PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Store for PC Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Nov 20, 2007 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Here is the initial content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

Downloadable Games
* Syphon Filter Combat Ops ($9.99)

UMD Legacy Titles
* WipeOut Pure ($14.99)
* Gangs of London ($19.99)

PS one Classics
* Spyro the Dragon ($5.99)
* Twisted Metal 2 ($5.99)
* Castlevania Symphony of the Night ($9.99)
* Hot Shots Golf 2 ($5.99)
* CoolBoarders ($5.99)
* WipEout ($5.99)
* Destruction Derby ($5.99)
* 2Xtreme ($5.99)
* Jet Moto ($5.99)
* Rally Cross ($5.99)
* Jumping Flash ($5.99)
* Medievil ($5.99)
* Crash Bandicoot ($5.99)
* Syphon Filter ($5.99)

* (2) Parappa the Rapper Wallpaper
* WipEout Pure Wallpaper

110 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ darkiewonder on November 20th, 2007 at 5:18 pm said:

That’s awesome.

will you guys be uploading the stores at the same rate as the PSN or will this one be more frequent?

+ frito on November 20th, 2007 at 5:21 pm said:

Great news for my friends with Psp’s.. I don’t have one, but the reasons to get one just keep getting better!

Cheers on this, i know it will make a lot of people happy!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at the PSBlogs!

+ zookey on November 20th, 2007 at 5:25 pm said:

Hey guys……PLEASE FIX THE STORE FOR MAC —-other than that, good job team hehe! I like the legacy UMD titles—-any chance we will get those for the PS3? I would love to have WO Pure on my PS3–although I guess WOHD will do that—-although Dead Head Fred would rule on my PS3 as well as Silent Hill Origins!

+ aeneima on November 20th, 2007 at 5:26 pm said:

please we need this service in mexico!!!!!!!!!!!

+ p-s-3 on November 20th, 2007 at 5:27 pm said:

Will the PS3 store be on P.C to??? Like to download Demos etc etc onto my Laptop and then put it on to my PS3. Then i’ll know how much Downloading(GB)i’m using a month(Via my NetMeter on my Laptop)
Good PSP site tho;)

+ Doctor What on November 20th, 2007 at 5:28 pm said:

Could we get a faster sync up between content (demos etc.) released in the US store and those released for Europeans please?

+ coolguy2000 on November 20th, 2007 at 6:07 pm said:

Mac OSX please…I am dying here…or at least my PSP is…

+ what0080 on November 20th, 2007 at 6:08 pm said:

Can I put some of the videos on my PS3 WITHOUT a PSP?

+ KnaveX on November 20th, 2007 at 6:17 pm said:

Sony, we should be able to do reverse remote play, in other words, putting your psp on the big screen through the ps3. It would be so much more convenient than throwing that cable across the room, I mean, isn’t this generation wireless. And us loyal fans who bought the first generation psp don’t have the option of video out, so please take this comment into consideration andyou will be adding yet another great feature to both the psp and the ps3.

+ blahblahbloo on November 20th, 2007 at 6:38 pm said:

Yes, Mac OS X support is a must.

+ souledgeii on November 20th, 2007 at 7:00 pm said:

when can I get traditional rpg like FF7 on psp?

+ shade420 on November 20th, 2007 at 7:16 pm said:

Where’s the GOW love! lol Be kool to see a demo or even a GOW theme

+ darkiewonder on November 20th, 2007 at 7:17 pm said:

@ Souledgeii

when Square-enix feels that they have no need to put the games on Handheld ^^

+ Stoffinator on November 20th, 2007 at 7:17 pm said:

This is such a cool idea. Great job.

+ vant6 on November 20th, 2007 at 7:29 pm said:

Cool, but why are Canadian getting screwed over with high prices. They should be the same or less than the US prices…. Or let us buy games in US currency

+ Herby on November 20th, 2007 at 7:43 pm said:

Thanks and great idea.

+ scorpio on November 20th, 2007 at 7:48 pm said:

Wicked idea….Already downloaded a bunch of things today….

Great work Sony…

+ TONX on November 20th, 2007 at 7:50 pm said:

Please update the store with the God of War: Chains of Olympus demo. I was promised one but never got it in the mail. :(

+ Gavi on November 20th, 2007 at 8:21 pm said:

This is an excellent idea for the PSP. I had heard about plans for a PC store, but this came out of left field. Nice work, hope to see lots more content, and I’d gladly pay whatever for a FF7 in the store. Get in talks with Square-Enix about the Final Fantasy series, I’ll even go out and buy a brand new PSP-Slim to play them on if you can get us all three Final Fantasies for the PSone classics.

+ XIMER on November 20th, 2007 at 8:29 pm said:

I want:
Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
ASAP

+ michael_djn on November 20th, 2007 at 8:39 pm said:

When are we finally going to get a Final Fantasy VII download?!

+ TONX on November 20th, 2007 at 9:03 pm said:

Awesome the PlayStation Store is finally up.

Just 3 things though.

1. Movies/Music – When are we able to download Full HD movies and music for PS3/PSP?

2. More PSOne games. Dont get undercutted by the competition. Release more games.

3. Why don’t you announce the Blu-Ray movies coming out this week on the blog?

Superbad is coming and i would imagine you would want people to know that its coming out on Blu-ray.

+ C-h-a-o-s on November 20th, 2007 at 9:06 pm said:

All I can say is woohoo! My PSP thanks you, my wallet does not.

+ Snap on November 20th, 2007 at 9:18 pm said:

Would love to see more PSOne classics. Final Fantasy titles if at all possible, I can understand the issue of it having multiple discs being a problem. Perhaps we could get FF Chronicles (Chrono Trigger!) and Legend of Mana.

Alundra, Grandia (Oh please, oh please), Vagrant Story, Metal Gear Solid, Dragon Warrir VII, Dino Crisis, Suikoden, and countless other excellent games.

Really glad to see this is finally out. Thank you!

+ D_A_K on November 20th, 2007 at 9:26 pm said:

Final fantasy VII would be awesome, and metal gear solid would be absolutely amazing.

And yes, the store working on something other than windows would be peachy too =/ Why the proprietary [DELETED], why not just let us download the files directly? I’m sure they’re account locked just like the ps3 downloads so it’s not like they can be shared (in the case of paid downloads — games), videos are available anywhere else anyways, so why not just let us download the files instead of locking it to windows and screwing the rest of the market? Or at least make it available on the PSN and make it a shared store? (which is what I thought it was when I read it).

But hey, beggars can’t be choosers. At least it’s up, I’m sure/hoping it’ll get sorted out for other OSes as well and the issues will be resolved. A good start at least.

+ foolio_67 on November 20th, 2007 at 9:47 pm said:

Looks great! I’m looking forward to some new themes :)

+ Bender Rodriguez on November 20th, 2007 at 9:52 pm said:

I was under the impression that the site was also going to allow you access the PS3 store through your PC for PS3 owners. This doesn’t pertain to me then since I have no plans to get a PSP.

+ flunkie44 on November 20th, 2007 at 10:13 pm said:

Looks great. I can’t wait ’til the option becomes available to download directly to the PSP. This is a great day for the PSP. My only gripe with this service is that it doesn’t support PayPal! I’d love to see PayPal payment added as an option.

+ coalman987 on November 20th, 2007 at 10:22 pm said:

awesome, next step get those playstation cards out in the u.s. i really don’t want to use a credit card, redeemable cards are just so much easier to work with!

+ ToneBoneLR on November 20th, 2007 at 10:28 pm said:

Thanx 4 tha PSeye games!!!

+ Snap on November 20th, 2007 at 10:47 pm said:

Having a hard time downloading and installing the SOCOM demo… Tried twice now with no luck. I’d love to buy some PSOne games but I’m a little leary at this point.

Anyone else having trouble?

+ jaydogg691 on November 21st, 2007 at 12:35 am said:

I have been checking out the PS Store on PC and have been downloading lots of content. The only thing that bothers me is that videos don’t play at 480×272. I would really like to see high quality videos on PSP to take advantage of it’s beautiful screen. Anyways, I’m looking forward to new content on the Store.

P.S. When will the PS Store be available for the PSP?

+ Penta on November 21st, 2007 at 1:36 am said:

Hello, I am a PS3 owner from Spain, and I must say that I am very happy with the store. I have tried other stores, and I do find the PS3 store very complete.

But I must say that I as a Spanish user I am not happy with the prices you apply at Europe. I really do feel cheated sometimes. First, in Europe the Playstation 3 is dearer than anywhere else in the world: I paid 499€ with the price cut. That is 740$, when in the United States you can buy a Playstation 3 for 399$.

When I bought it, I was assuming that I was paying nearly double than in the U.S.A., I don’t understand why Sony doesn’t try to equal the prices, but I paid it anyway..

But then, I see that in the United States stores, the games that are 4,99$, come out in the European Store at the price of 4,99€. Sony should know that 4,99$ is 3,37€. With the store there is no distribution, they just upload the game so people download it, so I don’t understand either why they rip off more than 1€ to European users, instead of equaling prices.

Here at Europe and particulary in Spain, it looks like that Sony doesn’t really care too much for their clients. The PS3 arrived here after the world. We just got the 60Gb shoved in our noses, to then take it off our hands to shove us in the 40Gb version. We receive the new releases the last. And then we get ripped off with our European Store, which I do like, but as with the Blueray releases, we also receive new things on the store the last of all, and paying more than the rest of the world!

Sony, what’s wrong with Europe? Were always last, we pay more… I really do like the store, but I don’t like to feel ripped off.

+ Finalsquall on November 21st, 2007 at 2:48 am said:

Sweet update, Brought EBG2 :D

+ Sashy on November 21st, 2007 at 3:20 am said:

Well, I am really happy that you guys put the PSS on the PC, but why does it happen again? Those movies, demos etc doesnt exist in the european PSS on PC.

Damit, give us SOCOM Tactical Strike Demo here in europe! :D

+ Akio on November 21st, 2007 at 4:09 am said:

yAY

+ lagerblad on November 21st, 2007 at 4:23 am said:

Why is the PC-version so much nicer than the ps3 version?

+ blizzard182 on November 21st, 2007 at 4:43 am said:

People stop complaining about the Stores.

Enter the other one and buy it there. I don’t even have a Store since I live in Latin America.

We didn’t even have a launch date. I paid over 1000 us dollars for it. So what? You don’t see me complaining.

Things cost different in each country. Don’t think that there are no legal things or taxes behind all of the stores.

For some reason they don’t store them together.

+ ghamdikh1 on November 21st, 2007 at 4:46 am said:

PlayStation Store in your house I hop they add the ability to download:
1-PS3 Themes.
2-PS3 Demos.
3- PS3 Downloadable Games.

+ MikeVick7 on November 21st, 2007 at 6:45 am said:

Concerning updates, the best feature ever would be to set BLURAY stills (paused shots from any blu-ray movie) as wallpaper. I don’t know how many times PER blu-ray movie I’ve dreamed of this feature. I think you can do this with DVD and Windows Vista, so why not blu-ray and the PS3?

+ jehuti on November 21st, 2007 at 6:45 am said:

I was wondering when will you bring the Playstation Network Card, i want to download all that paid operations for my PS3 and now for my PSP, thanks

+ milhavoc on November 21st, 2007 at 8:52 am said:

KLONOA FOR PSP/PS1

+ MrDaBucket on November 21st, 2007 at 9:05 am said:

I hope the Wipeout: Pulse demo that’s on the EU store comes to the North American store.
It’s the least SCEA could do for us, seeing as the game is delayed in the US….

+ Andronix on November 21st, 2007 at 9:51 am said:

The site looks good and is exactly what the PSP needed. GRACE CHEN /PlayStation Blog people, can you tell us if there are any plans to expand the store to list the available PlayStation 3 content?

It would be really good if people, even non-PS3 owners, could see all the stuff that is available.

Will it be possible to integrate PS3 user name, and friend’s list, rankings etc, to the site, so we can see all our friends, rankings etc, and see which of our friend’s are playing online, and message them?

good launch!

thanks!

+ zer0ne on November 21st, 2007 at 10:09 am said:

nice, going to download the KZ2 and MGS4 trailers for sure.. i did my own encoding of those vids but i’ll see if these ones look better…

oh, and please do an encode of the FFXIII trailer too!

+ Conch_Bubby on November 21st, 2007 at 10:38 am said:

When is the Mac version coming out?
Why is the Microsoft base OS given first preference?

+ LugeZ on November 21st, 2007 at 10:41 am said:

I thing i wish is that the videos would take advantage of the PSPs resolution. All the videos i downloaded were 320×240. It would be nice to have the high res versions of the videos like the PS3 store has the SD , HD, and full HD versions of the videos. Great job on the site by the way, it caught me by surprise. Thanks

+ vandam on November 21st, 2007 at 11:46 am said:

About lame!!! PC get’s support for PSP and the PS3 get’s none. Where’s the PSP demo’s on the PS3 store????

+ darkiewonder on November 21st, 2007 at 11:49 am said:

@ Vandam:

why would you want psp demos on the ps3 when it’s going to be out of the PC?

+ vandam on November 21st, 2007 at 11:57 am said: