Far Cry 4

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Sep 27, 2007 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi, everyone. It’s time for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

We have two great PS3 demos this week:
• Clive Barker’s Jericho
• NBA 2K8

We also have a couple more add-ons. The first is a new vehicle for MotorStorm. This vehicle, the “Castro Capitano,” is not offered in any other MotorStorm bundle, and it’s only $0.99. There’s also a new Speed Master add-on for Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

As usual, we released more game videos and movie trailers:
• NBA 08 Upside Progression System tutorial
• Eye of Judgement Overview
• Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock trailer
• Iron Man trailer
• We Own the Night trailer

Enjoy!

189 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ tielo on September 27th, 2007 at 10:53 am said:

Nice, want to know how Jericho plays

+ DarKaoZ on September 27th, 2007 at 10:55 am said:

No PES08 DEMO? Awwwwwww… I wanted to play it on the PS3… oh well… maybe next week.

Anyways, can you guys upload any of the 2 new DMC4 trailers in HD? I should love to see them on my PS3.

+ C-h-a-o-s on September 27th, 2007 at 10:55 am said:

Just throwing this out there, how about a store on the PC like Japan has? I am sure the non PS3 owners like my self would greatly appreciate it.

+ SpaceKeesie on September 27th, 2007 at 10:57 am said:

Damn, nice update but seriously what a let down…another week without the PES2008 demo…

ok that it isn’t on the US store, but seriously what is up with that UK/EU store….the Xbox owners already got that freakin demo friday last week…and we have to wait more than one week to get that same demo???? Seriously someone needs to step up and do something about SCEE

+ fsan85 on September 27th, 2007 at 10:59 am said:

2K8 finally. Thank You.

+ brambler on September 27th, 2007 at 11:00 am said:

Not the most exciting update ever. But if this had been an update back in like March, we would have been going crazy. 2 Demos!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

+ RobinNL on September 27th, 2007 at 11:00 am said:

Great update! but it cant beat the rumored Killzone 2 BETA update…… guess I could’ve seen this coming.

+ alballam on September 27th, 2007 at 11:01 am said:

when is PES 2008 demo :(

+ Cagalli on September 27th, 2007 at 11:01 am said:

That rumored Killzone 2 thing is fake, btw. Finally a non-sports related game demo. ;) And also, I second the motion of getting those new Devil May Cry 4 trailers up in HD.

+ Zaku on September 27th, 2007 at 11:02 am said:

Looking forward to Jericho, Iron Man trailer, and the EoJ trailer :)

@ 4:

SCEE seems to be out there when it comes to their store. SCEA and SCEJ seem to be on the ball with content but SCEE always is putting up content afterwards or puts up little to nothing when they do. The common reason I’ve heard is because of multiple languages/laws they have over there.

+ Cagalli on September 27th, 2007 at 11:03 am said:

With #10, there could also be some issues getting the content licensed over there.

+ night_sign on September 27th, 2007 at 11:04 am said:

Pes2008 demo?

+ RoAcH2285 on September 27th, 2007 at 11:05 am said:

I said over N4G.com I didn’t think there would be a Killzone 2 multiplayer beta.I’m so surprised I was right……not.Don’t worry I don’t blame Sony, that was a stupid prediction for game thats way to far away from release, not that I’m not looking forward to it though.This wasn’t the best update but we’ve got some pretty good ones lately.Anyway Thanks.

+ Destroyer41139 on September 27th, 2007 at 11:06 am said:

Another nice update ps store team keep it up!!

+ Cagalli on September 27th, 2007 at 11:07 am said:

Stop begging for demos… we have been getting them for every week straight for the past two months now. We did get Jericho day and date with the PC/Xbox versions to you know. The reason the PES2008 demo isn’t up this week is because the publisher probably didn’t send it yet.

+ joel on September 27th, 2007 at 11:08 am said:

Were are the ps1 andPSN games??!?!

+ Praneeth on September 27th, 2007 at 11:08 am said:

Where’s the PES demo? XBox got it a week ago??

+ MrCamo on September 27th, 2007 at 11:09 am said:

Awesome demos I cannot wait to get “Home” and download them. Wondering if anybody has asked for the ability to “Point” one buddy to another, so we do not need to tell everybody who buys a PS3 the exact spelling of each of our friends? It seems like a great way to get 1 up on the other guys.

+ Totao on September 27th, 2007 at 11:11 am said:

hopefully the 2k8 demo is longer that nba live

+ Praneeth on September 27th, 2007 at 11:11 am said:

At least a reason for the delayed Pro Evolution Soccer demo would be nice…. Aren’t we supposed to be the lead platform for PES?

+ singularity0821 on September 27th, 2007 at 11:12 am said:

EU got:

Folklore Demo (again…)
Sega Rally Demo
Motorstorm: Capitano & Varjack cars
Ninja Gaiden: Master of speed
Warhawk & Heavenly Sword wallpapers
Feel Ski Trailer
inFamous trailer
PES 2008 trailer

+ SpaceKeesie on September 27th, 2007 at 11:14 am said:

lol, I don’t believe Sony didn’t get the demo yet…Konami confirmed they sent the demo to Microsoft and Sony on the same time…

so please, SCEA/SCEE when will we get that PES 2008 demo?

+ Kamahl on September 27th, 2007 at 11:17 am said:

the update is ok, not as cool as the last ones but its still ok.

+ hgll on September 27th, 2007 at 11:18 am said:

I can’t belive there is no pro evo demo! this is just stupid, konami said they sent the demo a week ago!

+ Oompa on September 27th, 2007 at 11:20 am said:

Yay! We get to try out Jericho! Now if Sony could get us Unreal Tournament III Demo/Uncharted Demo/MGS4 Demo/LBP Beta/Home Beta by the end of 2007 I think we would all be very happy :)

+ Praneeth on September 27th, 2007 at 11:21 am said:

No, we will not be all happy. At least until we get the PES 2008 demo… It’s not too late… :S

+ 40cal on September 27th, 2007 at 11:21 am said:

Clive Barker’s Jericho and the Eye of Judgement Overview is good stuff. And yes we want more PSone games put on the PSN. The first Warhawk would be nice along with MGS, and FFVII. thanks

+ SpaceKeesie on September 27th, 2007 at 11:21 am said:

please answer my question SCEE/SCEA:

why don’t we have the PES2008 demo yet? and when will we get it ?

+ StormLord on September 27th, 2007 at 11:22 am said:

yay! more new stuff for motorstorm

+ TwinsDad on September 27th, 2007 at 11:23 am said:

Thank you for letting us know what the store is going to have.

It sucks, but I love knowing what is coming out so don’t stop posting.

+ PSPMAN07 on September 27th, 2007 at 11:24 am said:

I am seriously let down by this update, yet again HVB makes it on the coming soon list (Two weeks ago now; First time it landed on the list it was back in July) yet no HVB. This is ridiculous, I’m all for waiting, but don’t continue to say it’s coming soon, when the date is far off. I’m a Sony Fan, but I’m starting to get a little weary of the Playstation Store. Not many games have been released, and when they are they have problems. Demos are cool, but I much rather see full games worth playing than to keep playing a demo.

+ foolio_67 on September 27th, 2007 at 11:24 am said:

I look froward to trying out Jericho.

+ Kratos_ate_Snake on September 27th, 2007 at 11:26 am said:

cool update….

there sure are lots of basketball demos… lol

+ hnbeanz on September 27th, 2007 at 11:26 am said:

Wheres the PES2008 demo that was handed over to Sony by Konami well over a week ago?
360 & PC owners already have one, typical Sony, make PS3 owners wait again.

This is really beginning to suck.

+ brambler on September 27th, 2007 at 11:27 am said:

Ratchet & Clank demo is next week!!!!

Paying for individual vehicles does not appeal to me. I will not purchase that one

+ scott on September 27th, 2007 at 11:29 am said:

when will we get demos 4 the hard core games on the way in november

+ SpaceKeesie on September 27th, 2007 at 11:29 am said:

@ hnbeanz:

I don’t think this really has anything to do with SCEA, because they are not supposed to get the PES2008 demo up on the US store. The PES2008 demo is only meant for UK/EU(/AUS?)….so it is typical that SCEE let us wait again. I would really like to see SCEE working a little harder; to release demos on the same time as US demo, and release demos for EU region on time, and release games not long after released in US.

+ Griffo on September 27th, 2007 at 11:33 am said:

What the hell happened to the MGS4 and MGO videos being uploaded!? ffs. I don’t care about any of this other stuff.

+ Cagalli on September 27th, 2007 at 11:36 am said:

Metal Gear videos are next Thursday according to the latest Kojima Productions podcast.

+ theydidntnameme on September 27th, 2007 at 11:37 am said:

How long after this blog is updated does the store itself actually update? I was under the impression reading this that the nba 2k8 demo was up, but the store hasn’t even updated it. How much longer after the blog posts does the store update???

+ Destroyer41139 on September 27th, 2007 at 11:40 am said:

@41 another 3-5 hours usually

+ theydidntnameme on September 27th, 2007 at 11:42 am said:

Ahhhh!!!!!!!!! 3-5 hours… need nba 2k8 now…………….. :(

+ TheClassicalGod on September 27th, 2007 at 11:43 am said:

I’m just happy to get another shooter out in the mix, now that I know what’s out today… mind explaining where it is? lol

And slightly relevant to updates.. You can’t tell me that the fix to the screw up from last month counts as a firmware update for this month. I’m wrong, right?

+ Gorvi on September 27th, 2007 at 11:43 am said:

This update is something of a letdown compared to what we’ve had the past few weeks. You guys had a good pace going, it’s a little sad to see you break that. Oh well.

Anyway, how much is the Ninja Gaiden content going for? The price isn’t stated in your post.

+ RandomEarthling on September 27th, 2007 at 11:44 am said:

Give us the demos that were at TGS for MGS4, Echochrome and DMC4.

On a side note, where’s the special edition of Stranglehold?

+ Mana Knight on September 27th, 2007 at 11:47 am said:

Please everyone, don’t complain about PES 2008 here. This blog is SCEA, not SCEE (SCEE has nothing to do with this blog). The U.S. won’t get a demo for a while because we won’t get the game for a while.

Not a bad update this week.

+ Al2x on September 27th, 2007 at 11:48 am said:

WOW. Hello, can you make some Motorstorm stuff free? We pretty much payed for half a game, and now we’re paying $7+ for some add ons. Throw us a bone.

+ Loucetios on September 27th, 2007 at 11:49 am said:

nice, will have to download jericho and the trailers after class, nice update, but try to bring us killzone 2 beta! that would be awesome and make every ps3 gamer happy for awhile!

+ jonabbey on September 27th, 2007 at 11:50 am said:

It seems strange for PSN to continue to promote Paramount movie trailers (like Iron Man, cool as it looks), since Paramount decided not to support PS3 owners with any further Blu-Ray movie releases.

The Iron Man isn’t a trailer for anything we’ll get in high-def, it’s just something we can go out to see at a theater, or buy on DVD.

Why continue to support Paramount in this way?

+ scorpio on September 27th, 2007 at 11:50 am said:

woohooo, I got my PS3 a few days ago…These updates are really sweet….

PAGE 1 2 3 4