Bloodborne

LAIR Score Now On iTunes!

Ryan Hamlyn's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Hamlyn on Oct 02, 2007 // Associate Producer, SCEA

Lair on iTunes

Hello, it’s Ryan again and I have some exciting news about Lair’s music.

First, it was announced last week that the soundtrack for Lair received a BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) Video Game Award nomination for best Original Score! Hopefully some of you have now unlocked and experienced all of the high-fidelity surround sound music in the Concert Hall within the game’s Extras, and can agree with the nomination. If you haven’t listened to the music in the Concert Hall, you’re really missing out—it’s fantastic in showcasing all of the nuances that John Debney so masterfully weaved into the score.

And second, for those of you that would like to be able to listen to the music outside of the game, we now have Lair’s official soundtrack available on Apple iTunes! Just search for “John Debney Lair” in the iTunes store and it should come right up. I think it’s amazing how different the music sounds outside of the game setting and how well it works on its own, and yet how reminiscent of the game it is and how much it adds to the gameplay experience. Happy listening, and hope you enjoy! (BTW, we’d love to hear about your favorite tracks, so please post comments below letting us know…)

Related Posts:
The LAIR Score: Part One
The LAIR Score: Part Two

86 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Darkendless on October 2nd, 2007 at 3:49 pm said:

excellent

+ Lithgow on October 2nd, 2007 at 3:52 pm said:

This soundtrack was simply amazing. Glad we got it out of game now.

+ zookey on October 2nd, 2007 at 3:54 pm said:

Cool cool, Good job on getting on iTunes!!

+ XxBigP123xX on October 2nd, 2007 at 3:59 pm said:

this game failed…..HORRIBLY

+ xplosneer on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:02 pm said:

@BigP123
But the soundtrack didn’t and personally I like the whole game

+ Random on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:16 pm said:

itunes sucks. LAIR is cool though.

+ Ghostm on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:17 pm said:

Hmmmmmm… Wasn’t that title a complete failure?

+ Federation on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:17 pm said:

Have it go to the PS Store. I have the one and like to see more.

+ derrickgott007 on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:27 pm said:

BORING!

Lets get some real updates on this blog…

What’s new with SOCOM CONFRONTATION??

How about GTA IV??

How about Little Big Planet??

What about PSN Update 2.0??

Quit wasting our time with small time news that no one cares about.

+ derrickgott007 on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:28 pm said:

Just look at your own poll posted on the right….LAIR sucks in the publics opinion….it’s dead last on the poll.

+ frito on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:30 pm said:

i like the idea of having scores come out separately if you really like the music!

great idea!

hopefully it will come to PSN because Itunes is a proprietary DRM ridden mess!

cheers!

+ darktorns on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:34 pm said:

put it on PS Store instead.

Hey Sony, how about an itune like service but your own? its a no brainer. i mean not just music, movies, tv, etc. just like Xbox live.

+ BruceWayneIII on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:35 pm said:

HI Ryan. Thank you for the update and some very good news.

One question though: what are the possibilities of getting the LAIR Score in 5.1 surround sound (Dolby/DTS)? I really think the score derserves it.

+ xplosneer on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:44 pm said:

derrickgott
Duh. It was two days from out when the poll started. You can’t buy a game on release date when it already passed.

+ Cesar on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:46 pm said:

Thats good i see the company is trying to get some money back from the ugly game that i spend my money on and i sold for $30.00 dollars after i pay $60.00 for it ey for you Factor 5 next time that you make a game make sure you pay texters to see if the game is playable, I never going to buy another Factor 5 game in my life. unless it get a 5/5 or 10/10 score because i pre-order that one and it was a disappointment.

+ orbio234 on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:46 pm said:

my favourite track comes from the blu-ray exlusive…bruce springsyeen in dublin…the track is ol dan tucker…..coming up is our thanksgiving weekend..an invite to visit..leaves have changed colour…natures crowning glory

+ zookey on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:47 pm said:

“itunes sucks. LAIR is cool though.”

Hehe I actually keep a CD-RW handy so that, when I download a song from iTunes, I can immediately rip it to the CD-RW and copy it to my PS3–makes it easier using the PS3 as a media hub–which has, in turn, caused me to use my PSP in place of my 30 gig iPod (don’t have NEARLY 30 gigs worth of music I consistently listen too)—sounds complex but combines the convienience of iTunes with the standardized file system and ease-of-use of the PS3–hehe now my iPod is just a 30 gig external HDD–nothing wrong with that though—-

+ fuzzysquash on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:49 pm said:

Sony Computer Entertainment should focus more on making sure a game plays well than making sure it’s got a good score or beautiful graphics.

Lair should not have shipped in its current state. It should have been delayed and polished, and analog controls should have been added.

+ Syd on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:52 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up, I would of never noticed this was on iTunes.

+ Solace on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:53 pm said:

awesome news, Ryan.
nice to know that even people who don’t have a PS3 can still dl the awesome music.

+ zookey on October 2nd, 2007 at 4:53 pm said:

“Yes, Factor 5 is the developer of the game, but Sony shares responsibility because it is in charge of quality control.”

Actually man Sony’s QA dept is only responsible for making sure the game is capable of running on the system, it is up to the studio usually to make sure it is actually playable from a gameplay/entertainment perspective. Although, I agree they could have pressured Factor 5 more to polish it (I am a fan of the Sixaxis, but seeing how most reviewers hated Lair’s motion sensing but loved Wahawk’s I just decided to stick to Warhawk)—much how I think Nintendo should have pressured Ubisoft with RedSteel more—but yeah I would say on a personal note that it would be like 40% Sony could have done more 60% Factor 5 should have beta-tested it more—but that has no bearing on the soundtrack either way.

+ nabokovfan87 on October 2nd, 2007 at 5:01 pm said:

alright kids, lair isnt bad, learn the controls ya nubs. i have no problems and it works fine. the problem is it isnt sensitive enough and you have to over gesture to do the 180, once you figure it out your fine (lock elbows, fly strait, pull controller up to chest while keeping elbows locked.)

+ Herby on October 2nd, 2007 at 5:02 pm said:

I am going to be another person to suggest selling this on the PSN store. Why would you give some of the profits to Apple? This is ridiculous. You already gave away one Lair track away for free on the PSN store so now you know it works. I understand spreading the Lair love to as many people as possible, but also make this available on the PSN store.
I don’t know if this is going to be available on the PSN this Thursday. If it is, than I take back all of the above and instead add, why can’t PS3 owners get this at least the same day as Itunes if not before. I think we deserve that much don’t you think.

+ Daver on October 2nd, 2007 at 5:28 pm said:

Jeez!… people are so not respectful these days…
What about….. people who didnt like the game stfu and go somewhere else?
I know its ironic but its not disrespectful to talk to people who comes here to bash on the game….

Personnaly i liked the music and everything else of this game, it was innovative anyway i dont wanna debate again lol

@Ryan 1 thing i would like to know tho lol, will there be downloadable content or is there a way to unlock another dragon? i tried to find out but like everyone else who has the game, i didnt find anything. thank you

+ Al2x on October 2nd, 2007 at 5:48 pm said:

We have to pay for it? It’s a great idea, I just wish it didn’t cost you anything, if you bought the game.

You guys should put this for free on the PS Store for download.

+ lakaihigh on October 2nd, 2007 at 5:50 pm said:

they actually had Lair on blu ray at eb games today and I got to play the first 5 minutes of the game (waiting on my chinese food a couple stores down) and I have to say it looked awesome!! and it sounded awesome. the controls were sooo easy but yeah it def felt like there was some kind of delay in the controller and it did take me a couple tries to figure out the 180 but within 5 mintues i was tearing up those skies. Now i can finally say that this game is great and tell all you whiners to stfu. I want the game, i just don’t wanna pay 60 dollars for it cuz i have waaaaaaaay too many games that i have to pay for in the next 2 months. well there’s my two cents.

Back on topic, the score for this game is great. sounds alot like debney’s other works though but lair has def got an original theme to it. Everyone should check it out on iTunes and Sony really should put it on their PSN.

Peace,
Lh

+ TristanMike on October 2nd, 2007 at 5:52 pm said:

iTunes !!??? What the hell ? Why isn’t this on the PSN ?? I don’t use Windows or OSX….screw me eh ? Wow….

+ orbio234 on October 2nd, 2007 at 5:58 pm said:

to #25…sony owns a record company hence apple carries many of their artists so it seems natural that they would provide lair soundtrack to apple…its called covering all your bases

+ scott on October 2nd, 2007 at 6:22 pm said:

try adding 2 the ps3 store or psp

+ sectionz on October 2nd, 2007 at 6:32 pm said:

please for the love of kittens everywhere .. do the same thing with the Heavenly Sword sound track!

+ sectionz on October 2nd, 2007 at 6:37 pm said:

i hope this is iTunes plus so i can actually use it with my ps3

+ Jeigh on October 2nd, 2007 at 6:39 pm said:

While I’m not with any of the whiners at the top I do think having the Soundtrack on the PSN or maybe when you launch that music service putting it on there would be a good idea- and discounting it from the iTunes price would be a nice extra incentive. Just let us know if waiting for the OST on PSN will be fruitless or not.

I want to get the OST no question but if I can get it direct from you I’d prefer that.

+ lostboy85 on October 2nd, 2007 at 6:39 pm said:

I’m not entirely sure why but my favorite track is #18 Return to Mokai City, Pt 1.
The entire soundtrack is beautifully written & orchestrated. I look forward to more soundtracks.

+ Herby on October 2nd, 2007 at 6:41 pm said:

@orbio234
Did you read the rest of my comment or just the first sentence?

Later in my comment I stated to make this ALSO available on the PSN.
Just go ahead and read my comment again, and I accept your apology.

+ lakaihigh on October 2nd, 2007 at 6:54 pm said:

pwnd

+ orbio234 on October 2nd, 2007 at 7:03 pm said:

your right #39…i did read all your comment…i enjoy doing that…it would have been better if i said what i really mean…the composer of lair did a fantastic job and my thinking is sony wanted to give him a larger outlet…and as you probably agree he deserves a wide audience…forgive me for not being clearer

+ LiquidMetal14 on October 2nd, 2007 at 7:04 pm said:

Superb.

+ CrimsonCalibur on October 2nd, 2007 at 7:55 pm said:

Thank you so much Sony!

The score for this game was simply brilliant. Beautiful and moving it easily competes with the best Hollywood scores. I loved it and I am very happy you got it out there for us to buy. Perhaps this will open the door up for the Heavenly Sword soundtrack.

+ orbio234 on October 2nd, 2007 at 8:13 pm said:

just checked the john debney profile…the compsed music for many movies including passion of the christ….bruce almighty…sin city…and many more

+ JD-82 on October 2nd, 2007 at 8:14 pm said:

Um…if it’s on iTunes it’s a hell of a lot easier to get on yer ipod rather than farting about with memory cards and crap…having said that it’s only on the US iTunes because the UK market gets bloody shafted AGAIN!!!!!!!

+ azulx3 on October 2nd, 2007 at 9:12 pm said:

ok what is that?!?! ^ that thing that keeps posting in every blog???

+ aggiechase37 on October 2nd, 2007 at 9:13 pm said:

I have an idea. Why don’t you guys just make L2+R2 the 180 instead of the garbage flipping the controller back which even the devs say doesn’t always work? I rented this game and I didn’t have a problem with using the motion to control the dragon but having some controls that are unresponsive is completely inexcusable in this generation. I was looking forward to this game too, but after renting it I took it back to the store before it was due.

+ naughtyco on October 2nd, 2007 at 9:20 pm said:

if it were on the PSN, I could listen to it on my PSP…ever THINK OF THAT?

+ TeethMummy on October 3rd, 2007 at 12:08 am said:

What’s going on with Socom Confrontation? The Lair score is good and all, but the game was severely flawed, and I doubt many of us PS3 owners are really hurting for some good orchestral music.

How about a Socom update? Firmware 2.0? Custom soundtracks? Unreal Tournament 3 delay news? Something?

Give me something to get excited about already.

+ zapruder on October 3rd, 2007 at 1:56 am said:

Nice ..now a Mac OSX PSP theme maker please! so the REAL creative people can make some GOOD themes.

+ Morierr on October 3rd, 2007 at 2:58 am said:

I’m with Zapruder!! I don’t have a PC.
Anyway this should be put on the PSN Store. Great music

+ willywhisky on October 3rd, 2007 at 5:48 am said:

PERFECT!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!

WTF is this? Salt in the wound of the community?

I can’t easily get songs from iTunes onto my PS3.

Wow. This just keeps getting better.

PLEASE START WORKING ON THE MEDIA CAPABILITIES OF THE PS3.

+ Viper7 on October 3rd, 2007 at 7:38 am said:

Hmm well I have heard good things about the music.

Oh btw some of you havent probably yet noticed but:

Check what Famitsu tough about Lair

Lair – 9/7/8/9
(for those who dont know, Famitsu is the most aprecieted gaming magazine in japan)

Guess those japanese arent as narrow minded as american ppl. (Do not take this personaly, there are those who aint just refering to reviewers usualy, and copy cat reviewers)

+ Andy D on October 3rd, 2007 at 7:39 am said:

How about a non Itunes version for those of us who dont use Itunes. How about a PSN version, would that be too hard?

Also, how about including these things on the discs and giving us an option to offload to the PS3, be it wallpapers, songs, icons, whenever we buy a game.

+ subbed on October 3rd, 2007 at 8:01 am said:

Like so many before me I will state, use your own PSN. The PS3 needs more media, and last time I looked Sony was a decently respected media company. Please tap into your own resources or make a deal with itune, napster, or whatever. I know I will be willing to make some purchases if the options are there.

PAGE 1 2