PS4-The Order

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Sep 13, 2007 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hey everyone, time for another fantastic PLAYSTATION Store update. First off, you’ll notice that we’ve updated some of the thumbnails in the Store. There are new genres for the Game Demos category. Hopefully, this makes it easier to get to the content you want. Oh, and speaking of content, we’ve heard a lot of folks asking about the NHL Demo and Poker and yes, we’ve got them both this week — and a whole lot more. Check it out.

New downloadable games:
• PixelJunk Racers ($6.99) – A single and multi-player slot car racing game, with 32 modes, 10 tracks and online rankings.
• High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition ($9.99) Ante up! Play limit or no-limit poker in five different game types. There’s single player mode or you can play up to five others online.

Demos, demos and more demos:
• PixelJunk Racers
• Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground
• NHL 08
• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
• FIFA 08

Of course, more movie trailers and videos and wallpapers for your favorite new and upcoming games:
• Everyday Shooter trailer
• Warhawk trailer
• Lair Behind the Scenes video
• Feel the Noise trailer
• Juiced 2 trailer
• High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition trailer
• Soul Calibur IV trailer
• High Stakes: Poker wallpaper
• 2 PixelJunk Racer wallpapers
• Folklore wallpaper

And finally, we also have a free music track from our favorite dragon game, Lair.

Hope you enjoy this week’s update. Stay tuned for more…

363 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8

+ Ayden on September 13th, 2007 at 12:14 pm said:

Loving these updates, really nice to see Sony kicking it up a notch, makes me feel better about my PS3 purchase.

Please start releasing some more PS1 games, please?

+ mcpeepants80 on September 13th, 2007 at 12:21 pm said:

Lots of content and absolutely nothing that I’m interested in. Oh well, you can’t get what you want EVERY week.

+ Jamaicangmah on September 13th, 2007 at 12:24 pm said:

Great update Sony keep up the good Job but am not able to get onto the Store because my 1.93 update keeps getttin error at 4% since LASTNIGHT!!!!

Why hasn’t this been fixed, come on guys this is really frustraiting and frankly am gettin pissed. I went to AUS playstation.com and got the update but am scared to install it as am not sure if it will work with my US\Canadian PS3. I would’ve downloaded it from my region but Sony hasn’t updated the US playstation.com with the 1.93 update as yet. WHY??????

So will the update work on my PS3 or will i have to wait till Sony fixes it’s servers or should i just sell the damn thing? :(

+ TwinsDad on September 13th, 2007 at 12:25 pm said:

Thank you for posting this and listening to us. This was one of my suggestion on a blog post for new store contents.

All Demos will be downloaded, mission accomplished.

Did I say thanks yet? Well thanks again.

+ bamak93 on September 13th, 2007 at 12:26 pm said:

I’m glad about this update, but as Organic says the large population of non-sports players need something to hold them off until the fall. Just give us the Lair demo you’ve been holding out.

give us skate to, cause i’m sick of hearing, “Another week without skate wtf” on the forums.

+ HESH on September 13th, 2007 at 12:30 pm said:

Has anyone else not seen the updates in the PSN? I have tried and retried and nothing. Good old reboot and nothing, even tried getting rid of the browser cache files and nothing. Anyone got any ideas? Surely they cant update the PSN for only half the PS3 users?

+ Sydmour on September 13th, 2007 at 12:31 pm said:

What???? I can’t see any of the new demos and I’m in the US

+ joel on September 13th, 2007 at 12:33 pm said:

Well there’s a reason why it says “stay tuned” in the end, so basicly its not out yet, by 4pm it should be in the ps store.

+ Elsa43 on September 13th, 2007 at 12:34 pm said:

Wow! Lots of demos!
Nice update! :)

+ HESH on September 13th, 2007 at 12:37 pm said:

@117 but there are people who have seen, downloaded or even played the demos :(

…guess I’ll just stay tuned. Or wait till tomorrow when my 250GB hard drive turns up – it’ll give me something to start filling it up with :)

+ RoAcH2285 on September 13th, 2007 at 12:39 pm said:

Great update Sony.Oh,and I can’t wait for the skate demo.I’m not complaining I know we will get it sooner or later.Maybe sooner than later.

+ Swift on September 13th, 2007 at 12:44 pm said:

I’d like to know whats up with ps1 games for the US store. Its been a while since anything worthwhile has showed up. Whats the deal? The Japanese store gets massive additions all the time.

+ Cagalli on September 13th, 2007 at 12:53 pm said:

The update usually doesn’t go live for me ( I live in Michigan) until around 6 PM EDT.

+ rsx3.2 on September 13th, 2007 at 1:01 pm said:

Hell yeah 3 awesome updates in a row!!!1Keep it up Sony 3 awesome updates in a row and counting.

+ GAME-HERO on September 13th, 2007 at 1:08 pm said:

Sheesh! Some of you guys sound like a bunch of snot nosed kids complaining about which toys they didn’t get……Take whatcha get and don’t throw a fit!
Jeeze!
Be thankful you get updated by Sony on a weekly basis and get this you don’t have to pay for it.
As for ME and some others here, we are grateful, Thank You SONY!

+ skygod on September 13th, 2007 at 1:09 pm said:

Oh and hopefully that rumor about the R&C demo on the 4th is true. That demo alone will help me re-convince my wife that the PS3 was a good anniversary present that we gave to each other.

Ha ha!

+ Jeigh on September 13th, 2007 at 1:09 pm said:

Thank you! And a FREE Lair track?? That game has some amazing music! Thank you more! :D

+ ryjo965 on September 13th, 2007 at 1:27 pm said:

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix lol at that 1 year old game

+ Loucifer on September 13th, 2007 at 1:29 pm said:

@ryjo965

LOL…seriously

+ eclipsed4utoo on September 13th, 2007 at 1:31 pm said:

good God. I have never seen people complain so much when they got 5 DEMOS!!! jesus. Even if Sony does give you what you want, you would still find something else to complain about. You guys really need to grow up.

+ scorpio on September 13th, 2007 at 1:31 pm said:

Great update… I can’t wait to be part of the Thursday updates. I will be getting my PS3 in a few weeks….woohooo

+ Dubbedinenglish on September 13th, 2007 at 1:37 pm said:

Lair music track! Now I have my theme music everywhere I go!

+ sascha23 on September 13th, 2007 at 1:38 pm said:

Good job PSN staff. This is exactly what the fans wanted. Consistent and meaty updates to look forward to every week.

It will be nice to continue to see the store’s design and structure evolve as well. That’s the only factor that could use some more work.

Keep it up!

+ Kxpuc27 on September 13th, 2007 at 1:42 pm said:

hmm i might actually get back into playing NHL games if the demo is good. MLB 07 The Show got me back into baseball games. Now to get a demo of Uncharted, Kane and Lynch, LBP, and FF13 :p and i’d be set till the games come out

+ steve lamb on September 13th, 2007 at 1:48 pm said:

Finally sony is running it’s online store to be competitive with xbl.I love it and thank you so very much sony :)

+ joel on September 13th, 2007 at 1:52 pm said:

Wow nice new designes, and nice content, now we have a new tab!! music!!!

+ fiaz on September 13th, 2007 at 1:52 pm said:

it’s been a while since i’ve posted but i jus like to thank sony for all the great updates lately.
I’m really lookin forward to playing fifa.
And cant wait til R&C and uncharted hits the ps store. Keep it up yo

+ scott on September 13th, 2007 at 1:53 pm said:

the more demos that u release,the more games u will sell.so just put demos of the games coming out the next couple of months..

+ Daver on September 13th, 2007 at 1:54 pm said:

Whoa! i just got home and turned on my ps3 and saw that huge and amazing update… Very nice one
btw i just got my copy of HS :) ill try it toonight

+ KatanaKing on September 13th, 2007 at 1:57 pm said:

SONY

As you can see by the number of comments on the PSN update, this is what people want, really…..

+ west on September 13th, 2007 at 1:59 pm said:

The Playstation 3 hasn’t been out for a year and already I am seeing some awesome improvements like more demos. We could use a store redesign and in-game xmb w/ custom soundtracks so we can rock on to that song you gave us for free. Still a fantastic update.

+ jedislayer101 on September 13th, 2007 at 2:02 pm said:

Thank you very much. I’ll be looking forward to the R&C Future demo.

+ fiaz on September 13th, 2007 at 2:14 pm said:

@anyone who knows
are we gettin a timeshift demo in de near future. Im really looking forward to this game and would like to try it out.

+ afrosheen on September 13th, 2007 at 2:23 pm said:

Pretty sweet update, I could get used to this.

Now all Sony needs is:

1. bandwidth for the PS Store
2. more bandwidth
3. a warhawk patch

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Patrick Seybold on September 13th, 2007 at 2:25 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Glad you are enjoying the variety of content going up every week.

I have to confirm this, but contrary to popular reports, I believe that the Skate demo was just officially submitted to us for test last week. Its obvious that many of you want it, and we’ll do our best to get it up there as soon as we can. Hold tight.

+ Loucifer on September 13th, 2007 at 2:26 pm said:

Theres a good answer

+ Loucifer on September 13th, 2007 at 2:27 pm said:

hmmm…didnt expect that comin

+ Laughed on September 13th, 2007 at 2:28 pm said:

1.) I agree with one of the first posters, stop trying to rape your customers. THese prices are ridiculous.

2.) When are we going to be able to log into 2 profiles at the same time. X360 does it. Its not hard, complicated. Why allow users the ability to make 16 profiles if your only allowed to use one at a time. I’m amazed no one else is griping about this.

+ darktorns on September 13th, 2007 at 2:29 pm said:

aww man, i was waiting for a SKATE demo =/

+ Loucifer on September 13th, 2007 at 2:31 pm said:

@Laughed

“3.) Whats with all the “Great job, keep it coming posts”. You trying to get content that comes only after you’ve kissed a certain amount of ass. Your wasting my time.”

LOL

Sony ALWAYS gets the stuff weeks after 360…ask your buddies when they get a new demo and look for it on PSN about 3 weeks after your friends are done playing them and moved on to the game

+ Laughed on September 13th, 2007 at 2:38 pm said:

kinglink, Ummm where did i ask for or mention a specific game? Yeah, thanks. Just cause were finally getting content doesn’t mean we have to lose our minds like a bunch of HS cheerleaders, or 5 year olds cooing at our parents on christmas morning.

+ Nobbler on September 13th, 2007 at 2:39 pm said:

EUROPE ????

+ terraform on September 13th, 2007 at 2:44 pm said:

The week Skate was released on XBL and didn’t show up on the PSN update the following day, I was a little dissapointed.

The next week, I was a annoyed. The third week, I was pissed.

After the fourth week, I bought an Xbox.

PROBLEM SOLVED. Nice job Sony.

All of you who’re thanking Sony for doing updates, starting this blog, etc, should come to the realization that they’re not doing you any favors. They got (or still want) your 600 dollars and it’s in THEIR best interest to keep customers happy if they want to stay in business.

Arrogance isn’t going to cut it any more.

+ snakesoldier on September 13th, 2007 at 2:45 pm said:

This blog is a SCEA blog, not SCEE, so stop asking about Europe!
Now i’ve got that out of the way, i love how you guys have been giving us so much each week as of late.
Question: I’ve heard that all titles being developed for the PS3 are now required to have a demo some time before their release. Is this true?

+ snakesoldier on September 13th, 2007 at 2:50 pm said:

By the way guys, for those of you who haven’t played the Skate demo yet… i have a 360 as well and honesty it’s way to technical a game to be any fun.

+ Skater on September 13th, 2007 at 2:52 pm said:

@snakesoldier

That’s how skateboarding in real life is. You have to practice for hours a day before you’re really comfortable on your board. I’m sure the feel of this game will be similar in the sense that it takes a while to get used to.

+ tryp on September 13th, 2007 at 2:53 pm said:

So my system update keeps failing at 4% – np i’ll go download it off the site and update via usb, oh wait it’s still 1.92 – I need 1.93 thats odd you would think they are smart enough to update it on the website in case things like this happen to good paying customers like myself – ok i’ll call customer support and have them e-mail it to me.. Oh wait they are no longer taking calls right now, call back later they said – but i want to play my Warhawk? I guess im [DELETED]. Thanks Sony! I will go play my 360 now and maybee later this company will get their act together.

+ tryp on September 13th, 2007 at 2:56 pm said: