PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

God of War: Chains of Olympus – Special Edition Demo Disc

Cory Barlog's Avatar + Posted by Cory Barlog on Sep 27, 2007 // Sony Santa Monica Studios

GOWCOOpsp-demosleeve
What is up God of War fans? Sorry for the long hiatus but things have been crazy here at Casa De Kratos…much to do. I thought I would come out of my somewhat self imposed media coma to let everyone know that the PSP demo discs are freaking done baby!!! As I type these words, legions of carrier Harpies are being dispatched to deliver the sweet UMD goodness that is God of War: Chains of Olympus – Special edition: Battle of Attica Demo Disc…otherwise know as GOW: COO –SE:BoADD. Good god…that is a freaking mouthful, even typing this abbreviated version makes me tired.

That’s it for now, keeping this one quick. The game is looking absolutely amazing, btw, so I hope everyone enjoys this little taste of portable God of War goodness. As a matter of fact, I think it even got an award for the Best PSP Game, or something like that, at the Leipzig conference.

Alright, back to my work induced hibernation…

236 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ XxBigP123xX on September 27th, 2007 at 5:07 pm said:

god of war is one of the reasons i bought a ps3! nice to know im getting this demo. when will we see god of war 3?

+ xplosneer on September 27th, 2007 at 5:15 pm said:

Didn’t I sign up for the demo in like March or something? Anyways, pretty cool. 3 posts to day as well.

+ remanutd on September 27th, 2007 at 5:20 pm said:

nice can’t wait to play this game on my psp and gow 3 on my ps3

Cory Barlog's Avatar

+ corybarlog on September 27th, 2007 at 5:34 pm said:

God of War 3? I have no idea what you are talking about?

+ Stoffinator on September 27th, 2007 at 5:36 pm said:

I remember signing up for the demo many many months ago. Nice to know that they are finally going out, can’t wait.

Cory Barlog's Avatar

+ corybarlog on September 27th, 2007 at 5:40 pm said:

Yeah, sorry about the long stretch between signing up and getting the demo…but I think it was well worth it!

Of course everyone says that about thier own games…so, you know…take that with a grain of salt.

cory

+ Goodfella2487 on September 27th, 2007 at 5:43 pm said:

“God of War 3? I have no idea what you are talking about?
:)”
OMG ITS COMING! =P

+ Herby on September 27th, 2007 at 5:49 pm said:

Sweet I can’t wait for this demo. Just beat GOW and GOW2 again to freshen up on the story. You guys are just making that September Deadline by a hair, huh. I am not going to complain thanks for the demo guys.

+ Sanjoken on September 27th, 2007 at 5:51 pm said:

I signed up for the demo the night we found out, but I never got an email saying I’m getting it, but I got the recent email saying, “Keep these sneak peeks and hang tight… Kratos is coming!”. Does this mean I’m getting the demo? I live in Canada, and I heard that Canadians aren’t getting the demo. Just wanna make sure, so I don’t have to sit in front of my mailbox waiting for something I’ll never get ;)

+ zookey on September 27th, 2007 at 5:52 pm said:

Heck yeah baby–can’t wait!!

+ Queso on September 27th, 2007 at 5:57 pm said:

cool I’ve been waiting for my copy for a while now, thanks for the info & keep up the good work.

+ Cesar on September 27th, 2007 at 5:59 pm said:

Well after you guys are done with the beta can we get in on the playstation store oh i buy the psp slim i’m ready

+ XxBigP123xX on September 27th, 2007 at 6:01 pm said:

you know what we’re talking about :)

+ coolasj19 on September 27th, 2007 at 6:05 pm said:

luckily i gave youll my address 3 years ago :P

+ gardea on September 27th, 2007 at 6:09 pm said:

You guys lied to us :( saying September 6th… It’s September 27th lol. I thought my mailman stole my copy or something :(

Anyways, glad to see the demos finally shipping out..I’m sure they’ll get to our mailboxes in around 2 weeks? :(

+ Cesar on September 27th, 2007 at 6:12 pm said:

We need PSP Demos on the Playstation Store i download them out of the Internet buy there on Japanese my english is bad enough

+ Dew87 on September 27th, 2007 at 6:14 pm said:

Hey Cory, where do I sign up to get this special edition demo? or is it too late?

Anyway, keep up the great work. Can’t wait for the full game, and of course God of War 3 ;)

+ Sanjoken on September 27th, 2007 at 6:18 pm said:

It’s too late to sign up. Sign up was around 3-4 months ago.. but I’m hoping that they’ll make a downloadable demo *cough*

+ Cameron on September 27th, 2007 at 6:19 pm said:

On word.

WOOT!

+ Jeigh on September 27th, 2007 at 6:20 pm said:

“legions of carrier Harpies” = Hilarity! :D

You had to have seen the God of War 3 questions coming. Anyway, frikcin’ sweet.

+ joel on September 27th, 2007 at 6:22 pm said:

God of war ftw!!!

GOD OF WAR 3 ON THE PS3 CONFIRM IT ALREADY!!!

+ darkedgex on September 27th, 2007 at 6:23 pm said:

Ah, that’s too bad that signups are closed. Would have liked to have been able to get this to check it out…

+ darkiewonder on September 27th, 2007 at 6:25 pm said:

Hey Cory, Want to send me a psp so I can try out that Demo disc when I get it?

+ Dew87 on September 27th, 2007 at 6:27 pm said:

Thanks Sanjoken, I hope so too.

+ Kratos_ate_Snake on September 27th, 2007 at 6:29 pm said:

GOW: COO –SE:BoADD lol that is funny.

Cory my man… GOW: COO can only tie me over for so long. Where is GOW 3.

Me hungry for more epicness….. Is that a word?

+ GamerMan76 on September 27th, 2007 at 6:34 pm said:

corybarlog noone gets any love from the blog admins here and getting there nice red easy to find comments here..

I signed up the first day that I knew about the demo and I was losing hope of ever getting it. This is great news and can’t wait to see GOW on my PSP..

and is this statement a no comment statement:

“God of War 3? I have no idea what you are talking about?” cause if it is that’s great news

+ GamerMan76 on September 27th, 2007 at 6:35 pm said:

oops.. didn’t that quote correctly.. the cause if it is that’s great news was not supposed to be in the quote.. LOL

+ Karamo on September 27th, 2007 at 6:36 pm said:

Nice i can’t wait, to give my psp a taste of Chains of Olympus, now if they can just announce GoW3 already. I mean we all know that SCEA Santa Monica Studio is up to something, if Ready at Dawn is doing this.

+ Runningflame570 on September 27th, 2007 at 6:44 pm said:

HELL YES, I’m definitely going to play this. :)

Unfortunately I have all my mail going to a permanent address roughly 100 miles to the south, so it may be awhile before I can get it. :(

But I’m definitely going to love this! :)

..Once I can actually play it. :(

+ Zaku on September 27th, 2007 at 6:45 pm said:

Awesome. Now to keep my eyes on the mail :D

+ Vassago on September 27th, 2007 at 6:45 pm said:

where i can get the demo i want it :P Good job team !!!

+ The1Weapon on September 27th, 2007 at 6:48 pm said:

I can’t wait for this demo. I hope that I’ve gotten the email saying that I’m gonna get it.

+ Jedah on September 27th, 2007 at 6:58 pm said:

When GoW 3 hits the PS3… it’s going to be bigger than that other “big” launch that happened this week on that other console…

I just hope Sony puts huge money in it’s marketing for it.

+ Neil on September 27th, 2007 at 7:04 pm said:

Cory, this is great news. I cannot wait. this is a definite day one purchase for me. Also love your blog.

+ AmericanNinja on September 27th, 2007 at 7:06 pm said:

w00t! I can’t wait! :) :D

+ xplosneer on September 27th, 2007 at 7:30 pm said:

For some reason you posters are losing your red today. Feeling blue? :D

+ C-h-a-o-s on September 27th, 2007 at 7:30 pm said:

So far this seems like the only demo worth waiting a couple months for, I hope it lives up to the hype I have been drooling over.

+ wolverine81 on September 27th, 2007 at 7:40 pm said:

@corybarlog

Thanks for the info. Can’t wait to get the demo, if I’m even going to get it (hopefully). Nice avatar by the way! The mods also need to highlight your posts in red. Thanks again!

+ C-h-a-o-s on September 27th, 2007 at 8:18 pm said:

I forgot to ask(don’t think I can edit my previous post), is there any truth to the rumor of a downloadable version of the demo? The CoO section of the PlayStation forums have been rampant with downloadable demo talk.

+ OrganicShadow on September 27th, 2007 at 8:24 pm said:

Do we need to go sign up to get this demo? Or is it one of the randomly sent out demos?

+ 40cal on September 27th, 2007 at 8:26 pm said:

Oh hells yeah! I am really hoping that the Black PSP 2000 hits retail before this shows up in the mail.

CORY, please tell me you have a date for that sexy Black PSP 2000.

Also I need some fake blades of chaos for Haloween. If you could point me in the right direction. “You dare defy the God of War” :)

And not like you need to know this but we want GoW 3 for PS3. Kratos is ten times more badass than the guy in the goofy green space suit. LOL

+ kbasanti on September 27th, 2007 at 8:32 pm said:

[quote]God of War 3? I have no idea what you are talking about?
:)[/quote]

GOD OF WAR 3

CONFIRMED!

ps. Love the games Cory!

+ sectionz on September 27th, 2007 at 8:32 pm said:

I have mine coming w00t .. we signed up for this MONTHS ago and I am so excited to see it coming along .. but please guys more GOW, it wont get old until after a PS3 debut .. seeing that I bought David Jaffee’s old house in a dream its fitting to see that with my continued support of his IP im helping him buy about 12 other ones ;).

+ DevilWillcry on September 27th, 2007 at 8:50 pm said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG! I can’t wait till I get mine in the mail, I remember signing up for it awhile back I can’t wait. Work hard on God of War 3 for PS3 Cory!

+ Chromax on September 27th, 2007 at 8:54 pm said:

Yay it’s coming! Now to wait for God of War 3! =D

+ 40cal on September 27th, 2007 at 9:02 pm said:

Oh yeah! Thank you Cory :) Still waiting on the Black PSP 2000 though. And you know we want GoW 3 after CoO.

“You dare defy the God of War”
Man I loved that line.

+ foolio_67 on September 27th, 2007 at 10:02 pm said:

Haven’t played me some GoW for awhile now!

+ DOmeN on September 27th, 2007 at 10:05 pm said:

I am very excited about this game….now bring on the special limited edition God of War PSP ! =D YA!

+ nabokovfan87 on September 27th, 2007 at 10:06 pm said:

um, fine, i finally get a demo disk. how bout making my ps3 wifi work so i can dl stuff, and oh YEAH UPDATE THE PSP BROWSER WITH THE NEW FLASH AND JAVA VERSIONS, AND OH YEAH, HOW BOUT U LET ME CHANGE MY STINKING PASSWORD ON HERE FROM SOME RANDOM NUMBERS?????????

but thanks for posting this crap.

+ Rzarekta on September 27th, 2007 at 10:44 pm said:

First of all, Cory, I just wanted to say that God of War 2 is my favorite action game of all time. Amazing stuff.

PAGE 1 2 3 5