GTAV PS4

More PS3 Ad Spots Now Airing

Kim Nguyen's Avatar + Posted by Kim Nguyen on Nov 09, 2007 // Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

By now, there’s an excellent chance you’ve seen at least one of our new PLAYSTATION 3 television spots during your favorite programming in the last two weeks.

You guys have all been really great about letting us know how much you like our ads and we really appreciate it, so we just wanted to send a couple more your way that have already started airing.

Last week, Peter Dille revealed spots showcasing the PS3 as an entertainment powerhouse and exciting 1st Party titles. But that’s only part of the story. We have excellent 3rd party titles hitting the PS3 this month that really complement our game lineup.

This first spot highlights Activision’s Call of Duty 4, which arrived in stores this past Tuesday and has been getting amazing reviews from the gaming press.

The second spot features Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed, which will start showing up on store shelves on November 13th. Assassin’s Creed has been one of the most anticipated games of the season, and in this spot you’ll see why.

You’ve all been asking for more PS3 games and we hear you. Call of Duty 4 and Assassin’s Creed are just two of the great third party games coming to the PLAYSTATION 3 in the coming months. Exclusive titles such as Haze from Ubisoft and Metal Gear Solid 4 from Konami, plus Burnout Paradise, WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008, and Time Crisis 4 showcase a varied lineup that you can only find on PLAYSTATION 3.

Keep coming back because more spots will be unveiled in the next coming weeks. And, before you ask, yes, we are trying to get all of these spots (including the PS3 brand ones) onto the PLAYSTATION Store.

Thanks again for all the great feedback and being so passionate about our brand!

118 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ terminatorvsmtrx on November 12th, 2007 at 10:42 am said:

these commercials are freakin sick.. keep em coming.. lets get this install base up,, i hate feeling like a minority against the bullsh*t 360

+ Cernunnos on November 12th, 2007 at 2:15 pm said:

Bring the PS3 to the people. Let the average consumers know what’t in the package. Not everyone hangs around the web all the time. Make parents that knows nothing about gaming buy it for their kids. Include the parental control stuff in advertisments, as a message to parents that this is a safe system. AND GET HOME OUT AND USE IT!!!:D

+ AGQ0105 on November 12th, 2007 at 3:44 pm said:

CoD is so awesome, make sure that one stays up for a while.

+ the6one on November 12th, 2007 at 7:15 pm said:

Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Sony Corporation is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, communications and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. Its music, motion pictures, computer entertainment operations, and online businesses make Sony one of the most comprehensive entertainment companies in the world. Sony recorded consolidated annual sales of approximately $70.3 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2007, and it employs 163,000 people worldwide.

Remember “computer entertainment operations” employees, you represent one of the most comprehensive entertainment companies in the world. Let’s show these fanboys of the competition just why you are called SONY Computer Entertainment Inc. I’m sick of all this crap, SONY is the better and I am sticking with it. My next product from SONY is probably going to be the Vaio, SONY……Like. No. Other.

the6one……..

+ doomsonyman on November 12th, 2007 at 7:50 pm said:

i like the6one he is a true sony fan like myself but his fandom far surpasses my own and believe me thats saying alot being i’m one of the most loyal anti microsoft anti nintendo wanting sony to dominate the world sony fans you can find anywhere.

+ MID_EAST_GAMER on November 12th, 2007 at 8:27 pm said:

man call of duty killz counter strike and halo3. got the game and online is the best experience ever. thanks Activision

+ MID_EAST_GAMER on November 12th, 2007 at 8:33 pm said:

my friend is sellin his X-Box 360 so he can get a ps3, mostly for the new stuff sony is offering better than microsoft…free online!
xbox live 70$ a year, not a life time.

+ Karamo on November 12th, 2007 at 11:04 pm said:

I hope that you guys put that much effort in for uncharted, you need to trow it into our faces on every channel let the world know that your system has game that can only be dont on the Playstation 3, i have both systems but i rather have the PS3 version of games, because it is the more reliable system, and the only system that will have killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, and LBP, and more out there.

+ illegalprelude on November 13th, 2007 at 1:38 pm said:

Sony, its nice to see some advertising finally for the PS3 and some that show off the system. I wont get too much into details but lets just say I work for the creative team of one of your big competitors and advertising has taken our company off the charts in terms of brand recognition and there for, turn around in profit and traffic.

Having said that, keep in mind that you need diverse commercials. Dont just focus on Cartoon Network and MTV. Spread them out. Im sure many in the company would rather focus on the traditional area’s but thats what makes the PS3 interesting, its not a tradition machine. So pick your targets, but dont have a narrow focus. Do them during major shows like Heroes, Bionic Women, The Unit. Its the correct audience.

So again, keep up the pressure. Believe it or not, marketing pays off

+ 3pointshooter on November 14th, 2007 at 4:14 am said:

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008, only find on PLAYSTATION 3 ?

+ distortionx10 on November 15th, 2007 at 7:12 pm said:

I was watching my favorite tv show when suddenly, it went to a brief commercial break, and on came these images of a person with a parachute throwing xboxs at people on the streets. It was a humurous commercial, but as a ps3 fan i felt like a little anger because of the previous ps3 ads. Altough they might have been effective to some people, they were still weird compared to this xbox ad. I felt let down. I continued watching the tv wondering, why dont they have better ps3 ads?? And exactly at that moment I see an image of a ps3 in a white room, I told myself “oh no not this….” then the ps3 suddenly exploded and out came all sort of ps3 related, things the dragons from lair,blu ray disc, all these images fused so well together with the music,Ladies and Gentlemen, all of a sudden i felt my chest swell with pride in all of ps3. Until that day i have been doubting ps3. It hasnt had many good releases and good reviews. But lately with the release of GH3 assasin’s creed, NFS PS, and so many i felt overwhelmed by the number of games eing released. In summarization im trying to say you guys did a really, really good job with the ads, keep up the work. Long live rock music and long live ps3!

+ watchyourmind on November 16th, 2007 at 9:09 pm said:

Nice job with these adverts. I think they are really good and show what the system can do. You MUST keep doing these sorts of adverts on TV and in Cinemas frequently.

These adds kind of give us PS3 gamers a kind of ‘image’. It’s really cool and makes us feel cool/good about our decision to buy a PS3.

My favourite adds so far are the initial ones with the morphing PS3 and tentacles and music ‘ do you want it’ the music in that add is great and I like the montage of having multiple games flying across the screen.

+ kkgoh07 on November 27th, 2007 at 8:09 am said:

Whoa, I haven’t popped by the PS Blog site in a bit and there are lots of great comments out there. Kudos to you guys (and gals).

I’ve noticed the adverts as well, and that’s definitely a step in the right direction. I’m guessing the Sony marketing team already has all, if not most, marketing aspects covered. This probably boils down to execution, and let’s hope the delivery comes through.

One comment I made before and have to repeat. It seems that all the commercials I’ve seen are action-intensive in nature. Heavenly Sword, Drake’s Fortune, Warhawk, just to name a few. I’m wondering why the marketing team can’t advertise the more creative pipeline products. It seems that showcasing the creative edge is what Sony needs to win the race, and a couple of concepts that blew me away were the stuff you did with Home and the Eye toy. Those developer videos (the one with all the physics, drawing-captures-come-to-life,etc) can be creatively made into ads. Yes, they are incomplete products, but hinting at the possibilities of PS3 is critical. Remember the PS9 ad (inhalable entertainment) you had long ago?

If you look at Nintendo, I see adverts on the creative aspects of DS all the time, from memory training to hand-eye coordination. They are playing to their only strength. I get the sense from the current ads that the PS3 is only trying to compete with the Xbox. I know it can do so much more, so show it. Don’t constrain yourself by believing that Nintendo works on a different market segment from yours. Your product can go anywhere! This isn’t another Apple vs PC theme where Apple was gunning for Windows. Just looking at the weekly NPD numbers, the race is over if Sony just aims to compete in one corner of the gaming market.

PAGE 1 2 3