Far Cry 4

Firmware v2.01 Coming Soon

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Nov 16, 2007 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hey everyone. We know you like to hear about updates a few days in advance, so here’s a quick heads up that we have a new System Software update in the works.

Firmware v2.01 is a minor update that will improve the stability of PLAYSTATION 3.

We’ll provide more specifics as the update is about to go live, but we thought we’d give loyal blog readers advance notice!

364 Comments

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8

+ tretle on November 19th, 2007 at 11:47 am said:

@313

your an idiot…. sure that console may have a 30%percent failure rate but there software division has absolutely nothing to do with that….. What is this thread discussing, firmware 2.01 made by the software division. So if you don’t have anything useful to say and if you would rather sit on your ass and hope that Sony might take initiative and add the features we want then go right ahead.. don’t complain about people that are actually trying to get Sony to implement the features we want. And stop defending certain companies as if they had sucked your d+ck, makes you look retarded.

+ heisert on November 19th, 2007 at 11:54 am said:

load “FW2.02″,8,1
Searching
Found Firmware 2.01
Loading ingame xmb, ingame music, ingame (private) chats, home & divX codec
Ready

Run!

+ blizzard182 on November 19th, 2007 at 11:58 am said:

@tretle

Are you REALLY taking to me?

+ elmonstro on November 19th, 2007 at 12:15 pm said:

@323 tretle

My post was #314, but by the content of your post I assume you are speaking to me.

As far as software vs. hardware goes, software only makes hardware do something other than just look pretty. f you have crappy hardware, like the “other console” does, there is nothing software can do to fix it.
Also, by mentioning hardware, I was simply saying if you want a hard-core gamer’s console, (as opposed to the Wii) the alternative to the PS3 is not worth it’s weight in charcoal. The PS3 has a failure rate of like .01%, (that’s ~1 in 10,000, in case you’re wondering) so why would I be bugging Sony about their hardware? They have achieved de facto perfection. (With any manufactured product, achieving a 0.00% failure rate is not possible, so a .01% failure rate is, for all practical purposes, perfection.)

Sony is listening to us and adding features that we want.
For example,
We wanted more connectivity between the PS3 and the PSP. Sony gave us the ability to remotely turn on the PS3 with the PSP. Even though this feature has some issues, Sony gave us what we wanted, and this update will presumably fix the problem.
Around 3-4 months ago, I remember what everyone was crying about most (other than in-game XMB) was the fact that there were no custom playlists on the PS3. Now we have them.
Also, when Sony unveiled custom themes on the PSP, everyone wanted them on the PS3 too. Sony not only gave us custom themes, they also gave us a way to make our own themes if we want to.

I realize that in-game XMB, as everyone in this blog means it, is what we want more than anything else. However, I will not reiterate my opinion on that here. If you want to know what it is, read #314. (not #313)

+ blizzard182 on November 19th, 2007 at 12:20 pm said:

@elmonstro (326)

I believe a comment got erased that why the number count changed.

Anyway..

I always wanted to know if “the others” count the “repaired” ones as new ones into the sold count…who knows…

It just never cease to amaze me how people are willing to pay 350 for a paperweight. Not all have the money to send it to repair. I knew people who were in their 6th…come on..

+ adj444 on November 19th, 2007 at 12:21 pm said:

HOME HOME HOME we need HOME you keep us waiting so ps3 may not be my Home any more come on

+ kingv84 on November 19th, 2007 at 1:28 pm said:

I think we are getting, bug fixes. I love them.

+ jawsomeman24 on November 19th, 2007 at 2:31 pm said:

FIX ASSASSINS CREED!!!!!! i could care less about Home and other stuff, I just want my AC to work.

+ bombs on November 19th, 2007 at 3:18 pm said:

in game xmb jesus

+ scorpio on November 19th, 2007 at 3:28 pm said:

Bring on the bug fixes….Though my PS3 is running fine on 2.0.. :)

BTW – getting Uncharted tomorrow..woohoo

+ Gregero on November 19th, 2007 at 3:34 pm said:

@Kedaro,

You know, man… I couldn’t have said it better. Not much more to say about it though huh? I guess if I wait for tomorrow I’ll have more to say lol. We want what we want and we’re not getting it :( I too have the in-game XMB and in-game soundtracks as my number one wants for the PS3. Time will only tell.

+ vampirestate on November 19th, 2007 at 3:55 pm said:

I have to confirm the issue described in comment 153 by puppydg68.
Since FW 2.00 DNLA-functionality is corrupt.
Streamed files won’t play to end.

I hope Sony’s already tracing that and will fix it with 2.01

Just got to love my PS3 not just for gaming but for being my real media center – streaming every content stored on my PC over WLAN right to my TV and Audio-System.

I really hope i do not have to return to analog audio/video transmitter after those great months I got used in PS3 being fully DNLA compatible.

+ GrimReaper987 on November 19th, 2007 at 4:12 pm said:

when is it gonna be released?

+ blizzard182 on November 19th, 2007 at 4:21 pm said:

@vampirestate

It depends on which media server you are using.

I use tversity and they just upgraded the software to support 2.0. There was that problem but now its fixed and you can also rewind and fastforward while you are streaming.

+ aswd on November 19th, 2007 at 4:34 pm said:

very nice gift for the First Birthday..no update Add And no Comment

just keep your games And ps3 in the Recycle Bin and wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait

Thanks Sony

+ Rotastico on November 19th, 2007 at 4:47 pm said:

Hopefully(yet unlikely), you’ll focus in a matter most of these upset gamers are ranting about. I don’t even need to state what those matters are since they practically flood this place. Either way, the more ya give us the better! With all the power of the PS3 you’d think it woulda groin shotted the other brand’s systems by now…

+ azazel1973 on November 19th, 2007 at 7:45 pm said:

why cant we change background colors for the ps3 like we can on the psp. under our themes option

+ Deathsknight on November 19th, 2007 at 7:59 pm said:

its out but theres no details on what it does.

+ tretle on November 19th, 2007 at 8:04 pm said:

7%complete :D :P hopefully there might be something small to play with and not just bugfixes

+ iNagib on November 19th, 2007 at 8:05 pm said:

I am updating as well.

*Crosses fingers*

Maybe birthday surprise?

+ tretle on November 19th, 2007 at 8:06 pm said:

@344 you finished downloading yet?

+ iNagib on November 19th, 2007 at 8:09 pm said:

Just updated, nothing striking so far…

+ Deathsknight on November 19th, 2007 at 8:12 pm said:

@ 347 yeah i finished awhile ago.

+ tretle on November 19th, 2007 at 8:12 pm said:

prob just a bugfix…. wasnt expecting much from a 2.01 release anyways..At least they are .quick for fixing the bugs.. hopefully we wont have to wait much longer for the features we actually need.. and what ever happened to the home open beta that was supposed to happen this month..

+ TTP on November 19th, 2007 at 8:18 pm said:

So, where are the “more specifics”?

+ tretle on November 19th, 2007 at 8:30 pm said:

I cant see any differences looks like its just a bugfix release like they said…

+ tretle on November 19th, 2007 at 8:48 pm said:

but just found some speculation surrounding home being released 29th of November …

+ Garcia5 on November 19th, 2007 at 9:07 pm said:

v2.01 is out now im downloading it right now

+ tretle on November 19th, 2007 at 9:18 pm said:

@354 read the last posts before making an announcement

+ Garcia5 on November 19th, 2007 at 9:23 pm said:

haha yea comment 355 i saw dat after well dis update 2.00 and 2.01 pretty much sucked does anyone no wen the next ones coming

+ RetroGravy on November 19th, 2007 at 9:50 pm said:

Hey Sony,

Thanks for listening and keeping us in the loop. I can’t put into words the feeling I had the time I was fighting the last boss in R&C:ToD, when the display froze. What really got me was that the audio was still playing (like a slap in the face)!

Looking forward to using the infobar without fear!

-RG

+ aswd on November 20th, 2007 at 3:41 am said:

yeeeeeeeeeeees thank you Sony

+ Zinacef on November 20th, 2007 at 9:48 am said:

What the heck does “improve the stability of the Playstation 3″ mean?! I never knew that it was unstable in the first place!

+ Danger-x on November 23rd, 2007 at 4:36 pm said:

XMB XMB MUSIC FOR OUR PS3 GAMES OR ALL AND BEING ABLE TO CHAT WHILE PLAYING ANY ONLINE GAME WITHOUT HAVING TO LEAVE A MATCH!!! BUT DEFINITELY XMB FOR OUR MUSIC BUT TO BE ABLE LET MY FRIENDS HEAR MY MUSIC!..PLEASE SONY!..THIS WOULD BE THE COOLEST GIFT FOR CHRISTMAS FOR ALL US PS3 FANS!

PAGE 1 5 6 7