PlayStation Experience

Sep 27

God of War: Chains of Olympus – Special Edition Demo Disc

Cory Barlog's Avatar Posted by Cory Barlog on Sep 27, 2007 // Sony Santa Monica Studios

What is up God of War fans? Sorry for the long hiatus but things have been crazy here at Casa De Kratos…much to do. I thought I would come out of my somewhat self imposed media coma to let everyone know that the PSP demo discs are freaking done baby!!! As I type these words, legions of carrier Harpies are being dispatched to deliver the sweet UMD goodness that is God of War: Chains of Olympus – Special edition: Battle of Attica Demo Disc…otherwise know as GOW: COO –SE:BoADD. Good god…that is a freaking mouthful, even typing this abbreviated version makes me tired.

That’s it for now, keeping this one quick. The game is looking absolutely amazing, btw, so I hope everyone enjoys this little taste of portable God of War goodness. As a matter of fact, I think it even got an award for the Best PSP Game, or something like that, at the Leipzig conference.

Alright, back to my work induced hibernation…

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ orbio234 on October 14th, 2007 at 4:21 pm said:

psp old and new is heavily occupies…both on the road and at home. at home last night watched elektra with jennifer…what a ….hOT. THE IMAGES AT COTTAGE WERE S. what they can do with a handheld is..!!!!!!.

+ JCFILTH on October 14th, 2007 at 11:37 pm said:

did anyone pay for this said Demo?no? so stfu!! did they assure that everyone that signed up was going to get it 100%??

+ JCFILTH on October 14th, 2007 at 11:43 pm said:

btw, quality takes time and that’s Sony.

+ lakaihigh on October 15th, 2007 at 12:44 pm said:

@ juanleche – totally agree dude. oh and btw its liar* lol. I want my demo. :( please…

+ ams707 on October 15th, 2007 at 11:53 pm said:

Ya know the fact that not a single GoW rep has posted o anyone from Sony makes me think they caught a bug right before shipping that delayed it, there is no reason after 20+ days in the mail it shouldnt have arrived.

we would have recieved a email about it., like the others in the past for the LIVE CHAT and so forth.

Id have alot more respect for the company if they just admit the beta test has been delayed and/or cancelled.
s**t happens in game design, things come up, but just tell us that, rather than leas us on.

+ C-h-a-o-s on October 16th, 2007 at 1:56 pm said:

@ 205 Well according to PSP Fanboy who contacted Sony they said they shipped it, but no one has received it. They have a poll up that (vote a simple yes or no to receiving the demo) they claim the results will be sent to Sony.

I will continue to check my mail box daily for the demo. All the emails I received didn’t help just made me want it more :D.

+ OPPinoy on October 16th, 2007 at 2:16 pm said:

@ams707: This isn’t a beta test, it’s just an advanced demo, ahead of the general release of the downloadable demo. I’ve seen the demo playing at SCE events on tv, including the one for SCECanada, so the demo does exist. I’m done complaining about something that I’m getting free. As long as I get it before the downloadable demo is made available, I’ll be happy.

+ ron6 on October 18th, 2007 at 2:17 pm said:

I just wanted to let you guys know that i got the demo today and i wanted to know if anyone else did

+ OPPinoy on October 19th, 2007 at 5:12 am said:

@ron6: Post a link to the pic of the sleeve and the umd.

+ RoAcH2285 on October 19th, 2007 at 6:01 pm said:

Yeah guys I got my Demo today also and guess what…they even gave us a collectors item:A God of War Lanyard for your PSP.I really wasn’t expecting that.I just checked the mail so I haven’t had a chance to play the demo yet.Ron6 is telling the truth and I would put a pic up but I don’t have a digital camera ( yet ), sorry.I hope you guys get your demo soon, PeAcE.

+ RoAcH2285 on October 19th, 2007 at 6:05 pm said:

Oh yeah, ams707 they did ship the demo it was the postal services fault it took so long.So you quit thinking of Sony as just a bunch of bastards.Thanks for the Demo and the Lanyard Sony.

+ RoAcH2285 on October 19th, 2007 at 7:53 pm said:

Ok, I played the Demo and like I expected its awesome. You can really see the untapped 333 mhz in this title. For the PSP the graphics in GOD:COO are simply amazing. Its not only beautiful but its fun and challenging. I think anyone who plays this demo will enjoy it.

+ RoAcH2285 on October 19th, 2007 at 7:55 pm said:

I meant GOW:COO.

+ ron6 on October 19th, 2007 at 10:11 pm said:

I hope when the game comes out they have a god of war psp bundle

+ ams707 on October 21st, 2007 at 4:48 am said:

still no disc

+ lakaihigh on October 21st, 2007 at 1:57 pm said:

yeah me too :( where is it??? i want that demo and that lanyard!!! that is soo awesome.

+ ams707 on October 22nd, 2007 at 8:26 pm said:

Just bought the new Slim DAXTER silver PSP, so that means i now have NEW and OLD, and still no demo disc… i think people are full of it that said they got it.

+ neospike on October 22nd, 2007 at 10:11 pm said:

Please say we Canadians can get this demo disc! Pls!!!

+ Runningflame570 on October 22nd, 2007 at 10:24 pm said:

Where is my freaking GoW:CoO Special Edition Demo? I only received the confirmation email months ago and have already had to deal with it being pushed back once, would you like my Playstation Underground account details?

What the heck do I have to do here guys? I’ve bought near 100 PS1, PS2, and PSP games and have been on different Sony systems since 1995..what do I need to do to get the freaking demo?

+ RoAcH2285 on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:22 pm said:

@ ams707
I got the demo and I wish I had a digital camera to prove it.But just trust me I got mine either yours is late or somethings wrong I don’t know.I just got mine Saturday so its probably still coming.

Heres a link to some guys who have already hacked the demo and got a whole extra boss battle I can’t seem to find in the game unless its that one door at the end I can’t seem to open without getting killed.

+ lakaihigh on October 23rd, 2007 at 10:13 am said:

i hope mine comes today :) here’s to wishing!!!

+ lakaihigh on October 23rd, 2007 at 1:28 pm said:

this is truly heart breaking… yet again no demo disc came :( I’m starting to believe that I’m not going to be getting one… that is so wierd though because I received a confirmation email and I have been getting all of the update emails about the demo yet I still haven’t gotten mine. For those of you who got yours do you live in Florida? Is it that you live closer to where the demo discs were being shipped from or something? maybe that’s why mine is taking so long to get here… If any1 would respond that would be awesome. thanks guys. I guess I’ll just have to keep holding on cuz I’m on the verge of tears. lol but seriously i want it really bad and I also want that $15 dollar coupon for the new psp cuz then I’ll go out and get one. Please send…

+ neospike on October 23rd, 2007 at 2:05 pm said:

I signed up for the demo within the first 15 mins that the signup was offered.

I got the page that said that I had qualified for the demo.

I don’t recall if I received an email saying it would be sent.

Still, I know other people in Toronto that applied after me and they’ve received them.

If I don’t get this, I’m going to be upset.

+ lakaihigh on October 23rd, 2007 at 2:14 pm said:

@neospike – true that dude… that’s exactly how I feel. I really want mine. but I almost have no hope of getting one now :(

+ ValTronZero on October 23rd, 2007 at 4:02 pm said:

Anybody in North West Florida get their demo yet?!? Oh yeah…

@lakaihigh: You sound REAL pathetic in post #222.

+ RoAcH2285 on October 23rd, 2007 at 7:59 pm said:

I got my demo like I said and I live in North Georgia.How did you know about the $15 coupon lakaihigh? I forgot to mention it.Anyway hope you get your demo thats why I keep checking this old ass post.PeAcE

+ lakaihigh on October 23rd, 2007 at 9:01 pm said:

@ValTronZero – dude I know… my life revolves around this. LOL yeah I know I don’t know why I keep coming back to this but I guess its for some kind of hope. maybe we will get ours tomorrow

@RoAcH2285 – you are amongst the few that are extremely lucky bro. I hope that you play that hell out of that demo as I wish that I could be. I saw all of the contents of the package online and it made me want it EVEN more. send some love dude, tell us how it is. I heard that you can unlock a bonus level on the demo… you should try this out –

+ ams707 on October 24th, 2007 at 2:10 am said:

Ya well you mysteriously getting your demo and the rest of us not getting ours. your just soo lucky, its almost unbelievable…..wait, i dont. we all got the emails. ivec recieved many things from Sony in the mail so i know they got my address right, IM IN CALIFORNIA, and yet somehow, you in Georgia, its increadable. out of ALL the demos they mailed out, just you, we outta rub you for luck…

IT HAS BEEN A MONTH IN THE MAIL. get over it. they never shipped!!!

+ OPPinoy on October 24th, 2007 at 11:56 pm said:

I received every email, and I haven’t gotten my demo. I all but accused my mail(woman) of stealing mine, yesterday. I’m in the suburbs of Jacksonville, FL. If anyone else in my area has gotten theirs, speak up so I can know whether or not to investigate/accuse further. I’ve seen numerous pics of the demo packs that people got, so I doubt anyone here is lying if they say they got theirs.

+ RoAcH2285 on October 25th, 2007 at 8:37 am said:

Get over yourself they shipped the F**king demo.I swear on my f**king life I got the God of War demo for the PSP.I really don’t care if you believe me.I agree somethings wrong that you haven’t got your demo yet and I’m sorry but please trust me I GOT THE DEMO.Sony shipped it,so whatever the problem is it has something to do with the postal service.I’m going to call some friends and see if I can’t borrow a digital camera to prove my good name.I can’t f**king stand being called a liar.I hope you get your demo,sincerely RoAcH.

+ consoleer » Blog Archive » Not Balrog: God Of War PSP Demo Done, Shipping Out on October 25th, 2007 at 10:05 am said:

[…] if you were lucky enough to sign up and get one, start watching that mailbox of yours. Like a hawk. God of War: Chains of Olympus – Special Edition Demo Disc […]

+ C-h-a-o-s on October 25th, 2007 at 12:44 pm said:

I hope the south gets the demo. I have only seen people post from the east and west coast, that they received theirs.

+ lakaihigh on October 25th, 2007 at 1:11 pm said:

I dunno dude I live in O-Town Florida and I haven’t seen sh*t. I don’t know if we’re going to get it. yet another day passes and my psp is yearning for some GoW.

+ ams707 on October 27th, 2007 at 2:20 am said:

Ya, today marks exactly one month in the mail. ya, only ONE post of someone getting thier demo, I believe you. P.s. loverly language. Do you kiss your PSP with that mouth.

+ chainlink13 on October 27th, 2007 at 12:21 pm said:

I just got my demo copy a couple of days ago. Finally played it. It comes with a nice omega cell phone strap thingy.

+ El Dojo Gamer » Blog Archive » Videos de God of War: Chains Of Olympus on October 31st, 2008 at 10:19 pm said:

[…] a la PSP el 8 de Marzo del 2008. El trabajo está a cargo de Ready at Down, quienes hace unos días anunciaron que ya están enviando demos del juego a quienes se registraron en la pagina. Como era de […]

PAGE 1 3 4 5