PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Sep 27, 2007 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi, everyone. It’s time for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

We have two great PS3 demos this week:
• Clive Barker’s Jericho
• NBA 2K8

We also have a couple more add-ons. The first is a new vehicle for MotorStorm. This vehicle, the “Castro Capitano,” is not offered in any other MotorStorm bundle, and it’s only $0.99. There’s also a new Speed Master add-on for Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

As usual, we released more game videos and movie trailers:
• NBA 08 Upside Progression System tutorial
• Eye of Judgement Overview
• Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock trailer
• Iron Man trailer
• We Own the Night trailer

Enjoy!

189 Comments

+ SpaceKeesie on September 27th, 2007 at 11:51 am said:

@48:

well then I complain at the main side of Sony of why SCEE doesn’t have its own blog…that’s just stupid…NA gets a blog, and we don’t…and we can’t complain here about SCEE problems…pfff

+ AwRy108 on September 27th, 2007 at 11:53 am said:

…and yet another week with NO PSOne / PSX games… …WTF SONY? Do you LIKE not making any money?

+ frito on September 27th, 2007 at 11:53 am said:

Glad there are at least some demos, but I have to ask-

Don’t get me wrong, I am glad there is at least something new on the PSN, but man! I’m tired of paying for add-on stuff that the same type of stuff is free on the “other” systems network…

A $1.00 for a new car?

I mean, it’s just some 3-D studio Max template you are uploading and charging for…add on stuff should be free for the loyal fans to keep support alive on servers! Or let us make our own cars and upload them to race!!!

If we have to shell out $$$ for every so-so small add-on stuffs for each game, people will just go “meh” and not buy them…

BUT! If small add-ons like this are free and heavily publicized as such, it could help breathe new life into existing titles that , shall we say, have started to thin out on the servers…! It can keep us interested and playing our PS3′s instead of other options!

Cmon! It’ll work for sure!

We can all see the add-ons are just dollar signs to you all now, as the PS3 is lagging in sales…EVOLVE the add-ons, and make them into GREAT PUBLICITY!!!!

My 2cents.

and…I have to mirror what has already been said-

Where are all the PSOne games for PSN?!?!?

I mean, such a huge library of games…not utilized!!

The Wii has their old NES games, SNes, N64, Genesis, Turbografx-16 and others…

Just don’t price them more than $5.00!!!!!

I just want the PS3 to be the best!

+ Solace on September 27th, 2007 at 11:57 am said:

@52 jonabbey
I thought that the Paramount-HDDVD deal was for an 18 month “timed exclusive” for HD-DVDs. Maybe i’m wrong or misread that, and if so, then you’re totally right about it being weird.

I’m lookin’ forward to seeing how Jericho turned out (it’s nice that we got it day-and-date with “the box”) and interested to see how 2K8 stands up to the other basketball demos. Currently, I’m leaning towards NBA08 because it was easier to play, IMO. Either way, two demos with totally different gameplay styles is totally fine with me. I remember the days when we didn’t get ANY demos and people complained that they wanted more. Oh wait, they still are…

+ KnaveX on September 27th, 2007 at 11:59 am said:

I agree with frito.
Anyway next week: Ratchet and Clank!
(Praying for LBP someday)

+ Zoibie on September 27th, 2007 at 12:05 pm said:

@SpaceKeesie

i completely agree. The -3 week late- demos are nice and all but the EU store has only had 1 game in the past 2+ months! Where is Blast Factor and Piyotama and Pixeljunk! I know PSN games don’t seem like much to most of you vut i like the experience of buying it and then playing it for the first time and getting completely hooked!

+ reyoz on September 27th, 2007 at 12:06 pm said:

WHERE IS MY PES 2008 DEMO?????????????????????

+ nmc75 on September 27th, 2007 at 12:15 pm said:

Thanks for the update. As a heads-up for the community, JPN PS Store has TGS 2007 videos to download as well.

+ PS3_GAM3R on September 27th, 2007 at 12:17 pm said:

I just knew that NBA 2K8 had to come out this week. NBA LIVE 08, and NBA 08 came out, now they save the BEST FOR LAST….NBA 2K8. I am so happy!!

+ Thwip on September 27th, 2007 at 12:17 pm said:

Man do I need a abbreviation legend or what? It took me 20+ posts to figure out what PES2008 was. Can you posters please try and type out the full text of an abbreviation if your the first one to be posting it? I don’t often comment on forums; I just enjoy reading them…but some of the lingo…wow!

PS – Nice update guys…Thanx!

+ Cukornad on September 27th, 2007 at 12:20 pm said:

Ez nevetséges bazdmeg,hogy xboxra már száz éve van PES2008 demo,ezen a szaron meg semmiq Rohadjon meg ez a szar playstation!!!! Xbox ezerszer jobb. Kössz.

+ cell989 on September 27th, 2007 at 12:22 pm said:

where are the ps1 games???Can anyone else relate to gaming nostalgia?

+ mp7a1mobsta on September 27th, 2007 at 12:26 pm said:

go motorstorm vehicles!!!! give us more vehicles and more tracks!!!!! ive been waiting ver anxiously for jericho it should be sweet.. cant wait to play it when i get home later

+ Cagalli on September 27th, 2007 at 12:28 pm said:

Just so some of you know, Ratchet & Clank demo is out next week. A Metal Gear Solid 4 English demo is being made now. AND Home beta updated today and the update is live. So there you go.

+ slomo788 on September 27th, 2007 at 12:30 pm said:

Bravo, Sony! Bravo! Keep’em coming baby! Oh and nice job at TGS too. We would have loved it if some features were available this year *cough rumble*coughHome*cough* but it’s all good. Now make sure Uncharted is AAA and we’ll have a great Xmas with it and UTIII.

+ aaquib on September 27th, 2007 at 12:34 pm said:

Aw man, not updated yet :(

Why don’t you Europeans complain to ThreeSpeech? I dont think SCEA will read this and give SCEE a call to get more demos up. The content is created by the publishers and if they don’t want to release it in every territory, Sony can’t force them.

+ darklinksv on September 27th, 2007 at 12:38 pm said:

demo pes 2008??

+ lakaihigh on September 27th, 2007 at 12:46 pm said:

Thanks for another great update! Def gonna d/l Jericho and Iron Man!

Lh

+ Dragonopt1 on September 27th, 2007 at 12:52 pm said:

So it’s now 1pm pst my time and was wondering how long does it take to update in the PSN store?

+ theydidntnameme on September 27th, 2007 at 12:57 pm said:

@75

they say it updates at 6pm EST so it will be here at 3pm west coast time, so in 2 hours we’ll have it.

+ Dragonopt1 on September 27th, 2007 at 1:01 pm said:

thanks for the reply can’t wait to play jericho and kill some stuff :)

+ theydidntnameme on September 27th, 2007 at 1:04 pm said:

I can’t wait for NBA 2K8!!!!!!!! Cmon 2 more hours!!!

+ KnaveX on September 27th, 2007 at 1:08 pm said:

Wait Cagalli r u serious, how do you know about the demo being made for mgs4, give me a source please. (And to stay on topic) Umm yeah nice update woohoo 2K8 yeah Chris Jericho oh yeah.

+ axle911 on September 27th, 2007 at 1:14 pm said:

people are complaining about a doller for the motor storm udate in the uk we have to pay £2.00 witch is 4 dollers

+ MUGEN02 on September 27th, 2007 at 1:23 pm said:

can you start updating the store at midnight thursday, you did a great job releasing Warhawk at midnight why can’t you do the same for normal ps store updates. instead of waiting around in the afternoon for the store to be updated everyone could have checked out the ps store before they go to work or school and have the things downloaded when they get back home.

thanks for the update.

+ theydidntnameme on September 27th, 2007 at 1:26 pm said:

Yea, I’m to used to world of warcraft. They do updates and maintenance early in the morning, often times everything would be done before I even wake up.. but here I’m stuck hoping I can play a new demo today before I have to go to work…

+ PS3_123106 on September 27th, 2007 at 1:27 pm said:

Personally I would really like to see something from Soul Calibur 4. A few HD pictures or a trailer.

+ fuzzbuns on September 27th, 2007 at 1:50 pm said:

@ 85
Soul Calibur 4′s already slated for PS3. There’s a video up on the PS store.

+ aaquib on September 27th, 2007 at 1:53 pm said:

2Pounds for a Motorstorm car? THATS $4 DUDE. SCEE is completely useless, WOW. 4X the price, when EU barely gets any content and everything costs more even after VAT and all that. Im not going to believe that there were 400% taxes on a “digital car.” Worst is that one of the reasons Motorstorm got a low reading was because of the extremly low content so instead Sony charges for cars and backward maps. Sony is starting to rip us off more than Micrsoft.

+ Tidus on September 27th, 2007 at 2:07 pm said:

We want PS Store on PC in US and Europe :(

+ Loki_344 on September 27th, 2007 at 2:07 pm said:

Decent update. Thanks.

+ frito on September 27th, 2007 at 2:17 pm said:

geez i’ve been waitingall day for these demos to finally be uploaded to PSN…

how about updating the store Wednesday night/Thursday morning while the world sleeps, so we can wake up to gaming goodness with our pop-tarts?

+ XxBigP123xX on September 27th, 2007 at 2:18 pm said:

you can take that $0.99 and shove it! if we have the revenge weekend pack we should get this for free! load of crap!

and where the hell is the store on PC for the US?

+ orbio234 on September 27th, 2007 at 2:34 pm said:

wow…that solace is a 2lst century person and then there are some still in the …oh you know way way back before civilization

+ gamesblow on September 27th, 2007 at 2:36 pm said:

How about that Bowling game we’ve been promised for about 10 months now??? Oh well… Good on you for getting us Barkers’s Jericho the same day as 360… A first is a first, even when it’s not worth being 1st.

+ metalhead32 on September 27th, 2007 at 2:38 pm said:

Nice update guys. Would be nice if people would stop whining about how they didn’t get the demo they want. I guess they expect to get everything in one week.

+ silentmatt on September 27th, 2007 at 2:40 pm said:

new rule: can you post these updates at some time near when you actually upload them to the server?

this blog post went up like 6 hours ago and the store STILL hasn’t updated. that is just lame. as is quitting your game to check every hour or so because you can’t access the XMB in-game.

I personally prefer to visit the store and be surprised, then read more about what is there on the blog afterwards. Posting about it so far in advance kind of ruins both experiences.

+ Tidus on September 27th, 2007 at 2:40 pm said:

Solace -> I couldn’t agree more with you :)

WE WANT PS STORE ON PC!!!!!!!!

+ P_tear_griffin on September 27th, 2007 at 2:42 pm said:

Can’t wait to play Jericho! Funny, I’m not ticked at the $1 motorstorm add-on. However, I’m upset at having to pay for an add-on on NG sigma when the add-ons were supposedly free on the xbox game. To add further insult, the sequal is exclusive to another system! Anyway, thanks for the demo games and other stuff!

+ theydidntnameme on September 27th, 2007 at 2:43 pm said:

I agree with 106 (silentmatt). It’s kind of annoying to see them post about ‘whats new on the ps store today’ then when we go to it theres nothing new on it, even 6 hours after they made the announcement.

+ Danny on September 27th, 2007 at 2:43 pm said:

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock……. U kno what pisses me off, u cant play the old GH on ps3 with the new wireless guitar. you need to team up with Activision and RedOctane and make it happen please. no backwards capabilty, that pisses me off a ton

+ reesimo on September 27th, 2007 at 2:46 pm said:

Hey, guys. When can we expect some of the awesome videos shown at TGS? Sony was on the ball with this year’s E3, where’s the TGS love?

+ aaquib on September 27th, 2007 at 2:47 pm said:

@111

They should be coming next week.

+ subbed on September 27th, 2007 at 2:51 pm said:

Decent update keep’em coming. I can tell the demo process is going a little faster but if you could streamline it even more it would be most appreciated. If you could please push for Ubi for a demo of Haze and AC that would be great! Hope to see some of those first party game demos soon. Oh and like the broken record in these blogs please add more PSX games.

Any chance someone is working on making the store better? To me its ugly (there are more colors than blue) and not well designed for the sixaxis. It clunky to move around in with the controller.

+ crmgs on September 27th, 2007 at 2:57 pm said:

worst update ever..everybody was waiting for pes..sorry guys ur seriously getting owned by box so badly..trailers r [DELETED]..there is something called youtube and nobody cares about ur hd 1 min.trailers

+ crmgs on September 27th, 2007 at 3:07 pm said:

go to youtube and watch ur mgs over and over..where is pes demo?

+ theydidntnameme on September 27th, 2007 at 3:08 pm said:

Store now updated.

+ saunderswan on September 27th, 2007 at 3:09 pm said:

Great update for EU store better than the last 6 months worth but the american store had most of that stuff weeks ago but its a step in the right direction now if only they could keep up with the American PS store.

SCEA please help us with this you guy’s n gal’s rock

great American store update nice work ;)

+ HebrewHammer on September 27th, 2007 at 3:11 pm said:

I need no lectures on games that are coming out. I know the industry like the back of my hand, and if there is one game to help holiday sales, its MGS4 which will come out in early 08′. GOW3 wont selll consoles this early, GTPrologue Its about time we showed the Xbox 360 fanboys our “Killer App”. MGS4 will be it, and we need to capitalize on that. Resistance came very close, but when i see mGS4, i see a bright future for PS3. Which is why we need to show as many people as we can. Thus, we need to put it on the store.