PS4 - Transistor

Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron Post-Event Update

Kip Roggendorf's Avatar + Posted by Kip Roggendorf on Oct 10, 2007 // Retail Manager for PlayStation

Hi everyone, I’m Kip Roggendorf, Retail Manager for Sony PlayStation. If you are a PlayStation.Blog regular, then there is a good chance you knew about the Star Wars Battlefront Entertainment Pack event we hosted at the Metreon last night. The 501st Squadron was out in full force watching over the line and Darth Vader kicked off the evening by picking the raffle winner for one of his lightsabers. The green screen set up was a blast and several of the Stormtroopers took a break from security detail to take pictures with some of the guests waiting in line. Even Darth Vader and Boba Fett took a photo break with a lucky few.

The turnout was awesome and I want to thank all of the PSP and Star Wars fans that attended. I also want to thank the LucasArts team for their support. Everyone in line received a Darth Vader pen and Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron poster. The most sought after item was the Han Solo Carbonite PSP case which went to all that purchased the entertainment pack.

To those of you who live in San Francisco and didn’t come, here are a few pics of our friends from the 501st Squadron. As you can see, the members of the 501st look like the real deal and it appears like they are actually on the cover of the game.

Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron Post-Event UpdateStar Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron Post-Event UpdateStar Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron Post-Event Update

33 Comments

+ theShah on October 10th, 2007 at 4:39 pm said:

awesome!

+ Dubbedinenglish on October 10th, 2007 at 4:39 pm said:

Sounded like a fun time! Is it me or did Vader put on some weight?

+ Jeigh on October 10th, 2007 at 4:44 pm said:

Heh, sounds like a Star Wars fan’s dream. :P Customizable game covers would be a pretty cool idea!

+ Jeigh on October 10th, 2007 at 4:46 pm said:

By the way- three posts in one day? Nice. I love having things to read (non-spoiler related things).

+ SUpERBEARD on October 10th, 2007 at 5:21 pm said:

I showed up to the event. It was pretty awesome. Not only did i get myself on the cover of the Star Wars psp game (total surprise to me), i also met some of the cast from the 1up Show! Im really glad i went. And thanks to everyone who set it all up for us!

+ foolio_67 on October 10th, 2007 at 7:00 pm said:

The custom covers is a great idea!

+ ajishere26 on October 10th, 2007 at 7:02 pm said:

when is the ps3 going to go down in price

+ Lithgow on October 10th, 2007 at 7:06 pm said:

LOL @ ajishere.
you can keep up with the news at psu.com

+ lostboy85 on October 10th, 2007 at 7:24 pm said:

Scea and LucasArts,
Next time you throw a release party will you please have actual copies of the game for sale? you would think that would be no-brainer right?
But no, after waiting in line for an hour somebody informs me that you only had bundles. What about the people who already bought the new PSP?
Its frustrating getting all excited for your product and then being let down.

+ cmack98 on October 10th, 2007 at 8:17 pm said:

Oh gosh, they will just let anyone post on here now won’t they?

Now I am looking for a post from my main man Hilton….

Anyway Kip…Gotta start having some more shin-digs on the East Coast, we miss ya out here buddy!

Craig

+ scott on October 10th, 2007 at 8:22 pm said:

will the u.s. get a ps3 network card

+ C-h-a-o-s on October 10th, 2007 at 8:37 pm said:

The storm troopers picture is great, if I lived remotely close I would have gone. I am hoping to pick up a StarWars PSP pack, but I doubt they will have it at the end of the month :(.

+ ez054098 on October 10th, 2007 at 8:38 pm said:

Come on, the event was total crap! The invitation said 6:00 PM. The doors didn’t even open until 7:45 PM. I left at 8:30 PM without even moving 5 feet!. While I appreciate Sony staging the event, I think they could have shown more respect for people’s time and been more organized. All I wanted to do is buy the Star Wars Battlefront bundle, instead I walked away empty handed and bitter.

+ cxplorer on October 10th, 2007 at 9:35 pm said:

How come Japan has the PS store and we don,t have it.I WANT THE PS STORE FOR NORTH AMERICA!!!

+ lostboy85 on October 10th, 2007 at 10:38 pm said:

actually we do. its in san francisco.

+ sarge mat on October 11th, 2007 at 1:57 am said:

Cool. But the storm trooper one looks like the worst photoshop job ever. They are sticking out at the edges.

+ Alpha_89 on October 11th, 2007 at 3:39 am said:

To bad I live in Europe :(

+ deadxbabiesxinc on October 11th, 2007 at 6:20 am said:

I think we need more tv commercials or something…I don’t know whats going on with the PR…but did you guys like fire them? lol pretty much nonexistant…

+ MrCamo on October 11th, 2007 at 6:37 am said:

I think there shoud be a SOCOM release party in Seattle :) They should b able to do “parties within the playstation home universe, that would be a great meduim for everybody to become involved!! I am not sure if they could do a public address through Home or not though…

+ Rebel Rita on October 11th, 2007 at 9:00 am said:

THE RELEASE PARTY WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

VADER PRESENTED HIS LIGHTSABER TO ME. I SWEAR IT.

I WAS THE REBEL PILOT, AND I ALMOST PASSED OUT IN FRONT OF VADER.
NO JOKE!!!! I HAVE A VIDEO OF ME REALIZING I HAD THE WINNING TICKET.

THANKS, SONY, AND LUCAS ARTS.

THE RELEASE PARTY WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

VADER PRESENTED HIS LIGHTSABER TO ME. I SWEAR IT.

I was the Rebel Pilot, and I almost passed out in front of Vader. No joke!
I have a video of me realizing that I had the winning ticket….213.

I had never won anything! This really made up for it. I am still in disbelief.

THANKS, SONY and LUCAS ARTS.

I AM FOREVER IN SHOCK AND GRATITUDE!

For those of you complaining about it only being in a bundle:
We already had a PSP, but having the stunning Vader PSP was a must. Plus it has the jacks so that you can plug it into your TV!

SUCK IT UP AND GO GET IT! It’s gorgeous.

+ BFrosty on October 11th, 2007 at 9:16 am said:

I soo wish I could have come. Living across the bay in Hayward you would guess I could make it no problem, being on home dialysis precludes me from even such a short trip.

Sounds like it was good fun though~! Congrats to the winner~!
Congrats to Sony for a superb release party~!
Congrats to the devs for a job well done~!

And congrats to all you lucky people who actually made it to the party~!

Have a great day and see you online~!

BF~

+ Rebel Rita on October 11th, 2007 at 9:39 am said:

BF,
Take care of yourself…
May the force be with you… :)

Thanks!!!

+ druppy on October 11th, 2007 at 9:39 am said:

can we get psn update earlier in the day say… before mid-day?

+ ez054098 on October 11th, 2007 at 10:23 am said:

@BFrosty
All you missed was a very average presentation (none of the Storm Troopers were taller than 5’6″) and waiting hours longer than promised. I would say the night was a total disappointment!

6PM means 6PM!!!

+ Kamahl on October 11th, 2007 at 11:36 am said:

good stuff

+ jollycj on October 11th, 2007 at 1:39 pm said:

I like other people were disappointed in the event due to lack of respect for peoples time. I happened to bring my two young children who are huge Star Wars fans as they wanted to see Darth Vader. However after standing in line for 1 1/2 hrs after the event was supposed to start that excitement had turned to frustration.

Had I known this is how it was to be handled I wouldn’t have come. Complete lack of respect for people’s time and to top it off they couldn’t even tell us when they would let us in.

Hopefully they learn from this.

+ ez054098 on October 14th, 2007 at 10:17 pm said:

@jollycj
I think I was standing behind you. I finally had to leave at 7:45 because I wanted to see my children before they went to bed. I think you said it best, a total lack of respect for people’s time.

Another PR misstep from Sony.

+ lakaihigh on October 14th, 2007 at 11:36 pm said:

slow burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. can you hear the sizzle? hahaha. I would have gladly waited in line for over an hour and wouldn’t be moaning on here like you guys are ^^^. Seriously though, you take the time to go out there and you expect to run flawlessly. What world are you from and please tell me how to get there. take a chill pill. this is nothing to get your panties all twisted up over.

Peace,
Lh

+ ez054098 on October 16th, 2007 at 8:38 pm said:

@lakaihighYou weren’t and you have no idea what you are talking about.

+ lakaihigh on October 16th, 2007 at 9:19 pm said:

@ ez054098 – I know I wasn’t there. I also know that I wanted to be there. Not only that but I also know that I wouldn’t be moaning on the PS blog about waiting an hour in a line… try to think of the dmv buddy. hahaha. like i said before, chillax.

Peace,