PS4-The Order

God of War: Chains of Olympus – Special Edition Demo Disc

Cory Barlog's Avatar + Posted by Cory Barlog on Sep 27, 2007 // Sony Santa Monica Studios

GOWCOOpsp-demosleeve
What is up God of War fans? Sorry for the long hiatus but things have been crazy here at Casa De Kratos…much to do. I thought I would come out of my somewhat self imposed media coma to let everyone know that the PSP demo discs are freaking done baby!!! As I type these words, legions of carrier Harpies are being dispatched to deliver the sweet UMD goodness that is God of War: Chains of Olympus – Special edition: Battle of Attica Demo Disc…otherwise know as GOW: COO –SE:BoADD. Good god…that is a freaking mouthful, even typing this abbreviated version makes me tired.

That’s it for now, keeping this one quick. The game is looking absolutely amazing, btw, so I hope everyone enjoys this little taste of portable God of War goodness. As a matter of fact, I think it even got an award for the Best PSP Game, or something like that, at the Leipzig conference.

Alright, back to my work induced hibernation…

236 Comments

+ Cesar on September 29th, 2007 at 8:12 pm said:

Oh yea God of War, Crisis core Final Fantasy 7 are on my MUST buy list for my psp

+ kratos_theGOW on September 30th, 2007 at 4:57 am said:

there is no match for GOD OF WAR

+ tirminyl on September 30th, 2007 at 3:42 pm said:

Man. A reason to buy a PSP :-P This will be the 3rd game I have ever beaten. The first two of course are from the same series :-D

+ Shadow Emperor on September 30th, 2007 at 6:40 pm said:

When is it coming out. I live in Michigan, I got all this email stuff on all of about this stuff. I am watching the mail man just in case he steals it. Man i am just watching the mail. When lord when.

+ kurosaki jhon on September 30th, 2007 at 7:44 pm said:

hoo my god, i have been waiting for this day….hee wait… i dont live in UE nooooooo, hoo well i have to wait until the day of release. This game and SHO must have in my hands.

Greetings…

+ XxBigP123xX on September 30th, 2007 at 8:12 pm said:

wow if i dont get this demo this week im going to cry. i just started to play through GOW1 again.

+ harleydon on September 30th, 2007 at 8:32 pm said:

any one know how i can get my hands on that demo?

+ lakaihigh on September 30th, 2007 at 8:44 pm said:

@harleydon – yeah. but you will need to do the following:

1. get a time capsole
2. go back in the past to about 4-5 months ago
3. sign up on the website
4. return to the future and wait by the mailbox

or you could simply see if you can find it on eBay for a reasonable price when we get it, finish playing it, and post it on there.

Peace,
Lh

+ PS3_GAM3R on September 30th, 2007 at 9:23 pm said:

We got the news that the DEMO shipped Sept. 27th. If I don’t get this demo in the mail by Oct. 6th, I will be really MAD!! Don’t make me upset SONY!!!

+ lakaihigh on September 30th, 2007 at 9:32 pm said:

me too dude, me too. I really hope I get it though. I’ve been gettin all these emails from them but none saying that I am actually getting it. HOPE :)

+ kratos_theGOW on October 1st, 2007 at 1:16 am said:

CORY u said in IGN UK GOD OF WAR II interview that GOD OF WAR II is not the last best game on PS2 so give us more…

+ Mellkor on October 1st, 2007 at 5:37 am said:

=o)

+ MasterCharged on October 1st, 2007 at 5:40 am said:

God of War 3 ps3 confirmed!!!

+ kratos_theGOW on October 1st, 2007 at 8:25 am said:

yeah! we know
right CORY??

+ joel on October 1st, 2007 at 3:09 pm said:

THE PS3 WILL BE GETTING GOW 3

The ps2 can suck my for all I care. PS3 NEEDS IT.

BUY A PS3 STUPID CHEAP WHORES

+ orbio234 on October 1st, 2007 at 5:12 pm said:

no other product i know of got the crap beat on it like the ps3 and yet its sold 5 million…the problem was people were unaware how awesome it is and now it’s catching on. today at an electronic store they were sold out…two days ago the same store had 20 on hand

+ orbio234 on October 1st, 2007 at 5:36 pm said:

more good info…the ps3′s all were 80gb with motorstorm at the regular price

+ PS3_GAM3R on October 1st, 2007 at 8:50 pm said:

So today is Monday, I did not get my DEMO yet :(. Maybe tomorrow. I am giving till Friday. I will be back tomorrow to let you guys know if I got it in them!

+ PSPsGTghOost on October 1st, 2007 at 9:09 pm said:

GoW vs. GT mobile… GT mobile. When the hell is it coming out???

+ lakaihigh on October 2nd, 2007 at 9:26 am said:

any1 get their demo yet??? god this is driving me insane! lol

Lh

+ benjiedude on October 2nd, 2007 at 10:51 am said:

No Demo yet. Argh! First the back of the GOW 2 manual says coming 2007, then the demo was announceded to be released 9/07, Finally it’s October 2nd almost 2:00 pm eastern and my mailman didn’t bring me my demo. ARGH!!!!!!!!!

+ orbio234 on October 2nd, 2007 at 11:41 am said:

know the feeling…want something so bad you could taste.it…the greeks said how to deal with the…moderate your expectations.

+ orbio234 on October 2nd, 2007 at 12:05 pm said:

recommend while we are waiting for more good stuff from ps…bill moyers journal….his essay;FOR THE FALLEN

+ benjiedude on October 2nd, 2007 at 1:13 pm said:

Seriously, why has there been no explanation given for the delay? On the back of the GOW 2 manual it said GOWCO was “COMING 2007″. This has never really been addressed. I don’t believe they meant Demo coming 2007, does anyone else?

+ Loucifer on October 2nd, 2007 at 1:38 pm said:

@benjiedude

Sony is not in the business to give explanations/apologies or just Information….they’re in the business of smoke screens/lies and secrets…dont bother asking for info or Sony to clarify something…even if they did…the answer is “We have no information on that”…like they’ve been saying about rumble…which obviously is finally happening…has this “OFFICIAL” blog mentioned anything???…NOPE!!…there are NUMEROUS subjects that could have been discussed on this “OFFICIAL” blog thats been covered on ALL the “UNofficial sites”…just to give you an idea what Sony is about…

also not to sound repetitive but when this blog first started a very known person by the name of PATRICK SEYBOLD said and i quote…

“we promise we’ll quickly make this blog a valuable stop in your daily info hunt for PlayStation news” – June 11 PS BLOG

really?…really Patrick???…then why do we still get ignored and why are there only ONE or MAYBE even TWO updates a week with such BS topics that no one really wants to talk about…the topics we REALLY want information about are NEVER…i repeat…NEVER discussed…like firmware updates…developer updates…no instead we get BS!!!!! like R&C went gold…which doesnt even mean sales #’s…get a grip!

sincerely
your friendly neighborhood critic

+ benjiedude on October 2nd, 2007 at 2:22 pm said:

Wow. Take an anger management class or something man. They’re just games in the end. I was just hoping for some kind of answer.

+ OPPinoy on October 2nd, 2007 at 8:36 pm said:

I’m signed up to receive this demo, and am eagerly anticipating its arrival. I was just wondering if the included level(s) are final (locked in stone) versions that will be in the game, as they are in the demo, or are the included levels still up for tweaks before they are put into the final game. And tell your carrier harpies to hurry up because it seems like 10 years since I signed up for it and dug through the islands website for bits of info.

+ benjiedude on October 3rd, 2007 at 8:12 am said:

Oct.3rd and no demo….

+ lakaihigh on October 3rd, 2007 at 12:28 pm said:

yeah just checked my mailbox and still no demo :( my life is so sad…

+ SincereRawkus on October 3rd, 2007 at 12:52 pm said:

Man I moved since I signed up for the Demo and I was not sure if I was gonna get one. Will the demo be sent to the address on your GAP or Regular account? Thanks

+ benjiedude on October 3rd, 2007 at 1:07 pm said:

Yes it will. This however means nothing because nobody has actually received the demo besides the press yet. Sooo sad.

+ PS3_GAM3R on October 3rd, 2007 at 7:12 pm said:

Where the F**K is my DEMO?!?! Did they ship the DEMO from MARS or something? because it usually takes 2-3 business days!!! I will really get pissed if I don’t get it by this Saturday!

+ lakaihigh on October 3rd, 2007 at 7:46 pm said:

Here’s to hoping I get it tomorrow (finger’s crossed, prays to god) wait why would I pray to god… I should pray to the God of War hahaha hmm. corny joke of the day, had to do it to lighten the tension of all these die hard GoW fans on here.

Peace,
Lh

+ OPPinoy on October 3rd, 2007 at 11:32 pm said:

I saw my mailman playing a PSP yesterday, she better not steal my demo. Grrrr…

+ ams707 on October 4th, 2007 at 1:50 am said:

Seriously….ANYONE GET THEIRS YET??? 6 days in transit shipping, still not unheard of…. still have thursday/friday/saturday before I really start freakin out.

ARE THEY COMING VIA CARRIER PIGIONS AGAIN??? Media mail aint this slow. 1st class definitly isnt, No one form the angry mob with fire and pitchforks…til monday. Ill bring rice crispy treats, you bring the flamethrower.

+ benjiedude on October 4th, 2007 at 10:11 am said:

I’m thinking my mailman stole it too.

+ lakaihigh on October 4th, 2007 at 1:57 pm said:

@ EVERYONE who thinks their mailman stole their demo – is it remotely possible that every single mailman stole everyone’s demo disc? LOL There has to be some kind of conspiracy going on at the post office because I haven’t seen mine either! This is sheer madness… I can’t wait any longer to get my demo (if I’m even getting one) Will some1 that got theirs please tell us because all of us here are slowly slipping into madness waiting at our mailboxes. Please let it come tomorrow or saturday. PLEASE. hahaha

Hope,
Lh

+ OPPinoy on October 4th, 2007 at 2:19 pm said:

I’m not saying that mailmen(women), across the country, are all dishonest, but you have to admit that the cover art of the demo sleeve does look ultra amazing. I wish they could’ve camoflauged it a little bit, or maybe even have given it a decoy cover art of another inferior game, like pokemon tactics or something like that. If I was a mailman and saw that cover art on the demo UMD sleeve, I might be tempted also.

+ lakaihigh on October 4th, 2007 at 2:23 pm said:

@ OPPinoy – I hear you dude, I know what you mean. If I was a mailman or woman I would have snatched that thing up soooo fast because of the sheer awesomeness. Its just that I want my demo now sooo bad. I guess we’ll have to sit tight for a lil while longer til they get here.

Peace,
Lh

+ PS3_GAM3R on October 4th, 2007 at 11:22 pm said:

It’s Thrusday, and still no Demo..Sony where they F**K is my DEMO??????

+ benjiedude on October 5th, 2007 at 6:39 am said:

Oct. 5th and no demo. That’s it, all the mailmen and mailwomen across the nation have stole this thing.

+ benjiedude on October 5th, 2007 at 10:19 am said:

Officially not today either. Mailman just delivered my stuff w/ no demo. At least I’ll be getting one in California when I go there.

+ RoAcH2285 on October 5th, 2007 at 5:18 pm said:

Yep’ still waitin’ myself.I check the mail everyday….for disappointment.

+ PS3_GAM3R on October 5th, 2007 at 6:48 pm said:

If this Demo does not come tomarrow then Sony lied to us again…good job Sony for becoming the company that lies to consumers!!!

+ lakaihigh on October 5th, 2007 at 7:29 pm said:

ahhhhhh… I’m losing my mind. I can’t wait any longer for this demo. It is literally eating me from the inside out. I’ve never felt like something is sooo close yet so far away. hey isn’t that a song LOL. oh well, if this demo doesn’t come tomorrow then I’m convinced that there is some kind of conspiracy going on here. I sense traitors in our midst… all mailmen and women across the nation are withholding the power that can come to our psps!!! NO!!!!!!!!!

Seriously please let it come tomorrow.

Peace,
Lh

+ lakaihigh on October 5th, 2007 at 11:28 pm said:

@ EVERYONE – Update!!! did anyone else here get this email??? http://tr.innovyx.net/v?xJlJnlHEHWHvvnlHHTcP it was in response to them sending out the demo disc and he said that this was the last behind the scenes look and it was an article about the music soundtrack to the game… really cool stuff. But yeah has anyone seen this?

Your Welcome,
Lh

+ benjiedude on October 6th, 2007 at 5:20 am said:

October 6th and no demo. Yea, I got the e-mail. Sounds like they’re just trying to keep the crowd from rioting. Nobody has officially received this demo yet, only people claiming to without posting proof so it’s possible some have got it but again nothing proven. I don’t care about a sound clip, I want my demo. For the love of Zues…gimme my demo.

+ OPPinoy on October 6th, 2007 at 1:53 pm said:

I expect to have it on Tuesday. With Monday being a Federal holiday, it should give the post office enough time to get the mail to where it needs to go. They still work on federal holidays, they just don’t deliver the mail on holidays.

+ kenji on October 6th, 2007 at 2:33 pm said:

This might be a little too late but why isn’t this demo made available for download? Wouldn’t it reach more people and get Sony more praise if they stepped it up on this digital download initiative more appropriately?

+ OPPinoy on October 6th, 2007 at 3:52 pm said:

@kenji: They aren’t making it available for download, immediately, to reward those of us who dug through the islands website to actually find out how to sign up for the demo. The special coverart and umd is a reward for us. I’m sure there will be a downloadable download available, in a month or two, on the PSP website on playstation.com.