GTAV PS4

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (Update)

Evan Wells's Avatar + Posted by Evan Wells on Oct 03, 2007 // Co-President, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

Update: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Hey there everybody! Wanted to let you know that we hit Beta on Sunday, September 16th! That’s a huge milestone and it means we’re one step closer to finishing Uncharted. The team really pulled together to help achieve this deadline and we couldn’t be more excited about the progress we’ve made. Finally, most everything is in the game and we are just chasing down the last bugs and making a few minor balancing tweaks here and there.

We’ve had our last major focus test week last week too, and we received the data we need to make sure that the gameplay is finely tuned for our final release. This is a process that we take very seriously here at Naughty Dog and something we’ve been doing since the Crash Bandicoot days. We test the game over the course of a week and track a huge number of statistics from the types of weapons used, the amount of time spent in each area, and the number of times the players died. We then use this data to smooth out the difficulty and fix any puzzles or layouts that are too tricky to figure out. This will be the fourth time we do a full focus test like this and we are actually going to squeeze a final mini test in right before we Gold Master to make sure a bug didn’t creep in to mess up our tuning.

It’s also at this stage that a bunch of people in the office who have been so busy making the game, finally get a chance to sit down and play it. A lot of people have been so heads down that they are discovering areas in the game they’d never seen before. And because the cinematics are usually some of the last elements that go in, most people haven’t really seen the story unfold in its entirety. Our own Naughty Dogs make great gameplay testers too!

So we have a little less than 4 weeks to go now, but our bug count is actually shrinking instead of growing. There are going to be a lot of late nights ahead of us, but we’re finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. And as a sign that we’re almost launching, the official game website has gone up – Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune.

Also, we partnered with GameSpot to give you a sneak peak behind the scenes of our game. Check it out here and here.

222 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ Top_Shelf on October 9th, 2007 at 10:37 am said:

@TTP @197, 198:

Wow. I missed that entirely on the previews I saw — I think I was too busy watching the action, the exploring and how lush and detailed the surroundings were.

While I _completely_ agree with your point as it would be quite awkward to play, I think the game is less shooter and more adventure-ish. Of course, with that being said — this studio has had shooting in games before and this is a next-gen game on top of that… This issue should not be there… shrug. I hope they fix it!

+ pitifau on October 12th, 2007 at 5:53 am said:

Hi, would like to ask something, the game will really have a demo?????????
If it’s really true, so i will play it a lot, because i’m loving the game, the graphics, the gameplay, the sounds, the story ahhhhhhh!!!!! I can’t wait to play it, and i’m seeing a lot of replay value.
The game will run at 480i? Please make it work on it, please, because my tv isn’t a lcd tv.
The game is wonderful, and good luck with this game, for me it’s going to be one of the best games of all time.

+ Broken Haiku on October 13th, 2007 at 4:53 pm said:

I can’t be more than happy that NaughtyDog has taken the time to listen to feedback and give us general replies. I bow to thee. This game is on my Christmas list, which means I’ll buy it for myself :)

Wyrmchaser/PSN

+ pitifau on October 14th, 2007 at 6:01 am said:

Hi, would like to ask something, the game will really have a demo?????????

+ Naughtydogrocks on October 23rd, 2007 at 11:27 am said:

This game is looking really sweet i can wait to see the final product, i only know one let down about the game it doesn’t effect me but other people really are disapointed in it and that’s the video including the jet ski people are complaning about the water effects and the way the barrels just disappear when they explode its nothing critical but if you have time to take it into consideration they i think you guys should…..here is the link to what people think: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26770.html

+ someguy777 on October 25th, 2007 at 8:20 pm said:

Hey evan is there any chance of online play in an update later on or somthing??? either way im still getin dis game

PAGE 1 3 4 5