Final Fantasy XV

Nov 09

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Demo Back on the World Map

Christophe Balestra's Avatar Posted by on Nov 09, 2007 // Co-President Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

Christophe Balestra, here, and I’m Co-President at Naughty Dog. I wanted to give a final update on the Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune demo situation.

We’re really sorry about what happened and didn’t anticipate this at all. We just didn’t know people from other territories could connect to the US PLAYSTATION Network Store and download demos … now we do! We’ve been too busy working on the game to wrap our head’s around the infrastructure of the PSN.

We absolutely did not plan the demo to be region locked. As soon as we figured out the problem existed, Sam Thompson called me and I jumped into my car, drove to the office and fixed it right away. It’s an honest mistake and we didn’t try to prevent anybody from enjoying the Uncharted demo. I feel even more sorry because most of the people who experienced the problem are in Europe and I’m European myself.

So again, we’re really sorry about what happened and it wasn’t done on purpose. The good news is it’s now fixed and a new demo of Uncharted has been posted to the US PLAYSTATION Network Store so the entire world can enjoy it.

Thanks to Sam for taking the heat yesterday and for letting us know about the issue.

262 Comments

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ awheaten on November 12th, 2007 at 6:55 am said:

This game is really good. Too bad it is going to get bad press because of IGN and gamespot. Those 2 sites has no love for the PS3, or Sony in general. It is just going to be us that PS3 faithful that is going to enjoy this game.

On a better note, this game is really good.

+ awheaten on November 12th, 2007 at 6:56 am said:

This game is really good. Too bad it is going to get bad press because of IGN and gamespot. Those 2 sites has no love for the PS3, or Sony in general. It is just going to be us, the PS3 faithful, that is going to enjoy this game.

On a better note, this game is really good.

+ mbstyle on November 12th, 2007 at 7:17 am said:

this game ist very very nice! i think the best game of the year 2007!!! i cant wait!!! and thanks for play this very nice demo! UNCHARTED4EVER

+ zapruder on November 12th, 2007 at 8:13 am said:

Great demo.. but.. the sound on the dutch version was bad, it sounds like a really low mp3 conversion, hope that it’s fixed in the final version.

+ speedis on November 12th, 2007 at 9:48 am said:

zapruder: I’m sure it will be fixed for the EUROPEAN demo version of this game. Remember you’re playing a demo intended for USA, which means you can’t expect European functions to be 100%.

+ fizan on November 12th, 2007 at 1:28 pm said:

Thanks for the version 2.0 of the demo… people should check out this blog before downloading stuff, I did and it helped me avoid the dreaded v 1.00 which only works on NA systems.

Anyway, loved the demo.. the amount of detail is breathtaking. Even my mom is into it. I really hope you guys fixed the framerate issues in the final product. Then it would totally kick ass.

+ wallhugger on November 12th, 2007 at 4:48 pm said:

I actually let out a shriek when I read this.

ND loads of love and kudos from Belgium

+ HESA1 on November 13th, 2007 at 3:32 am said:

I’m sorry if I don’t get this,but how I reach US Playstation store through my Playstation if I live in Europe. When I go in into The Playstation store it’s European and there is no Uncharted Demo out on it. How do i reach US Playstation store?????????

+ SinsToJudge on November 13th, 2007 at 4:50 am said:

Hesa, I can’t go into details here, because there is just too much to type up.

Just do a google search and you’ll find instructions easy enough :)

+ bieluk on November 13th, 2007 at 6:24 am said:

Thanks a lot. This game is incredible :)

+ Dominican21 on November 13th, 2007 at 9:23 am said:

I am buying this game for sure!

+ consoleer » Blog Archive » Whining Works: Uncharted Demo Now Region-Free [Crisis Averted] on February 7th, 2008 at 5:47 am said:

[…] Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Demo Back on the World Map [PlayStation.blog] […]

PAGE 1 4 5 6