PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Aug 20, 2007 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta

Hey, all. I wanted to extend KUDOS and our thanks to all the Warhawk Public Beta testers out there who contributed to tweaking and balancing the game so it truly becomes a game for the gamers – which is what Incognito’s goal was all along, right Dylan?

With that said, as a nod to the top Public Beta testers and top Public Beta forum posters – take a close look at several of the Warhawks and Nemesis aircraft flying about, you’ll find your names painted on the ships. Congrats. Regrettably we couldn’t put all of your names down, but know that this was meant for all of you.

FYI…

Top 5 testers (based on Team Points)

1. Click
2. Enebreated
3. Merovee
4. IComeInPeace
5. ArtemisBane

Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta
Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta
Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta
Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta
Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta

Top 5 forum posters (based on posts)

1. dk3dknight (sorry you got cut off bro)
2. unusualbob
3. O-R-I-O-N
4. ucigasu
5. LordYod

dk3dknight copy
unusualbob and LordYod copy
O-R-I-O-N copy

203 Comments

+ UCIGASU on August 22nd, 2007 at 4:20 pm said:

“patrickp3 | August 22nd, 2007 at 10:06 am

I would have thought the idea behind having gamers participate in a BETA-stage was to find bugs and generally tweak the game to a better state.”
—————————————————————
Im sure lots of beta-testers did that , dont worry about that , i myself a reported like 4 or 5 bugs that i was able to find or the bugs found me.
For example i was about to jump off a wall down because i saw an enemy , instead i went trough the surface and died.

You should be gratefull that there was a beta.

+ coolasj19 on August 22nd, 2007 at 6:12 pm said:

dont be jealous patrick you couldve gotten a friend to share the bet with you.

+ patrickp3 on August 22nd, 2007 at 7:07 pm said:

Perhaps, UCIGASU, you don’t know what a Beta is for. There is always a Beta period for a program, whether you write it yourself or it’s by teams of people at some mega-corporation. The difference here was that it was released to a select few of the unwashed. I didn’t participate in it, nor did I even know about it until after it was done, so I have nothing to be grateful for.
Nor, coolasj19, am I jealous. I have no use for a pin, and while the boxart is certainly nice, I have enough stuff on my walls as it is, thanks.
The point is that a Beta isn’t about getting a high score, or it shouldn’t be. And especially when it has been admitted that many of the testers ‘cheated’ by using some now-withdrawn features to get a higher score, solely rewarding high scorers makes me wonder about the real purpose behind this ‘Public Beta Testing’. Why not reward those who actually tried to improve the game, not shoot down the most planes?

+ UCIGASU on August 22nd, 2007 at 7:31 pm said:

“patrickp3″ you dont know what you talking about |

+ Lp47 on August 23rd, 2007 at 10:29 am said:

Sweet. I really wished i would have gotten a chance to play the beta. O well, ill be able to play the game next week.

——————————————————————-Someone from Sony please read this.

Heavenly Sword is suppose to be a huge title for PS3 that will try sell systems and take away sales from Halo 3.

With that said. I just read the UK IGN rating for Heavenly Sword, and the guy gave it a 7.0. Come on whats going on here. He said the graphics are sweet, the animation and sound is good, but the game gets repetitve and theirs some problems with the combat.

I really hope the US version of Heavenly Sword isnt this bad. I was hoping Heavnely Sword would get a middle to high 9, because if it doesnt, why even hype the game and release it.

This game was suppose to be a game us fans can drop back on to help sales of the PS3, and reasure people the PS3 is better than 360.
——————————————————-

+ UCIGASU on August 23rd, 2007 at 10:52 am said:

omg its a 7 now im not buying it because of that

not really

+ ryuk on August 23rd, 2007 at 4:57 pm said:

I GOT THE GAME EARLY (TODAY) BECAUSE IM IN THAT WARHAWK TOURNY I GOT THE GAME FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!

+ Obakasan on August 24th, 2007 at 5:56 pm said:

@Dylan
any update on if Warhawk will come with the headset here in Japan?

+ derrickgott007 on August 24th, 2007 at 6:06 pm said:

Dylan, what is your responce to the lame review by PSM?? I for one was in the BETA, and I loved it…easily a 10 out of 10 in my book! I am picky when it comes to games, and I have beta tested a lot of games, and this by far is one hell of a game.

+ Loucifer on August 24th, 2007 at 9:14 pm said:

Warhawk launched moved to Aug 30th???

WTF!?!?!

I guess when i was told specifically that there “will be no delays and Warhawk will be ready for its Aug 28th launch” was a crock of s**t then???

Now on sheer spite you can keep the damn game….im done with the lies!!

+ Loucifer on August 24th, 2007 at 9:16 pm said:

you mean to tell me that Sony is that g*d damn lazy then cant even update the g*d damn store on a ****ing tuesday

what a g*d damn joke

+ JDplasma11 on August 24th, 2007 at 9:20 pm said:

It got delayed for Europe. Everyone needs to chill. ThreeSpeech is the UK blog

+ Loucifer on August 24th, 2007 at 9:23 pm said:

In case you forgot what was said!!!!!!!!

Warhawk Goes Gold comment #18

Ron Eagle | August 3rd, 2007 at 5:58 pm

Loucifer – not happening here. Warhawk will be ready to go on August 28th.

I’ll be waiting for you all – red baron style – time to get those kill numbers up! (Hattrick ID)

+ JDplasma11 on August 24th, 2007 at 9:25 pm said:

How does that mean that it’s being delayed?

+ UCIGASU on August 25th, 2007 at 12:38 pm said:

hey loucifer get a grip kid

+ UCIGASU on August 25th, 2007 at 12:40 pm said:

i dont like the 360 or the wii but im not going on their official forums to talk [DELETED] about them

some of you ppl are really sad

+ UCIGASU on August 25th, 2007 at 2:11 pm said:

i dont like the 360 or the wll or their game but i dont go on their official forums to talk **** about them

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on August 26th, 2007 at 2:38 pm said:

Hey guys.

About that 30th release date,…that’s just for Europe. US release is still the 28th.

(That story was from a UK website…to bad their editorial wasn’t specific on territory)

Watch your back on Tuesday.

+ patrickp3 on August 27th, 2007 at 8:22 am said:

Thanks Mark for the confirmation of my observations. I’m not trying to bash Warhawk, I’ve pre-ordered my copy from Bast Buy (Blu-ray version on sale here in Canada for $40!), but merely pointing out an apparent fact. Your lack of protest speaks volumes.
As for that UC-something guy, valid criticism is just that: valid. If I owned stock in Sony or any other company, I wouldn’t want people to keep their mouths shut and just hope for something better. Think about it.
And that’s a pretty poor excuse for delaying the European release date: updating the PS Store somehow cannot be done out of schedule! Please, spare me. MS and Nintendo are having a good laugh at that one, guaranteed.

+ scar1983 on August 27th, 2007 at 12:40 pm said:

@ Mark valledor

So why do we have to wait in the UK? Because i aint buying that “the store gets updated on Thursday not tuesday” BS

Since when was the US store updated on a Tuesday? Hmmm looks like SONY is talking BS again and contradicting there own statement.

+ scar1983 on August 27th, 2007 at 12:43 pm said:

I think the real reaon is that you Americans are crap on every game so need the headstart.

+ donnieburke on August 27th, 2007 at 3:42 pm said:

i have a question for SONY or any one who may know..

can i download WARHAWK on Aug. 28th @ 12:01 am

cant wait to play i’m counting down the hours

+ donnieburke on August 27th, 2007 at 3:49 pm said:

sorry i didn”t say this before but i’m in the good old U.S. of A. Baton rouge La

+ Loucifer on August 27th, 2007 at 4:12 pm said:

@scar1983

you guyz have to wait so people in the US dont go to get it in the UK store since you guyz update before we do…i guess the US store is lacking on downloads and relaize we go to the other stores to get s**t…LOL…could they be catching on??

+ Destroyer41139 on August 27th, 2007 at 5:28 pm said:

Just purchased this game should get it Friday can’t wait to shoot down some warhawks and kill some enemies!!!

+ Clover09 on August 27th, 2007 at 7:00 pm said:

Congrats Incognito for making a great game and hope the release goes well and I also hope to see some of you people on Warhawk tomarrow.

+ 40cal on August 27th, 2007 at 8:43 pm said:

@donnieburke

The Playstation underground email I got from Sony said that you can. I have to wait till WED to get my Blu-Ray copy. I wanted another headset.

+ donnieburke on August 27th, 2007 at 9:44 pm said:

@ 40cal

Sweeeeeeeeeeet

got about 15 min Thanks

+ donnieburke on August 27th, 2007 at 9:56 pm said:

iam Now downloading WARHAWK for those who have to wait i’l let you know how it is

if any one cares to find me my PSN name is :donnieburke

+ jacsro on August 27th, 2007 at 10:06 pm said:

im downloading too…
25%…
PSN: joseperu

+ 40cal on August 27th, 2007 at 10:18 pm said:

Damn it. I hope I can pick up the Blu-ray copy in the morning then. PSN ID: jimmy903. I am going to be pissed if I have to wait untill Wed. GameStop better same day this shipment.

+ donnieburke on August 27th, 2007 at 11:53 pm said:

i take back the last post i’ve tried 3 credit cards so far and it wont let me add funds to my account anyone know whats up with this?

+ southwoodS on August 28th, 2007 at 1:42 am said:

I played this game tonight. 4:30 am EST. and this game rocks. 10/10 for me. They were not kidding when they said non stop fighting. OMG. I hope they have a blog post tomorrow about the success of the game or something.

+ Jedah on August 28th, 2007 at 3:24 am said:

@ 184… I always had this same problem as well ever since I bought the PS3 a couple of months back.

I have two credits, yet I am unable to add funds to my wallet for PSN store. I keep getting a “credit card information is not valid” message…

Oh well guess I’ll never D/L anything from PSN then…

Sony’s lose, not mines.

+ UCIGASU on August 28th, 2007 at 4:32 am said:

When can i get Blu-ray version in Europe?
im so mad knowing that right now ppl are playing warhawk and i dont
:mad:

+ 40cal on August 28th, 2007 at 5:27 am said:

@UCIGASU

Hey bro. You should call 1-800-345-SONY they will help.

+ juanleche on August 28th, 2007 at 7:36 am said:

its out and its great thanks guys!!!

+ scar1983 on August 28th, 2007 at 9:19 am said:

So i hear the game stinks?

+ scorpio on August 28th, 2007 at 10:09 am said:

Read the complete posts and other users. That guy is on his own, usesless link.

+ UCIGASU on August 28th, 2007 at 12:29 pm said:

im a socom vet. and i love warhawk

its not as tactic as socom but i like its style

too bad my CC says its “invalid” but its not, otherwise i wouldnt post here now

+ pavlovic on August 28th, 2007 at 1:10 pm said:

Great game, just played about 15 mins befor went to work, tonight is going to be a long nite

+ Loucifer on August 28th, 2007 at 3:24 pm said:

PSN says this game supports displays ranging from standard definition to 1080p…so why is the game only in 720p???

+ Darth Jas on August 28th, 2007 at 3:32 pm said:

dude what the heck!!! i go into the store, ask for warhawk and they say that it is not in today i will be in tomarrow. WHAT!!!!!!! i was looking forward to playing it today

+ Jedah on August 28th, 2007 at 3:55 pm said:

@ 196… I’m from Puerto Rico, and this game didn’t arrived today either.

It’s suppose to arrive tomorrow though… We’ll see.

+ UCIGASU on August 30th, 2007 at 5:35 am said:

someone please fix that “CC is not valid” error when i try to add funds to the wallet

:mad:

+ UCIGASU on August 30th, 2007 at 7:52 am said:

so i got it from my euro account and i cant acces it with my US account that is UCIGASU

hope this can be fixed with a patch or something

+ patrickp3 on August 31st, 2007 at 8:07 am said:

Yeah, ‘Ode to the Public Beta’. Yeah, the game’s workin real well right now, ain’t it? It’s been out for what, 3 days now, and been offline for, what, about 1/4 of the time? Shoulda not worried about hypin the game so much, worried more about fixin the online part of an online only game. Jeez.

+ MID_EAST_GAMER on September 17th, 2007 at 4:10 pm said:

I’ve been playin warhawk for 2 days, and its been a whole new gamin experince!!!!
the bluetooth is just too good.

PAGE 1 2 3 4