PS4-The Order

Warhawk v1.2 Patch

Dylan Jobe's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Jobe on Oct 22, 2007 // President, LightBox Interactive

Ok … so last week I posted about our v1.1 patch which mainly dealt with core stats and connection issues. Today, I’d like to let all of you know what’s included in the v1.2 patch that is being tested right now.

Patch v1.2 addresses some main requests that our community has made as well as fixes the primary exploits and glitches … and adds some new layouts!

Patch v1.2 includes:

* 5 New layouts.
* Clan game server option.
* Buddy slot reservations.
* Integrated Warhawk Store.
* Updated CTF capture/return behavior.
* Internal stat padder protection.
* Booster Pack status display at join game list.
* DualShock3 integration.
* Separate SIXAXIS motion control on/off per mode (ground, hover, flight).
* Detailed Player Score display at end of game fixed.
* Added new server type filters (player, ranked, dedicated, clan, Official Warhawk, etc).
* Added new server full/open filter.
* Fall damage exploit fixed.
* Dismount into walls exploit fixed.
* Invisible Tank, Turret & Warhawk exploit fixed.
* Auto-kick of idle players.
* Add to Favorites button added to end game screen.
* Increased VOIP volume when not using headset.

There are a couple of items on this list that probably need a bit more clarification :-)

bonus_layout1

The new clan-game server option lets you set 2 clan names, one for the Eucadian team and one for the Chernovan team. Then, when you launch the game, the server will auto-sort the clans on the correct teams. The server will also only allow members of those 2 clans to connect. Clan games are also displayed in a different color at the join game list.

bonus_layout3

Buddy slot reservations allow you to specify a number of player slots on the server that *only* players in your PSN buddy list can join. So go ahead and kick up a game and you can always make sure that you friends can jump in with you and get their Warhawk on!

We also fixed what a lot of players refer to as the “tank” glitch. This actually could happen to turrets and Warhawks too. It is an annoying exploit and we’re happy to have it fixed – I’m sure all of you will be too!

bonus_layout2

We enabled DualShock3 functionality in the V1.2 patch too … maybe you all have heard something about this or read about it on the internet? Ha Ha :-)

The Warhawk Store is also going to be enabled in v1.2. This allows players to purchase Warhawk content, Booster Packs, etc from within Warhawk, rather than going through the XMB and then to the store – this is mainly for convenience.

bonus_layout5

And of course some new layouts – as you’ve seen from the images scattered throughout this post!

We have found that while a lot of players like playing the really large games, there was a pretty big segment that was playing smaller games. With that trend, we wanted to rig some new layouts that are more geared for smaller games; 4 to 8 players. The new layouts are:

* Eucadia: High City
* Island Outpost: Standoff
* The Badlands: South City
* Destroyed Capitol: Garden Showdown
* Archipelago: Close Corridors

bonus_layout4

So there you have it. The update list for patch v1.2 that is currently being tested right now and we are tracking an early to mid December global release.

And of course I can’t end this post without mentioning the Booster Pack. So there, I said it…”Booster Pack” :-)

LOLOLOL

No seriously … my next post in just a few days will give you all a glimpse of an internal gameplay session we had with the Booster Pack. It’s just a glimpse because as I’ve said before, our top priority has been on the v1.1 and v1.2 updates.

Over and out…

328 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 7

+ Conch_Bubby on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:03 am said:

Sweet!!!!

+ saunderswan on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:05 am said:

Sweet sounds great

+ rique on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:07 am said:

I think a free booster pack would make everyone that hasn’t been able to play this game happy.

I bought the game weeks ago and I rarely can connect in a server = (
But who cares about me and other people that had problems, right? You are fixing it now and I should just shut up.

+ TTP on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:10 am said:

Holy [DELETED] I fainted

+ chainlink13 on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:11 am said:

Helll yeahhh…I want to drive with analog sticks and fly with motion controls!!!!

+ Dubbedinenglish on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:13 am said:

Oh very impressive. Can’t wait for it!!

+ Solace on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:15 am said:

So happy about this new update, especially:
- new map configs
- easier to filter games
- DS3 integration
Nice addition, and nice to know that all these things are free. Love to see a much loved game grow like this!

+ BurningLance on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:16 am said:

SWEET thank you so much.

here have a cookie.

+ AZDodger on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:18 am said:

so, is the v1.1 patch already in the game? I logged in this morning after the maint. window and nothing had changed as far as rank/stats go… just wondering…. thanks!

+ RoAcH2285 on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:20 am said:

Sweet.Making a great game better.

+ darkwonders on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:21 am said:

Boo ya! So what are people going to complain about now?

I knew it would be worth the wait of releasing a patch! Talk about a hell of a pack!

The only thing I’m worried about now is the buddy saver option. Does this worked for ranked games as well? Cause people could still technically stat pad by waiting for their buddies to get on a ranked match…

Well that’s all I have for now…

+ jerrt on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:27 am said:

great update. i can’t wait to have separation of sixaxis controls.

+ Random on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:27 am said:

This is awesome!!

+ h3ro on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:28 am said:

When is the update going up?

+ RoAcH2285 on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:28 am said:

The only thing I’m wondering about is “Updated CTF capture/return behavior”.I wonder what this means?Dylan?

+ Starfleets on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:28 am said:

Dylan,

Sounds fantastic. Thanks for the great work. Is it possible you give us some news or hints as to what to expect in terms of downloadable content?

Would Air Ship bases be possible? That would be an incredible game type.

+ h3ro on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:29 am said:

MID DECEMBER!!! BOO!

+ Rated-G on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:30 am said:

So what’s changed with the CTF flag return save behavior? I really love the way it works right now… I just hate when you’re flag has been dropped and you’re standing there trying to save it, but it times out and re-spawns at the base instead. I’ve lost a lot of points waiting by the flag when the progress bar is ALMOST finished only to have it re-spawn…

But I love the way it speeds up when there’s more people trying to save it, because it’s cool to get a bit of teamwork out of it, and at the same time it’s risky because someone can easily wipe out half of your team with a TOW or an airstrike. The point system works well for the flags, since it’s easy to get team points but you need a helluva lot of them to get rewarded for it.

+ lostboy85 on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:33 am said:

Jobe i cant thank you and your team enough for all the effort you have put into this game. Warhawk is the first game i have ever enjoyed playing online.

+ chainlink13 on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:33 am said:

@9 AZDodger

1.1 comes out at the end of this month…Ahhh…mid-December sounds too far away for 1.2!

+ Dubbedinenglish on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:36 am said:

@ Dylan

Could you expand on the updated CTF return behavior? Is that a realignment of points gained?

+ subbed on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:36 am said:

With the others what does “Updated CTF capture/return behavior” mean as far as gameplay goes.

+ B1ack_Mage on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:37 am said:

Nice! If it’s possible, in a patch add the ability to invite a friend into a game.

+ orange-taiko on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:41 am said:

What are the exploits? Does the tank exploit and fall damage issue refer to rolling off a cliff on a tank and taking no damage?

I’m confused about what booster packs are and how they affect the game. Does this provide an advantage to players?

I’m happy the team cares enough about the community to provide refinements. I’ve personally never had a negative experience or seen exploits. My only request would be team teardowns and rebuilds after a lopsided victory. I always seem to get plopped onto a mess of a team.

+ sequoia on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:42 am said:

wished you would’ve done XMB access instead of a straight Warhawk store access. It’d be nice to send/receive messages to buddies in game, instead of having to go out and doing so.

+ derrickgott007 on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:43 am said:

HEY DYLAN JOBE, ARE YOU EVER GOING TO DO ANYTHING WITH THE CHEATER AND STAT PADDER TransAMZ28??? He is #2 on WARHAWK leaderboards…and he cheats and stat pads. he does the same thing on NASCAR 08.

It’s about time SONY does something with this guy…Like a PERMANENT IP ban

+ gourmettea on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:44 am said:

On the next patch, can you put a little more weight on the characters?

When I’m on foot it feels like the character is skating or sliding around instead of actual running.

+ silentmatt on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:45 am said:

Great work guys. DAMN.

I can’t wait for these patches to be released!

+ Reluctant Hero on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:51 am said:

This awesome! Thank you very much Dylan and the Warhawk team! This is all coming at just the right time!

+ CrimsonCalibur on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:53 am said:

That is one heck of an update Dylan!

Great job to all of you guys on the Warhawk team!

+ XxBigP123xX on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:55 am said:

god bless your soul :)

+ XxBigP123xX on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:57 am said:

wait…december? WOW.

+ TTP on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:00 pm said:

Hey Dylan, could you elaborate about the “updated CTF capture/return behavior”?

+ Jorge_Rdz on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:04 pm said:

Awesome!!! Looking forward to it.
But December is a long time :(. I was thinking more of a next week release :(.

+ GamerMan76 on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:05 pm said:

I’m wondering about the * Updated CTF capture/return behavior * also?

+ naughtyco on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:10 pm said:

Warhawk is my first online game I’ve ever purchased and I’ve been playing video games for over 12 years.
This post regarding the updates cements why I chose Warhawk. Incognito, along with Naughty Dog and Team ICO are fall-back standards that I will stand by and praise for quality in the face of modern blandness shoved down our throats by other various big wig companies.
Excellent news. Thank you for making me a proud PS3 owner.

+ Spiderman1985 on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:12 pm said:

Dylan please read!!! Warhawk is awesome!!! But, I’m having problem with the tanks. Just about every round I play I will shoot a warhawk and it will not take damage or even explode. I even see the damage animation when I shoot it. You might think that I’m not aiming right but I asure you that I am. I have even shot them point blank on the ground and it has happened a few times. And for a high skilled tank player who shoots warhawks out of the sky it is very frustrating. I still play warhawk all the time and it is one of my favorites, but I do hope it gets fixed. Would you please investigate this problem? Thanks for reading.

+ SWANN on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:14 pm said:

Hey, Dylan,

All I can say is: sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! ;) This is exactly what I’m talking about. Both patches should make for almost perfect matches after they are implemented. Good show!!! BTW, what’s up with patch v.1.1? Wasn’t it supposed to be implemented in the Maintenance window this morning? Will it be this Monday or next Monday or somewhere in-between that?

Until all are 1,

SWANN

+ DrPirate on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:17 pm said:

I have had the same problem as Spiderman.

On a seperate note: I hope these booster packs are free/really really really cheap. The worst thing that can happen right now is a splintered community.

+ lonewulf_19301 on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:24 pm said:

Great work Dylan and the rest of the Warhawk guys! Love the game, been really keeping me busy lately!

+ bicclick2002 on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:31 pm said:

Maybe I overlooked this but. . . would there happened to be a set release date for v1.1? It seems the update hasn’t been released yet? Hopefully it’s soon, I’m looking forward to both updates. Thanks guys!

+ Savage on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:35 pm said:

This is a bumper update. Excellent stuff!!

+ Alucard TheDestroyer on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:37 pm said:

Awesome news Dylan. Thanks to you and your team for the continued diligence towards WarHawk!

+ GibbShift on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:37 pm said:

Simply awesome. Nothing else to say. Can’t wait for it. The new map layouts should be a blast on Deathmatches.

+ fireras on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:44 pm said:

Damn you Dylan….I love this update its sweet…it addresses most of the things we wanted and some we didn’t even think about. I guess this means we are gonna be playing Warhawk for a bit longer than we originally thought…my clan and I.

Next up:
-VoIP channels
-Clan stats page

What? you thought you were gonna get off easy? Don’t you know we are Playstation fans? We are never pleased. Give us the world and we will ask, “what about the other planets? can we get some of those too?”.

Thanks again man.

+ Raziel Dune on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:46 pm said:

Warhawk just getting better.

Dylan Jobe's Avatar

+ Dylan Jobe on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:48 pm said:

@ Everyone who has CTF questions :-)

Here’s the new behavior:

There is one flag timer – it counts up when being carried away by the opposing team and counts down when dropped. It counts down faster as more members of the team surround it. The timer does not automatically reset if you leave the capture radius. Nor does it reset if you fought to almost get the flag returned and then were killed.

The timers are basically persistent now.

There is a new mode activated after both flags are away from the base for some time to prevent stalemates – “Sudden Death mode” where both flags are visible to everyone and the flag counts down very fast.

The flag carrier is visible only when in a vehicle, someone observes from the warhawk passenger slot or Sudden death mode is in effect.

+ Violater on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:50 pm said:

Wow Evolution studios could learn a thing here.
Motorstorm Online has been a Pain since day one and is still a pain to this day.
Trying to play a game should not make me so frustrated.

+ OrganicShadow on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:50 pm said:

Dylan, I think you and Mark Rein need to show other developers how it’s done. Offering a crapton of value and support is where it’s at. Not releasing a product and leaving the userbase in the dark, and having to fend for themselves inside confusing FAQ-based support systems like EA.

Once a product is out that doesn’t mean the job is done. You support that product, extend it’s value through booster packs both for free and to purchase, fix bugs, and continue to look for feedback.

SO freaking happy I got Warhawk and SO freaking happy I got a PS3. Can’t wait for the patch(es) and for the booster packs. I think the number one thing im looking for though is more maps(possibly a snow-based level) and then more vehicles. Other than that I have no room to complain about what Warhawk is offering me.

Just wish I could tape myself sniping Warhawks out of the sky. Never gets old…..EVAR.

PAGE 1 2 3 4