Bloodborne

Coming Soon Exclusively to the PS3 – Rat Race

Greg Easley's Avatar + Posted by Greg Easley on Oct 16, 2007 // Co-founder and President, Super-Ego Games

ronLab2

Hey people! My name is Greg Easley and I’m one of the founders of Super-Ego Games, a development studio with a different take on making games. We’re finally announcing our new title and labor of love, Rat Race. You’ll read more about this in the game press soon, but I wanted to tell you about it here first.

Rat Race is a PS3-exclusive comedy/adventure game – yeah, another one of those! – that will be available as individual episodes on PSN beginning this winter. Rat Race has been written and voiced by some really funny people with credits on Late Night with Conan O’Brien, My Name Is Earl, Saturday Night Live, South Park, Flight of the Conchords, Sex and the City, Ugly Betty, Comedy Central, and so on. Our team includes some of the best stand-up comics in New York City, where half of our studio is based (the other half is in San Francisco).

Rat Race is set in an office – an extremely dysfunctional one. The company is called BiggCo, and the people who work there make the Enron guys look like Nobel Prize laureates. Your job is simply to make it through the day as bombs go off all around you. As the clock ticks toward quitting time, you’ll encounter a rogues gallery including: Joy Chung, an impossible, and impossibly hot, PR exec; Chip Bratsby III, a pompous jerk whose career focus is getting you fired; and Dr. Ron Durfman, a research scientist who may or may not be intimate with his lab monkey.

Our goal is to give you the feeling of “playing” inside an episode of your favorite TV show. Sometimes we describe Rat Race as an interactive sitcom, but that doesn’t do it justice. There’s more to the experience than funny dialogue. Along the way you’ll sneak, sprint, solve puzzles, eavesdrop, steal, and even “neutralize” that lab monkey.

Look for more info about Rat Race in the coming weeks.

rr_office7Rat Race - Office Talk

124 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Danny on October 16th, 2007 at 4:43 pm said:

no! i hate that movie!

+ TyranX on October 16th, 2007 at 4:49 pm said:

This isn’t based on the movie…. o.0

Anyways it looks like something that hasn’t been done before. I’ll be keeping my eyes on this “labor of love” ha ha!

P.S:: I love MONKEYS!!!

+ Joakim Hagdahl on October 16th, 2007 at 4:59 pm said:

Sounds good.

I enjoy the diversity of products you’re putting up on PSN.

+ XxBigP123xX on October 16th, 2007 at 4:59 pm said:

no thanks….

+ chainlink13 on October 16th, 2007 at 4:59 pm said:

Metaphorical bombs?

+ BEMO-844 on October 16th, 2007 at 5:00 pm said:

Sweet. Looks awesome and original too.

Can’t wait!

Any word on a price?

+ Solace on October 16th, 2007 at 5:05 pm said:

Adventure games FTW!

+ nabokovfan87 on October 16th, 2007 at 5:09 pm said:

awesome graphics, now can i change my password on the blog and fast forward on audio files on the ps3? please?

+ Ultima-Bahamut on October 16th, 2007 at 5:14 pm said:

I am looking forward to this.

+ Stoph00 on October 16th, 2007 at 5:17 pm said:

This usually wouldn’t acquire to my tastes but something about it is really intriguing me. So far I like what I hear. Give me mo info!

+ mero4ever on October 16th, 2007 at 5:25 pm said:

Sounds cool

+ Dubbedinenglish on October 16th, 2007 at 5:31 pm said:

Lets hope the wit hits the mark. But it does look very entertaining.

+ deadxbabiesxinc on October 16th, 2007 at 5:32 pm said:

Mwuahua, atleast Sony is trying out new stuff!

If you wanna play the same crap over and over again…stick with the Wii or 360…not saying that the PS3 hasnt used its share of sequels,prequels and stuff…but seriously how many games do you need to see Marios face in it?

+ Stoffinator on October 16th, 2007 at 5:34 pm said:

You know what would be really cool? If Sony would allow some of us who don’t have credit cards to buy such games from PSN. Now that would be cool.

+ willywhisky on October 16th, 2007 at 5:35 pm said:

Sounds interesting. I bet it’ll do well if it actually is funny.

I think it’s a good choice to release this over the PSN in an episode format. I’ve often wondered about the media release capabilities of the system. As others have speculated, it would be interesting to see movies and tv episodes on there one day.

+ Neil on October 16th, 2007 at 5:35 pm said:

Everything sounded good until this part:

“Along the way you’ll sneak, sprint, solve puzzles, eavesdrop, steal, and even “neutralize” that lab monkey.”

Also the characters sound stereotypical. I hope it’s just one of those games where the pics don’t do it justice because it’ll be refreshing to play something where you don’t kill things.

+ Nymo on October 16th, 2007 at 5:44 pm said:

Sounds like a fun cast to work with!

And about time we have a (what seems to be) a story-first title on the PSN. uh, This is a downloadable title, right?

either way, Can’t wait to see more on it!

+ Chezko on October 16th, 2007 at 5:46 pm said:

This has really peaked my interest. I’m curious what you meant by adventure game though, is this more Sam & Max episodes type of adventure or more Uncharted adventure? I personally hope you meant the earlier rather than the later, but am likely on board either way.

:-)

+ Sakimori_X on October 16th, 2007 at 5:57 pm said:

Ooh! Episodic content on the PSN!?

NICE!!

This is a great idea and the game sounds like it will have some solid execution. Way to go, guys!

+ SonicTHP on October 16th, 2007 at 5:57 pm said:

Sounds like an interesting concept for a game. I like interesting game concepts.

+ GummyTumor on October 16th, 2007 at 5:59 pm said:

It sounds fun! If it’s good, I hope the time you have to wait between episodes isn’t ridiculously long.

+ xplosneer on October 16th, 2007 at 6:06 pm said:

Hey pretty cool.

Wasn’t this at first called Nine to Five?

+ Cesar on October 16th, 2007 at 6:19 pm said:

Are paying for the episodes and or are they free? is it any nutidy and it is better them the sims?

+ Darkendless on October 16th, 2007 at 6:24 pm said:

Wow man add some anti-aliasing

+ BobsRevenge on October 16th, 2007 at 6:34 pm said:

This sounds awesome. I hope you guys pull it off, because the concept could really turn into something special.

+ chubigans on October 16th, 2007 at 6:40 pm said:

Sounds great…can’t wait to know more!

+ islandomonkeys on October 16th, 2007 at 6:42 pm said:

Sounds awesome.

+ frito on October 16th, 2007 at 6:52 pm said:

sounds cool!

question:

If you purchase an episode of the game, but maybe not the next one that comes out, can you then buy the even later released ones, or do you HAVE to buy all the episodes for them to work, or can you jump in at a later episode to start?

just wondering, episodic releases sound cool…if they are not too expensive!

I really hope they aren’t going to charge an arm and a leg for these..

anymore than $9.99 an episode is pushing it!

my 2 cents!

+ Deviation on October 16th, 2007 at 7:16 pm said:

Color me intrigued.

+ scott on October 16th, 2007 at 7:26 pm said:

will it come out in december still……and wipeout hd..andwarhawk expansion

+ Hell-RaizeR on October 16th, 2007 at 7:36 pm said:

sounds cool so far…

+ Cameron on October 16th, 2007 at 8:13 pm said:

Sounds like a great addition to the PS3.

+ 40cal on October 16th, 2007 at 8:30 pm said:

??? Where did this one come from? You guys got me off guard with this one. Looks like a good time thought. I cant wait to find out what its all about. If it is good I will buy more than just the first episode.

That lady is copying her ass. LOL

+ terminatorvsmtrx on October 16th, 2007 at 8:33 pm said:

this game looks good… great graphics in a cartoony kinda way… i guess well have to wait and see

+ androvsky on October 16th, 2007 at 8:41 pm said:

Hmm, not sure how to phrase this. I’m very excited that adventure gaming is coming back. Extremely excited actually, it’s one of my favorite genres. The only problem is, due to the story-driven nature of such games, not everyone is going to like the story or writing style, no matter how good the game mechanics are.

I’ll give Rat Race a try, most likely. However, I hope to see it alongside Sam & Max and Penny-Arcade Adventures… any word on those titles showing up on PSN?

+ foolio_67 on October 16th, 2007 at 9:12 pm said:

Looks different, I’ll keep an eye out for it.

+ Agriel on October 16th, 2007 at 9:42 pm said:

Sounds like this could be a really fun game, can’t wait to check it out

+ PS3_GAM3R on October 16th, 2007 at 9:56 pm said:

Looks very, very interesting!!!

+ Laughing_Gas on October 16th, 2007 at 10:01 pm said:

Well I sincerely hope you hired those comedians after you put that trailer up on your site because that was the dumbest [DELETED] I’ve ever seen. And copying her! Pushing the envelope! See the thing about Sam & max is it’s funny. This is not.

+ ps3mods.blogspot.com on October 16th, 2007 at 10:33 pm said:

Did you get the memo on the TPS report?

+ Zaku on October 16th, 2007 at 10:35 pm said:

Interesting concept :)

I’m looking forward to this.

+ Chef Skillz on October 17th, 2007 at 12:03 am said:

PlayStation 3, home to emerging genres of games, via PlayStation Network.
The thought of comedy, adventure seems pretty interesting to me. A game that makes me laugh is a welcome addition to my library.

+ Hal on October 17th, 2007 at 12:14 am said:

Looks like they’re really coming out with some unexpected / original stuff via the PSN. Works for me.

Office parody is a good time.

+ BOOM on October 17th, 2007 at 3:24 am said:

Looks interesting. Living the rat race in real life, I am hoping the game will eventually lead to a scene in which I am allowed to put some physical hurt on my boss… in the game, I mean ;)

+ cerebud on October 17th, 2007 at 4:42 am said:

If it’s anything like Sam and Max, I’m there!

+ RicardoG on October 17th, 2007 at 4:55 am said:

Sounds good but…the name RAT RACE for this kind of game?
Man almost thought it was another racing game!
Why not changing it?

+ StormLord on October 17th, 2007 at 5:50 am said:

don’t spend all your budget on “big” name people, good no named voice actors are better sine they don’t bring you out of the experience and say isn’t that so and so…. :( I hope its a fun game at a reasonable price, I’m looking forward to seeing more about it.

+ Savage on October 17th, 2007 at 6:55 am said:

So is this “The Office” video game? Is that the flavour you are going for? I prefer the original English version, rather than the poor American copy. I hope you can strike a balance so that the humour works across the pond.

+ TONX on October 17th, 2007 at 7:06 am said:

god, that trailer they have on their website is horrible. not funny at all. i hope the game is way better than that.

+ Davitr0n on October 17th, 2007 at 7:21 am said:

Sounds interesting. I will definitely be keeping tabs on this game.

Monkeys at the workplace = funny situations. Why can’t my boss understand that? :D

PAGE 1 2 3