LittleBigPlanet 3

Warhawk v1.2 Patch

Dylan Jobe's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Jobe on Oct 22, 2007 // President, LightBox Interactive

Ok … so last week I posted about our v1.1 patch which mainly dealt with core stats and connection issues. Today, I’d like to let all of you know what’s included in the v1.2 patch that is being tested right now.

Patch v1.2 addresses some main requests that our community has made as well as fixes the primary exploits and glitches … and adds some new layouts!

Patch v1.2 includes:

* 5 New layouts.
* Clan game server option.
* Buddy slot reservations.
* Integrated Warhawk Store.
* Updated CTF capture/return behavior.
* Internal stat padder protection.
* Booster Pack status display at join game list.
* DualShock3 integration.
* Separate SIXAXIS motion control on/off per mode (ground, hover, flight).
* Detailed Player Score display at end of game fixed.
* Added new server type filters (player, ranked, dedicated, clan, Official Warhawk, etc).
* Added new server full/open filter.
* Fall damage exploit fixed.
* Dismount into walls exploit fixed.
* Invisible Tank, Turret & Warhawk exploit fixed.
* Auto-kick of idle players.
* Add to Favorites button added to end game screen.
* Increased VOIP volume when not using headset.

There are a couple of items on this list that probably need a bit more clarification :-)

bonus_layout1

The new clan-game server option lets you set 2 clan names, one for the Eucadian team and one for the Chernovan team. Then, when you launch the game, the server will auto-sort the clans on the correct teams. The server will also only allow members of those 2 clans to connect. Clan games are also displayed in a different color at the join game list.

bonus_layout3

Buddy slot reservations allow you to specify a number of player slots on the server that *only* players in your PSN buddy list can join. So go ahead and kick up a game and you can always make sure that you friends can jump in with you and get their Warhawk on!

We also fixed what a lot of players refer to as the “tank” glitch. This actually could happen to turrets and Warhawks too. It is an annoying exploit and we’re happy to have it fixed – I’m sure all of you will be too!

bonus_layout2

We enabled DualShock3 functionality in the V1.2 patch too … maybe you all have heard something about this or read about it on the internet? Ha Ha :-)

The Warhawk Store is also going to be enabled in v1.2. This allows players to purchase Warhawk content, Booster Packs, etc from within Warhawk, rather than going through the XMB and then to the store – this is mainly for convenience.

bonus_layout5

And of course some new layouts – as you’ve seen from the images scattered throughout this post!

We have found that while a lot of players like playing the really large games, there was a pretty big segment that was playing smaller games. With that trend, we wanted to rig some new layouts that are more geared for smaller games; 4 to 8 players. The new layouts are:

* Eucadia: High City
* Island Outpost: Standoff
* The Badlands: South City
* Destroyed Capitol: Garden Showdown
* Archipelago: Close Corridors

bonus_layout4

So there you have it. The update list for patch v1.2 that is currently being tested right now and we are tracking an early to mid December global release.

And of course I can’t end this post without mentioning the Booster Pack. So there, I said it…”Booster Pack” :-)

LOLOLOL

No seriously … my next post in just a few days will give you all a glimpse of an internal gameplay session we had with the Booster Pack. It’s just a glimpse because as I’ve said before, our top priority has been on the v1.1 and v1.2 updates.

Over and out…

328 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 7

+ Joe on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:51 pm said:

I was wondering if there would be any way to add real offline play to this game.

Seeing as me and my brother are not that good online so we just play the Lan game and to play that you have to log online. So is there any way we could do that without having to be online.

Plus another thing seeing as we just play two player VS the maps are down sized so you can’t use many of the vehicles or turrents. So would there be any way to open up the level more.

I know this would mean it would be harder to find him in the game but it would also be more fun seeing as then you have different ways to take him out.

Plus keep up the good work. Warhawk really is the best PS3 game out there and hope some day in the future there will be a Warhawk 3 seeing as this really is warhawk 2. So may be in 2010 there could be another and have some kind of single play campaign mode.

Again good work and I can’t wait to see what next game can come out of Incognito.

+ joel on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:53 pm said:

All we need now is…

MORE MAPS!!!!

Just atleast 2 NEW MAPS. wITH snow and a TORNADO.

+ Gunwing on October 22nd, 2007 at 12:58 pm said:

cool! I guss I made a good choice by selecting this System and this game. Good to see those bugs fixed, as well as the added Dual Shock 3 support! rock on! This means when we plug it in we can have the rumble on and it will shake for everything we do right? shooting guns/fmalers/death/boosting/explosions/hits on your body that kind of stuff right?

+ BULL3TPR00F on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:00 pm said:

wicked, this is going to be really sweet.

glad to see the WarHawk team is striving to keep this game hot :) thanks :D

Dylan Jobe's Avatar

+ Dylan Jobe on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:02 pm said:

@Joe

Allowing you to play with your brother *without* the network hardware initialized is a good idea and one that we have discussed internally for quite some time.

I can’t commit to anything but we’re looking into :-)

+ eksMAN on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:02 pm said:

cool

+ Gunwing on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:06 pm said:

Um….. For DL content any chance the ground pownders can get some new toys? like mabe a APC of some type for each team? I mean we all love the fly, but some of us love to fight on the ground as well.

Also any chance of SubMachineGuns, LightMachineGunss, or even a cool Anti-tank rifle being added?

+ Delriach on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:08 pm said:

This is great. The only shame is that I have to wait until december.

+ MegaClank on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:08 pm said:

What an amazing v1.1 and v1.2, I can’t wait!

+ RoAcH2285 on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:09 pm said:

@Dylan
are you guys going to hook us up with some new maps anytime soon or do you plead the fifth?

+ hitmanAUA on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:11 pm said:

cool but Dylan are there any plans to add new weapon?

+ EvoAnubis on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:13 pm said:

This is good. This is very, very good.

+ Hell-RaizeR on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:15 pm said:

Taking care of business!!

+ JunkYardPuppy on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:27 pm said:

Yay I hope the booster packs aren’t too good or else I’ll have no more money for new games :(. Sweet though..looking forward to 1.2…and 1.1 yay.

+ Hitman_Legend on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:30 pm said:

Wow, Icognito you guys are role models for online gaming. You guys continue to support the game even after its come out, and the best part is, you actually care, if there was an award out for online gaming developers, you guys at Incognito sure as hell deserve it.

+ Kpepe on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:32 pm said:

WOW for 1.1 and 1.2

+ Kratos_ate_Snake on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:34 pm said:

OMG I pooted at the great news…

you guys are the best.

+ Bierbeer on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:34 pm said:

[quote]@Joe

I can’t commit to anything but we’re looking into :-)[/quote]

I get Joe’s point, he and his brother just want to learn a bit more about the game handling/weapons/weapon locations etc etc without actually playing it online. What about a little tutorial to get familiar with the game in the next update?

I also have some little tweaks i would like to see in the next patch(es)

1. On startup you’ll get the usage policy you’ll have to accept or decline. Why not accept it once and when the policy is changed the screen will return so you’ll have to accept it again. Its kinda useless now, ive read it once and the other times im just accepting blind (just another useless handling?)

2. Kinda the same with the announcements, just put this in the online homepage there is room enough and saves a little time to skip the intro.

3. Going to community/clans it retrieves clan info, going to my clan again info is retrieved going back to my clans again retrieving info. Its kinda time consuming. Why retrieving all info at once and make a refresh button so you can manually retrieve it if you feel like?

4. Refreshing complete server list when a connection is failed is also so frustrating, but ill guess the connection problems will be solved with the upcomming patches. Or maybe just stop the auto refresh and make a manual one :)

I was just thinking, i would never have posted anything like this if i knew no one would read this :) So ill guess you guys are doing a great job in reading and responding to the blog comments !

Keep up the good work, great game ! Warhawk rocks !

Congrats from the Netherlands !

+ Ric_Flair on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:43 pm said:

Dylan pwns again!

+ Hitman_Legend on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:43 pm said:

Hey also one a side note, How about adding some ground vehicle customization if possible?

+ Kamahl on October 22nd, 2007 at 1:51 pm said:

everything sounds great, excepted mid december :(

+ Gregero on October 22nd, 2007 at 2:00 pm said:

I love how you guys have managed to turn the whole situation with the bugs around, Dylan. I used to rarely play but now I really play hardcore. It was well worth the wait. With these updates you’ll be adding in the next few months Warhawk will evolve into something never achieved before. It’s better than the other teams game on the other thing (you know…) I’m really at a lack of words because of how great this game is. The fact that you’re mentioning a booster pack makes me want to jump for joy. I hope you guys add some really neat things to it. Do you think you could ever shape Warhawk into a game that takes place on land, air AND sea? What I mean is- could Warhawk ever evolve into sea battles with carriers and small islands? What ever you guys do I know it’ll be excellent. Great job!

+ Zouls on October 22nd, 2007 at 2:01 pm said:

This game is one of the best ive had in a long time and im happy you guys actually listened to the warhawk comunity and acted accordingly to take care of the glitches, bugs etc on such a short notice.

There is a question id like to ask though and it is about the comunication when ingame.
An example:
Someone has set up a server entirely for his friends/buds and many of them have headset.
So to make it even a more fun experience, is it possible to talk amongst eachother even if not on the same team?

This comes in handy when playing with his/her clan buds and being able to talk to everyone ingame wether you are Chernovian or Eucadian?

Thx for a great game guys.

+ joel on October 22nd, 2007 at 2:13 pm said:

Please

A SNOW MAP AND A TORNADO MAP!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

+ Xenokai on October 22nd, 2007 at 2:16 pm said:

Hey Dylan, I was wondering about these player ranked servers, will this allow splitscreen play on player ranked games? Like for the 2nd,3rd, and 4th player no stats are counted for them maybe just let them play with you. I play splitscreen alot and i wish my points counted for something.

+ RainerLagStyle on October 22nd, 2007 at 2:21 pm said:

Wait, are we going to be microtransactioned to death?

Sigh. Please say no. It costs me an extra $5.00 everytime I add money on my debit card, and the microtransaction marketing model is balls.

Surely you won’t be charging for extra vehicles and all that? Surely not? I paid $60 for the game, I don’t want to have to buy other BS just to keep up with everyone else having an advantage because they have money. The only time these sorts of things are even close to acceptable is in games like Eye of Judgment, where you have to buy booster packs of CARDS.

Ugh. If we’re to pay for things in the future, you’ve effectively jaded me on Warhawk, and it’s so much fun.

+ RainerLagStyle on October 22nd, 2007 at 2:25 pm said:

I forgot to add, if you’re not going to require us to pay for stuff that gives you an advantage, that update is terrific and addresses concerns I’ve had since I got the game on release day, and even adds some stuff I wasn’t expecting at all. Kudos if this is a free update, and you’ll have earned my respect as being one of the few companies that stood against the hordes of moneygrubbing microtransaction campaigners.

+ Xenokai on October 22nd, 2007 at 2:29 pm said:

They dont charge for updates. What they will be charging for “Booster Pack” is basicly new maps and maybe new vehicles that will prob be used by anyone in ur game.

+ MagNuM-OPs on October 22nd, 2007 at 2:31 pm said:

we want open mic option!!! that killed many beta testers that bought the retail and especially downloadable version purchasers…if any warhawk devs read this…bring the open mic system back…or at least an option for it..you let a lot of people down and we know you work close with your gamers…so help us out and add the open mic feature

+ Solace on October 22nd, 2007 at 2:42 pm said:

@RainerLagStyle
He said that this is an update, so it’d be free. The booster packs will probably be pay-to-play.
And you paid $60 for the game AND a BlueTooth headset, not just for the game.
Considering I only spent $40 on the game, I’m willing to spend up to (but no more than) $60 total for add-ons if they’re worth it…

Dylan Jobe's Avatar

+ Dylan Jobe on October 22nd, 2007 at 2:51 pm said:

The patch updates are free. Yes, we’re adding new features and new layouts with the v1.2 patch…but its still free.

:-)

+ Vassago on October 22nd, 2007 at 2:52 pm said:

Did you tink someday you will bring some boat, lot of people talk about that and i think that can be a really good idea, my real question is do you will put new map in the booster pack ? I hope so, that games was one of the best game for now on the ps3 and like you see your rated in the 4 position in the most selling, so try to be first :) Keep up and say a nice congratulation to all the team :)

+ subbed on October 22nd, 2007 at 3:00 pm said:

Wow didn’t think you were still monitoring peoples responses. Keep up the good work. Actually break it this game is too addicting. :)

+ HanSolo on October 22nd, 2007 at 3:02 pm said:

great, finally, i hope this comes out soon!
also, is the freezing been fixed in one of this patches??

+ TTP on October 22nd, 2007 at 3:07 pm said:

Thanks you very much for the clarification about the CTF rules Dylan. Is there anything new related to the points scored as well? I mean, do you score less points if you return the flag while it’s still near the base and more if it is far away?

+ MasterCharged on October 22nd, 2007 at 3:11 pm said:

hey dylan. will you please add a red dot in the sniping scope. its so hard to snipe with that thing. im at 689 kills right now but my accuracy is 34%.

Dylan Jobe's Avatar

+ Dylan Jobe on October 22nd, 2007 at 3:15 pm said:

@MasterCharged

Do you mean a red dot in the middle of the scope?

+ Totao on October 22nd, 2007 at 3:18 pm said:

any release dates for this patches yet dylan??? This patch might bring back jags out of hiding

Dylan Jobe's Avatar

+ Dylan Jobe on October 22nd, 2007 at 3:22 pm said:

@Totao

HaHa!

Jags was a bad-A$$ !!!!

+ killawww on October 22nd, 2007 at 3:28 pm said:

I think this is so cool that you guys are putting up an update on warhawk with alot of good this i play warhawk everyday when i get on my lunch break and when i get home form work it don’t matter what time it is i am on Sony is the best you guys are the best keep up the work so we can take this console war bake to were we belong shut all these critic’s up ps3 #1

+ emoticon23 on October 22nd, 2007 at 3:28 pm said:

Dylan,

Great game and appreciate your hard work. I was wondering if you are planning to implement a que so that when i want to join a specific server it will auto-launch when a slot is open. This helps when clan members would like to play on the same server. Thanks.

+ emoticon23 on October 22nd, 2007 at 3:32 pm said:

Dylan,

Some SCEA split screen servers would be a huge bonus =). We love to lan=D

+ fireras on October 22nd, 2007 at 3:37 pm said:

Totao you should know that jags is not hiding…he is away on friendship duties…he needs to hurry back tho…we need him if we are gonna dominate GB.

Anywhoo…any chances of open-mics being an option in anyone of these two updates?

+ jiggyjosh on October 22nd, 2007 at 3:55 pm said:

Dylan i think a good booster to warhawk and to ps3 would be to be able to play your own background music while in game like on the xbox its a great feature on that system and would boost mine and many more peoples gameing expierience and i thought you said the release of the game comes with everything and that we wouldnt need to by any extra parts once the game is released and if i have to pay to get more vehicles im gona be pissed because that would be BS to have to pay more money

+ TTP on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:02 pm said:

Just out of curiosity Dylan, is a HUD restyling on your “stuff to fix” list by any chance? It sure get’s its job done as it is, but I wouldnt mind if it looked a little bit “cooler”.

I also have a couple of suggestions on this regard.

1 – Make it so that the HUD color is blu or red depending on the team you are in. This should help with the unintentional teamkilling when switching sides from game to game. Not sure what team you are in? Just look at the HUD!

2 – Add “something” to the HUD that allows you to immediately understand if you are Eucadian or Chernovian. While this is a non-issue while on foot as you can see your character model, it IS an issue if you are in a tank or in a Warhawk. Especially in a Warhawk. I died plenty of times by flying close to an Eucadian air mine because I was in an Eucadian warhawk but I was indeed Chernovian :D Ooops!

3 – Life bar. Make it GREEN when full, YELLOW when at half and RED when almost depleted. This way it’s easier for the player to understand his state using peripherial vision. Colors are easier to detect.

That’s it. Hope you take these suggestons into consideration cos I think they are relatively easy to implement.

Cheers

+ TTP on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:07 pm said:

Adding a “warning” sound when life bar is critical would be another option btw

+ StormLord on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:07 pm said:

how much $$ is the booster pack going to cost us?

+ Lareden on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:07 pm said:

@ gourmettea:
Hush you! The character movement is wonderful. So much better than a certain other game that rhymes with ‘J-Lo’.
Halo, er I mean, that other game, feels like swimming through pudding. Not to mention Warhawk blows it away in every other respect… well, except there’s no single player. Well, I suppose there is, but it involves a second controller and some dexterous feet.

+ ryuk on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:11 pm said:

@Dylan Jobe
Hey dylan i was in that warhawk tourement too with jags71 and the rules said were getting a signed copy from you guys is that still coming???

+ Draicus on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:12 pm said:

Any chance that we’ll hear about new game types sometime soon, Dylan? Warhawk is a killer game with a truly epic feel, but having only four game types, two of which hardly anyone plays, really limits the potential of the game.