PlayStation Experience

Oct 31

Happy Halloween from Naughty Dog! New Uncharted trailer

Amy Hennig's Avatar Posted by Amy Hennig on Oct 31, 2007 // Game Director, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Hello again!

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune has gone off to manufacturing, and we thought we’d celebrate by giving everyone an early Halloween treat – a brand new trailer, highlighting some of the game’s finished environments and teasing out just a bit more of the story.

We’re also pleased to share another nice bit of news with you all – Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune will now be available in the U.S. on November 19, so you’ll be able to set out on your adventure a day earlier than expected!

Special thanks go out to Massive Attack for the trailer’s awesome music, and to Taylor Kurosaki, our video editor, for putting it all together.

+ blade402 on October 31st, 2007 at 12:09 pm said:

Good for the PS3. It will need every bit of help once mass effect comes out…

+ Top_Shelf on October 31st, 2007 at 12:16 pm said:

wow. this teaser really showed off the environments, visuals and teased the plot just like you said… I can’t wait to be in control of Drake… The games visuals simply look amazing and I really like the way the camera moves in the action sequences – looks very natural and fluid, but not all crazy or shaky cam either. The team did a great job. Congrats on completing the project!

+ aaquib on October 31st, 2007 at 12:17 pm said:

Holy. [DELETED].

Amy Hennig's Avatar

+ Amy Hennig on October 31st, 2007 at 12:23 pm said:

Hi everyone — thanks for all the great comments on the trailer – Taylor really pulled out all the stops on this one.

People have been asking when they’ll be able to see the trailer in HD on the PSN… Good news – I just found out that it will be available for download tomorrow!

+ XxBigP123xX on October 31st, 2007 at 12:55 pm said:

thanks for telling us. in the mean time you should give it to

+ Nynja on October 31st, 2007 at 1:14 pm said:

That trailer kicks major ***! I was blown away by the visuals. Any chance to get this on the PS Store in Full HD for download? It really is freakin sweet. The music is a nice touch, very nice touch.

+ Nynja on October 31st, 2007 at 1:16 pm said:

okay, maybe I should read the posts before commenting. Just saw Amy reply that it will be available for download tomorrow, NICE! Ok, I’m sold. I -have- to get this game now! Can’t wait to add it to my library!

+ Loucetios on October 31st, 2007 at 1:28 pm said:

awesome i can;t wait to download it thanks for the update amy

+ Neil on October 31st, 2007 at 1:46 pm said:

Also, put this on the PS Store.

+ Neil on October 31st, 2007 at 1:49 pm said:

Never mind I just saw the comment that it will be on tomorrows update. Sweet hot dogs!

+ naughtyco on October 31st, 2007 at 1:51 pm said:

I’m really thankful for the originality of this game. No aliens, no generic, cookie-cutter heroes…just a promising new franchise that can take away the monotony of what we as gamers have been experiencing.

Thanks, NaughtyDog

+ Loki_344 on October 31st, 2007 at 2:10 pm said:

Great looking game, thanks for the trailer.

+ dewmandew7 on October 31st, 2007 at 2:12 pm said:

Wow, this game looks amazing. I’m getting it day one, I can guarentee you that.

+ Gambit07 on October 31st, 2007 at 2:21 pm said:

Assassin’s Creed & Uncharted a week apart! Give me a hell ya!

+ Kittonwy on October 31st, 2007 at 2:56 pm said:

One day earlier? I love you guys. This is going to be GOTY for me, day one pick up.

+ Bender Rodriguez on October 31st, 2007 at 3:02 pm said:

The best trailer yet. Funny enough that the release date was pushed up and I’m not getting it until Christmas. If I was a first day buyer it probably would have been delayed. lol

+ Kittonwy on October 31st, 2007 at 3:03 pm said:

When is the demo coming out, Amy?

Amy Hennig's Avatar

+ Amy Hennig on October 31st, 2007 at 3:25 pm said:

Hi Kittonwy — the demo will go live on the PSN next Thursday, November 8th. :)

+ Coolwater on October 31st, 2007 at 3:54 pm said:

MMMMM Demo!!!

+ boybergamo76 on October 31st, 2007 at 4:07 pm said:

Naughty dog you are gods not humans…im italian and im crazy for uncharteddddddd….the graphics is the most-nearest cg that i ever see. In 1998 when i saw for first time ff8 intro i started to dream when i could play with that kind of graphics… now after almost 10 years my dream is come true.THANKS NAUGHTY DOG :)

+ darkiewonder on October 31st, 2007 at 4:09 pm said:

oh SEX. DEMO next weeek? That’s awesome!!!!!

+ Keysersoze10033 on October 31st, 2007 at 4:16 pm said:

Did you just say next week? Oh man, I can’t wait :). Mad props on that trailer. We need a commercial like THAT playing 24/7 on TV to show that Sony is back in business :P.

+ Uncharted Demo Confirmed For Next Thursday | ripten on October 31st, 2007 at 4:17 pm said:

[…] Well, we weren’t just close, we were exactly right. November 8th is the day the Uncharted demo will grace your Playstation 3, since Amy Henning (Gaming Director at Naughty Dog) has replied to a poster on the Official Playstation blog: […]

+ JaKhris on October 31st, 2007 at 4:25 pm said:

A demo, the game comming a day earlier, an amazing trailer…you are magic ! :D
Great work, I’m looking forward to play Uncharted, I’ve wanted to play it since I heard of it ^^
Well done !

+ Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Demo « Tirminyl Regulation on October 31st, 2007 at 4:40 pm said:

[…] Drakes Fortune Demo When to expect this beautiful gem? Well, according to a Playstation Blog Post, expect to play the Demo Nov 8th! Oh, scroll up and watch the awesome trailer as […]

+ bignobes on October 31st, 2007 at 4:40 pm said:

Wow Amy you are cool in fact all of you at Naughty Dog are cool yall seem to actually care about what we all are saying about your game, you reply to our questions give us info about the demo i remember when someone was talking about how there HDTV only supported 1080i but uncharted didnt and then Evan came back and said because of that comment they added support for it…..that is AWESOME you guys rock!!

+ sascha23 on October 31st, 2007 at 4:42 pm said:

It’s so great to hear a dub version of the track from Massive Attack. What a great compliment to the awesome trailer.

Cannot wait for this release!

+ fuzzysquash on October 31st, 2007 at 4:45 pm said:

Thanks Amy :D

+ jitty9 on October 31st, 2007 at 5:04 pm said:

I word:

+ aaquib on October 31st, 2007 at 5:06 pm said:

Wow, that trailer looks awesome! Thanks for the news on the demo, Amy. I can’t wait!

+ Loudninja on October 31st, 2007 at 5:13 pm said:

The demo is only 1 level right, not 4 ?

+ Gavi on October 31st, 2007 at 5:21 pm said:

Demo next Thursday. Rubs hands with glee. So much quality stuff to be picking up and playing now. All I ask is that you don’t do a Heavenly Sword with the demo. Try not to make it only 5 minutes as you’ll have riots breaking out in the forums. Nail their purchases. Don’t let them give up on you. In Naughty Dog: We trust.

+ MUGEN02 on October 31st, 2007 at 5:34 pm said:

can’t wait for the demo!

+ Doom_Bringer on October 31st, 2007 at 5:45 pm said:

Naughty Dog is an amazing developers and these guys have come a long way! I remember beating Crash 3 with my sister when I was around 14 years old (in 1998?!), and that was a fantastic experience. Jak and Daxter 1 wasn’t for me so I never checked it out but Jak 3 was AMAZING! I became a huge Naughty Dog fan the moment I beat Jak 3.

Wish Pecker in and Daxter were in this game :P

+ Doom_Bringer on October 31st, 2007 at 5:57 pm said:

BTW the game looks very intriguing. Awesome job on not showing the supernatural elements!

+ angelcurio on October 31st, 2007 at 6:13 pm said:

Doom_bringer is still alive? xDDD, its nice to see you still hanging around, greetings from neogaf :p

Good job Naughty Dog, finally the first real ps3 AAA game is coming out.

+ Uhyve on October 31st, 2007 at 6:20 pm said:

Didn’t massive attack do the House MD theme?

+ foda500 on October 31st, 2007 at 6:55 pm said:

PSN next week is going to be AWESOME.

+ Uncharted Demo Coming November 8th « phGamer on October 31st, 2007 at 7:09 pm said:

[…] set for release. This was confirmed by Gaming Director Amy Henning through a reply she made over at Playstation.Blog […]

+ Manmonkey on October 31st, 2007 at 7:25 pm said:

Great job on the video. This looks like GOTY material to me. Preordered and ready to play it. If you don’t preorder you might not get this fantastic game day one.

+ Uncharted demo drops next week | GAMINGtruth on October 31st, 2007 at 8:13 pm said:

[…] Drake’s Fortune. Amy Hennig, Game Director for Uncharted said in the comments section on the Playstation Blog that a demo for the game is dropping Nov.8 which is next […]

+ FFObsessed on October 31st, 2007 at 8:24 pm said:

Is the demo going to be on the UK PS Store next week too? Or are we going to have to wait another week or two?

The game looks incredible I must say, my most anticipated game this year.

+ ziggyd24 on October 31st, 2007 at 8:31 pm said:

awesome I cant wait I just hope the game isn’t too short

+ Cesar on October 31st, 2007 at 8:58 pm said:

I have this game reserve i just finish Conan and i’m still playing Folklore, FinalFantasy for the psp, i love the trailer and i hope we get some PSN add-on in the future. is hard to go back to a game after you have finished, especially with so many games out now.

+ Lp47 on October 31st, 2007 at 11:06 pm said:

NIce trailer. the musics very good.

+ Pulse-Wave on November 1st, 2007 at 12:24 am said:

Breath-taking visuals. This game looks like it’s going to hit the gaming scene with a very big blast. And leave a crater that will separate it from the rest.

*hint hint*: it looks to be an even bigger blast to play if played with a Dual Shock 3. Let’s get those DS3’s stateside, pronto!

+ PS3 Blog » Blog Archive » Uncharted: Drakes Schicksal - Demo Termin | Update on November 1st, 2007 at 1:42 am said:

[…] (Quelle) […]

+ gamesblow on November 1st, 2007 at 2:50 am said:

Dear, Naughtydog… Whatever you do don’t buy th eGex franchise from whoever’s ran it into the ground. … Also, can we get any light on a walk button, Amy? I know everyone’s been asking about this for Uncharted cause we’ve never seen Drake just walk. It might be kind of strange to see him run all the time. Any confirmations?

+ rukusa on November 1st, 2007 at 4:30 am said:

so true.

I dont know what it is about Naughty Dog, but its like they, do the same as other Sony supportive studios and listen to the people. :0 shocking!

To think they even went as far as fixing such ‘small stuff’ as gun alignment, when one VERY PICKY Neogaf poster pointed it out ;).

PLEASE Naughty Dog, I know alot of the Crystal Dynamics crew migrated to ND. Of which SOME have made the original Gex games :)

Do what you can to make a Gex game! rawr!

+ PS3 Game Geek » Uncharted demo hitting the PSN Store on November 8th on November 1st, 2007 at 5:34 am said:

[…] a poster on the PlayStation.Blog with some very good news.An Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune demo will be available on the US PlayStation Network store on November the 8th – just over a week away! So if you’re […]