God of War

Nov 19

Nov 19

Firmware Update (v2.01)

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, PlayStation Network

The latest System Software Update is now ready for download for the PLAYSTATION 3. Here are the details of what this firmware accomplishes:

• Stability during playing some PLAYSTATION 3 format software has been improved.

• Stability of System Software including Internet Browser and Information Board has been improved.

• Stability of the upscaler for PlayStation 2 format software has been improved. (Playability of PlayStation 2 depends on model)

• [Remote Start] feature is changed to avoid unintended power on.

As always, we’re continually evaluating and improving your PLAYSTATION 3 experience. We will continue to share similar updates like this on the blog, so keep an eye out. Thanks for your ongoing feedback!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 9

chase said:

November 19th, 10:11 pm

good update

darkwonders said:

November 19th, 10:11 pm

just installed it. No idea what it really does to help, but glad for another update.

MCC1701 said:

November 19th, 10:13 pm

Going to install it now

CoeusTitan said:

November 19th, 10:14 pm

I would think that Eric would grace us with the knowledge of WHICH GAMES’ stability is/are increased.

Also, considering this is a stability / bug fix…I would appreciate it if a list of what bugs specifically in which titles this rectifies.

Please divulge specific information, Eric.

We gamers are not stupid and we can handle the tech talk.

– Thanks

iNagib said:

November 19th, 10:16 pm

I see, so that’s what this update is all about.

Thanks, keep it up Sony!

EViD said:

November 19th, 10:17 pm

keep up the good work

gibbonbrigade said:

November 19th, 10:20 pm

I hope this fixes at least something with assassins creed, that game is locking up on me every other hour it seems

DaveTheStalker said:

November 19th, 10:22 pm

It would have been great if we could have gotten “personal in-game jukebox” functionality and all. You know, as part of the whole “Birthday Celebration” thing. Especially, when this feature was tossed to us to gnaw on back in August.

You’re welcome for our money.

xplosneer said:

November 19th, 10:22 pm

Thanks for the post. Strangely I did not have any problems with 2.0 like many reported. Nice to those people though.

Kamahl said:

November 19th, 10:23 pm

i don’t have problems but still good for those who have some.

MOBST3R said:

November 19th, 10:24 pm

Please give us in game music thats the number one reason my friends want the 360 for christmas but I tell them its coming but when!!!!!!

Draicus said:

November 19th, 10:26 pm

Can we get any word on which games have improved stability?

Jarnzie said:

November 19th, 10:27 pm

Thanks Sony for the update. Didn’t have any issues with 2.00 but it’s nice to get regular updates.

Aaron said:

November 19th, 10:30 pm

Awesome Thanks for the update! I like many of the commenter’s did not have any problems with 2.0 but I am glad for the update anyway :)

CoeusTitan said:

November 19th, 10:31 pm

You know, I’m actually getting pretty tired of how vague most of Eric’s statements are regarding fixes.

The first step towards fixing a problem is recognizing that you have problems yourself (or with your product, in his case).

So please, Eric, tell me (us) which issues this addresses and in which games.

Also, what stability issues in the browser are being fixed? I’ve never had any problems with the browser, yet I would like to have known of the potential for instability, so I would be aware already and prepared if an error did occur with my browser and I wouldn’t end up claiming that you left us in the dark.

Ever heard of doing things pre-emptively, Eric?

Ever heard of giving people the full scoop on something, inside and out, BEFORE it all goes to hell in a handbasket?

Ever hear of being humble and letting people know that their PS3 isn’t perfect and that these are the things you need to watch out for?

It would keep people from buying your systems, you say?

No…not really…people would appreciate the upfront honesty and pre-emptive attempt to put us in the know.

We’re knowledge sponges.

We want to know what you know.

As far as firmware and system function goes…you’re our window into the Sony world, and that window’s pretty tiny…doesn’t allow much light through.

Please consider my words, Eric. Be nice and specific and upfront (before the updates are released) and the people will LOVE you! You won’t get nearly as many questions, and you wont have 794326473926598436895324 comments, most of which are negative, to read through!

Sounds better, don’t it, eh?

EVILEMPIRE951 said:

November 19th, 10:31 pm

Good update i was having problem with remotewakeup always turning on my ps3 ;-/ u guys work so fast on these u updates and i thank you for evrything :-0

joeymp said:

November 19th, 10:32 pm

Is Assassin’s Creed one of these games? Does the Information Board not slow down everything anymore? And Thank you soooooooo much for the Remote Start unintended power on!!!!!!!!!! :)

Garcia5 said:

November 19th, 10:34 pm

does anyone noo wen the next update is coming

(PS3 user name)Online ID:Garcia5

IN GAME XMB

KnaveX said:

November 19th, 10:36 pm

Thank you!

CoeusTitan said:

November 19th, 10:37 pm

That information board is a waste of time. Now, if I could somehow have it stream news from http://www.n4g.com ….. then I would use it all the time.

Pegleg Joe said:

November 19th, 10:39 pm

Wow people are mean. Just wanted to let you know it didn’t fix my 60 GB PS3 not being able to play .MP4’s since the 2.00 update. Not that you said it would, just FYI.

MOBST3R said:

November 19th, 10:41 pm

IN GAME XMB
IN GAME XMB
IN GAME XMB
IN GAME XMB
WHAT are you waiting on, Christmas?

backbreaker65 said:

November 19th, 10:42 pm

Lets see, my uncharted experience before the 2.01 firmware update, I exchanged the blu ray disc for uncharted 6 times because it always froze on the boat. After the 2.01 firmware update it now freezes repeatedly on the opening fmv on the sir francis drake quote. Eric, I’ve contacted your customer service and they haven’t a clue about what to do.

You see all my other games work great even Assasin creed. Gamestop doesn’t do refunds and at this point I want my money back becuase I can’t play this game at all. I have a 60 gig launch system and yes I both the media center and info bar disabled. I’ve had uncharted since friday of last week and this is some bs

vant6 said:

November 19th, 10:44 pm

GREAT!!! I can now watch video without my tv being on through remote play.. But I can’t start my PS3 remotely through an internet connection. Only directly to my ps3. and yes I checked the box that allows connection through internet

ThaBalla1148 said:

November 19th, 10:44 pm

Why isn’t the Information Board issue being addressed yet?

KazeEternal said:

November 19th, 10:46 pm

Excellent now if we can get something to fix the stream video over UPnP working again that would be great. (Winamp remote User)

PlayStation Firmware v2.01 at Latino Gamers.net said:

November 19th, 10:48 pm

[…] Fuente: PlayStation Blog […]

CoeusTitan said:

November 19th, 10:51 pm

sounds like your PS3 is kaput, backbreaker….

I have a 60GB from may of 07, and it works fine for me.

Assassin’s creed did freeze on me though. Only once, but that was enough for me. A game shouldn’t freeze on you anyways. It’s a violation of the Guarantee in the back of the instruction manual anyways.

You know…the one that says…

“[developer or publisher’s name here] guarantees that this product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship…”

Well…apparently when a game freezes on multiple consoles…that is something I would deem as a violation of the software guarantee, and should be honored and or dealt with by said developer / publisher.

And if replacement copies fail as well, this just goes to prove that the problem lies in the software end, and that we all should be compensated for wasting our time and money on a product that is buggier than Virginia in August.

Stoffinator said:

November 19th, 10:53 pm

You idiots shut up about in game XMB.

XIMER said:

November 19th, 10:55 pm

THANX FOR TEH UPDATE!!!

purple6haz said:

November 19th, 10:55 pm

Good update. We need audio access from the hdmi AND optical cables. FYI

foolio_67 said:

November 19th, 10:55 pm

Who doesn’t love stability?

CoeusTitan said:

November 19th, 10:55 pm

Oh and for god’s sake will you please stop with the repeat IN GAME XMB posts?

You’re speaking to Eric Lempel, a powerful man and a mature man who will not listen to immature tantrums, I can guarantee that.

I can picture you flailing about, screaming IN GAME XMB!! and running around with a razor threating to cut yourself if they don’t do something about it on your timetable.

Gusax said:

November 19th, 10:57 pm

My wishlist:
– Make the dvd region free or at least region adapting so that an american ps3 can lock onto european R2 dvds. I have imported my ps3 to europe and I would very much like to use it as a dvd player but I own only region 2 dvds.
– Enable 576i/p 50Hz as an option on american ps3s (along with region free dvd)
– Options to adjust display gamma (especially for blu ray-/dvd-movies since the current picture is very dark)
– Support for divx/xvid
– Support for the avi and .mkv file formats
– And please add an option to save more than one internet connection! The Ps3 is a real hassle to move from one place to another since you have to manually switch wireless networks and type in the password again. The best way would of course be if one could save any number of networks and passwords, and then the ps3 would automatically try to connect to each wireless network until it found one that was active. Or do it like the Wii, where you have three networks that you can easily switch between without having to type in the password every time.

rexor0717 said:

November 19th, 10:58 pm

What about ingame xmb? thats all that i want now.

-Jad- said:

November 19th, 10:58 pm

Well, hope this update fix the constantly drop on the PSN …. 17%

airik said:

November 19th, 10:59 pm

This fixed the problem streaming VOBs larger than 2GB where the video would stop midway, and also fixed the audio problem when streaming VOBs with a 5.1 dolby audio track to the PSP via remote play! The most important things I needed. Great update!

backbreaker65 said:

November 19th, 10:59 pm

@ 32 coeus titan, I don’t think my ps3 is caput, becuase all my other games work flawlessly

Lp47 said:

November 19th, 11:00 pm

I havent had any problems with the new 2.00 update, but if this fixes some prblems i might get and problems people have already experienced, than for that reason this is a good update. Yes MOBster we all want In-game XMB, (im dying for it) but Sony already knows and is making it as we speak (i hope) lol.

Malicore said:

November 19th, 11:02 pm

Sony needs to do bigger updates and less often. I’d also like to say this One Time. In game XMB. Thanks!

fuzzysquash said:

November 19th, 11:02 pm

Thanks for the update, great work PSN team.

The ability to pull up a universal friends list during gameplay and message friends across games are the most important next steps for PSN.

airik said:

November 19th, 11:05 pm

Oh, and I can now turn the PS3 on again via remote play after it’s turned off via remote play, and FF and RW while streaming VOBs through Tveristy works great.

purple6haz said:

November 19th, 11:07 pm

@28&31
grow the f@# up. U r only annoying the people who actually want concise info and timely news regarding our systems. SCE knows we want in game XMB.

jehuti said:

November 19th, 11:09 pm

I would like to keep logged when playing PS2 games, it´s weird that you log off when playing a PS2 game but you still logged when playing a PS1 game, and yes IN GAME XMB…..

[…] PlayStation.Blog) Marc Grove Gespeichert in: […]

Firmware Update (v2.01) | Play Video Games said:

November 19th, 11:13 pm

[…] post by Eric Lempel […]

DankandSticky said:

November 19th, 11:14 pm

I agree, F Assassins creed it stalls and it is boring…uncharted is the best game ever made….wheres the PSEYE games and the games that will work with PSP somehow, and sorry everyone but you have to press them….In game XMB…thank you for everything sony……and Coeustitan—you are a huge tool.

EVILEMPIRE951 said:

November 19th, 11:17 pm

im still having a problem with psp turn off ps3 in remoteplay my ps3 remotely wakes up :-/ plzzzz i need help fixing this :-0 i just dl 2.01 and tested it it does the same thing

NBCraftsman said:

November 19th, 11:20 pm

Thanks for the quick stability update (&) “bug-fix”, keep up the great work.

[P.S. Please add a clock display, thanks again.]

PAGE 1 2 3 9