GTAV PS4

New PLAYSTATION Eye Games Available Today

Greg Lutton's Avatar + Posted by Greg Lutton on Nov 20, 2007 // Assistant Producer, SCEA

What’s up PS3 fans? By now, you’ve probably tried EyeCreate and made some pretty impressive videos. But now you’re wondering what else is out there for the PSEye? Well, I’m pleased to let you know we’ve got 2 more cool titles coming out later today: Operation: Creature Feature and Aquatopia.

NG1_PS3_3d copy

In Operation: Creature Feature, you control tiny creatures from another dimension through the motion of your hands. Help them navigate obstacles through earth, water, fire and ice to escape from captivity. The more you save, the happier these creatures will be. They’re completely attracted to motion so watch out for other objects blocking you through the mazes. Be sure to check it out on the PS Store and download it for $4.99.

AV11

Have you ever wanted an aquarium but didn’t want the hassle of cleaning the tank? Well show off the awesome power of your HD display with Aquatopia. Now, using your PS3 combined with the PSEye, you can have a virtual tank with both salt and freshwater fish. It’s virtual, so mix and match all you want. Remember when they said don’t tap on the glass? Well, feel free to with this tank. The action your PSEye captures will interact with the fish. You can even feed them by dabbing your hands in the top of the water. Get it from the PS Store for $1.99

That’s it for now. Hope you like the new projects coming out for the PSEye on PS3. Be sure to check back as more will be on the way in the coming months.

Enjoy!

103 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ CitizenInsane27 on November 20th, 2007 at 11:48 am said:

Is that it for the PSN update today? I hope not. I was really wishing for a DL title, or some more themes, or something. We wanted the PSeye games, which I am grateful for, because I own one (thank you EOJ) but if thats it for the update…kind of lame.

+ davivman on November 20th, 2007 at 11:49 am said:

I like the idea of the fish tank. Between this and the post a few days ago with the hand drawn tanks, I might acutally buy a PSEye

+ ghamdikh1 on November 20th, 2007 at 11:50 am said:

great games thinks sony .

+ Zampano on November 20th, 2007 at 11:54 am said:

I don’t have an Eye yet, but I really like the idea of the virtual fish tank. Will Aquatopia work without the eye? I know the fish won’t ‘react’ to your movements without it, but will they still swim around and look good?

+ CitizenInsane27 on November 20th, 2007 at 11:54 am said:

I should clarify that by DL title, I meant like PAIN! or HVB. These are cool, and I will definitely get them, but some demos or something of substance, even though you are doing this update early.

+ Chromax on November 20th, 2007 at 11:55 am said:

Nice, I’ll get both!

+ chasegamez on November 20th, 2007 at 11:59 am said:

any game 4.99 or less for ps eye ill get

+ davivman on November 20th, 2007 at 12:00 pm said:

I don’t know if it would be possible to do this, but it would SWEET if you could make Aquatopia also available as a Custom interactive Theme for the XMB. I would totally use that.

+ narde15 on November 20th, 2007 at 12:01 pm said:

we need more!

+ Gregero on November 20th, 2007 at 12:04 pm said:

That’s not all for today PSN update…is it?

+ Federation on November 20th, 2007 at 12:05 pm said:

Like to see more!

+ MrCamo on November 20th, 2007 at 12:05 pm said:

Does the tank work without the EYE? I would like to use it as a screen saver for my TV. I do not have an EYE yet, as it does not interest me that much yet…

+ rbanke on November 20th, 2007 at 12:05 pm said:

is the eye required for the aquarium? Id like to get it just for the visual but i dont have the eye (and no plans to get one)

+ Thwip on November 20th, 2007 at 12:05 pm said:

That will be it for today guys…It’s not “PSN Thursday”…or at least thats what I call it.

Thanx for the new games!

+ zapruder on November 20th, 2007 at 12:09 pm said:

PS Store Cards please…

+ leetfoo on November 20th, 2007 at 12:11 pm said:

Any chance that any of these support 1080 output? So far none of these graphically weak eye toy apps can pull off 1080 for some reason…

+ blizzard182 on November 20th, 2007 at 12:12 pm said:

Nice. I assume you are talking about the US Store.

Anyway, really nice games. I love the first one and Aquatopia its a really nice idea.

Keep’em coming.

+ KnaveX on November 20th, 2007 at 12:18 pm said:

Oh my god Zampano doesn’t have an eye! How could he live all these years! And no guys, this isn’t the entire update for today.

+ xberserker on November 20th, 2007 at 12:18 pm said:

Nice finally some PS Eye games. Where is that asian one?

+ Stoffinator on November 20th, 2007 at 12:20 pm said:

Now can Sony give us away to pay for them? We don’t all use credit cards you know?

+ PSPMAN07 on November 20th, 2007 at 12:20 pm said:

To all the people asking is this it for PSN today, No it is not. The update info hasn’t been released yet. The importance is that these games are finally released in the US Store, as we other store version have these games already

+ u_nick on November 20th, 2007 at 12:25 pm said:

Woohoo! Been waiting for these, so I am excited. Hopefully Topoq wont be far behind…

+ Wrek Gar on November 20th, 2007 at 12:25 pm said:

The idea of the aquarium is nice but would it be possible to get something like that to run like a screensaver does on the PC. I mean it would be cool if it would start up after your system being idle for 5 or 10 min instead of the screen just dimming. The same goes for the other titles like flOw and Locoroco: Cocorecho. These titles would benefit from adding an “actual” screensaver option as well.

+ Mort on November 20th, 2007 at 12:26 pm said:

Guys, I picked up the Eye of Judgement yesterday on the strength of the research videos posted last week (I actually only really wanted the PSEye but I read another post that was favorable to EOJ). My wife and I played it last night and had a blast. There is quite a large learning curve, but once you get it, it’s really a very cool game. Not usually my thing, but I am enjoying it nonetheless.

This one could be a sleeper.

Sony, please find support for the Eye from third party developers. It could be an absolutely awesome peripheral if you do this. We need to have games that make full, or partial use of the Eye (small downloadable games are great – but I think we need more full retail games too).

+ Neil on November 20th, 2007 at 12:26 pm said:

It’s nice to have updates on a Tuesday.

Is there a way to get a small update on Tuesday with say trailers, themes or even a PSN demo or PS Eye game? And then on Thursday release PSN games and retail demos and such. It’ll keep me glued to the PS3 more often that’s for sure.

+ StealthyMakoto on November 20th, 2007 at 12:29 pm said:

Hmm… hopefully we got Topoq soon as well, that’s the big one I’m looking forward to.

+ blahblahbloo on November 20th, 2007 at 12:30 pm said:

@1

Almost certainly not. Grace Chen always makes those posts.

+ Zampano on November 20th, 2007 at 12:32 pm said:

@KnaveX

My mention of not having the Eye was relevant to my question. Do you enjoy randomly being a prick?

+ frito on November 20th, 2007 at 12:34 pm said:

Thanks for these Eye titles!

I’ll be getting them both when the update goes live!

I hope you guys release LOTS of stuff for the eye, so it doen’t just fade away like the eyetoy…

ALSO!

Just wondering, the 360 LIVE service has Rock Band DLC already Live on their network (Rock Band came out today)

Any chance of seeing some RockBand Day-of release DLC love on our PS3?

thning like that are really showing the differences between the 2 online services!

Cmon Sony! We gotta get the PSN together!

again, thanks for these eye games!

Have been looking forward to em!

+ njpunk24 on November 20th, 2007 at 12:35 pm said:

No eye for me, but that fish tank thing looks freakin’ awesome. Like others have said, make that a background choice. So cool! Looking forward to Grace’s post about the store update. Man, I hope they discount Puzzle Fighter…

+ Aericanwizard on November 20th, 2007 at 12:36 pm said:

Hmm… might have to check these out. I don’t have an eye (ha ha), but these games intrigue me, and I may have to pick one up. Spent all my money on Ratchet and Clank and Assassin’s Creed though… have to wait until next month.
Anyway, great job PSN guys, keep the updates coming.

+ mjolkchoklad on November 20th, 2007 at 12:37 pm said:

Operation Creature Feature and Aquatopia (Aqua Vita in Europe) has been on the european store for three weeks i think…

+ DankandSticky on November 20th, 2007 at 12:37 pm said:

TRIALS OF TOPOQ!!!! WHY NOT????

+ AwRy108 on November 20th, 2007 at 12:42 pm said:

Wow, nice prices on those PSN titles–keep it up!

+ cell989 on November 20th, 2007 at 12:44 pm said:

I really hope Sony and Third party developers fully exploit the potential of the PS eye, I mean Think about its a motion sensor, the possibilities are very promising. I for once would like to see a generic fighting game that uses the PS eye for interaction with your foe.

+ darkiewonder on November 20th, 2007 at 12:44 pm said:

aww. I don’t have the PSeye to try these out. Hopefully there are more games that are going to be out today.

P.S. I just got in the mail The Official Playstation Magazine [Originally PSM] and I like this newly revamped issue ;o

+ Malicore on November 20th, 2007 at 12:57 pm said:

I dig the aquarium. It has a nice price so I pick that one up.

+ lightweaponx on November 20th, 2007 at 12:59 pm said:

I notice you guys changed the icons on the store. I don’t like it. It looks better but now it’s harder to differentiate between things at a glance.

+ naughtyco on November 20th, 2007 at 1:10 pm said:

Could you make the aquarium available just as a screensaver, no PSEye needed?

+ AckeheceKoheo on November 20th, 2007 at 1:37 pm said:

uhm… where’s tori emaki….
^_^ thanks for what you got us though

Why the name change on the aquarium?
Aqua Vita was an awesome name

+ Neil on November 20th, 2007 at 1:39 pm said:

Also thanks for releasing these PS Eye games. I know I’m one of many that have been complaining why they weren’t in the US store. So yeah :D

+ lakaihigh on November 20th, 2007 at 1:45 pm said:

ps eye games here I come!!!

+ Seanscythe2 on November 20th, 2007 at 1:46 pm said:

This had best not be all we are getting today. After finding out Haze has been delayed till Jan 2008, we better get a demo and some nice things. BTW Uncharted it the SHIZIT!

+ reson8er on November 20th, 2007 at 1:47 pm said:

; ; I guess I’ll have to wait till next week (or even the one after to get Trials of Topaq and Tori-Emaki /sigh

+ sascha23 on November 20th, 2007 at 1:57 pm said:

$1.99 for an aquarium in HD?

Deal!

S

+ Kedaro on November 20th, 2007 at 1:57 pm said:

@ all the bickering noobs,

I don’t know… I kinda’ like the suprise Tuesday downloads, as opposed to waiting until Thursday for the regular update to the PSN, what a buncha’ whiners.

+ GordyNYC on November 20th, 2007 at 1:57 pm said:

If you don’t have Eye of Judgment then you are missing out on a great game. I’ve never played those types of card games before but bought this game based on the reviews it was getting and now I’m hooked. Not just for nerds…ok, maybe you have to be a little nerdy.

+ EViD on November 20th, 2007 at 2:00 pm said:

nice

hope this doesn’t mean no new content on Thursday

+ Kedaro on November 20th, 2007 at 2:00 pm said:

everyone should get the ps3 Eye it’s cheap, and it’s a hell of a lot of fun, even without eye of judgement, hell you can make stop motion animations, parodies, skits, paper stop motion animations, video comic strips, youtube vids, and that’s without eye of judgement, I hate card games like Magic etc, they were too confusing when I was younger, and too boring now that i’m older, but Eye of Judgement was/still is a blast and i’ve been playing it for a week straight.

+ vant6 on November 20th, 2007 at 2:04 pm said:

Will the prices on the store in Canada reflect the strength of the Canadian dollar. I’m tired of paying an extra dollar for the PSN downloads.

PAGE 1 2