GTAV PS4

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Oct 11, 2007 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

Games:
Everyday Shooter ($9.99 US)

Demos:
Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD Demo
NHL 2K8 Demo
Conan Demo

Game Videos:
Uncharted Behind The Scenes II
Folklore Launch Trailer
Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer

Movie Trailers:
The Assassination of Jesse James
Spiderwick Chronicles
Walk Hard

Wallpaper:
Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD (2)
Everyday Shooter (1)

Hope you enjoy!

194 Comments

+ XxBigP123xX on October 11th, 2007 at 4:25 pm said:

wow the ratchet demo is b3yond words. now im happy i have a ps3 with the games looking so good this early.

+ CONFUSEDgam3r on October 11th, 2007 at 4:52 pm said:

If only I had 9.99 in my wallet. Need more money! I love the update and can’t wait for Ratchet & Clank: Future – Tools of Destruction as well as other Insomniac and Ready At Dawn titles.

I also hope that the creator of Everyday Shooter has other “Everyday” titles in store for us…”Everyday Platformer,” “Everyday Golfer,” ohhh the possibilities….

+ HebrewHammer on October 11th, 2007 at 4:53 pm said:

Well its a great thing seeing as that you guys put up the MGS4 TGS trailer…. Oh wait. NVM. Seriously though. wtf

+ rsx3.2 on October 11th, 2007 at 5:05 pm said:

Dang that was a fast download.The ratchet demo is awesome.Definitely gonna get it for my little brother he played it and loves it.

——————————————————————————
ALSO SONY WHERE IS THE MGS4 TGS TRAILER IN HD???????????????????????????????YOU GOT THE MGO TRAILER, WHAT ARE ABOUT THE MGS4 TRAILER??

+ rsx3.2 on October 11th, 2007 at 5:06 pm said:

ALSO SONY WHERE IS THE MGS4 TGS TRAILER IN HD???????????????????????????????YOU GOT THE MGO TRAILER, WHAT ABOUT THE MGS4 TRAILER??

+ chainlink13 on October 11th, 2007 at 5:10 pm said:

@99 scott | October 11th, 2007 at 3:54 pm

I agree…trailers do make everything look so nice and shiny…Marketing’s a clever beast.

It’s sad that I feel like nowadays with the cost of games so high I have to wait for some “reputable” review site (IGN i guess?) before I throw down $60 on a game. It’s almost like how I decide to watch movies at a theater. Even with reviews though, you need something that you can actually get your hands on to make your own judgements…but with timings of releases/schedules/hidden agendas, I suppose that makes it more difficult for us to ever see demos of games like Lair. Even Jade Raymond’s response about why it’s not possible to have an Assassin’s Creed demo seems like such a PR-bloated mess.

They should make 20 minute demos of movies!

+ Bones00 on October 11th, 2007 at 5:25 pm said:

It’s taking me a lot time to download the Ratchet demo. Anyone else having troubles downloading?

+ retsetone on October 11th, 2007 at 5:26 pm said:

Great PSN update SONY, thanks!

DTS-HD MA decoding is all I want.
PLEASE SONY!

+ Bones00 on October 11th, 2007 at 5:29 pm said:

It seems like a couple of hours now I’ve been trying to download the Ratchet demo.

+ kamari-ice on October 11th, 2007 at 5:33 pm said:

Great update! The Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD Demo was amazing. I was on the fence about getting the game, but after playing the demo, I want the game.

+ Ouren on October 11th, 2007 at 5:46 pm said:

can someone link me to where I can buy a PS3 software dev license? I am in an indy studio and would like to know!

+ BigBozzy on October 11th, 2007 at 5:52 pm said:

Sony shame on you. I have 13 games and 3 controlers. But still you wont treat me like a loyal customer. When can I chat to my buddies well im in a game? When can i listen to my 95 CDs saved on my Playstation 3 well im in a game? When can I play Flashplayer 9 streams on the net threw the Playstation 3? When are you gonna put new Playstation 3 commercial out? That are funny like when Crash Bandicoot used to make us laugh instead of your derpressing artsy farsty commercials. And when i say ” I ” I mean every Playstation 3 owner out there. Why are you letting the X Box perform better with the same games that the Playstation 3 has? When are games going to be released at the same as the X Box? When are you gonna listen and do what we want? And speaking of the great Cash Bandicoot, why is he on the X Box. Hes not only on the X Box but hes not even on the Playstation 3. Why do i feel that the $2000.00 plus i spent was a waste? I’ll answer that one for you, its beacuse of YOU. I also know that the Playstation 3 is gonna have great games, but i know that because of searching on the internet. Except the problem with that is i have to look it up and I’m only looking it up because i have a Playstation 3. Last but not least if you don’t keep HAZE 100% Playstation only your only showing that you can’t be trusted. HAZE should have commecials right now. HAZE has the chance of being OUR Halo, bu the buzz over the game is very low. Get to work and get to work now.PEACE

+ BigBozzy on October 11th, 2007 at 6:07 pm said:

Sony shame on you. I have 13 games and 3 controlers. But still you wont treat me like a loyal customer. When can I chat to my buddies well im in a game? When can i listen to my 95 CDs saved on my Playstation 3 well im in a game? When can I play Flashplayer 9 streams on the net threw the Playstation 3? When are you gonna put new Playstation 3 commercial out? That are funny like when Crash Bandicoot used to make us laugh instead of your derpressing artsy farsty commercials. And when i say ” I ” I mean every Playstation 3 owner out there. Why are you letting the X Box perform better with the same games that the Playstation 3 has? When are games going to be released at the same time as the X Box? When are you gonna listen and do what we want? And speaking of the great Cash Bandicoot, why is he on the X Box? Hes not only on the X Box but hes not even on the Playstation 3. Why do i feel that the $2000.00 plus i spent was a waste? I’ll answer that one for you, its beacuse of YOU. I also know that the Playstation 3 is gonna have great games, but i know that because of searching on the internet. Except the problem with that is i have to look it up and I’m only looking it up because i have a Playstation 3. Last but not least if you don’t keep HAZE 100% Playstation only your only showing that you can’t be trusted. HAZE should have commecials right now. HAZE has the chance of being OUR Halo, but the buzz over the game is very low. Get to work and get to work now.PEACE

+ RatchetFanatic on October 11th, 2007 at 6:12 pm said:

^wall of text

Conan sucks ass.

+ Vassago on October 11th, 2007 at 6:21 pm said:

i really start to think the idea for psone game are dead…..:( anyway great work for update and stuff i just buy EDS look nice.

+ Mana Knight on October 11th, 2007 at 6:53 pm said:

@ BigBozzy

Crash is no longer Sony’s property. That has been the case since 2001 (It has become Universal’s Property, along with Spyro).

Anyway, Ratchet & Clank Future rocks.

+ BigBozzy on October 11th, 2007 at 7:04 pm said:

@ Mana Knight

Did not know that but cool thanks for knowledge. But everything i said except for the Crash Bandicoot part is true and for all to know i HATE THE X BOX.

+ crustysox on October 11th, 2007 at 7:36 pm said:

just got done playing the ratchet demo……it was awesome……took 2hours to download but still awesome, cant wait for the release…. I will agree with some of what the above posters are saying about marketing….I would like to see more about PS3 and games, if I didnt have a ps3 I wouldnt know about half of the games that are coming out: Haze, Ratchet, (and other exclusives) but also COD4, Assassins Creed, should all be being hyped up now, on regular tv, not just spike or g4.

+ lakaihigh on October 11th, 2007 at 8:15 pm said:

@ Everyone – I don’t know about you guys but I just received an email about the terms of agreement for the Playstation Network. Evidently theres been a lot of changes made to it. Upon reading it I found out that it will be called 2.0 effective October the 30th. While I was reading it I found one thing that was very interesting, I qoute,”6. PREPAID CARDS

Each Master Account and its associated Sub Accounts will be subject to the Limit. If you acquire a prepaid card that has a value that, when added to the wallet’s existing balance, exceeds the Limit, you will not be able to apply the value of the prepaid card to the wallet until sufficient funds have been spent from the wallet to allow the sum of the full value of the prepaid card and wallet to be equal to or less than the Limit.”

Does this mean that the U.S. is finally getting prepaid cards??? Any information on this would be awesome guys!!!

On topic: Great update again. D/Ling R&C, Conan, Uncharted BTS2 and Fallout Teaser.

Peace and Thanks,
Lh

+ TheApprentice on October 11th, 2007 at 10:03 pm said:

I like the sneaky input of the Ratchet demo…

Awesome :D

(Surprise us again with something big next week..)

+ heisert on October 11th, 2007 at 11:19 pm said:

thanks for nothing = EU/German Store. :(

+ mcpeepants80 on October 11th, 2007 at 11:42 pm said:

The Ratchet and Clank demo kicked ass. Can’t wait to buy this one.

+ nick2409 on October 12th, 2007 at 2:47 am said:

the update for europe (austria and germany) is a disappointment and great joke! we`ve got the simpons demo, a folklore-wallpaper, and some uninteresting trailers! ist that all?!?

+ cjethomas on October 12th, 2007 at 3:32 am said:

Since 112 referenced it, I will too: DTS HD-MA, please! I’ve been waiting so long…

Everyday Shooter is a blast. I’ve only made it to Level 5, but 3 is genius. I just wish it didn’t take so long to unlock individual levels. I want to use that track as a tech demo.

JET

+ Oddfellow on October 12th, 2007 at 6:19 am said:

Why not in Europe we support PS3 better than Usa!

+ skygod on October 12th, 2007 at 6:39 am said:

Sony – thanks for another outstanding update.

+ deadxbabiesxinc on October 12th, 2007 at 6:39 am said:

WTF IS WITH ALL THESE SPAM LIKE BLOG ENTRIES?!? THEY’VE BEEN GETTING VERY FREQUENT LATELY!

+ Davitr0n on October 12th, 2007 at 7:01 am said:

Good update. Downloaded the R&C Demo and Conan Demo last night. Can’t wait to give them both a playthrough (although I don’t expect much from the Conan game. Conan should not use magic…lol)

Also, I have already gotten messages from my PSN Buddies about how good Everyday Shooter is, so I am sure I will be picking that up soon. I have gone from having no games I wanted to play, to having to plan out when I am going to play all the stuff I want to! :) Good times.

+ bambu on October 12th, 2007 at 7:15 am said:

Hey did ne1 else get the email about new policy changes regarding PSN, i noticed a date of 10/30/2007 as the date update 2.00 releases , also most of the language basically refers to online community rules of conduct, could this be the release date for Home? Ne1 have any better information about this please post it , if i read it right i do belive it is gonna be a good day for us all!

+ Destroyer41139 on October 12th, 2007 at 7:31 am said:

Another nice update!!!!

+ Destroyer41139 on October 12th, 2007 at 7:33 am said:

@134 I am going to have to disagree with you on that Europe doesn’t support sony any more than the next person. Just look at the ps2 sales for north america. I have been with playstation from day 1 so I and I am sure many others feel different but you’re entitled to your own opinion.

+ chainlink13 on October 12th, 2007 at 8:15 am said:

@bambu

I got the email, too…I think the User Agreement is version 2.0 as #125 lakaihai said, not the release date for firmware 2.0…but here’s hoping.

+ maluraq on October 12th, 2007 at 8:46 am said:

Why on earth don’t developers include “inverted” aiming in demos? I thought the devs behind the old AC4 demo were just insane but it turns out my beloved Insomniac have the same problem. The demo is personally almost unplayable because of the default aiming mode.

I have yet to meet more than 2 people in r/l who play shooter/action games without “inverted” mode turned on as it is so much more intuitive.

+ saunderswan on October 12th, 2007 at 9:01 am said:

i got this e-mail also after reading it it just seems like they will open an area in the PS store for eyecreate so we can share our creations not any sort of hint to FW2.0

+ MrCamo on October 12th, 2007 at 9:11 am said:

TO ALL EUROPEAN PS3 OWNERS!!!! Make a new user, with a USA address, (YOU CAN FIND A FAKE ADDRESS FOR A CORPORATION ONLINE) and you should be able to get into the US store and download all that you want!! I have a japanese user for getting demos. Be smarter than the system!!

+ Jeigh on October 12th, 2007 at 9:12 am said:

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction= 1609 MB- Wow! Plenty of information there.

+ Loucifer on October 12th, 2007 at 10:29 am said:

@MrCamo

SERIOUSLY!!!…but who knows the euros will most likely just keep complaining cuz their PSN sux…sadly enough it does…so does Australia…Japan kicks ass though too bad i cant read anything they have…but pics tells the story anyway… i had the folklore and bladestorm demos MONTHS ago from Japan

+ saunderswan on October 12th, 2007 at 11:49 am said:

We will keep complaining untill we have GLOBAL release of content on the PS store

+ Polyphony NL on October 12th, 2007 at 11:52 am said:

I rarely complain but this time…Sony i am gonna make it clear. You say Europe is important but I dont see it in the PS store.

R & C is wowsome. I’m glad I have also an USA account.

+ zapruder on October 12th, 2007 at 12:03 pm said:

ok now i’m pissed.. Ratched and Clank is great and GUESS WHAT… IN DUTCH (Yeah i’m a stoner) NOW WHY??? no really WHY???Why isn’t it out in Europe?

+ zapruder on October 12th, 2007 at 12:06 pm said:

No really…. Sony please explain that one… for once and for all. WHY???

+ zapruder on October 12th, 2007 at 12:13 pm said:

Jeez, i defended Sony just two days back over this but the language IS THERE …so why???.. and now I need a smoke! thanks for contributing to my addictions.

+ RandomEarthling on October 12th, 2007 at 12:24 pm said:

R&C + Groovitron FTW!

No Everday Shooter demo FTL!

+ zapruder on October 12th, 2007 at 12:28 pm said:

We Europeans complain because there ..
IS NO REASON FOR THIS Ratched and Clank DELAY… NONE! Rachet speaks Dutch/German or what ever and thats why i’m so pissed… sure We ALL have multiple accounts but is that not a bit unfair? no one knows how many “real” americans are downloading from the PSN so.. and again in this case it’s an extra bitter pill.

+ scorpio on October 12th, 2007 at 12:39 pm said:

Wow, this game looks really awesome. The color and all the background things going on whiel playing is amazing. I stopped just to enjoy the views.

I never really played R&C but this was fun, I might just get this one….

+ joel on October 12th, 2007 at 2:38 pm said:

STOP COMPLAINING TO SCEA!!!

COMPLAIN TO SCEE!!!!

Ratchet and clank…I cant believe IM saying this.. this may be THE BEST R&C YET!!!!

+ Paul_Polska on October 12th, 2007 at 4:44 pm said:

awesome update guys, especially Ratchet&Clank. Thank you!

+ Theossie on October 12th, 2007 at 5:22 pm said:

I posted this in the other blog and I was hoping someone would explain something for me.

Is there an issue preventing PSone games from showing up on the PSN in the US? I would really like to know if there are any plans to release more archives. Was just reading about the PSN for Japan getting more PSone games with alot more to be released soon. Now I know that the access to PSN from the PC is right around the corner in Japan, and I understand the reason for all the content. I’m just not hearing anything about any archives for the US.

I’m also wondering if there are any plans to release more arcade games like the Midway games we got. I know the focus is on original content specially created for the PSN, but I was wondering if retro stuff would ever be sprinkled in as well.

Hey, I purchased every game that’s been release on the PSN except Joust (and I’ll be buying Everyday Shooter today) and I’ve gotten four of the archives. I’m just wondering what are the thoughts on the two areas I’ve mentioned (archives and arcades) just so I can know what to expect.

I really hope someone from Sony would reply.

Thanks!!!

+ Cesar on October 12th, 2007 at 6:43 pm said:

I dint expect Conan I just got done playing the demo and its good i haven’t play any other God of War game look alike before and its good i think i’m going to buy this one, and for Fallout 3 i never play any before So i need more info.

+ saunderswan on October 12th, 2007 at 7:05 pm said:

@joel none of us EUROPEANS are talkin to you so unless we see your name at the top of a RED post STFU!!!!

how about instead of tellin us to stop complaining you go complain to SCEE about us complaining on this blog they will listen to you if you can find somewhere to complain to them that is.

and if i’m not mistaken this site is part of SCE which i think the last time i looked is SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT and shockingly enough i think they make the PS3 and PS STORE”S”

So unless an official person from this site say’s to US EUROPEANS “STOP POSTING YOUR COMPLAINTS HERE PLEASE. WE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT” we will continue to post as long as it takes.

so joel just out of curiosity how do you know they cant do anything about europe?? WHY BECAUSE IT HAS AN “A” AT THE END OF SCE note SCE 1 COMPANY not hundreds of little ones they all report to SCE “FULL STOP” so unless we EUROPEANS complain direct to you STOP TELLING US TO STOP COMPLAINING!!!!!!!! god danm babies its not your site so STFU!!!!! mmm yeh SHUT THE F**K UP!!!!!