August 20th, 2007 at 4:30 pm said:

That looks really awesome!!! I wish I was a Beta Tester…my name might have been there. Oh well, congratulations to the people on with their names there!

+ coolguy2000 on August 20th, 2007 at 4:35 pm said:

Props to Sony, that is pretty cool.

+ P_tear_griffin on August 20th, 2007 at 4:38 pm said:

Even though I didn’t get to be a Beta tester I have been sold on this game and I’ve pre-ordered it off of EBgames. CAN’T WAIT!

PS: I really wish bots had been included in this game. Not for regular gameplay but for training. Basically, I wish there was a training mode included were you could just practice shooting, flying, etc before getting your butt handed to you by people that either have been in the Beta or pick up the game rather quickly.

Oh, Sony! I’m using the PS3′s browser to view this blog and gotta say it doesn’t work as good as I thought. Can’t believe I have trouble watching your videos on your own system’s browser.

+ Novaoblivion on August 20th, 2007 at 4:43 pm said:

Thank you guys for the invite! It was loads of fun! :)

+ Loucifer on August 20th, 2007 at 4:45 pm said:

Thats sum good s**t right there

+ Keysersoze10033 on August 20th, 2007 at 4:48 pm said:

Nice, I’m sure those guys are going to love it. I can’t wait for next week.

+ ogshady on August 20th, 2007 at 4:48 pm said:

8th w00t

+ Loucifer on August 20th, 2007 at 4:49 pm said:

@Mark Valledor

I think i should have my name on one just for being the #1 pain in the ass!!! :)

+ reson8er on August 20th, 2007 at 4:52 pm said:

@Loucifer
“I think i should have my name on one just for being the #1 pain in the ass!!! ”

I second that! :D j/k j/k

+ TheDevilsJoker on August 20th, 2007 at 4:55 pm said:

Haha, amazing stuff. People who do stuff like that rock. I was big in the Resistance Forums, and there was a poster that had my (unusual) name on it, but i think that was coincidence. I can pretend.

+ chase on August 20th, 2007 at 5:05 pm said:

i cant wait

+ willy684 on August 20th, 2007 at 5:12 pm said:

Any idea when warhawk will be released on the PSN in australia?

+ Nightz on August 20th, 2007 at 5:13 pm said:

That’s awesome.

+ 40cal on August 20th, 2007 at 5:14 pm said:

9 more days, this game is going to be great.

+ seph1r0th00 on August 20th, 2007 at 5:17 pm said:

Sucks that I wasn’t invited to the Beta :( But it’s awesome that you guys do this kind of thing for your top Testers/Forum posters. :)

+ aaquib on August 20th, 2007 at 5:19 pm said:

Awesome. Any idea on what the PSN version of this game will cost in Canada? And is there a time on Tuesday it’ll be released on PSN?

+ LOCO209 on August 20th, 2007 at 5:20 pm said:

THIS GAME IS GREAT! MUST BUY IF YOU LIKE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER. SEE YOU GUYS THERE !

+ wizardpsp on August 20th, 2007 at 5:21 pm said:

Nice thats good, a nice way to motivate the gamers!1 keep it going!!

+ lostboy85 on August 20th, 2007 at 5:23 pm said:

Very Cool. If only i had posted every 5 minutes like everybody else. congrats to those who got on the warhawks.
see you all in the skies next week!

+ blizzard182 on August 20th, 2007 at 5:24 pm said:

Really nice thing to do for the fans.

This game is BIG already

+ xplosneer on August 20th, 2007 at 5:26 pm said:

ONE MORE DAY(scratch that…NIGHT) FOR GRAW2 which will hold me over for this SWEET!!

+ BulletToothTony on August 20th, 2007 at 5:33 pm said:

bullettooth228 should’ve been there, after all, i did contribute with the idea of making the warhawks hover.. and the idea of landmines… i dunno.. i think i should receive my own warhawk medal or something.. i could sue, but i’ll settle for a free game download!! take it or leave it dylan!! ;0p

+ joshlovesps3 on August 20th, 2007 at 5:40 pm said:

i cant wait to play warhawk!!! i just joined a clan and warhawk is going to own!!! enjoy my $60 my friends!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Dylan Jobe on August 20th, 2007 at 5:58 pm said:

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to jump in and echo Mark’s comments — we all, *really* appreciated everyone’s efforts during the BETA and wanted to give back to our community.

And it was awesome to see that SONY agreed to integrate you all with our ad campaign!

Again…a good sign IMO of the kind of support that we’re going to get for our Warhawk online community.

BTW: Swing by our dev-blog on IGN. We’ve posted some cool behind the scenes stuff there and will continue to do so to help show how the game was made.

+ Kratos_ate_Snake on August 20th, 2007 at 6:03 pm said:

Man I am going crazy… I can’t wait for this game. It is so close but the days go by so slow….. The only thing that keep me from going insane are the videos and all of the news.ARRRRRGGGGGG!!

just playing, I am perfectly fine, but really though I can’t wait… :-)

+ wh0am1 on August 20th, 2007 at 6:04 pm said:

That picture would make an AWESOME wallpaper!!!!

+ Rux on August 20th, 2007 at 6:10 pm said:

Congratulations to the top Warhawk Open Beta testers! That’s a great reward, huh?

I really wish that I was accepted to the beta, but hell, the game is the game.

+ artofwar420 on August 20th, 2007 at 6:11 pm said:

This is totally awesome of you guys. I really love how this game is shaping up.

+ jmz13 on August 20th, 2007 at 6:14 pm said:

I am really looking forward to this game. I was dissapointed I did not make it into the beta, but hopefully it will be as good as its hype.

+ Click on August 20th, 2007 at 6:19 pm said:

LOL! THANK YOU VERY MUCH Dylan, Mark, and the rest of Incognito for this fine gesture. And thanks to Insomniac’s James Stevenson for allowing me and myresistance.net’s “Infected” a straight pass into Warhawk BETA.

It was a pleasure BETA testing your amazing game and an honor for me to be represented in such a manner. I made new friends (and enemies) while playing Warhawk and posting on the forums for the near 2 months it was available to us.

Funny thing is, O-R-I-O-N is actually the account my “Click12″ PSU forum name was registered under. So I actually appear on 2 Warhawk planes in that ad, lol…

+ ferniefern on August 20th, 2007 at 6:23 pm said:

Hey you know what would be really cool….if in the actual game your psn id was stamped on your warhawk just like it is in that picture

+ Stoffinator on August 20th, 2007 at 6:32 pm said:

Would of been nice to include everyone ;-)

+ jerrt on August 20th, 2007 at 6:32 pm said:

for the week i got to play it, i thank you. it really helped me to understand what the game was all about.

+ Click on August 20th, 2007 at 6:33 pm said:

Oops… I forgot to thank Sony and SCEA because they’re the ones who made/printed this ad as well as financing this game. =)

+ TyranX on August 20th, 2007 at 6:39 pm said:

Aww I’m not there :(
Can the other Beta Testers that weren’t awesomely good get like a wallpaper with the Tags engraved on a Warhawk? Please! I would very much appreciate that, but then again 2000+ wallpapers (>o_0)> that’s a lot. Well can I have one anyways? I was a Beta Tester too, I reported a bug or two!

Wow I’m asking for too much ha ha, but can you though? A wallpaper with TyranX on a Warhawk would rock and send it to my e-mail! ha ha

Good Job Dylan and the Incog team, you guys ROCk!
\m/ _ (-o-) _ \m/

+ ps3mods.blogspot.com on August 20th, 2007 at 6:39 pm said:

I can’t wait for the full game!

+ Draicus on August 20th, 2007 at 6:44 pm said:

That’s really great. I’m going to get to see two people that I know on the wings of a Warhawk! Just awesome.

+ KRIEG1986 on August 20th, 2007 at 6:48 pm said:

That is truly awesome of you guys at Incognito. I cannot wait for the release of this game! Keep it up!

+ TheMrDude on August 20th, 2007 at 7:05 pm said:

of all the betas i’ve been in, the warhawk beta was the best just because Mr. Jobe here was always communicating with us. awesome! we need a dev in the home beta…

+ I_Love_New_York on August 20th, 2007 at 7:09 pm said:

That was really noble of you guys to recommend and for Sony to give the yes to. That was very selfless act and you guys could not have done that but shows that you are true to your community and fans and enjoy giving back. Thats great. Too bad not everyone could have their names but at least you acknowledged them.
Kudos to Incognito and everyone from Sony who helped or contributed on that game.

+ UCIGASU on August 20th, 2007 at 7:11 pm said:

Wheres ma plane?

+ Strboymo on August 20th, 2007 at 7:22 pm said:

that is the sweetest…..I wonder if they will add in more features like this later..like if i have the most kills at one point will i get my moniker on a ship..would be incredible incentive

+ Clover09 on August 20th, 2007 at 7:29 pm said:

Thats awsome, I wish I could of been on the top but I usually played unranked, but congrats to the people who got the customization Ill make sure Ill blow up your planes in the sky if I see them since now you’ll be an easy target. Muhahahaha!

+ rogue_zero_one on August 20th, 2007 at 7:39 pm said:

that’s uber cool of sony and incognito.. right on guys!

+ joeymp on August 20th, 2007 at 7:46 pm said:

So there just pictures? Their names are not going to be in the gameon their warhawk?

+ Draicus on August 20th, 2007 at 7:49 pm said:

Hate to comment again, but I forgot to mention something in my other post.

Dylan, or someone related to Incognito, could you please provide us with some form of e-mail address which we could use to contact you about matters possibly unsuitable for a public blog? In particular, I’ve been attempting to contact Incognito about something relating to Warhawk, but I didn’t want to do it here publicly because that would be in poor taste (advertising).

The e-mail on Incognito’s main site is busted and returns all mail immediately, so it would be great to have a working address.

Thanks!

+ dbarrade on August 20th, 2007 at 8:00 pm said:

Just some feedback about the Jabra Headset, a friend has a model above that to be shipped with Warhawk, the Jabra BT-135, and we have had a lot of trouble with him dropping out and the headset disconnecting. We were mainly playing Resistance and I was using the EyeToy’s mic, we have also verified this with another PS3 user, and it drops out wether using XMB Chat, Calling All Cars or Resistance.

+ I_Love_New_York on August 20th, 2007 at 8:06 pm said:

Yes same happens fo me too. Has it happened to you ever since the 1.90 update because its happened to me and a couple people ever since the 1.90 update but I have a Logitech usb communicator headset.

PAGE 1 2 3 4