Minecraft PS4

Firmware Update (v2.01)

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Nov 19, 2007 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

The latest System Software Update is now ready for download for the PLAYSTATION 3. Here are the details of what this firmware accomplishes:

• Stability during playing some PLAYSTATION 3 format software has been improved.

• Stability of System Software including Internet Browser and Information Board has been improved.

• Stability of the upscaler for PlayStation 2 format software has been improved. (Playability of PlayStation 2 depends on model)

• [Remote Start] feature is changed to avoid unintended power on.

As always, we’re continually evaluating and improving your PLAYSTATION 3 experience. We will continue to share similar updates like this on the blog, so keep an eye out. Thanks for your ongoing feedback!

434 Comments

PAGE 1 7 8 9

+ glowgoboy on December 13th, 2007 at 5:03 am said:

I have scoured the forums on a few sites and I am hoping for an update that includes 5.1 audio with mp4 files. I have a home theater system (optical connection) that I want to fully utilize. Will the coming DivX upgrade allow me to use that fully?

+ Opee on December 13th, 2007 at 10:30 am said:

I don’t really have any comment on the current firmware. Just a comment on what would be great to see in the future.

I have small children that play with my machine and there is no way to password protect individual menu items. I’ve got a MAC set up as a media server and there is content I don’t want them to have access to, as well as the obvious system settings.

I’m excited about the prospect of DivX compatibility !!

Thanks for your time.

+ daniekor on December 13th, 2007 at 1:44 pm said:

Gran Turismo 4 for PS2 cannot be played at all after the update? Sony are you going to fix this and when? Has anyone ells seen this issue?

+ Just_4_Fun on December 16th, 2007 at 10:51 am said:

Ohh please anyone help me..i just have the same problem with Backbreaker65 there. I just updated my ps3 60GB US version to 2.01 and I just bought uncharted drake fortune. The game was totally locked up after few minutes on main menu. The machine was immediately shutted down and beeping three times along with blinking red light

Almost same thing happen to my Assassin’s Creed. It’s still playable though, but randomly the same crash as uncharted happens sometimes

Please help me Sony..I would do anything to make my ps3 run smoothly again, I never had this problem before (before my 2.01 i was using 1.90 and just almost flawless) can the problem fixed on next update..I beg of you pleasee :(

+ Just_4_Fun on December 16th, 2007 at 11:05 am said:

Oh god why sony must update their ps3 to troublesome 2.01 update? I just want my ps3 back to 1.90 version. It was perfect, simple and just good you know

I am waiting for my Biohazard 5 and i got problem for my uncharted and assasin’s creed

Please sony..stop making things more complicated, just make the next update like 1.90… Simple and more trouble free

I bought ps3 for having fun..not make things worse on my days
Just repair the problem on next update, promise us

Come on guys. How many of you that support me huh… I want my ps3 1.90 back
It was good, only Assassin’s Creed locked up, but nothing else right

+ Just_4_Fun on December 16th, 2007 at 11:17 am said:

By the way anyone..
Now my ps3 is troublesome 2.01. Can I actually reverse my ps3 version to 1.90 if i still keep my 1.90 update file?

Tell me how i got back to my past. if only I were Prince of Persia with my Dagger of Time.. I will undo my update. I swear it

+ Gregero on December 16th, 2007 at 11:45 am said:

damn wtf did this last update do? Really messed some people up badly. My PS3 doesn’t turn off after quitting remote play since 2.01. Sony owes us big time (and Dylan owes us for Warhawk problems.)

+ Spaded21 on December 16th, 2007 at 11:46 pm said:

When are we going to get new/custom avatars?

PAGE 1 7 8 9