PlayStation Vue

Nov 16

Firmware v2.01 Coming Soon

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by Eric Lempel on Nov 16, 2007 // SVP, PlayStation Network

Hey everyone. We know you like to hear about updates a few days in advance, so here’s a quick heads up that we have a new System Software update in the works.

Firmware v2.01 is a minor update that will improve the stability of PLAYSTATION 3.

We’ll provide more specifics as the update is about to go live, but we thought we’d give loyal blog readers advance notice!

364 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8

+ RicardoG on November 16th, 2007 at 7:17 pm said:

Those STUPID post about INGAMEXMB are really annoying STOP it already!!!
You people made your point just wait for it ok?!
Don’t tell me you people bought the PS3 just for to play a game and listen to music at the same time?!

Anyway…could the next update put the clock in PS3 HOME menu while playing a game like the PSP? It’s just that some days I have to work and while I’m on lunch I play a little and sometimes I lose track of the time… : )

+ Federation on November 16th, 2007 at 7:17 pm said:

Birthday present for the Playstation 3?

+ frito on November 16th, 2007 at 7:21 pm said:

ERIC!

Please help us fix these horrible crashes and restarts since 2.0!!!

I can hardly play any games anymore, let alone surf the net anymore!

I love my PS3, and this scares me! My baby is convulsing!

I just got Assassins’s Creed, and I can’t play it for more than 5 minutes without the system restarting!!

Also, the Ps2 game upscaler is not working anymore, and games look horrible!

thanks for any help! Tomorrow is the PS3 anniversary, and mine can’t even play games! AHH!

+ saunderswan on November 16th, 2007 at 7:26 pm said:

hopefully this will be the EXTRA part needed for DIVX and 1.1 profile for blu-ray :D aswell as fix for 2.0 look forward to hearing what is in this update cheers for the heads-up in ADVANCE

+ purple6haz on November 16th, 2007 at 7:26 pm said:

Keep up the good work and the better communication!

+ jayd1k on November 16th, 2007 at 7:28 pm said:

i would like to have the browser updated! a java and flash update is needed please.

+ NBCraftsman on November 16th, 2007 at 7:31 pm said:

Thanks for the “heads-up”, keep up the good work.

+ IceCold on November 16th, 2007 at 7:33 pm said:

humm prob fix the shutdown problem when you have remote start on, and the freezing of the XMB with the imformation board on.

+ saunderswan on November 16th, 2007 at 7:34 pm said:

@thingg you can change the speed of the mouse pointer in settings look B4 asking for something that is already there glad to help ;)

+ lmhenry01 on November 16th, 2007 at 7:35 pm said:

o plz

+ Rogerjak on November 16th, 2007 at 7:39 pm said:

Stop with the In game XMB. it’s a 0.01 update!! It will fix minor bugs and problems.

+ lordvampir on November 16th, 2007 at 7:40 pm said:

o yea

+ joel on November 16th, 2007 at 7:41 pm said:

They knw we want In game xmb shut da f up plaese. Dont worry now divx is supported.

+ Otega on November 16th, 2007 at 7:51 pm said:

DivX, was said to be in the next one.

In game message
Auto install for demos
TV/Movie service
Home
User Screenshot function for HDD video
PS2 games on PSN
Time shown when PS button is hit
Stream PSN videos in SD without downlod.
Info to tell if ur online or what level,hardness.
RSS
Password lock for user things.
SETI@Home

This Is Living:)

+ Camismaster on November 16th, 2007 at 7:53 pm said:

Sweet, thanks for the info!

+ tushioh on November 16th, 2007 at 7:57 pm said:

there are also upscaling glitches, dont forget to fix them because i was playing my ps2 games on 720p and they look horrible now…they never did until now. they look the way they were when they werent upscaled and it seems to be way too stretched out. thanks!

+ theycallmeryan on November 16th, 2007 at 7:58 pm said:

Thanks for the info Eric :D. Let me be the 1st (or the 10,000,000,000th, but who’s counting) to wish the PS3 a happy 1st bithday and it was a great year :D.

+ ghamdikh1 on November 16th, 2007 at 8:03 pm said:

Cool I think they going to add divx playback, but I hop they also add IN GAME XMB.

+ NAZAR on November 16th, 2007 at 8:05 pm said:

Sorry for spaming, but we really need VPN connectivity

VPN (PPTP) S
VPN (PPTP) O
VPN (PPTP) N
VPN (PPTP) Y
VPN (PPTP)
VPN (PPTP) L
VPN (PPTP) I
VPN (PPTP) S
VPN (PPTP) T
VPN (PPTP) E
VPN (PPTP) N

@blizzard182

I understand your confuse. Yes, almost 30% of East Europe computers connect to Internet through VPN in their local network. It’s PPTP connection.

Google word “PPTP” and you’ll understand how it works. It’s safer then PPPoE or ADSL.

+ BizzRyan69 on November 16th, 2007 at 8:15 pm said:

I would like to see the abilty to play my own music while playing a game like xbox and xbox 360 has! this is the only reason my ps3 have never left the box it came in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Synthesize on November 16th, 2007 at 8:15 pm said:

Great! Keep the updates coming! Hopefully we see In-Game XMB with Universal Friends List soon!

Thanks.

+ lmhenry01 on November 16th, 2007 at 8:22 pm said:

Flash Player update for internet Browser so i can watch abc.com full episode player They Have HD Streaming and i want to take advantage of that. thanks sony http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

+ BrianC6234 on November 16th, 2007 at 8:30 pm said:

To you people saying the PS3 needs VPN support, this blog is by SCEA. I think you need to tell SCEE about that. I doubt many US PS3 gamers use VPN.

+ saunderswan on November 16th, 2007 at 8:38 pm said:

@brianC6234

what you think the Firmware updates are just for AMERICA??????

+ BrianC6234 on November 16th, 2007 at 8:41 pm said:

No but SCEA isn’t going to add VPN support. Nobody in the US uses it for their Internet connection. So tell SCEE. Maybe they can get it done.

+ Strider2K99 on November 16th, 2007 at 8:42 pm said:

For Christ’s sake guys, he said it was a minor update to fix some issues, stop asking for in-game xmb or whatever the hell it is for a minor update.

+ saunderswan on November 16th, 2007 at 8:47 pm said:

how many time do we have to have this conversation about this BLOG BEING FOR ALL

+ tails-4 on November 16th, 2007 at 8:47 pm said:

sounds cool
just some stabilty i guess

being able to check MESSAGES in-game would be so handy.

thanks for being loyal to us loyal fans

+ saunderswan on November 16th, 2007 at 8:47 pm said:

PLAYSTATION FANS

+ thingg on November 16th, 2007 at 8:49 pm said:

@ #109 saunderswan
Yeah I know that’s there, but (as far as I know) it only affects a USB mouse, not the Sixaxis. I could be wrong though, I’ll have to check it out.
Anyway, thanks for the answer.

+ Hedrakk on November 16th, 2007 at 8:49 pm said:

I’m a proud owner of a PS3 and I would like to tell Sony guys that they are doing a great job. And to answer owers that are asking for divx or xmb in-game… well I think they got the point, so stop all this annoyance and just do as a I do, enjoy each new firmware update as a chrismas gift. Some thime they are awesome (like a PS3), sometime they are more “useful” (like a new electric raser… not very fun, but usefull :)

But as other said, this is just a X.01 update, so it will be probably transparent for most of us.

+ saunderswan on November 16th, 2007 at 8:50 pm said:

every single region in the world dont make there own firmwares its all 1 firmware

+ saunderswan on November 16th, 2007 at 8:53 pm said:

@thingg

let me know how that works out now you mention it am not sure either now

+ thingg on November 16th, 2007 at 8:54 pm said:

@ #120 BizzRyan69
Tired of only playing Halo 3?

@ everyone else
sorry about the off-topic.

+ thingg on November 16th, 2007 at 8:55 pm said:

@ saunderswan
you want to check it for me? My sister is playing Warhawk right now…

+ Guy Legend on November 16th, 2007 at 8:58 pm said:

Hopefully, the problems with PS2 backwards compatibility for a lot of games is fixed on the 80gb. Lots of new problems such as Gran Turismo 4 not even playing popped up with 2.0.

+ BrianC6234 on November 16th, 2007 at 9:00 pm said:

Saunderswan – SCEA isn’t going to do anything about VPN support in the updates. The US doesn’t use it. Why should they do it? Tell SCEE. Isn’t there a way to tell them what you want? If you look at the address of this site it says blog.us.playstation.com. The last time I checked that meant SCEA. Let SCEE know you’re upset. They’re the ones who should be getting you the features you need. The parent company is SCEI. The US has SCEA. Europe has SCEE.

+ saunderswan on November 16th, 2007 at 9:00 pm said:

@thingg

i was correct with my first statement it does affect the sixaxis also :D

+ thingg on November 16th, 2007 at 9:01 pm said:

Ok, she got off and I just checked the mouse speed thing. It doesn’t affect the Sixaxis “mouse” speed, or, if it does, not very much. (I’m thinking any affect might be an optical illusion.) Also, that option is under acessory settings so I doubt

+ saunderswan on November 16th, 2007 at 9:04 pm said:

@brian

DUH!!!

i guess your new to this BLOG so i will let it slide

whatever you say boss stop posting to peoples post when they are not talkin to you UNLESS you are helping said BLOGGER and you aint

+ saunderswan on November 16th, 2007 at 9:05 pm said:

change it from slow to fast and look again

+ tibbar110 on November 16th, 2007 at 9:10 pm said:

Let’s get 1080i support for all games past and future. Not all of us have televisions that support 720p. 1080i is supported by all HD sets.

+ thingg on November 16th, 2007 at 9:11 pm said:

(hehheh…. wrong button….)
So yeah, what I was going to say is, (after trying it again) yeah it DOES affect it, but the “fast” speed is still too slow to be navigating a 30″ website.
Anyways, thanks for the comment (and testing; I didn’t know it affected the Sixaxis at all because it was under accessory settings)) and I will be setting the mouse speed to fast now.
I’m thinking that we’d better stop using this as an instant messaging service.

@ everyone
sorry about all the off topic comments

@Sony I would still appreciate a greater range of speeds for the Sixaxis mouse in the browser

+ BrianC6234 on November 16th, 2007 at 9:13 pm said:

I only posted an answer to you because you started it. I said don’t bother posting a feature Europe only wants on the US blog. That’s what SCEE is for. We don’t use VPN here. I don’t see where that’s a problem. If it’s a feature the whole world can use then fine. That feature isn’t. Let SCEE know you want it.

By the way, are you the one who runs this blog or something? You act like it.

+ saunderswan on November 16th, 2007 at 9:15 pm said:

nah gives the mods summit to do heh but your welcome

+ saunderswan on November 16th, 2007 at 9:21 pm said:

thats really funny cos i was gonna ask you the same but the people you were commenting to are askin to get it in a future FIRMWARE UPDATE and you jump on there back sayin this is an american blog bla bla bla bla EVERYONE HERE NOW KNOWS THAT THIS BLOG IS FOR EVERYONE that includes china japan ALL of europe so whats with this you started it crap i am only pointing out THIS SITE IS FOR EVERYONE

UNLESS STATED IN A BIG F**KING RED POST

+ saunderswan on November 16th, 2007 at 9:36 pm said:

@brian

like i said to you its all one FIRMWARE if one part of the world needs it we all need to get it in the firmware its all the same FIRMWARE it just would not affect you in AMERICA we have had FIRMWARE that did nothing to our systems but it is required in AMERICA so WE ALL need to get it END OF STORY when you grow-up and understand english come back and apologise

+ saunderswan on November 16th, 2007 at 9:44 pm said:

@EVERYONE

sorry for the off-topic but some people just dont get it or still need to learn it at SCHOOL anywho am done argueing with him

peace

GAME ON

+ gue-xplicit on November 16th, 2007 at 10:00 pm said:

@ 5..

I agree 100%. Sony is doing a wonderful job. I will ALWAYS support Sony, and you will never see the XBOX is my house. As far as all the firmwares and nobody seems to be happy with them, I am…. I understand that it takes tremendous amount of time to do just one Firmware update and try to implement whats viable vs what everyone wants. Everyone, please give the developers some slack, they are working long hours to do what they can to continue keeping our PS3’s running with little to no problems. I know that there is great time in writing one piece of code for one small thing to happen. I am going to school for game design and would LOVE to eventually be part of the Sony team.

Give these guys some time, they are listening, everything can not come at once.

+ TwoBlack4America on November 16th, 2007 at 10:08 pm said:

Heads-ups are nice.So thanks!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8