Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Oct 18

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Coming Soon(er)

Greg Phillips's Avatar Posted by on Oct 18, 2007 // Senior Producer, SIE

R&C Tornado Launcher
As frequent Playstation.Blog readers will remember, about two weeks back we announced Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction had gone gold and would ship to stores Oct 30th. Well, due to some unexpected quickness at the factory, a vast majority of retailers have already received the game. With that, some retailers are choosing to release the game next week instead of waiting until the 30th, which we are all too happy to allow :).

Official launch date remains October 30, but for those who can’t wait to use your trigger fingers on the Tornado Launcher (or any other weapon in Ratchet’s arsenal), check with your local game retailer next week.

113 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ chainlink13 on October 18th, 2007 at 6:05 pm said:

oh boy please tell me gamefly is getting it early, too!!

+ mero4ever on October 18th, 2007 at 6:10 pm said:

I dont know if EBgames in Australia would have whatever he is referring to. I’ll just hope they do

+ Delriach on October 18th, 2007 at 6:13 pm said:

wooties.

+ Clover09 on October 18th, 2007 at 6:22 pm said:

Loved the demo, and getting the game, but where is the commercials showing off this beautiful vivid game so everyone else can know PS3 has great games?

+ Guanuma on October 18th, 2007 at 6:30 pm said:

OMG Thats such a great news!!!!!!! yeah!!!!! Thanks wooooottttttt!!!!

+ Stoffinator on October 18th, 2007 at 6:31 pm said:

I hope its out early here. Already got it on pre order.

+ Playstation » Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Coming Soon(er) on October 18th, 2007 at 6:36 pm said:

[…] Logan Frederick wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptAs frequent Playstation.Blog readers will remember, about two weeks back we announced Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction had gone gold and would ship to stores Oct 30th. Well, due to some unexpected quickness at the factory, … […]

+ reson8er on October 18th, 2007 at 6:43 pm said:

If anyone in NYC sees the game out warly post it here please, I needs me some R&C :D

+ B1ack_Mage on October 18th, 2007 at 6:46 pm said:

awesome, I just hope my local gamestops get it early

+ Novaoblivion on October 18th, 2007 at 6:50 pm said:

Sweet hopefully someone around here will have it early :D.

+ sectionz on October 18th, 2007 at 6:54 pm said:

YEAH! and i just finished folklore so perfect timing!

+ I_Love_New_York on October 18th, 2007 at 6:56 pm said:

Yeah thats great. Now all I need is to buy Folklore and this game and that will be it for this month until November where all the other big games come out that I have to buy such as Haze, Uncharted, and Assasins. I might get Eye of Judgment later next month though.

+ deadxbabiesxinc on October 18th, 2007 at 6:56 pm said:

r&c always had great humorous commercials…DON’T FORGET TO KEEP MAKING THEM!!!

+ TheApprentice on October 18th, 2007 at 6:58 pm said:

This is great news :D

The game demo has me sold on this…
Looking forward to playing it early :P

+ Animosity on October 18th, 2007 at 7:16 pm said:

I really wish I had played Ratchet and Clank when it first came out. I just bought the first game last week to play before this one came out. I have a lot more Ratchet and Clank to play before I play this one. I feel left out. :(

And no, I’m not gonna just buy the new one and forget about the others. I’m anal, I HAVE to beat the games that came out before the new ones.

+ Clinton514 on October 18th, 2007 at 7:17 pm said:

Awesome. I’ll be getting that ASAP.

+ naughtyco on October 18th, 2007 at 7:25 pm said:

Thank god.

+ optimusprime76 on October 18th, 2007 at 7:26 pm said:

\m/ Rock on :) Can’t wait

+ Jedah on October 18th, 2007 at 7:37 pm said:

I’m gonna stop by the Gamestop near my house tomorrow and pay it in full and cross my fingers I get a call from them next week letting me know my R&C game arrived.

+ Hell-RaizeR on October 18th, 2007 at 7:41 pm said:

Keep it up sony and you will get your customers!

+ Hell-RaizeR on October 18th, 2007 at 7:43 pm said:

off topic but what’s going on with SOCOM CONFRONTATION??? sorry just something that’s been bothering me.

+ [PS3] Ratchet & Clank Furute: Tools of destruction thread of total freaking awesomeness! - Gamingforce Interactive Forums on October 18th, 2007 at 7:43 pm said:

[…] & Clank Furute: Tools of destruction thread of total freaking awesomeness! Release Date: Whenever stores sell it Game Website: PlayStation.com Game Info: Combining Ratchet & Clank’s adventure roots with an […]

+ lostboy85 on October 18th, 2007 at 8:24 pm said:

Awesome. Thanks for letting us know, i cant wait to play it.

+ Mana Knight on October 18th, 2007 at 8:31 pm said:

Awesome. I really hope I get my copy.

+ Ouren on October 18th, 2007 at 8:33 pm said:

Unexpected Quickness is my favorite!

+ Raziel Dune on October 18th, 2007 at 8:57 pm said:

wait….unexpected quickness?…..not a….delay…idk how to react….what? holy $*&# SWEEET!!!

+ Thomaticus on October 18th, 2007 at 8:59 pm said:

whats the name of the factory… I want to nominate and designate them FACTORY OF THE YEAR

+ Kamahl on October 18th, 2007 at 9:00 pm said:

thats great, im getting it as soon as i can :)

+ Ratchet & Clank Pushed Forward - StrafeRight.com Forums on October 18th, 2007 at 9:13 pm said:

[…] a larger site was reporting it. This is about as close to the horse’s mouth as you can get as the Playstation Blog is reporting; Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction may be out much sooner than the release date of […]

+ Eric10301 on October 18th, 2007 at 9:26 pm said:

I sure hope they fix the resolution bug because the demo looked like a horrible mess on my TV.

+ VGBlogger.com - » Ratchet & Clank Future Jumps the Gun on October 18th, 2007 at 9:29 pm said:

[…] Tools of Destruction didn’t need to be delayed a week after all. According to an entry at the PlayStation.Blog by SCEA’s Greg Phillips, R&C Future’s manufacturing went unexpectedly quick and […]

+ shadow730 on October 18th, 2007 at 9:43 pm said:

now thats what im talking about!

+ KnaveX on October 18th, 2007 at 9:45 pm said:

Wow, I’m impressed with you today Sony, you have turned a persons miserable day into one worth living for. Now, I don’t have a credit card, I recall reading about some type of, umm, Network card, yes I know I mention it to much on the blog but, you know, Sony, Baby, walk with me, talk with me. We need those cards, pronto.

+ Good news: Ratchet and Clank Future coming out sooner than you thought at Destructoid Gaming Blog on October 18th, 2007 at 10:01 pm said:

[…] it looks like Sony was just kidding, as they’re now saying that the game has already shipped to retailers. "Due to some […]

+ darktorns on October 18th, 2007 at 10:10 pm said:

well ps3 does need games now so badly b4 the holidays.

+ foolio_67 on October 18th, 2007 at 10:16 pm said:

Good to hear!

+ Deviation on October 18th, 2007 at 10:21 pm said:

Christmas is here!

+ stennex on October 18th, 2007 at 10:23 pm said:

You Gotta love Sony. Gamefly surprised me and changed the shipping date to Oct 25th.

+ Darkendless on October 18th, 2007 at 10:53 pm said:

Excellent I am anticipating this

+ bunnyhero on October 18th, 2007 at 10:53 pm said:

that is AWESOME news! i love the demo. and so far we haven’t seen many platform-y games this generation… this is a good start, i hope there are more to come.

+ Danny on October 18th, 2007 at 11:16 pm said:

:-D

i

+ Memo1205 on October 18th, 2007 at 11:23 pm said:

How bout online stores like gamestop will they ship the games early or I have to wait until the 30th.

+ StormLord on October 18th, 2007 at 11:38 pm said:

yay!

+ Phospho on October 19th, 2007 at 12:23 am said:

I dont really know if you guys as in the company reads this but so far as of right now you have totally impressed me with the demo and I will be buying your game when it is released, I have never played any of the previous versions but the graphics in the game on my HDTV was simply frucking amazing, tell the team great job.

+ Play-Beyond.NET » Blog Archive » Ratchet & Clank Future is ahead of schedule on October 19th, 2007 at 1:09 am said:

[…] Source: PlayStation.Blog […]

+ Get Ratchet and Clank Early - nukoda.com on October 19th, 2007 at 1:10 am said:

[…] official blog is reporting that since Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction has officially gone gold (on […]

+ Johnny Sasaki on October 19th, 2007 at 2:01 am said:

AWESOME! :D

+ greyham on October 19th, 2007 at 2:04 am said:

Amazing how short yall’s memory is. This game was delayed from the 23rd to the 30th about a month ago. Remember??? Now they actually get it out on the original release date and you start worshiping Sony. /Golf clap for the PR department, you guys learned a new trick……announce delays for games that you know will be on time, then act like you’ve pulled a rabbit out of your hat when it makes it’s original street date. Bravo boys.

+ Johnny Sasaki on October 19th, 2007 at 2:07 am said:

Greyham, technically it’s early because it’s already in some stores, and the 24th is 5 days from now. So even if it was still scheduled for the 24th, it would have been early. Amazing how bad your math is…

+ Sony on Rachet 26th Oct release “happy to allow it” | Gamecovered.com on October 19th, 2007 at 3:03 am said:

[…] have told customers to expect delivery on the original release date 26th Oct. Further more, Sony have responded to retailers, and fans on their Official Blog saying their happy to allow it. Something you […]

PAGE 1 2 3