PS4-Watch_Dogs

Happy Halloween from Naughty Dog! New Uncharted trailer

Amy Hennig's Avatar + Posted by Amy Hennig on Oct 31, 2007 // Game Director, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Like UNCHARTED

Hello again!

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune has gone off to manufacturing, and we thought we’d celebrate by giving everyone an early Halloween treat – a brand new trailer, highlighting some of the game’s finished environments and teasing out just a bit more of the story.

We’re also pleased to share another nice bit of news with you all – Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune will now be available in the U.S. on November 19, so you’ll be able to set out on your adventure a day earlier than expected!

Special thanks go out to Massive Attack for the trailer’s awesome music, and to Taylor Kurosaki, our video editor, for putting it all together.

Enjoy!

185 Comments

+ lyfestory on October 31st, 2007 at 6:56 am said:

looks good, but didnt really need more to know i’m already buying it when it comes out.. this game had me sold long ago..

+ ps3gam3r on October 31st, 2007 at 7:20 am said:

O M G is all I gotta say.
This is on my Christmas list already. :D

But is there a HD version of this trailer?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Pleaaaseee. lol.

+ Shiloa on October 31st, 2007 at 7:22 am said:

I’m very impressed, definitely one of the best looking games I’ve ever seen. Up there with Alan Wake.

+ subbed on October 31st, 2007 at 7:38 am said:

That is an amazing trailer! It’s been interesting seeing the progression of this game through its trailers.

+ REZBLUE on October 31st, 2007 at 7:52 am said:

Wasnt going to go buy this game but that trailer might have just changed my mind lol. Looks exciting.

+ DoggySpew on October 31st, 2007 at 8:03 am said:

Okay, the US release date is November 20th. What is the Euro release date ?

+ Escalation on October 31st, 2007 at 8:03 am said:

Superb job on that trailer Naughty Dog.

+ zookey on October 31st, 2007 at 8:06 am said:

Awesome Halloween Treat hehe!!!! One of the best trailers for the game! For Halloween (off topic, sorta) my bro, friend and I are going as Cloud, Kadaj and Loz (in that order)–my bro built 2 swords and a gauntlet for it, and we will probably do a cosplay episode for our video podcast–just search for Team KAIZEN TV on youtube :) —anyone else going as game characters for Halloween? LOL it’d be kinda cool to return the favor to NaughtyDog and someone go as Drake and videotape it!!!

+ JimmyHACK on October 31st, 2007 at 8:10 am said:

Editor deserves a big pat on the back… excellent job piecing this together

+ SevenFactors on October 31st, 2007 at 8:12 am said:

Happy Halloween to you all!

As usual, this game is just looking fantastic and with what seems to be some marvelous gameplay action.

btw, As it has been already mentioned on this thread, it was about time for sony to start running the ads on TV. I can’t to see the rest on their ad campaign

+ Loucetios on October 31st, 2007 at 8:19 am said:

Please add this video to PSN, loved to see this on my tv,

+ kanyn on October 31st, 2007 at 8:28 am said:

The trailer is gorgeous! Great work Naughty Dog. Can’t wait to get my hands on this game.

+ Ghostm on October 31st, 2007 at 8:32 am said:

DelayStation strikes again!!!

(Off the subject of this post)
MGS 4 Guns of Patriot have been delayed once again. Simply amazing…this is a damn shame!

+ SPARDA on October 31st, 2007 at 8:41 am said:

It looks absolutely fantastic.
This game hits the store the day my Dual shock 3 arrives. I can’t wait

Thanks for posting the new Trailer

SPARDA

+ foolio_67 on October 31st, 2007 at 8:49 am said:

This game keeps looking better and better!

+ XxBigP123xX on October 31st, 2007 at 9:05 am said:

@Ghostm

no one cares.

+ lakaihigh on October 31st, 2007 at 9:11 am said:

@ Amy or anyone else at ND – What can you say to us here about future sequels in this franchise, DLC and Home integration?

*On topic*

after all the posts that Naughty Dog has made on here I’m betting that Uncharted is going to blow gamers away. Just the fact that they come here to promote their game is AMAZING… couldn’t ask for much more. Thanks for releasing the trailer and of course the game 1 day earlier. DAY 1 buy for me

Peace,
Lh

+ awheaten on October 31st, 2007 at 9:12 am said:

@ XxBigP123xX

I do. MGS4 delay is not a good sign.

+ TheDevilsJoker on October 31st, 2007 at 9:18 am said:

If uncharted had online it would be unstopable and probably game of the year, but because its so awsome anyway it’ll still get 9/10 and higher at everywere (7.5 from gamespot though, for mispronouncing a word or something)

+ islandomonkeys on October 31st, 2007 at 9:27 am said:

Buying a PS3 for this game cant wait… game of the year anyone?

+ zookey on October 31st, 2007 at 9:29 am said:

I do. MGS4 delay is not a good sign.

Would you rather have it released early and unfinished—Xbox fans had to wait 2 years for their killer long-awaited game (Halo 3) and we will end up waiting roughly the same amount of time—play Ratchet, Uncharted, Haze, UT3 and Warhawk til then trust me you will live :-) Unless of course you jump infront of a semi, but we can’t be responsible then for your bad judgment LOLJK

Yeah I second the motion to put this on PSN it is a pretty video–already watched it twice!! (notice 2 !’s)

+ moab336 on October 31st, 2007 at 9:41 am said:

Wow, really nice trailer. I hadn’t quite seen what was the big deal about this game, but I think this may have changed that. Game looks great, trailer was great, can’t wait to watch the trailer on a TV or download the demo.

+ magrood on October 31st, 2007 at 9:42 am said:

This is my previous post, I’ll reposted here hoping
to get answer here

“We heard that uncharted will come with 13 languages

Do you have any plan to increase this number to include other languages e.g Arabic as a subtitle ?

I hope that ….

I think this helps to increase the number of fan boys of the game in the middle east”

end quoting

I know that the game is ready but you can upload a patch to support other languages as a
subtitle only

We also want to enjoy the game as others do ;)

+ elutej on October 31st, 2007 at 9:42 am said:

As always this game looks great.. Those water effects make me drool :D I can’t wait for this game and will be picking it up for sure..

+ SpyroLuver88 on October 31st, 2007 at 9:43 am said:

WooHoo I love to hear when a game is early!!! Thanks Naughty Dog!

@ Ghostm

Delaystation? I don’t belive Sony is making this game!! Why blame the Hardware? Besides I’d rather wait then have a game full of glitches! Besides what is this post doing here? We are talking about the awesome Naughty Dog and their game Uncharted.

Why can’t we all stay on topic. Maybe you should post this in the PS forums if there is not place for it here.

+ Ghostm on October 31st, 2007 at 9:47 am said:

Great trailor. Love the music!
Now start promoting this title on every TV channel to surge a major buzz! This could definitely be the sleep hit we’ve been waiting for til other titles arrives.

+ Fabi on October 31st, 2007 at 9:52 am said:

#56 – I doubt that has anything to do with it. I’m pretty sure it’s more like they need to get the online play ready, and that takes time. Remember this is the first MGS to come with online off the back. I also played it at E For All, and even though it was amazing it still needed some work. Especially the aiming, it was still very shaky. Although MGS4 was my first reason to buy a PS3, I seriously don’t care if it’s delayed because there are gonna be so many damn games out and I really want MGS4 to be as perfect as possible.

+ rukusa on October 31st, 2007 at 10:14 am said:

Naughty Dog am God!

Hey guys, it would be terrific if you could buy the Gex the Gecko License from Crystal Dynamics.

I would sooo want to see you make a gex sequel, ESPECIALLY on the PS3 … oh man, just the vision makes me drool.

Make Gex the gecko sequel!

DO IT NAUGHTY DOG! DO IT!!!

P.S: thanks for the news Amy, might need to import it from the states though.

+ Dominican21 on October 31st, 2007 at 10:14 am said:

I am buying this game along.. Then I’ll wait for Haze, MGS4, UT3, Killzone 2, many more..
Happy Halloween!!!

but where is my 2.0 lol??

+ ryjo965 on October 31st, 2007 at 10:21 am said:

Am I the only one who thinks this game looks crap

+ Neil on October 31st, 2007 at 10:22 am said:

Brilliant!

+ Dominican21 on October 31st, 2007 at 10:22 am said:

You need glasses.

+ Gregero on October 31st, 2007 at 10:25 am said:

You’re the only one who thinks this game looks like crap. You need glasses or a new monitor.

But yeah great video. I just wish Sony would give us a “treat” by handing over the damn 2.0 before the one year mark hits us. But nope probably coming out late 2008.

+ Mr_showtime on October 31st, 2007 at 10:27 am said:

a real shame theres no online in this game

+ foda500 on October 31st, 2007 at 10:27 am said:

Aaaargh MUST.NOT.WATCH.

Damn it I’m too weak :( at least the trailer is AWESOME thanks a lot.

+ nmc75 on October 31st, 2007 at 10:33 am said:

Thankfully… not another Ratchet and Clank interview video. Can’t wait to play this one. Sony, you need to market the hell out of this game in addition to R&C. People out there have not even heard of Uncharted, but have heard of Mario and Master Chief. When I discuss this great game and new IP with people, I am met with strange confused looks.

+ GibbShift on October 31st, 2007 at 10:40 am said:

WOW. That was all sorts of awesome. If only ND could take that same song and those clips, compress it into a 30 second commercial and air it during a New England Patriots game… Still, after viewing that, my hype levels for the game have risen even higher. And what perfect timing, because I just paid off my PS3 today! Day one purchase.

+ PsychoEddie on October 31st, 2007 at 10:44 am said:

How is this not Tomb Raider with Lara’s ugly butch sister Drake?

+ Simstim on October 31st, 2007 at 11:11 am said:

Cool trailer, really looking forward to this game.

+ ron6 on October 31st, 2007 at 11:46 am said:

that trailer was great i hope sony advertise this big time. this is a great looking game and it is only using 30% of the ps3′s cell i can’t wait to see what the next uncharted or jak will be like.Sony should put this demo in the PS3′s that are in the gamestop stores so everyone can see what great game’s are coming to the ps3 also ratchet. I will be pre-ordering my copy today when i go into work at gamestop hope you all do the same. This is another game that i would pick for game of the year

+ Hitman_Legend on October 31st, 2007 at 11:51 am said:

Wow the game looks amazing, and wow if the game was made into a movie i think it would do pretty well, the story from what i just saw from that trailer looks really enticing

+ tdh on October 31st, 2007 at 11:54 am said:

I’m starting to get really excited about this game. Only concern is how the platforming runs. Really wish we could get our hands on a demo to truly know how this game is going to play out. Looks amazing, no doubt there – but this game is a complete departure from the kind of games they’ve always done. Same argument could have been posed about Insomniac with Resistance, so I wish that kind of success but I’m a little pensive.

+ darkiewonder on October 31st, 2007 at 12:01 pm said:

The trailer was just pure sex. LOVED IT!

Cannot wait for the game! Good job Naughty Dog!

+ blade402 on October 31st, 2007 at 12:09 pm said:

Good for the PS3. It will need every bit of help once mass effect comes out…

+ Top_Shelf on October 31st, 2007 at 12:16 pm said:

wow. this teaser really showed off the environments, visuals and teased the plot just like you said… I can’t wait to be in control of Drake… The games visuals simply look amazing and I really like the way the camera moves in the action sequences – looks very natural and fluid, but not all crazy or shaky cam either. The team did a great job. Congrats on completing the project!

+ aaquib on October 31st, 2007 at 12:17 pm said:

Holy. [DELETED].

Amy Hennig's Avatar

+ Amy Hennig on October 31st, 2007 at 12:23 pm said:

Hi everyone — thanks for all the great comments on the trailer – Taylor really pulled out all the stops on this one.

People have been asking when they’ll be able to see the trailer in HD on the PSN… Good news – I just found out that it will be available for download tomorrow!

+ XxBigP123xX on October 31st, 2007 at 12:55 pm said:

@amy

thanks for telling us. in the mean time you should give it to gametrailers.com.

+ Nynja on October 31st, 2007 at 1:14 pm said:

That trailer kicks major ***! I was blown away by the visuals. Any chance to get this on the PS Store in Full HD for download? It really is freakin sweet. The music is a nice touch, very nice touch.

+ Nynja on October 31st, 2007 at 1:16 pm said:

okay, maybe I should read the posts before commenting. Just saw Amy reply that it will be available for download tomorrow, NICE! Ok, I’m sold. I -have- to get this game now! Can’t wait to add it to my library!