PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Warhawk v1.2 Patch

Dylan Jobe's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Jobe on Oct 22, 2007 // President, LightBox Interactive

Ok … so last week I posted about our v1.1 patch which mainly dealt with core stats and connection issues. Today, I’d like to let all of you know what’s included in the v1.2 patch that is being tested right now.

Patch v1.2 addresses some main requests that our community has made as well as fixes the primary exploits and glitches … and adds some new layouts!

Patch v1.2 includes:

* 5 New layouts.
* Clan game server option.
* Buddy slot reservations.
* Integrated Warhawk Store.
* Updated CTF capture/return behavior.
* Internal stat padder protection.
* Booster Pack status display at join game list.
* DualShock3 integration.
* Separate SIXAXIS motion control on/off per mode (ground, hover, flight).
* Detailed Player Score display at end of game fixed.
* Added new server type filters (player, ranked, dedicated, clan, Official Warhawk, etc).
* Added new server full/open filter.
* Fall damage exploit fixed.
* Dismount into walls exploit fixed.
* Invisible Tank, Turret & Warhawk exploit fixed.
* Auto-kick of idle players.
* Add to Favorites button added to end game screen.
* Increased VOIP volume when not using headset.

There are a couple of items on this list that probably need a bit more clarification :-)

bonus_layout1

The new clan-game server option lets you set 2 clan names, one for the Eucadian team and one for the Chernovan team. Then, when you launch the game, the server will auto-sort the clans on the correct teams. The server will also only allow members of those 2 clans to connect. Clan games are also displayed in a different color at the join game list.

bonus_layout3

Buddy slot reservations allow you to specify a number of player slots on the server that *only* players in your PSN buddy list can join. So go ahead and kick up a game and you can always make sure that you friends can jump in with you and get their Warhawk on!

We also fixed what a lot of players refer to as the “tank” glitch. This actually could happen to turrets and Warhawks too. It is an annoying exploit and we’re happy to have it fixed – I’m sure all of you will be too!

bonus_layout2

We enabled DualShock3 functionality in the V1.2 patch too … maybe you all have heard something about this or read about it on the internet? Ha Ha :-)

The Warhawk Store is also going to be enabled in v1.2. This allows players to purchase Warhawk content, Booster Packs, etc from within Warhawk, rather than going through the XMB and then to the store – this is mainly for convenience.

bonus_layout5

And of course some new layouts – as you’ve seen from the images scattered throughout this post!

We have found that while a lot of players like playing the really large games, there was a pretty big segment that was playing smaller games. With that trend, we wanted to rig some new layouts that are more geared for smaller games; 4 to 8 players. The new layouts are:

* Eucadia: High City
* Island Outpost: Standoff
* The Badlands: South City
* Destroyed Capitol: Garden Showdown
* Archipelago: Close Corridors

bonus_layout4

So there you have it. The update list for patch v1.2 that is currently being tested right now and we are tracking an early to mid December global release.

And of course I can’t end this post without mentioning the Booster Pack. So there, I said it…”Booster Pack” :-)

LOLOLOL

No seriously … my next post in just a few days will give you all a glimpse of an internal gameplay session we had with the Booster Pack. It’s just a glimpse because as I’ve said before, our top priority has been on the v1.1 and v1.2 updates.

Over and out…

328 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

+ dmac80 on October 23rd, 2007 at 1:48 pm said:

@ Dylan: I really hope the booster pack or future store downloads include plans for unique MAPs (not just layouts of existing ones). I know, even for a nominal fee, many users will be very interested in new spaces to unleash havoc!

Thanks for the great update and keep up the good work Dylan.

+ PapaGanda on October 23rd, 2007 at 3:03 pm said:

Dylan,

What about an upgrade to 1st person shooter, instead of 3rd person, when on foot. I can’t imagine I’m alone when saying 3rd person shooters are balls; yesteryear arcade-style crapolla. The game would be so much better if it were 1st person. Can it be done with an update? Please.

+ Go_DeaD on October 23rd, 2007 at 4:08 pm said:

I love Warhawk and all these new updates will be great, but we need a party system and an actual lobby that has an in-game friends list. not one that’s connected to the XMB. and in-game messaging, i mean geez, if i want to message someone, i have to logout of warhawk and then send the message. and where’s the PARTY SYSTEM??? how is my clan supposed to join a ranked game together if we’re all on and there’s 16 of us? it’s impossible. I love warhwk, but it’s so hard to communicate and use actual teamwork. there’s no squad system and if i want to talk to someone with my headset i have to keep holding down the L3 button. that’s not the easiest thing to do when you’re in the middle of a shootout….and on top of that it wears out your analog stick. i know i’m not hte only one that wants this…..

+ Rollopunk on October 23rd, 2007 at 4:34 pm said:

@ Go_DeaD

WOW!!!
I couldn’y agree more with you.

You exactly said what i talked about with some online buddy’s! I even sent an e-mail a few weeks ago to the Dutch Official Playstation Magazine about those things. My letter was even printed in last issue of october.

Party System would be soooo great, and the possibility to send someone that’s also online with warhawk a message would be a welcome change.

I could say all the things again, but Go_DeaD allready did.

Is there going to be a party option?

Still lovin WarHawk though, great job Insomniac games of really putting your heart into making WarHawk better than it allready is!

Regards,
Rollo from The Hague, Netherlands

+ thingg on October 23rd, 2007 at 5:00 pm said:

@176
Those are left by webbots that are crawling the internet for various blogs. They send a summary of the article back to their parent blog and then they take credit for the information. (not really, but they do take the info.)
and yes, they are really annoying, but you get used to reading over them and they are usually deleted eventually by one of the site admins.
@dylan Awesome game, only one I ever play. (except sometimes Burnout :-) love that Crashbreaker B-) but that’s another story…)

+ thingg on October 23rd, 2007 at 5:03 pm said:

@165 lol that’s great! hahahaha! but I can’t fly that steady…. :-(

+ popeinator on October 23rd, 2007 at 5:12 pm said:

warhawk is a great game and i can’t wait for these new updates but it’s lacking the most important feature in an online game and that’s a text chat or ingame message system! it’s hard to arrange clan wars and talk to buddys and stuff when you have to leave the game to talk to people! and also a party system would be amazing! please look into adding a ingame text chat/message system for a future update as i’m sure i’m not the only one wanting this added.

+ gamesblow on October 23rd, 2007 at 5:43 pm said:

Dylan, whatever you do… don’t listen to 178… That’s absurd. We have too many FPS, that’s hwat makes Warhawk better. I wouldn’t even play this if it were fps, I’d just play resistance. Have a nice day.

+ snowglobe on October 23rd, 2007 at 5:50 pm said:

Kind of off topic, but I’ve got a question about the awards you can earn. Can they be earned retroactively? in this case I’m trying to earn Warhawk Teamwork [10,000 points + 150 IAR] – does this mean once I earn 10,000 I then have to go on to earn 150 in a round, or will previous rounds where 150+ has been earned already be taken into consideration?

Could you also please clarify the fall exploit patch as lots of people are worried about it.

+ AK47Beast on October 23rd, 2007 at 7:04 pm said:

@181 thanks for insulting this company by saying they were isominac, thats not bad, but its incognito. LOL NICE 1

@Dylan these updates are great except for no chutes and what is the fall damage thing? My god I think you guys actually listen to us!! Great update. =)

+ 40cal on October 23rd, 2007 at 9:57 pm said:

The progress on Warhawk is great. Played today with friends (split screen) for about 4 hours today. Thanks for all the hard work. FYI. After playing Warhawk for 4 hours we started playing Halo 3 online and after 3 deathmatches everyone wanted to play some more Warhawk?? My friend Nick owns the 360 and my brother in law owns a Wii and after todays hands on time we all agreed that Warhawk is a better online multiplayer experance than said game. Now if the rest of North America could wake up and realize what they are missing out on. I hope there will be another Warhawk in the near future with a single player off line mode. Thanks.

+ LordOfRuin on October 24th, 2007 at 3:59 am said:

Alright Dylan, I have to say, last night I attempted to join a game 31/32 players. Ooh, surely not, what a waste of time this must be. Nope, how surprised was I when “Connected” popped up on screen. something somewhere is working much better.

Erm, sad bit of news though was that this was after it froze as it joined the first game, and the cosole had to be reset. This was the first time I’d ever encountered the console freeze, so I guess it was my time. Not that this detracted from my gaming.

I haven’t played anything at all ever since this was available. Wish I’d contained my enthusiasm, and waited to buy the retail though. Can I have a money off voucher?

+ AGQ0105 on October 24th, 2007 at 6:47 am said:

NO FPS, 178, is loco man. Everyone loves this game for what it is. If you guys are going to do more for this game, give us more maps, NOT LAYOUTS. The current maps are good, but they’re starting to feel old. Some variety would be nice. Paying for new maps may not be a problem, depending on how much you will be charging?

What is everyone willing to pay for new maps?
Me $5-7.

+ PapaGanda on October 24th, 2007 at 12:26 pm said:

Ok. How about an option in Settings between 1st-person or 3rd-person, a la Motorstorm? Now everyone’s happy…

+ MrCamo on October 24th, 2007 at 2:18 pm said:

How about a toggle on/off for the hjeadset? I think the push-to-talk on the joystick is counter-intuitive, and makes peolpe less likely to communicate:(

+ klexam001 on October 24th, 2007 at 2:34 pm said:

I think the update is awesome, but sadly I am not hearing updates for what I consider to be highly important. First of all, we need the ability to mute players. Some are really abusing their mic freedom. Also, there should be a display somewhere on the screen that shows who is talking. Currently, we have to be near them and happen to see their mic icon above their head to see who is talking. Being able to see a name on the screen no matter where you are would be very helpful in deciding who would make good buddies or clan hopefuls. Thanks. Keep up the good work. Warhawk is currently the best game on the PS3. I can’t wait on the dropship.

+ remerone on October 24th, 2007 at 6:20 pm said:

I hope you’re reading this Dylan because you guys really screwed me over with that update of yours that i just downloaded. i thought it would fix my ranking problem because i worked hard for that Air Marshal rank but yesterday as i was checking my stats my rank dropped all the way back to Airman for no reason and minutes later went to Wingman where it has stayed ever since and the update didnt fix it.WTF!! Im seeing none of my medals ( Air combat, and the one for 50 combat, points and some others as well). Not only that, but the game just froze on me! That hasnt happened since i first bought the game. Also, im seeing no ranked servers (the blue ones). Please, is anybody else having this problem. Just when i was about to give up Halo for Warhawk something ridiculous like this has to happen.

+ DarkFlame588 on October 24th, 2007 at 8:10 pm said:

The 1.1 was prematurely released for some reason. Just go to saved game utility, and delete the warhawk file. Then start up the game and reinstall it. It should be back to 1.0 without asking to install 1.1

+ mitchl on October 25th, 2007 at 11:02 am said:

@Dylan- Love the game, never played a multiplayer online before, and not really any other FPS either, but I really enjoy this- I die alot, and because my rank is wacky I am playing way above my skill, but every kill is still joyful.

2 Suggestions- as an older player, my eyesight is not that of the youngins. I have trouble seeing what ## is in a zone, when I expand the map, and also distingusiging between red and blue in that small little dot. (playing on a 57″ screen from 12-14 feet). Giving the players an option for slightly larger text and icons, as well as being able to change the team colors, at least in map representations would be very helpful.

Next, as someone above said- putting a small (please not 1 pixel) dot or crosshair in the reticle of a snipe rifle would be very helpful, it would probably mean a lot more snipe kills, but the single pixel black crosshairs are often invisible if someone is in the bush or under shadow. If the enemy is already not very visible, do we have to have invisible crosshairs as well?

And thirdly, for an option in CTF, why not play with a feature that as a flag returns to base (after a capture), that it emits a pulse which kills any organism within a few hundred feet inside the base. Often, if you have one team very much outmatched, it can get crazy with the enemy veterans in the base as the flag returns, and the team which just lost a point gets their flag taken again within milliseconds.

Again- great game and I look forward to the patches.

+ SSJChar on October 25th, 2007 at 9:27 pm said:

I personally am not a fan of the minimap because it rotates and i lose my way easily on many maps. could you guys consider adding an option to make the unexpanded mini-map not rotate just like the fully expanded map? maybe for patch 1.2 since patch 1.1 would probably be too early.

+ chewjya on October 28th, 2007 at 10:59 pm said:

btw… could you guys make gun turrets more powerful… I feel that it is like a stationary rifle… I think it needs to be a little more powerful… I hate it when i am on a jeep and shoot a warhawk for 2 mins and it barely does any damage

+ torman-p on October 29th, 2007 at 12:28 am said:

Im not sure if its been said before (too many posts to read) but it would be a very good idea to be able to have a private chat while in game with a selected party ie friend, clan member, chosen party. A lot of times there are people just having what appears to be a private conversation while in game and everyone else gets stuck listening to their nonsense. Plus there are some guys out there who do nothing but use foul language. Now I am no saint but when all u say is the F word every 2 seconds and how much everybody else sucks….now that should be grounds for being banned….plus it would be fun to coordinate strategies with ur selected party only.

+ MercyHumppe on October 30th, 2007 at 1:35 am said:

No word on teamkill fix? I played last weekend with someone who scored over 150 in the Negative column. He did nothing but kill teammates and flag carriers in a Warhawk. Somehow he found a way around the 5 kill limit. Perhaps it has something to do with vehicles?

Even if teamkilling is fixed it won’t stop griefers. A team majority should be enough to kick any player and will solve a lot of current complaints. We won’t have to wait for patches if the community can handle these problems as they occur.

thx

+ truxin on October 31st, 2007 at 12:59 pm said:

Will the “Added new server full/open filter” fix the problem where you try to join a server that is not full only to discover that it is full? It happens to me every time I try to join a game. It shows, for example, 28/32 but the tells me unable to join because the game is full. I can always tell that it will give me this error because it takes a bit longer than times where it will succeed in connecting. At minimum, I wish there was a way to abort attempting to join a game after you realize that it isn’t going to let you in anyhow.

+ MaTTrA on November 5th, 2007 at 12:53 pm said:

5 new layouts … haha … pathetic.

Why they just don’t give us 5 bran new maps because i’m almost bored with those 4 maps … lol … over and over again.

+ XTerminator on November 6th, 2007 at 12:33 am said:

I think they should add more customization to the game play. Options to remove planes, tanks, jeeps, etc are missing. It would also be nice to customize the weapons available and their re-spawn times. It would be awesome to have sniper matches, without having to worry about a freaking plane finding you. CTF on foot, or deathmatch with rifles or other added weaponry. They should also provide the option to disable the map/HUD and play in complete stealth, like real life. Hopefully Jobe reads this!!!

PAGE 1 2 3 4