PlayStation Vue

Sep 27

God of War: Chains of Olympus – Special Edition Demo Disc

Cory Barlog's Avatar Posted by Cory Barlog on Sep 27, 2007 // Sony Santa Monica Studios

GOWCOOpsp-demosleeve
What is up God of War fans? Sorry for the long hiatus but things have been crazy here at Casa De Kratos…much to do. I thought I would come out of my somewhat self imposed media coma to let everyone know that the PSP demo discs are freaking done baby!!! As I type these words, legions of carrier Harpies are being dispatched to deliver the sweet UMD goodness that is God of War: Chains of Olympus – Special edition: Battle of Attica Demo Disc…otherwise know as GOW: COO –SE:BoADD. Good god…that is a freaking mouthful, even typing this abbreviated version makes me tired.

That’s it for now, keeping this one quick. The game is looking absolutely amazing, btw, so I hope everyone enjoys this little taste of portable God of War goodness. As a matter of fact, I think it even got an award for the Best PSP Game, or something like that, at the Leipzig conference.

Alright, back to my work induced hibernation…

236 Comments

+ GOW:COO-SE:BOADD now shipping on September 28th, 2007 at 9:35 pm said:

[…] Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments […]

+ joel on September 28th, 2007 at 9:53 pm said:

NG2 doesnt compete with god of war. Reviews say it all. I got mad that people thought Heavenly sword was a god of war rip off, that probably dropped the score. God of war 3 is coming, sony isnt going to give up their biggest franchise so easily.

+ roadclimber on September 28th, 2007 at 10:18 pm said:

I’m glad to see the Psp getting titles developed exclusively for its capabilities. Multiplatform releases that send out a token effort on the psp always come out short compared to the others. It’s quality games like this that are going to sell it more than anything else.

Sony, drown “Ready at Dawn” in cash and keep them making psp titles for as long as you possibly can. Between Daxter and God of War, Ready at Dawn is going to develope a devoted group of fans. Now if they could only come up with a survival-horror title i’m be in heaven…

Nice work Cory… this looks like an unquestionable best seller.

+ God of War: Chains of Olympus demo disponible « ConsolePlus on September 28th, 2007 at 11:42 pm said:

[…] el “demo” ya,  lastima que solo a quienes se apuntaron en la pagina ; Aquí les dejo  el link del blog […]

+ La demo de God Of War : Chains of Olympus está terminada « AuToMaTTiX on September 29th, 2007 at 7:15 am said:

[…] God Of War : Chains of Olympus está terminada 29 09 2007 Así se ha confirmado hoy en el blog de PlayStation, la demostración jugable de God Of War Chains Of Olympus está terminada, y de hecho en Estados […]

+ Weather Report: Yahoo! Search update - BlogStuffPro.com on September 29th, 2007 at 7:28 am said:

[…] God of War: Chains of Olympus – Special Edition Demo DiscGOWCOOpsp-demosleeve What is up God of War fans? Sorry for the long hiatus but things have been crazy here at Casa De Kratos much to do. I thought I would come out of my somewhat self imposed media coma to let everyone know that the PSP… […]

+ God of War: Chains of Olympus - Special Edition Demo Disc - BlogStuffPro.com on September 29th, 2007 at 7:29 am said:

+ God of War 3 info for the 2010 PS3 game. God of War: Chains of Olympus PSP demo ships - VideoGamesBlogger on September 29th, 2007 at 8:12 am said:

[…] official PlayStation blog says: “That’s it for now, keeping this one quick. The game is looking absolutely amazing, […]

+ benjiedude on September 29th, 2007 at 8:24 am said:

Not sure if David Jaffe officially has anything to do with direction on the GOW series at all anymore. I think he is “helping” flesh out the story though and will probably hand it over to Cory if he hasn’t done so already. Either way…we all know they’re working on it. If they would just get it out there in time for winter 08 they would sell a lot of PS3’s!

+ Tidus on September 29th, 2007 at 10:54 am said:

I want this demo to download, because I live outside US :( Please, Cory :P

+ PSNow! | PSP, PS3, PS2, PSone… » Blog Archive » Increíble comentario acerca de God of War 3 on September 29th, 2007 at 12:10 pm said:

[…] Vía | PlayStation Blog […]

+ kratos_theGOW on September 29th, 2007 at 12:29 pm said:

even mobile gets GOD OF WAR:BETRAYAL

PS3 surely have GOD OF WAR 3

MY BEST DEVELOPERS: DAVID JAFFE and CORY BARLOG

+ kratos_theGOW on September 29th, 2007 at 12:30 pm said:

CORY why DAVID JAFFE leaves SONY???

I am very sad…

+ kratos_theGOW on September 29th, 2007 at 12:36 pm said:

CORY use ur SANTA MONICA studios for GOD OF WAR III.

+ kratos_theGOW on September 29th, 2007 at 12:39 pm said:

may GOD bless DAVID and CORY for giving us GOD OF WAR..

+ aaquib on September 29th, 2007 at 1:23 pm said:

Yeah I hope we see a downloadable version. I signed up, but it just seemed so simple, Im not sure it went through. It didnt ask me any questions at all. I just typed in my email address, and it said you will recieve your demo shortly. Plus I live in Canada, and Im not sure if you ship here.

+ fuzzysquash on September 29th, 2007 at 3:17 pm said:

@ kratos_theGOW:

GOD

+ fuzzysquash on September 29th, 2007 at 3:18 pm said:

@kratos_theGOW:

The GODS are dead because Kratos killed em all.

+ joel on September 29th, 2007 at 3:22 pm said:

Kratos hasnt killed any yet only the god of war. Zeus survived.

+ fuzzysquash on September 29th, 2007 at 3:59 pm said:

I’m just sayin’.

There won’t be any gods left after GoW III.

+ naughtyco on September 29th, 2007 at 5:54 pm said:

Along with the projects from Team Ico, Naughty Dog and Incognito, GoW falls into the “why I’m proud of my PS exclusives” category.

+ reesimo on September 29th, 2007 at 6:39 pm said:

This is great, guys. But um, not to be rude, but if you mailed it by FedEx I could’ve had it today. That’s all I’m saying. Just kidding–I can’t wait to play this demo. I wonder if Sony would consider a God Of War themed PSP. It would sell just like the Crisis Core PSP. At least in the US.

+ Cesar on September 29th, 2007 at 8:07 pm said:

Lets get God of war next year, and cut the price of the PS3 to $399.00
They have two new 360s for the Christmas holidays. The first is a somewhat uninspiring bundle, featuring Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance in a single box With HDMI and 256MB memory card,

+ Cesar on September 29th, 2007 at 8:12 pm said:

Oh yea God of War, Crisis core Final Fantasy 7 are on my MUST buy list for my psp

+ bits bytes pixels & sprites » Archives » Weekend Reading (the beatings will continue till morale improves) on September 29th, 2007 at 9:42 pm said:

[…] God of War for the PSP demo disk: The Special Edition […]

+ kratos_theGOW on September 30th, 2007 at 4:57 am said:

there is no match for GOD OF WAR

+ tirminyl on September 30th, 2007 at 3:42 pm said:

Man. A reason to buy a PSP :-P This will be the 3rd game I have ever beaten. The first two of course are from the same series :-D

+ Shadow Emperor on September 30th, 2007 at 6:40 pm said:

When is it coming out. I live in Michigan, I got all this email stuff on all of about this stuff. I am watching the mail man just in case he steals it. Man i am just watching the mail. When lord when.

+ kurosaki jhon on September 30th, 2007 at 7:44 pm said:

hoo my god, i have been waiting for this day….hee wait… i dont live in UE nooooooo, hoo well i have to wait until the day of release. This game and SHO must have in my hands.

Greetings…

+ XxBigP123xX on September 30th, 2007 at 8:12 pm said:

wow if i dont get this demo this week im going to cry. i just started to play through GOW1 again.

+ harleydon on September 30th, 2007 at 8:32 pm said:

any one know how i can get my hands on that demo?

+ lakaihigh on September 30th, 2007 at 8:44 pm said:

@harleydon – yeah. but you will need to do the following:

1. get a time capsole
2. go back in the past to about 4-5 months ago
3. sign up on the website
4. return to the future and wait by the mailbox

or you could simply see if you can find it on eBay for a reasonable price when we get it, finish playing it, and post it on there.

Peace,
Lh

+ PS3_GAM3R on September 30th, 2007 at 9:23 pm said:

We got the news that the DEMO shipped Sept. 27th. If I don’t get this demo in the mail by Oct. 6th, I will be really MAD!! Don’t make me upset SONY!!!

+ lakaihigh on September 30th, 2007 at 9:32 pm said:

me too dude, me too. I really hope I get it though. I’ve been gettin all these emails from them but none saying that I am actually getting it. HOPE :)

+ kratos_theGOW on October 1st, 2007 at 1:16 am said:

CORY u said in IGN UK GOD OF WAR II interview that GOD OF WAR II is not the last best game on PS2 so give us more…

+ Sweet Gaming - Today’s Top Blog Posts on Games - Powered by SocialRank on October 1st, 2007 at 5:03 am said:

[…] PlayStation.Blog » God of War: Chains of Olympus – Special Edition Demo Disc […]

+ Mellkor on October 1st, 2007 at 5:37 am said:

=o)

+ MasterCharged on October 1st, 2007 at 5:40 am said:

God of War 3 ps3 confirmed!!!

+ kratos_theGOW on October 1st, 2007 at 8:25 am said:

yeah! we know
right CORY??

+ joel on October 1st, 2007 at 3:09 pm said:

THE PS3 WILL BE GETTING GOW 3

The ps2 can suck my for all I care. PS3 NEEDS IT.

BUY A PS3 STUPID CHEAP WHORES

+ orbio234 on October 1st, 2007 at 5:12 pm said:

no other product i know of got the crap beat on it like the ps3 and yet its sold 5 million…the problem was people were unaware how awesome it is and now it’s catching on. today at an electronic store they were sold out…two days ago the same store had 20 on hand

+ orbio234 on October 1st, 2007 at 5:36 pm said:

more good info…the ps3’s all were 80gb with motorstorm at the regular price

+ PS3_GAM3R on October 1st, 2007 at 8:50 pm said:

So today is Monday, I did not get my DEMO yet :(. Maybe tomorrow. I am giving till Friday. I will be back tomorrow to let you guys know if I got it in them!

+ PSPsGTghOost on October 1st, 2007 at 9:09 pm said:

GoW vs. GT mobile… GT mobile. When the hell is it coming out???

+ lakaihigh on October 2nd, 2007 at 9:26 am said:

any1 get their demo yet??? god this is driving me insane! lol

Lh

+ benjiedude on October 2nd, 2007 at 10:51 am said:

No Demo yet. Argh! First the back of the GOW 2 manual says coming 2007, then the demo was announceded to be released 9/07, Finally it’s October 2nd almost 2:00 pm eastern and my mailman didn’t bring me my demo. ARGH!!!!!!!!!

+ orbio234 on October 2nd, 2007 at 11:41 am said:

know the feeling…want something so bad you could taste.it…the greeks said how to deal with the…moderate your expectations.

+ orbio234 on October 2nd, 2007 at 12:05 pm said:

recommend while we are waiting for more good stuff from ps…bill moyers journal….his essay;FOR THE FALLEN

+ benjiedude on October 2nd, 2007 at 1:13 pm said:

Seriously, why has there been no explanation given for the delay? On the back of the GOW 2 manual it said GOWCO was “COMING 2007”. This has never really been addressed. I don’t believe they meant Demo coming 2007, does anyone else?

+ Loucifer on October 2nd, 2007 at 1:38 pm said:

@benjiedude

Sony is not in the business to give explanations/apologies or just Information….they’re in the business of smoke screens/lies and secrets…dont bother asking for info or Sony to clarify something…even if they did…the answer is “We have no information on that”…like they’ve been saying about rumble…which obviously is finally happening…has this “OFFICIAL” blog mentioned anything???…NOPE!!…there are NUMEROUS subjects that could have been discussed on this “OFFICIAL” blog thats been covered on ALL the “UNofficial sites”…just to give you an idea what Sony is about…

also not to sound repetitive but when this blog first started a very known person by the name of PATRICK SEYBOLD said and i quote…

“we promise we’ll quickly make this blog a valuable stop in your daily info hunt for PlayStation news” – June 11 PS BLOG

really?…really Patrick???…then why do we still get ignored and why are there only ONE or MAYBE even TWO updates a week with such BS topics that no one really wants to talk about…the topics we REALLY want information about are NEVER…i repeat…NEVER discussed…like firmware updates…developer updates…no instead we get BS!!!!! like R&C went gold…which doesnt even mean sales #’s…get a grip!

sincerely