PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Sep 27, 2007 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi, everyone. It’s time for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

We have two great PS3 demos this week:
• Clive Barker’s Jericho
• NBA 2K8

We also have a couple more add-ons. The first is a new vehicle for MotorStorm. This vehicle, the “Castro Capitano,” is not offered in any other MotorStorm bundle, and it’s only $0.99. There’s also a new Speed Master add-on for Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

As usual, we released more game videos and movie trailers:
• NBA 08 Upside Progression System tutorial
• Eye of Judgement Overview
• Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock trailer
• Iron Man trailer
• We Own the Night trailer

Enjoy!

189 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ saunderswan on September 28th, 2007 at 9:39 pm said:

and to everyone on here that keeps tellin Europeans to complain to SCEE
i dont know if you have noticed but it DOES SAY AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE (FOR PLAYSTATION FANS!) it does’nt say (FOR AMERICAN PLAYSTATION FANS)

+ Nathan Hale on September 28th, 2007 at 10:45 pm said:

Well, it is nice to see a trailer for Ironman. However, this doesn’t hide the fact that Paramount dropped its support for Blu-ray and gone exclusive HD-DVD. This is biggest blow for PS3/Blu-ray player owners like us as one of anticipated title, “Transformers” would not release in Blu-ray. (Paramount also owns the Ironman film)

+ lakaihigh on September 29th, 2007 at 9:06 pm said:

No sweat Nathan Hale! If Paramount doesn’t wisen up and switch back between now and December then yeah we will be in a fret. They could make soooo much more profit by switching back to blu or if they simply went back to doing both but they’ve got their heads so far up their as*ses that they can’t see the light of day! When push comes to shove I’ll simply buy it on DVD and and enjoy it being upconverted to 1080p on my PS3. You know that’s why Spielberg made the 360 a decepticon right? hahaha

Lh

+ blakfiya on September 30th, 2007 at 7:10 am said:

Three questions: Why is home being pushed back to 2008?, I thought unreal tournament 3 was a ps3 “exclusive” so why is it launching on the 360 as well? also you say that the cell is a powerhouse so why don’t you stop poking around with us and show it’s true power? I don’t know about you guys but im tired of getting my ass wooped by microsoft.

+ lakaihigh on September 30th, 2007 at 9:49 am said:

@ blakfiya – they are still in the works of perfecting Home, working out all the bugs and tweaking things. I think that they are mostly trying to collect information from the beta testers. I’ve heard that they are slowly opening up the home beta to more users until they finally have their product ready. Unreal Tournament 3 was announced as a PS3 exclusive probably 1-2 years ago. Its “exclusive” in the sense that we are getting it this year with much more content then the 360 will ever see. Nonetheless though xbox gets it some time later next year. Probably Q1 or Q2 2008. Devs are still learning the potential of the PS3 but I don’t know if we will ever see any software that ever completely utilizes the power of the cell.

Peace,
Lh

+ scott on September 30th, 2007 at 8:06 pm said:

will there be a kane&lynch demo
army of two
haze
call of duty 4 …. soon

+ Mellkor on October 1st, 2007 at 6:05 am said:

still waiting for MGS4 Demo…or Devil May Cry 4 Demo…

=o)

+ Spyder-97 on October 1st, 2007 at 8:18 am said:

@Loucifer
I get your analogy, Dennis Miller, but please, do not use an Ethiopian at an all- you-can-eat buffet to make your point. I’m from West Africa and I’m also an American citizen.
There’s poverty all over the world, yes, but that still does not make it disrespectful to use such as an offensive analogy. Feel me, bro?

+ Spyder-97 on October 1st, 2007 at 8:45 am said:

*respectful* not disrespectful.
I wish we can edit our comments after posting them.

+ slomo788 on October 1st, 2007 at 9:32 am said:

Huh… No firmware update in sight?

+ Kratos_ate_Snake on October 1st, 2007 at 10:25 am said:

i wish we got a decent firmware update this week.

+ KnaveX on October 1st, 2007 at 11:15 am said:

Can a patch be released for an early imported Dualshock 3 to rumble with older games, I mean you guys did say it will work with PS2 games… but importers shouldn’t have to wait till march to make it rumble with Motorstorm, Warhawk and Resistance.

+ Loucifer on October 1st, 2007 at 1:18 pm said:

@Spyder-97

LOLOLOLOL….dude dont get me started…this is american humor my friend…and if you took offense to THAT!! then its time to move back

im not here to degrade and belittle people nor have an eceonomical debate of poverty which yes is all over the world…so if you took it as such thats your own issue that you need to workout with yourself or with a therapist…good luck with that :)

@Kratos_ate_Snake

“i wish we got a decent firmware update this week”

wouldnt that be hilarious if they delayed the supposed 2.0 update that everyone ASSumes was coming out for HOME’s supposed launch this month till spring 08 when HOME finally* gets released??

* = please allow 2-3yrs for delivery…all sales final…no refunds or store credit will be issued…date(s) subject to change without notice

LOL

+ Jeff on October 1st, 2007 at 2:17 pm said:

I was just wondering if anyone knows if they are going to make a travel case like they have for the xbox.

+ 40cal on October 1st, 2007 at 2:54 pm said:

@ Jeff

G-Pak makes a PS3 travel case. It works well. I dont think we will see one from Sony though.

+ saunderswan on October 1st, 2007 at 4:52 pm said:

i thought FW3.0 was supposed to have home? not 2.0 which is supposed to have XMB in-game amoung other stuff

+ mk07 on October 1st, 2007 at 5:21 pm said:

Nice I like the Jericho demo, hoping for more titles to show up on the psn store so I can check the games out. Hope you guys come out with some mgs4 or little big planet demos soon

+ Chrason1 on October 1st, 2007 at 7:17 pm said:

Another great update!

+ saunderswan on October 1st, 2007 at 7:37 pm said:

i found this:
Developer: Rockstar North
Publisher: Rockstar
Genre: Action
Format: PLAYSTATION 3
Release date: October 2007
Players: 1
Network play: Network features
Media type: Blu-ray
SOURCE

Notice the release date has this just not been updated or is it comin out this month???

+ orbio234 on October 1st, 2007 at 9:13 pm said:

tiger woods is the man….for us canadians why not a mike weir golf game

+ PSPsGTghOost on October 1st, 2007 at 9:16 pm said:

I would like to see a PSN store update addressing where the hell is GT mobile.

+ Loucifer on October 2nd, 2007 at 5:05 am said:

@saunderswan

the date changed and they havent updated it…the new date is spring 08(march 3 according to gamestop)

+ saunderswan on October 2nd, 2007 at 5:14 am said:

CHEERS loucifer this is what i thought but figured i would check. keep up the good work dude ;)

+ Wisdom Wanderer on October 2nd, 2007 at 12:43 pm said:

Yeah Saunder. I think that was supposed to be GTAIV.

+ naughtyco on October 2nd, 2007 at 1:10 pm said:

I’d like to see release dates in the Playstation Store, so I don’t have to keep checking random websites that I don’t trust (cough, ign, cough).

When are the PSP Core’s released!?

+ blakfiya on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:39 pm said:

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to know what you guys think about killzone 2? what are you guys expecting from the game? me personally, I just want it to be longer that 6hrs to beat and great game play a real halo killer type of game, but please tell me what do all of my fellow ps3 gamers think about it?

+ KnaveX on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:55 pm said:

What happened with Eyedentify?

+ lakaihigh on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:57 pm said:

@ blakfiya – I think its going to be B.A. Quite possibly a Halo killer unlike the preceeding title. But your question is for the Playstation forums not the Playstation blog… You can check there and get a LOT more feedback.

@naughtyco – def agree with you bro, that would be sick. I’ve already seen the black psp core at target and the component cables. I also found the remote today at gamestop. all i have to do now is wait for fridays paycheck hahahah. Do you know if the old mic will work with the new one?

Peace,
Lh

+ orbio234 on October 3rd, 2007 at 12:08 pm said:

is it possible that on this blog we have a post for unrelated items…for e.g. i just purchased billy joes’s the very best of and the slipcase can be recycled. good for you sony.

+ orbio234 on October 3rd, 2007 at 12:10 pm said:

it also brought down the price of the cd

+ orbio234 on October 3rd, 2007 at 12:22 pm said:

no one asked…but anyway….orbio is in memory of my favourite singer roy orbison

PAGE 1 2 3 4