PS4 - Transistor

MotorStorm Devil’s Weekend

Felice Standifer's Avatar + Posted by Felice Standifer on Nov 07, 2007 // Sr. Producer, SCEA

MotorStorm Devil's Weekend
More bone-crunching offroad goodness you say?

That’s right race fans, MotorStorm will be releasing new content….we just keep it coming. The team doesn’t mind working late nights and weekends as long as our consumers our happy.

On November 8th, a new server Update 3.0 patch will become available, as will new Devil’s Weekend downloadable content on the PSN Store.

First things first – what’s in the server Update 3.0 patch? Well we’ve added support for the DUALSHOCK 3 controller with adjustable sensitivity settings, and we’ve added sensitivity settings for SIXAXIS Motion Sensor control. Also, finishing position from the last race now determines your starting grid position in the next race within the same online lobby. Oh, and the grid order is completely randomized for the first race in any online lobby.

MotorStorm Devil's WeekendMotorStorm Devil's Weekend

MotorStorm Devil's Weekend

Last but definitely not least, don’t forget to check out the PSN Store for our new downloadable content, Devil’s Weekend. With this new pack, you get 4 new tickets containing 10 races (no time for sleeping). Check out the five new vehicles and one special unlockable vehicle – each one available with three new skins.

Don’t worry about the new content being called Devil’s Weekend, you only need to sell your soul to the devil at the crossroads if you want to be an expert at the course. No one said getting good at MotorStorm was easy.

We are also including a little belated Halloween treat by including a vehicle with a Halloween skin available to everyone when you update to the new server patch. It’s always nice to get something free every now and then.

Enjoy your long days and sleepless nights playing MotorStorm.

MotorStorm Devil's WeekendMotorStorm Devil's WeekendMotorStorm Devil's WeekendMotorStorm Devil's Weekend

82 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ joel on November 7th, 2007 at 6:57 pm said:

No sorry you cant bring us any good news now, you betrayed us with in game xmb we betray you with your blog.

+ Ultima-Bahamut on November 7th, 2007 at 7:01 pm said:

I’ll be honest….I’m not a fan of DLC at all…In fact, I played Motorstorm all the time before the last DLC came out. Once it came out, I wasn’t willing to shell out the $$$ for it and in turn, lost interest in the game.

+ Clinton514 on November 7th, 2007 at 7:01 pm said:

That skull decal truck looks sick. I might grab that and the orange and black buggy.

ps. Joel, quit being an infant.

+ Picasso on November 7th, 2007 at 7:06 pm said:

ignore the spoiled brats

Nice update

+ Clover09 on November 7th, 2007 at 7:07 pm said:

Awesome!!!!!!!
BTW, if you guys put a multi player offline patch on PSN I’ll pay $$$ for it.

+ MatiasB on November 7th, 2007 at 7:09 pm said:

Motorstorm should be released on the PSN store for some 30ish dollars so that all this DLC is justified and the game could always be on your harddrive.

It would probably sell as well if not better than Warhawk on psn.

This would also give them the chance to improve on the car and map load times as well.

Message me on PSN sony (User MatiasB) if you want to know where to send to send the checks.

+ TTP on November 7th, 2007 at 7:11 pm said:

Is the Devil’s Weekend coming to the European Store tomorrow as well?

+ Gregero on November 7th, 2007 at 7:15 pm said:

Now that’s an update, Evo. I love how you keep bringing us non-stop Motorstorm action. I love this game and have been playing it quite a bit. A lot of content coming tomorrow- it’s gonna be a good one.

+ chainlink13 on November 7th, 2007 at 7:16 pm said:

@1

That was actually a pretty funny post. Thanks for the laugh.

+ rique on November 7th, 2007 at 7:21 pm said:

If it’s not in game XMB then I don’t want to hear.

+ chainlink13 on November 7th, 2007 at 7:24 pm said:

@10

You are very hilarious, too.

+ Stoffinator on November 7th, 2007 at 7:24 pm said:

Now if only Sony gave us with out credit cards to buy this stuff. *Hint Hint

+ Delriach on November 7th, 2007 at 7:24 pm said:

It’s good to see that this game is still giving content :)

+ xplosneer on November 7th, 2007 at 7:35 pm said:

I’ll buy this………..IF you guys can make 4.0 HAVE SPLIT SCREEN! THANK YOU. Still nice to see support for the old games though.
I agree with Clover09 pretty much.

+ careksims on November 7th, 2007 at 7:45 pm said:

What’s the use about putting in DS3 support when the only way to get a DS3 is to wait til next year or import it from Japan?

+ scorpio on November 7th, 2007 at 7:46 pm said:

I agree with some of the suggestions like split screen etc…. Im really thinking of getting this game…

+ Kpepe on November 7th, 2007 at 7:53 pm said:

Well sorry but Motorstorm was a flop. All hype.

+ tibbar110 on November 7th, 2007 at 7:55 pm said:

Allow this game to play in 1080i, and I will be happy. Anything short of that is a welcome addition, but not a key fix. A load time decrease would be nice but not as important as 1080i available. Talk to Naughty Dog. They are solving the problem with Uncharted.

+ MikeG115 on November 7th, 2007 at 7:55 pm said:

great update but please add split-screen. DS3 support is nice but 99% of us don’t have a DS3 and won’t have it for a while.

good job anyway

+ Prayer350z on November 7th, 2007 at 8:08 pm said:

um, Motorstorm team has nothing to do with the firmware updates # 1 :P

Thanks for the DLC, but we arent happy until SONY actually listens to us :(

+ Gavi on November 7th, 2007 at 8:19 pm said:

Nice one Felice. Just in time with the launch of the DualShock 3 controller. Did we get a price for this? Back to MotorStorm this weekend then. Good timing with the release of the content. MotorStorm’s at 3.0. The PS3 firmware is at 2.0. All systems go.

+ WHAT on November 7th, 2007 at 8:23 pm said:

I new holding onto this game would bring great rewards. Thanks a bunch.

+ Jeigh on November 7th, 2007 at 8:27 pm said:

Wow @ 1

Pfft, get lost kid.

Great to hear you guys are still plugging away. How’s Motorstorm 2 coming? We’re expecting great things!~ :D

+ dzpntll on November 7th, 2007 at 8:38 pm said:

firmware 2.00 has just been released!!

+ Kamahl on November 7th, 2007 at 8:44 pm said:

good news! i’m getting this tomorrow (hopefully)

The new vehicles look pretty cool, and the new track sounds good too, i wanna check that bridge out.

+ LiquidMetal14 on November 7th, 2007 at 8:45 pm said:

If those of you who chose to post here cannot keep it on topic then I suggest you go and vent in the right place. This venue is not the place for such manners.

+ MikeG115 on November 7th, 2007 at 8:53 pm said:

wait, i’m a lil confused.

are there new tracks or just new races???

+ CitizenInsane27 on November 7th, 2007 at 9:06 pm said:

Woot, go Sony, I love the motorstorm content. It is most rocking.

+ Che on November 7th, 2007 at 9:06 pm said:

Whatever happened to Eagles Nest??? When is that coming out?

+ 40cal on November 7th, 2007 at 9:09 pm said:

Hells yeah! Good lookin out guys.

+ byrd864 on November 7th, 2007 at 9:10 pm said:

good news – more motorstorm!
bad news – the sounds of money leaving my wallet

in the end though, good > bad. thanks for more dlc! gives me a reason to go back and play motorstorm some more.

+ ziggyd24 on November 7th, 2007 at 9:13 pm said:

awesome just please be reasonable with the price

+ Kamahl on November 7th, 2007 at 9:35 pm said:

it will cost $6 according to IGN

@ 31: Its 1 new track + races + races + vehicles and there’s also version 3.0 which comes with a few skins, that’s free though.

+ DarKaoZ on November 7th, 2007 at 9:51 pm said:

Are we going to get DeLorean!? I so want to get that car!!

+ wh0am1 on November 7th, 2007 at 10:50 pm said:

GIVE US THE UNCHARTEWD DEMO ALREADY!!!!!!!

+ Gavi on November 7th, 2007 at 11:07 pm said:

So it’s $5.99. I’m hearing that it’s the biggest track to date. Bigger than the Grizzly? Looking forward to it. Now, there’s so much to enjoy. MotorStorm, Ratchet, Folklore, COD4, PES2008, WarHawk and of course the Uncharted demo. Game drought? What drought?

+ Odd1 on November 7th, 2007 at 11:24 pm said:

Great update, but when will i be able to play the game against my friends at my house… SPLIT SCREEN PLEASE!!! why on earth would you not have split screen? I try to encourage my spouce to enjoy a little of what i like and spend some time with me and i have to make her watch?! i have buddies over to show off motorstorm and they’re too afraid to play in front of me for fear embarassing themselves when they blow-up. so what do i say?… go home so we can play together. just because we have online as an option does not mean we want to exclude our friends from playing on the same console. 4 player split screen PLEASE….!!! please.

+ Lp47 on November 7th, 2007 at 11:45 pm said:

nice, i might have to boot motorstorm back up for this, ive been playing ratchet and warhawk to much. thankyou for the on going support.

+ Kedaro on November 8th, 2007 at 12:59 am said:

Um long days and sleepless nights? I was done with motorstorm within a week of paying $70 for it, it had no upgrading system, no replay value at all, Great! while it lasted, sure, I am hardcore, I play games to death, and sometimes fast. What got me was when I bought the last PSN update for however much it was, 7-10$US, don’t remember exactly, and it breathed all of 3 hours of life into the game for me, and then I was done… Sadly this is my third negative post tonight, and usually I post nothing but positive feedback on this .blog, I think I as a fan/fool of Sony am starting to get heavily annoyed.

+ Kedaro on November 8th, 2007 at 1:03 am said:

As far as the game Motorstorm is concerned though, Great designs guys, impressive visuals, awesome track design… Please don’t take my previous comment as too much of a negative, I think maybe it is fired by a lot of the other negative feedback on a blog I read previously, the FW 2.0 stuff, I think reading that, and then realizing I feel inclined to purchase another 2-3 hours of fun for quite a bit of $$, is a bit of a smack in the face, it’s probably for all intents and purposes, not Motorstorm’s fault.

+ ParthianArcher on November 8th, 2007 at 1:38 am said:

This blog is just a distraction from the much hated firmware 2.0 update blog
In summary, Motorstorm = good
Firmware 2.0 = worse than bad

+ Kedaro on November 8th, 2007 at 1:53 am said:

Yea Motorstorm is a great game, If i could have changed it in any way, it just would have been a vehicular upgrading system, other than that, it’s basically the most ‘perfect’ offroad racing game on the market. *crossing my fingers for lowered prices* as I like to buy everything on the PSN each month, not just a few here and a few there.

+ Shiloa on November 8th, 2007 at 2:50 am said:

Ignore the off topic stuff, this is a great update and it’s good to see you guys continually supporting the game.

+ Flanders on November 8th, 2007 at 3:42 am said:

Motorstorm is one of only a small handful of games that really make the PS3 shine. Aside from lack of split screen multiplayer, this game actually lived up to all the hype. Aside from Resistance (even with its sub par graphics), and now Heavenly Sword and hopefully soon Uncharted every other first person game has been a let down.

But count me in with the consipiracy folks who think this story was released early to push down the 2.0 PR nightmare going on….

+ zapruder on November 8th, 2007 at 4:11 am said:

we need psn cards to get this.

+ XxBigP123xX on November 8th, 2007 at 4:38 am said:

so europe has had this patch for like 2 weeks AND got a gree skin for haloween. what did we get? nothing.

+ XxBigP123xX on November 8th, 2007 at 5:09 am said:

free*

+ Kenshin001 on November 8th, 2007 at 5:41 am said:

Felice, SPLITSCREEN. For the love of God please make it finally happen. Also I live in Japan but there are no global servers so I can not play my friends in other countries. Every other game I have has global servers. There were only 3 racers online on the Motorstorm J server last time I logged in. 3!

+ deadxbabiesxinc on November 8th, 2007 at 6:32 am said:

I havent played my Motorstorm as much as I shouldve…but man I’m gonna enjoy this pack! Wooo for the dark side!!!

+ linton on November 8th, 2007 at 6:43 am said:

whats up with all this whining!?, sony are doing a an excellent job as are all the games makers who are continually supporting their games with all these lovely updates, patches, upgrades, maps, fixes etc, i feel they’re all doing the best to listen to whatever problems we encounter in our games and coming up with fixes as soon as possible, yeah i know some take longer than we’d like – but thats just the way it is. I feel the next 9 years are gonna be pretty damn special for the PS3!.

Keep On Rollin Sony!