PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Sep 13, 2007 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hey everyone, time for another fantastic PLAYSTATION Store update. First off, you’ll notice that we’ve updated some of the thumbnails in the Store. There are new genres for the Game Demos category. Hopefully, this makes it easier to get to the content you want. Oh, and speaking of content, we’ve heard a lot of folks asking about the NHL Demo and Poker and yes, we’ve got them both this week — and a whole lot more. Check it out.

New downloadable games:
• PixelJunk Racers ($6.99) – A single and multi-player slot car racing game, with 32 modes, 10 tracks and online rankings.
• High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition ($9.99) Ante up! Play limit or no-limit poker in five different game types. There’s single player mode or you can play up to five others online.

Demos, demos and more demos:
• PixelJunk Racers
• Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground
• NHL 08
• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
• FIFA 08

Of course, more movie trailers and videos and wallpapers for your favorite new and upcoming games:
• Everyday Shooter trailer
• Warhawk trailer
• Lair Behind the Scenes video
• Feel the Noise trailer
• Juiced 2 trailer
• High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition trailer
• Soul Calibur IV trailer
• High Stakes: Poker wallpaper
• 2 PixelJunk Racer wallpapers
• Folklore wallpaper

And finally, we also have a free music track from our favorite dragon game, Lair.

Hope you enjoy this week’s update. Stay tuned for more…

363 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8

+ Skater on September 13th, 2007 at 10:44 am said:

joel:

What makes you think Proving Ground is better? Skate has already gotten great reviews and has proven to be much more challenging and innovative than the Hawk series. Don’t get me wrong though, I’m sure THPG will be fun.

+ Killer_Paul on September 13th, 2007 at 10:45 am said:

WHAT ABOUT EUROPE SONY !!

we havent got any thumbnail genres yet !!
we havent got any good demos !!
why cant thses updates be worldwide !!

I love Sony, i have everything Sony in my house but i swear I’m dusting off my 360 and booting it up now after seeing the useless update we got in europe today :(

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!

WILL SOMEONE IN SONY EUROPE OPEN YER FRICKIN EYES !!

+ joel on September 13th, 2007 at 10:46 am said:

@skater

It got an 8.1/10 which is a good score, but why are you guys obsessed with it, you should be asking for something better, its not sony’s fault that EA IS A TRAITOR MOTHER FREAKIN COMPANY!!! This is why skate isnt out.EA SUCKS.

+ juanleche on September 13th, 2007 at 10:47 am said:

what ever happened to the Skate Demo we were supposed to get?

+ sazzer on September 13th, 2007 at 10:48 am said:

Joel, you are an idiot.

+ joel on September 13th, 2007 at 10:48 am said:

@killer_paul

This is SCEA not SCEE, they can try to tell them to release somehting, but hey you guys are getting better stuff than we are in the near future *cough*Play tv *cough*

+ Neil on September 13th, 2007 at 10:48 am said:

Now this is a great freaking update!

+ joel on September 13th, 2007 at 10:49 am said:

@sazzer

EA is a bad company they never made a good game in their lives. Maybe madden and thats it.

+ huleboeren on September 13th, 2007 at 10:50 am said:

SKATE demo please! For love of god

+ Skater on September 13th, 2007 at 10:50 am said:

@joel

8.1 from who? At 1UP it scored 9.0 on PS3 and 360. IGN gave the PS3 8.8 and the 360 a 9. IGN claimed there were “frame rate issues” in the PS3 version, but 1UP said that frame rate is not a problem. EA might actually have done a good job. I’m waiting to see what GS gives it.

+ Kxpuc27 on September 13th, 2007 at 10:50 am said:

it’s odd that SCEA can update the blog to let us know what’s going to be on the PSN but can’t even put up what’s going to be on firmwires no where close to before/after they become live. 1.93 went live 12 hours ago and the site still isn’t updated to reflect the change.

+ killrocknroll on September 13th, 2007 at 10:54 am said:

can we at least have some info as to why the skate demo hasnt been released yet?

+ joel on September 13th, 2007 at 10:54 am said:

Gametrailers gave it a 8.1

Like I said its a good score, ver good actually. But in my opinion EA is a traitor company, they released madden at 30FPS, they released NCAA at 30fps, and just 2 days ago they announced that the ps3 version OF NBA LIVE 08 will have bad antialaising or whatever its called. PETER MOORE is now EA I have respect for him, but its getting rediculus, how can sony allow EA to release a game on their system that looks worst than its xbox360 counter part? Microsoft is such an evil company, I swear sony was extreemly stupid for LETTING GTA 4 to go to the xbox 360.

+ Douglas Cartland on September 13th, 2007 at 10:55 am said:

Haha, funny how my download kept stopping at 27% in all my attempts, then when I went to the cancellation screen and just waited than staring at the progress bar, and instead of saying yes, then in the end say no, and allow the progress to carry on in the backrgound.. there it was after a while.. 100%

No idea what that was or whether what I said was helpful, but updates have stopped at certain percentages with me in the past, and I doubt it’s a router/modem problem.

+ alballam on September 13th, 2007 at 10:56 am said:

what time will the store be updated ??

+ sazzer on September 13th, 2007 at 10:56 am said:

Have you played every EA game Joel? You do realise that EA has many different studios? You can’t just make a sweeping generalisation about the quality of “EA’s” games just because you think they betrayed your favourite manufacturer.

The reason Skate is highly anticipated by many people is because it is a refreshiing alternative (only alternative) to the annual clown fest of THPS. Just cause it’ made by an EA studio doesn’t me it sucks by default.

+ Voozi on September 13th, 2007 at 10:57 am said:

Hey Sony by any chance, could we get a Lair demo? I really want to see along w/ many others, if the controls will work for me, so I know wether to buy the game or not.

Thanks!! =D and thanks for the NHL 08 demo!! =D

+ RandomEarthling on September 13th, 2007 at 10:57 am said:

I like this trend. Keep those demos of PSN downloadable games coming. No more blind faith purchases FTW!

+ Helghasp on September 13th, 2007 at 11:02 am said:

Yet another awesome update!

Thursdays are becoming awesome because of you Sony :)

+ joel on September 13th, 2007 at 11:04 am said:

Yes I have played an EA game

Madden rings a bell?
The nba live 08 demo?
ncaa which I have?

EA is partially good in “some” sports games, but the problem is that they go xbox360 first then playstation3 second, so we get ports. This is a problem that needs to be fixed, but nevertheless, I dont care for EA since they make the worst games.

+ ai11237 on September 13th, 2007 at 11:05 am said:

@ SKATE DEMO WHINERS

SHUT THE [DELETED] UP DAMMIT

+ sazzer on September 13th, 2007 at 11:07 am said:

WHERE IS THE SKATE DEMO?

+ scott on September 13th, 2007 at 11:08 am said:

great job sony.will there be any shooting demos or ps1 game demos or new games to buy? shooters i hope.good job anyways keep it rollin in.

+ scott on September 13th, 2007 at 11:11 am said:

tony hawks is a skate demo.so stop crying.tony hawks is a skate demo right.or u guys want ice skating.

+ StuntF50 on September 13th, 2007 at 11:12 am said:

Great update, but where is skate?

Oh I think you’ve guys have been reading that onAXIS article: http://onaxis.blogspot.com/2007/08/playstation-store-true-story.html

Why else would you bring us a Harry Potter demo.

+ Loucifer on September 13th, 2007 at 11:22 am said:

I just dont know what good the update is since i cant even get the 1.93 to download past 4% like many others…and yes i tried everything…so oh well all the more reason to keep playing NHL08

+ adwozzer on September 13th, 2007 at 11:23 am said:

Thanks for the update but why won’t you give us SKATE, you have had the demo for at least three weeks now and yet you refuse to put it up why?

+ sazzer on September 13th, 2007 at 11:26 am said:

@ai11237
Hahahaha, you must be really frustrated that you can’t play the PS3 Skate demo, don’t worry I’ll keep onasking so that you won’t have to suffer this pain for much longer. I’ve got your back buddy. :)

WHERE IS THE SKATE DEMO?

+ ai11237 on September 13th, 2007 at 11:27 am said:

oh well. i give up :o

+ PBJ on September 13th, 2007 at 11:30 am said:

Sony – great job on the updates – I really appreciate all the great content every Thursday. Thanks a million.

+ Loucifer on September 13th, 2007 at 11:32 am said:

oh! and SKATE happens to be kick ass

+ sazzer on September 13th, 2007 at 11:33 am said:

@scott
Shut up Scott, you’re so silly!
I see what you did there, very clever; a gold star for you!

+ frito on September 13th, 2007 at 11:35 am said:

what should i do?

+ stvegas on September 13th, 2007 at 11:41 am said:

When I log onto the Playstation Store I dont see the new updates for the PS Store, I want to get the poker but it is not there, when will the store update these new items, I already have 1.93

+ Viper7 on September 13th, 2007 at 11:41 am said:

Nice update, for Us store, many demos which is a good sing and step in to the right direction.

But like I said before I would love to get a way to purchase these nice add ons and games that you keep relasing. Rival consoles both already have their own cards to add points/cash to their account when will NA and EU get these?
They are already out on japan so?

+ 40cal on September 13th, 2007 at 11:43 am said:

Thanks for another great update. It is getting to the point where I dont have time to download/play everything. Heavenly Sword is awesome I hope to see this game get the three game treatment.

+ MagNuM-OPs on September 13th, 2007 at 11:44 am said:

sony delivers, consumers are happy…they finally are starting to get the point. now UP the marketing for the ps3 and promote their hardware AND software and they will be A O K.

+ adwozzer on September 13th, 2007 at 11:46 am said:

@stvegas

I’m in the same situation – Do you think that the store might not have updated yet?

+ jerrt on September 13th, 2007 at 11:49 am said:

great update, can’t wait to try out the demos.

+ stvegas on September 13th, 2007 at 11:49 am said:

@adwozzer

I guess so, at least I know I am not in the boat alone, I have never had connection issues with my PS3 like others have stated, 1.92 worked fine for me, I thought the PS store would of updated at midnight but who knows

+ zapruder on September 13th, 2007 at 11:50 am said:

“what’s the deal with the new firmware update freezing up while it is trying to DL?

what should i do?”… just wait do it later it’s busy, does no harm to the system.

+ grognard66 on September 13th, 2007 at 11:53 am said:

It’s good to see the volume of content finally increasing. I would suggest that demos get released as soon as they are available rather than waiting for the Thursday update though.

If nothing else, this would allay the perception that everything shows up later on PSN than on “the other console”. I can understand releasing PS1 classic games and original games on a set date but everything else should flow as they become available.

+ Loucifer on September 13th, 2007 at 11:55 am said:

@Goodfella2487

They already did with the purchase of NHL08 and SKATE…oh and 3 weeks ago was Bioshock and next week i’ll give’em more for Halo but whats your point?

I could have given Sony sum $ with NHL08 but they didnt deliver…thats not MY fault the 360 got the better version

+ skygod on September 13th, 2007 at 11:58 am said:

OUTSTANDING UPDATE!!!

Thanks so much Sony!! Every week is Christmas with this pretty little machine.

+ rollwitmee23 on September 13th, 2007 at 11:59 am said:

When does all of this become available? I cant find it in the PS Store.

+ corythug on September 13th, 2007 at 11:59 am said:

i simply can not believe we still haven’t gotten the skate demo, why hawk but no skate. seriously.

i really regret not getting a 360 over my ps3 more and more each day, that shouldn’t be.

+ joel on September 13th, 2007 at 12:03 pm said:

TO ANYONE WITH FREEZING PROBLEMS WHILE DOWNLOADING

*Here’s whats going on, over 1 million people are trying to download the same thing you are, the servers are taking a huge beating, so basicly it stops to cool down, or something like that, wait tomorrow and you can download everything. 1.93 has nothing to do with it.

+ B1ack_Mage on September 13th, 2007 at 12:05 pm said:

Woohoo, that’s 3 awesome updates in a row good job sony! Now where’s those PS1 games? A thing that should be added to the store should be a search feature, that would help a lot.

+ Al2x on September 13th, 2007 at 12:06 pm said:

A big hizzah for todays update. You guys keep coming in with the demos and playable games, I love it! Good job, just keep this coming, kthxby.

+ aaquib on September 13th, 2007 at 12:13 pm said:

Wow Sony, you beat yourself again :)

Ill be downloading all the demos, trailers, wallpapers and purchasing the Highstakes on Poker game.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8