PS4 - Destiny

Happy Halloween from Naughty Dog! New Uncharted trailer

Amy Hennig's Avatar + Posted by Amy Hennig on Oct 31, 2007 // Game Director, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Like UNCHARTED

Hello again!

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune has gone off to manufacturing, and we thought we’d celebrate by giving everyone an early Halloween treat – a brand new trailer, highlighting some of the game’s finished environments and teasing out just a bit more of the story.

We’re also pleased to share another nice bit of news with you all – Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune will now be available in the U.S. on November 19, so you’ll be able to set out on your adventure a day earlier than expected!

Special thanks go out to Massive Attack for the trailer’s awesome music, and to Taylor Kurosaki, our video editor, for putting it all together.

Enjoy!

185 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ XxBigP123xX on November 1st, 2007 at 7:22 pm said:

“20 minutes of gameplay”

wow, it’s going to be so hard to not download this! i wish i didnt watch all the videos so i could be really surprised :(

+ XxBigP123xX on November 1st, 2007 at 7:28 pm said:

“As for Jak and Daxter, there are still a lot of people here who would love to work on the franchise again, especially using all of the cool tech that was developed for Uncharted. However, exactly when you might see that is still anybody’s guess.”

DO IT! Jak and Daxter TPL was my 1st ps2 game and i still play it :)

+ Blueangel on November 1st, 2007 at 8:02 pm said:

NO JAK GAME AFTER UNCHARTED. PLEASE DO UNCHARTED 2 !!!!!

+ gamesblow on November 2nd, 2007 at 1:57 am said:

I’m on the fence here… I love the Original Jak & Daxter game. The 1st one… Jak 2 and Jak 3 lost it’s appeal to me. It become something else. I liked them both, but didn’t love them both. I loved the classic platformer it was in J&D and not the guns blazing cross platformer it became. I hope you send Jak back to where he came from or do a cross platform game with the Insomniac guys. That’d be awesome!

+ pesfreak on November 2nd, 2007 at 2:40 am said:

[DELETED] PES 2008 ,ROFM, HEVENLY SWORD,
ASSASINS CREED AND NOW THIS I NEED A 36 HOUR DAY WITH NO SLEEP AND NO WORK !!!! SUUPERRRB!!!
PS. MY WIFE STARTS TO HATE MY PS3…AND I DO NOT KNOW WHYYYY!!!! :-)

+ CyrusQ on November 2nd, 2007 at 10:26 am said:

So I take it that the game won’t get left-handed controls. :( I’ll just borrow the game from a friend and play it on easy and enjoy the scenery but that will be pretty much it for me..

Oh well, hope you get it right for the sequel.

+ razu on November 2nd, 2007 at 4:46 pm said:

Hi amy,

People on TV, movies or even gamedevelopers normally dont impress me , but you are exception.
I am huge fan of legacyofkain series, finished all, got Jak3 just because of your direction, and looking forward to your next directorial project, i have huge expectations from Uncharted(not because its from Sony or ND but its under your command) and its looks really impressive uptill now.
I have been longing to ask some questions if you can answer

1. Who had written the actual dialogue of legacyof kain series, some say jenkins was responsible other say dyack?
Which part of LOKseries you have written(dialogues i mean)?

2. Do you consider games as art?

3. Is Uncharted SD optimized, i mean does it look average or bad on SDTV?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Wishing you goodluck for future projects.

Amy Hennig's Avatar

+ Amy Hennig on November 2nd, 2007 at 8:47 pm said:

Thanks, Razu — I can’t take too much credit, though! Uncharted is the sum of many talented people’s hard work! I myself am amazed at what the team has accomplished.

I’m glad you enjoyed the LoK series – I’ll try to answer your questions..

1. Different people were involved in the writing, over the course of the series. Denis and Ken wrote the story and dialogue for BO:LoK (the first game) – as Crystal Dynamics’ design manager, I worked with them on the game design and layouts. The story was pretty much done when I came aboard – they were just working on animating/rendering the cinematics.

I helmed the story/writing efforts on Soul Reaver, SR2, and Defiance — but I collaborated with lots of people (internally and externally). Paul Jenkins and I collaborated on SR2, and Carol Wolf worked with me on Defiance.

BO2 was developed by an entirely different team – I didn’t work on the story/dialogue at all (though I did need to sort of write around it when working on SR2 and Defiance).

Hope that clears things up! (Sorry to all the other folks on the board who couldn’t give a damn :)

2. Yes, I think games can be art. I’ve played some! We certainly put our creative hearts and souls into it.

3. Far as I’m aware, Uncharted looks fine on standard def. Looks better in HD, though ;)

Thanks again for your words of encouragement!

+ XxBigP123xX on November 2nd, 2007 at 11:13 pm said:

when will we start to see commercials for uncharted?

+ razu on November 3rd, 2007 at 10:49 am said:

Thanks for answers , hope you would answer some more questions in future regarding Uncharted, when we will finish the game(regarding story and stuff).

Here i found promotional site , for those who don’t know yet.

+ Mojo15C on November 4th, 2007 at 11:14 am said:

This last trailer was amazing. Looks very epic, on the scope Zelda or FF or even the show Lost… very cool.

I preordered the game right after I saw it!

Will there be any additional add-on content for this game online later on? I can’t wait till the 19th!

Keep up the great work!! ;)

+ pistolgrip on November 4th, 2007 at 10:21 pm said:

@Amy

I am not seeing media outlets like Gamestop, 1up or IGN showcasing this new trailer. Are you guys making sure these guys get the media as soon as possible? I think its important that the game stays on the spotlight as it may get the cold shoulder from gaming “journalist”. Anyway, just wanted to thank you and the rest of ND with your involment on this game. The story seems extremely well done and the acting is second to none (Only heavenly sword compares IMO). And of course the graphics are current the best for any console game I have ever seen. Its all just AFW (awesome f**king wowsome) as Kittonwy would say.

+ razu on November 21st, 2007 at 3:34 pm said:

Finished the game.
Looks outstanding on HD, great texturing and geometry.
Game has catered my needs in every department.
Music is too good, and sound is unbelievable.

Nate is the most natural,lifelike character ever in videogames.
Animation has notmatch.
Story though typical is executed prefectly.

Now that i have played all bigtitles this year, likehalo3,bioshock,darkness,CoD4 and maseffect etc

Uncharted is my GOTY.

Also i loved the twist in later levels,

I would love to know if the twist will be explained in sequel or not?

PAGE 1 2 3 4