Minecraft PS4

Warhawk v1.2 Patch

Dylan Jobe's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Jobe on Oct 22, 2007 // President, LightBox Interactive

Ok … so last week I posted about our v1.1 patch which mainly dealt with core stats and connection issues. Today, I’d like to let all of you know what’s included in the v1.2 patch that is being tested right now.

Patch v1.2 addresses some main requests that our community has made as well as fixes the primary exploits and glitches … and adds some new layouts!

Patch v1.2 includes:

* 5 New layouts.
* Clan game server option.
* Buddy slot reservations.
* Integrated Warhawk Store.
* Updated CTF capture/return behavior.
* Internal stat padder protection.
* Booster Pack status display at join game list.
* DualShock3 integration.
* Separate SIXAXIS motion control on/off per mode (ground, hover, flight).
* Detailed Player Score display at end of game fixed.
* Added new server type filters (player, ranked, dedicated, clan, Official Warhawk, etc).
* Added new server full/open filter.
* Fall damage exploit fixed.
* Dismount into walls exploit fixed.
* Invisible Tank, Turret & Warhawk exploit fixed.
* Auto-kick of idle players.
* Add to Favorites button added to end game screen.
* Increased VOIP volume when not using headset.

There are a couple of items on this list that probably need a bit more clarification :-)

bonus_layout1

The new clan-game server option lets you set 2 clan names, one for the Eucadian team and one for the Chernovan team. Then, when you launch the game, the server will auto-sort the clans on the correct teams. The server will also only allow members of those 2 clans to connect. Clan games are also displayed in a different color at the join game list.

bonus_layout3

Buddy slot reservations allow you to specify a number of player slots on the server that *only* players in your PSN buddy list can join. So go ahead and kick up a game and you can always make sure that you friends can jump in with you and get their Warhawk on!

We also fixed what a lot of players refer to as the “tank” glitch. This actually could happen to turrets and Warhawks too. It is an annoying exploit and we’re happy to have it fixed – I’m sure all of you will be too!

bonus_layout2

We enabled DualShock3 functionality in the V1.2 patch too … maybe you all have heard something about this or read about it on the internet? Ha Ha :-)

The Warhawk Store is also going to be enabled in v1.2. This allows players to purchase Warhawk content, Booster Packs, etc from within Warhawk, rather than going through the XMB and then to the store – this is mainly for convenience.

bonus_layout5

And of course some new layouts – as you’ve seen from the images scattered throughout this post!

We have found that while a lot of players like playing the really large games, there was a pretty big segment that was playing smaller games. With that trend, we wanted to rig some new layouts that are more geared for smaller games; 4 to 8 players. The new layouts are:

* Eucadia: High City
* Island Outpost: Standoff
* The Badlands: South City
* Destroyed Capitol: Garden Showdown
* Archipelago: Close Corridors

bonus_layout4

So there you have it. The update list for patch v1.2 that is currently being tested right now and we are tracking an early to mid December global release.

And of course I can’t end this post without mentioning the Booster Pack. So there, I said it…”Booster Pack” :-)

LOLOLOL

No seriously … my next post in just a few days will give you all a glimpse of an internal gameplay session we had with the Booster Pack. It’s just a glimpse because as I’ve said before, our top priority has been on the v1.1 and v1.2 updates.

Over and out…

328 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7

+ Hinezy on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:13 pm said:

I was hoping in the future we could get some new vehicles. I have two in mind. (1) A duece and a half (troop carrying truck) that could hold around ten troops. The advantage to this vehicle would be arriving at their base with ten fully armed troops ready to attack. The disadvantage would be that it would take allot of team work to get it there without someone blowing it up and getting ten kills.
(2) A helicoptor. It would have faster maneuverability when in hover mode than the warhawk but in flight mode would be much slower than the warhawk. You can see where this vehicle would have advantages and disadvantages.

Just a thought

Dylan Jobe's Avatar

+ Dylan Jobe on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:18 pm said:

@ryuk

The IGN Battle right?

I’ll ask our PR team and see whats up!

+ dpickett on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:19 pm said:

@Dylan_Jobe

Thanks, glad to see the the new upgrades. I Can’t wait for more.

I notice you avoid addressing the idea of a snow level, and the people taking of the “sea-hawk” Don’t be a tease Dylan.

+ GamerMan76 on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:31 pm said:

Thanks for the info on the CTF… I think that will be an alright update to it :)

+ S3NTRY on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:32 pm said:

Dylan, thanks so much for info on the patch, and I am really glad y’all are keeping your promise and adapting to the community.

I would just like to know, would it ever be possible to have an in-game messaging system?

I hate having to go on my computer and send someone a message that we should play…

If not that, then would it be possible to pull up the XMB friends list so that we can message that way instead??

Please reply, thanks bro.

+ emoticon23 on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:33 pm said:

@dylan : is the buddy slot reservation only for servers users create or will it somehow work with SCEA servers?

+ jibroberts on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:41 pm said:

I love this game…I just have one request. Would you be able to do something with the second seat of the Warhawk. Mount a gun or something in there so if you get in with someone you have a chance to atleast fire at the enemy also….just a suggestion….love the game….can’t wait for the the updates!!!

+ S3NTRY on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:44 pm said:

@jibroberts: I agree, but I think that might make thing a bit imbalanced.

I just wish we could jump out if we are riding cockpit….

But then people would be able to go into out of bounds areas, or mountains and stuff we aren’t allowed to be on…

:-\

+ Devin1498 on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:44 pm said:

Are you looking into the fact that its impossible to join games? Something tells me rendering your game playable should be prioritized over adding new features to it.

+ foolio_67 on October 22nd, 2007 at 4:50 pm said:

Awesome!

+ sainraja on October 22nd, 2007 at 5:03 pm said:

If you guys could, could you add support for local profiles within the game?

My friends who come over to play have to change their settings everytime…..which is a little annoying or if their settings could be the same as mine….instead of the default ones.

+ patrickp3 on October 22nd, 2007 at 5:17 pm said:

Well it’s about friggin time. We’ve all been playing this beta-version for two months now, glad to see someone finally did his/her job.

I can only hope that any expansion maps or whatever are appropriately priced for we Canadian gamers, and that Sony et al doesn’t continue to try to gouge us with higher pricing.

+ STANNER on October 22nd, 2007 at 5:47 pm said:

please please please! Option to dim or make semi-transparent heads up display to stop it burning into my plasma! Thanks!

+ Escobar4LifeX on October 22nd, 2007 at 5:47 pm said:

Wow that’s awesome! You guys/gals are amazing talented developers! I’m glad I purchased Warhawk!

I’m really happy about DualShock 3 support because I imported one (Ceramic White) and I can’t wait to use it…especially when playing Warhawk!

By the way, is it possible for other players playing on the same console (split-screen) to sign in with their own PSN IDs? You know, just in case they want to play ranked matches.

Anyways, thanks for sharing the patch details. Keep up the great work! I’m glad there are developers (like you guys) that care about us.

+ ryuk on October 22nd, 2007 at 5:56 pm said:

@ Dylan Jobe
Yup the IGN battle which was freakin AWSOME! by the way
Ok thanks dylan.
Please respond to me on here when you get a answer please or email my at
myvanshoes@yahoo.com
THanks Dylan!

+ Escobar4LifeX on October 22nd, 2007 at 6:09 pm said:

I forgot 1 request. Can we get the option to customize our controls? I prefer to throw grenades & shoot with the L2 & R2 respectively. I would configure a few other things. But the option to customize the controls would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!!!

+ Scar28fo on October 22nd, 2007 at 6:14 pm said:

it would be cool to add the ability to swim and ships too. something like an atv vehicle wpould be awesome!

+ Skater_Ricky on October 22nd, 2007 at 6:20 pm said:

To: Dylan Jobe

Im glade we have this coming to us… becuase warhawk kicks butt..

Good Christmas Gift to us all thanks GUYS for making warhawk and keeping it strong keep up the good work :)

Add from Comment #121:

I too would like to see the settings be at least the same as the First Person or have some kind of Log in for the Second Person and so on.. :D

It would be kick butt if we could play our own charters from our own accounts and add more rankings and kills to our account too..

This would be a awsome BIG PLUS. Maybe this could be something that can be worked on down the road like a new version like your 2.0 or something. ;)

Thanks again Ricky,

+ Jeigh on October 22nd, 2007 at 6:27 pm said:

Holy… cow. You guys are delivering big time! Pretty much every request I’ve heard has been addressed. Nicely done! :D

+ sammyk on October 22nd, 2007 at 6:30 pm said:

Dylan,
I would like to say thank you so much for keeping the little people informed on what is important to us. I truly believe if the rest of PS3 world can follow your lead, the playstation legacy will live on FOREVER!

original PS3 owner who sat 44 hours outside for the best gaming machine known to man.

+ gamer812 on October 22nd, 2007 at 7:07 pm said:

Holy crap, that patch solves many of the issues I’ve had with the game. Great job indeed.

+ DarkFlame588 on October 22nd, 2007 at 7:38 pm said:

Is it possible to add to the game information screen the layout of the map being played? That would help a lot.

+ DarkFlame588 on October 22nd, 2007 at 7:47 pm said:

I also would like to know if the re-earnining badges/medals and not getting some when you have all the reqs for them will be fixed.

+ gamesblow on October 22nd, 2007 at 8:00 pm said:

Man, this is what I love right here… This is awesome. Dylan, I really want to thank you for giving Sony something as diverse as this. This really goes a long way in making the ps3 a stand out on its own machine. Who needs Capcom or Ubi-soft? If I was Sony I’d put all my stock into teams like yours, Naughtydog, Insomniac … Those are where next gen gaming as been at with me so far. I don’t need offline single player with this game… You nailed it with Warhawk.

+ Radikal_dreamer on October 22nd, 2007 at 8:35 pm said:

Again I have to ask if you guys can look into putting a vertical split screen mode into the game. I really want to play Warhawk with my friends, but we can’t because the horizontal split just kills all peripheral vision.

+ skunkworker on October 22nd, 2007 at 9:17 pm said:

Awsome game updates.
There is still some stuff that I would like to see implemented, like a way to talk to everyone over Voip not just your own teammates and/or clan talking.
Also, When are we going to get Split-Screen Ranked Games with multiple PSN ids or just keeping the stats of player 1.

+ skunkworker on October 22nd, 2007 at 10:08 pm said:

Another thing that i would like to see in this game.
Maybe releasing a map editor to change where the weapons spawn, turret placement and or vehicle placement cause then this game would be amazing!.

+ Dark_king on October 22nd, 2007 at 10:46 pm said:

@Joe | October 22nd, 2007 at 12:51 pm

Hey i found a way to play offline .My internet was out they were having tech problems and I could still make of a lan game.So if you have a cable modem you could simple unplug the cable from it and the game should let you without logging in.But this sounds like allot of work for nothing.

+ Dark_king on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:34 pm said:

I was wondering if you guys could make it so every building can be gone into.The Eurcadia level would be great being able to get up in all the building and snipe just sounds fun.Not to mention would give so much needed cover from warhawk’s for ground troops.

As several other have mentioned more maps are needed.But if your going to be using a dropship your going to need maps large enough to require it.So make it so it large enough that it would take more then five minutes to reach the enemy base with the jeep.So driving the tank there would seem impractical.

As for adding more weapons your most likely thinking it would hurt the weapons select interface.And it just might but could you at least find a way to get a smoke screen grenade.

+ RainerLagStyle on October 22nd, 2007 at 11:42 pm said:

consider me hosed. Thank you for assuring me of your virtuouscity. :)

I

+ zapruder on October 23rd, 2007 at 2:15 am said:

could you change the triangle pointing over and at my head for the snipers.. this makes things to easy for them… and me. I’m taking out people i can’t see from the otherside of the map.. pretty amazing but unrealistic as hell…. In game shop.. WHY? having posted a million times to sony they should start with Pre Paid cards and now this.. how will it work? do we need a credit card? if so that sucks.. I actually HAVE money don’t need a frickin credit card and i’m proud of it to. So how am I gonna get hold of booster packs? And will they get/become free after a few months?

+ zapruder on October 23rd, 2007 at 2:41 am said:

also.. why not choose and lock what you are at the start.. like sniper tankman or warhawk pilot. giving a sniper a steathy look (no name over his head) and a warhawker the ability to take someone with him who can use any gun just like with the tanks. Tanks should have better traction so it could climb up a hill better. I like air attack allot but there is something wrong with it to.. pointing at a flag it drops the bombs on top of the mast.. useless. this is also a problem with turrets some of those masts are in the way (to high) of a clear shot. and last but not least.. make those turret rockets smarter so they avoid those mountains better. I love the game and it’s gonna get better and better .. great thanks!

+ AJ on October 23rd, 2007 at 3:30 am said:

* Fall damage exploit fixed.

WHAT?!

Guys, the rest of the patch is perfect but this is a really bad idea. Being able to jump from great heights with a soldier is the only thing that makes playing as one a feasible idea.

Take Eucadia CTF for example, it’s going to be nigh on impossible to win without it. As much as you like to think that people play with headsets using organisation skills with their team, they don’t! Everytime you try to run with that flag now your pretty much screwed.

Soldier classes are really weak, even with weapons. Jeep, Tank, Warhawk can all take you down in seconds as a soldier, even if you’re armed to the brim with grenades and rockets. Being able to jump from great heights, down to a plateau below and hop into a jeep or Warhawk is great and actually makes the game MORE balanced.

Since its kinda lightly worded, I can’t tell whether this will include tanks and jeeps as well, but if it does, boy have you just completely ruined the game. Seriously, being able to just from huge heights with the flag in a jeep IS NOT GAME BREAKING. Now what will happen? You’ll end up suiciding a lot more, which isn’t fair, especially if its a mistake.

Think about the Archipalego map now, most people hop into a jeep straight away and simply drive down the 3 plateaus, now you’re going to have to go allll the way around over the bridge. Warhawk is a fast arcadey game, fixing this so called “glitch” will just slow things down.

Please read this, there’s a lot of annoyed people, its not just me. Check the NeoGAF thread as well. Please DO NOT fix this, or make it though you just loose some health, not suicide.

+ zapruder on October 23rd, 2007 at 4:27 am said:

how about a medic? or jetpacks.. remote explosives… drones.. tunnels… slower tank turrets so you can out run them better… better defined land and airbases… give zone points names… bigger range on gun turets vs rocket turrets… hold more mines/air attacks when you upgrade rank… high ranked games only servers.. a outfit suited for certain maps (auto change) so colors match surroundings better… a job on your team of advisers… win free stuff when your a good teamplayer.. a team leader ban/kick option.. i got more but for now.. good luck on patch 1.3!

+ Scythe on October 23rd, 2007 at 5:03 am said:

Dylan – Firstly let me say thanks for a fantastic game, I can see it being on my most played list for a long time to come (and looking at the future line-up possibly only MGS4 and Killzone2 might be able to convince me to spread my time amongst more than 1 game).
Secondly an even bigger thanks for taking the time to not only write entries but actually read and reply to the comments made after the entries. Gamer/developer interaction is a rarity nowadays and you certainly seem to be a solitary star in a cloudy sky in that respect.

Now, onto the business end.
1 – Regarding comments 94/95, I think he was referrring to a central dot in the scope. I know I’d certainly appreciate it. Sometimes I could swear blind I was bang on but then I miss, often because there was a dark background next to the dark character and the black cross-hairs were “camoflauged” so I couldn’t get the aim spot on cause I couldn’t descern exactly where the central cross is (this problem becomes more pronounced the further away the target). A red central dot (or even turning the entire cross hairs red) would be a huge help in differentiating where the centre of the cross hair is in relation to the landscape/target.

2 – Is there any thought of a feature to allow multiple people to join 1 game at the same time? I have endless frustration with my friends where we try and join a game and only 1 or 2 of us get to do so before the “Game Full” message (granted this is also linked to another issue which you’re resolving). A lobby style system where friends can enter and then choose “join same game” would be great, especially if there’s filters (e.g. “Join same CTF game” or “Join same Vari game” etc). Then it automatically scans for the biggest game available for you all to join simultaneously and pops you in there. As opposed to the current *on cell phone” “I’m in a game, quick, try … damn, full … ok you try a game … now I’m trying to join … damn, full, ok, I’ll try another … quick your try join the game … full? Bugger” and so on.

+ felipe227 on October 23rd, 2007 at 5:09 am said:

@ Dylan

One question about patch 1.1 (sorry if it was already asked). I see one of the fixes on 1.1 is “Viral Rank-up bug fixed and correct for players that were accidentally ranked up.” Does this mean that players will be put at the rank that they currently are qualified for or be reset? Also does this just affect the ranking or are the awards will be changed too? I am affected by the ranking ( jumped up to commander) and I would like to earn my rank, but all of my awards I got myself. It be great to get the rank I should be at and keep the awards. Thanks.

+ AGQ0105 on October 23rd, 2007 at 5:09 am said:

Dylan, how about you guys release real sales figures, I’m tired of people telling me that Warhawk did bad because it only moved 45,000 copies in September. But i know that many people bought it through the PSN service. Please release those numbers in order to shut those people up.

BTW, great game, keep up the good work. Thanks for the Patches.

+ Mudbeed on October 23rd, 2007 at 5:36 am said:

Hi Dylan,

I love Warhawk, I’m addicted.

One of my only complaints are that my “Buddies” are the same colors as the rest of the team. What are the chances that friends and clan members can get their own seperate color?

The reason I ask is because my brothers and I play constantly and we are always asking eachother “Where are you at”… “Which base are you at”

I think that seperate buddy colors would do away with any confusion.

This would make playing with friends even more fun and engaging because you know right where your friends are to join them in battle.

Great game…. I can’t wait for more info!

+ treefrog on October 23rd, 2007 at 6:05 am said:

There’s only one thing I’d like added.
An option for the colour blind.
Normally I’m fine distinguishing between red and blue but on the radar I find it a little confusing and by the time I’ve worked out which colour an object is I’m dead.
A selection in the options that made them more prominent (maybe the blue a little darker and the red a little lighter) would be great.

+ Davitr0n on October 23rd, 2007 at 6:17 am said:

This is good news. Nice to see that problems with the game are being addressed, and that new content is being worked on.

+ jigglywiggly on October 23rd, 2007 at 6:35 am said:

@Dylan

Are there any plans for you guys to give us the option of resetting our rank if it’s FUBAR?

I only ask because I seem to keep shooting up 4 or 5 ranks at a time and I’m forced to have my ass handed to me every time I play by the higher-ranking killing machines.

+ gamesblow on October 23rd, 2007 at 7:03 am said:

I think the only thing I can really complain about (and I hope Dylan is listening) is the fact (and I’m sure it’s not new on you) when you race to get into a warhawk and someone beats you to the cockpit and you get stuck in the back, as wingman.

Now, this would be awesome if you could do something or the person was actually worth a damn at flying one… you can’t and they usually aren’t. I wish you could eject out without suicide for these instances. It’s not my fault this smack can’t fly or follow directions, yet I get the penalty for it. Other than that, again, I love your game Dylan and all you guys at Incog, please don’t ever abandon Sony!!!

+ LordOfRuin on October 23rd, 2007 at 7:10 am said:

Hey, anyone tried carrying the flag carrier on a Warhawks wings? Ha ha ha! Who says you can’t fly with the flag? Just need a steady pilot.

+ Monkey-King on October 23rd, 2007 at 7:36 am said:

Sounds good…but we need new maps sooner rather then later.

+ SlavedHeart on October 23rd, 2007 at 8:31 am said:

MAPS… I agree whole heartedly… maps, maps maps….

+ AZDodger on October 23rd, 2007 at 8:52 am said:

WHEN!!??? That is the question…

+ Canthor on October 23rd, 2007 at 9:01 am said:

It is a great balanced game. However, one thing bothers me a lot, and that is that players can jump and run all the time without getting exhausted (not sure if this is the right word).

A real cool ‘booster pack’ addition or ‘option’ would be to create some reality into the way the players can act (jump, run) on the battle field: by adding some sort of energy or strength indication that drains the more you jump, run or even fight in combat.

Example: the more you run and jump, the more exhausted you should become and the LESS running and jumping should be possible for a short period of time. Ever thought of shaking hands after a run, and still be able to do precise shots with the sniper or rifle? I guess even that is not implemented in the game…

Currently you can run the whole Island from one end to the other without any problem, or if you try to shoot somebody after a long run, you can aim and hit the target..no problem.

Wouldn´t that make a more realistic approach to battle for Zones or tryining to CTF?

Anyhow, overall I am really happy with the balance, and I am looking for the next booster pack.

+ grimangel on October 23rd, 2007 at 11:32 am said:

i cant wait if any wants to verse me send a freind invite over your ps3 system and send a invite to tangsoodoboy ill try to respond asap.

+ djtortilla on October 23rd, 2007 at 11:41 am said:

awesome, this game is the best

+ DarkFlame588 on October 23rd, 2007 at 1:27 pm said:

@175&172
I am new to the blogs put what is with all the […] things? Why do these random quotes seem to pop out of nowhere for no reason?