PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Store for PC Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Nov 20, 2007 // Director, PlayStation Store

Here is the initial content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

Downloadable Games
* Syphon Filter Combat Ops ($9.99)

UMD Legacy Titles
* WipeOut Pure ($14.99)
* Gangs of London ($19.99)

PS one Classics
* Spyro the Dragon ($5.99)
* Twisted Metal 2 ($5.99)
* Castlevania Symphony of the Night ($9.99)
* Hot Shots Golf 2 ($5.99)
* CoolBoarders ($5.99)
* WipEout ($5.99)
* Destruction Derby ($5.99)
* 2Xtreme ($5.99)
* Jet Moto ($5.99)
* Rally Cross ($5.99)
* Jumping Flash ($5.99)
* Medievil ($5.99)
* Crash Bandicoot ($5.99)
* Syphon Filter ($5.99)

* (2) Syphon Filter Logan’s Shadow Wallpaper
* (2) SOCOM Tactical Strike Wallpaper
* (2) Parappa the Rapper Wallpaper
* WipEout Pure Wallpaper

110 Comments

+ darkiewonder on November 21st, 2007 at 12:17 pm said:

Anyone not owning a pc yet manage to own psp and possibly a ps3 is just you know, find that hard to believe.

+ Riskbreaker23 on November 21st, 2007 at 12:29 pm said:

when is beats coming to the US store?
ive heard good things about it and cant wait to play it.

+ Alex1284 on November 21st, 2007 at 12:34 pm said:

The new update is sweet. When will the PS3 b able the to download full movies & games?

+ sedbri on November 21st, 2007 at 1:22 pm said:

Oh Sony, yet again you have done it all by region. US, EU and so on, each with different content. Why oh why in a global world can you not simply have one Playstation Store so that everyone can enjoy the same content. It will even you money !!

And yes there is more on the EU store.

+ Gregero on November 21st, 2007 at 1:32 pm said:

Seriously. Why must segregation occur within an online community. Bad enough that is occurs in everyday life… Why can’t we all come under one banner of men instead of many separate banners, each claiming to have something better. Only when we are all equal can we truly begin.

+ Demitriw on November 21st, 2007 at 1:55 pm said:

Mac OS X! Mac OS X! Mac OS X! Mac OS X! Mac OS X! Mac OS X!

And don’t Make it for just Tiger and Leopard…

Some People still have 10.3.9….:( Panther.

+ Valkendorm on November 21st, 2007 at 2:01 pm said:

Awesome stuff!

On a side note, I had an issue with the PSN Downloader Setup on a french WinXP. The EULA was in Japanese and everything in the dialogs were tags instead of text. Also, in the Windows registry, instead of “%1″ I had ##ID_STRING5## at the end of the command line string. So downloads wouldn’t start.

I installed it on a separate PC with an english OS and everything was fine.

+ Conch_Bubby on November 21st, 2007 at 3:31 pm said:

@darklewonder
I own both the psp and ps3 and not a PC. Believe it! For my profession and personal computing I own only Apple.

To own a PC means that I have to invest in ‘spyware’, ‘dinnerware’, virus protection this . . .

+ Trond on November 21st, 2007 at 3:49 pm said:

I have been playing Beats for 1 hour now.
Its realy good and at that price eveyone should get it.
It has lots of different themes and visualisers.
And the best part is that you can play any song thats on your Memory Stick Duo.

London Studio makes a lot of good stuff.
I hope all you in the US get it soon.

+ Gregero on November 21st, 2007 at 4:04 pm said:

Conch_Bubby,

I’m a PC guy myself, but I found your post hilarious. So true is the hassle of owning a PC. “Dinnerware” ah that was hilarious. I have my linux box running now, so next I’m going for a Mac.

+ Lp47 on November 21st, 2007 at 5:40 pm said:

Easy to use!!! Thank you for this PSP Store, it’s just what the psp needed.

+ Razgoull on November 21st, 2007 at 6:04 pm said:

wow… UT3 IS ………GOLD!!!!!!!

+ Ultima-Bahamut on November 21st, 2007 at 6:54 pm said:

Not related to this story but…Can you guys at SCEA please start releasing media(or even CG trailers) for games earlier to build up hype. I feel a large reason why some of the games are under performing in sales is due to a lack of hype. I know that Motorstorm and Resistance both had extensive coverage long before they went on sale, and both games are big sellers(1+mil for MS, 2+mil for RFOM). Also, I don’t think it would hurt to release commercials dedicated to MGS4, even months before it goes on sale.

+ daviddoel on November 21st, 2007 at 6:59 pm said:

Why is there no support for Mac OSX?

This is ridiculous.

+ Trond on November 21st, 2007 at 9:27 pm said:

So Sony made a download system that only works on Microsoft Windows?
Hehe :)

By the way I love the menus on Beats.
And it looks like Singstar will have something similar: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/11/20/even-the-menus-are-sexy-in-singstar/

The XMB should have moving backgrounds like Beats and Singstar.
I would realy like that.

Keep up the good work.

+ bowman_snowman on November 22nd, 2007 at 2:22 am said:

OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX

…please?

+ rivithed on November 22nd, 2007 at 5:33 am said:

Yes, where is the Mac OS love? Are there any plans to work on a Mac downloader app or will this remain PC only? Any response would be much appreciated!

+ Pseudo_Ops on November 22nd, 2007 at 10:21 am said:

Great Work Sony.

Is there going to be anything available like this for the PS3 ???? Just for Demos / Trailers / Games etc ??

+ Pseudo_Ops on November 22nd, 2007 at 2:24 pm said:

Actually take the ” GREAT WORK SONY ” statement back. Once again Sony you have failed. You have a great idea and then screw it up.

WHY IS THERE SOME DIFFERENT MEDIA ON THE US SITE THAN THE UK? WE ALL SPEAK ENGLISH, AND IT RUNS ON BOTH SYSTEMS !!

+ tmax on November 22nd, 2007 at 5:18 pm said:

SONY can you please tell us when an OSX version of the download app is Coming.

THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING ????????????

+ salsaman69 on November 22nd, 2007 at 7:36 pm said:

Please add OS X access i know im not the only one so do your sales a favor and add OS X support

+ Picasso on November 23rd, 2007 at 9:55 am said:

Great Job. Now if you could only make the PS3 PSN store not so appalling to look at ….

The content is fine the layout on a SD screen blows and who picked those dreadful blues???

You can never go wrong with a black or sliver layout…

+ B1ack_Mage on November 23rd, 2007 at 1:46 pm said:

Great start sony.

And also GET THE PLAYSTATION CARDS OUT OR AT LEAST TELL US WHEN WE CAN EXPECT THEM. I’ve asked politely for months, but nobody ever responds, you’re losing out on a lot of money without the Playstation Cards in stores.

PLAYSTATION CARDS
PLAYSTATION CARDS

I hope this will bring it to your attention, thank you

+ RoAcH2285 on November 23rd, 2007 at 6:14 pm said:

HELP!!!

I chose the wrong region my mistake and now I can’t view the site because its in Japanese.How do I fix the region to the United States. PLEASE HELP! Thanks.

+ ArturNOW on November 24th, 2007 at 2:22 am said:

Is is possible to download PS3 demos from PC Store? I habe very slow connection at home and I’d rather download them at work, burn on DVD and copy to my PS3. If not is Sony planning this functionality?

+ irishplayer on November 24th, 2007 at 6:42 am said:

im loving the store.. i already downloaded spyro. However i was wondering how often PS1 titles are oing to be added to the PC store.. I’d love to see some of my favorite games up there. Such as FF7, Legend of Legaia and the Chrono Trigger released for PS1

+ mallow on November 24th, 2007 at 9:55 am said:

Anyone from SONY reading these comments? Why linux and MacOS users can`t use the PSP Store? :-(

+ msd on November 25th, 2007 at 6:37 pm said:

Sorry to go completely off-topic, but there seems to be no other place where this comment might actually be read by someone at Sony.

The Orange Box for PS3 is, according to 1Up*, looking like a complete disaster. The port is being done by EA, and is not up to the standard of the version for the XBox 360.

* http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3164539

This is really a disaster for gamers’ perception of the PS3. Although other multi-platform games have also suffered on the PS3 (Madden comes to mind), The Orange Box is probably the highest profile, considered by many to be a potential game-of-the-year.

Sony needs to do something to intervene here to make sure that this game doesn’t get released in its current state.

PS3 owners are being punished for their choice of system – I myself am wondering whether I have made the right choice. Although I am looking forward to some of the upcoming PS3-exclusives, I can’t help but wonder why I should suffer at all when the PS3 has so much power and potential. The 360 has a great deal of momentum and Sony seem to be standing idle while games are released that make a joke of the PS3.

+ Goodfella3k on November 25th, 2007 at 7:11 pm said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but how many people would like to see the PSOne game “Tomba” make its way to the PS3 Store? Sony PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

+ Garcia5 on November 25th, 2007 at 8:18 pm said:

i dont noo Tomba but they should put the old Frogger and the old Pacman on the PSstore

+ Garcia5 on November 25th, 2007 at 8:19 pm said:

not PSstore i mean PS3 Store

+ Mr.Fusion on November 26th, 2007 at 6:13 am said:

Why no Mac support? Mac users usually spend money on stuff they don’t need, like my totally awesome slim line apple keyboard for USD$ 50.00… What I’m saying is: we buy stuff!

+ deadxbabiesxinc on November 26th, 2007 at 1:35 pm said:

Is there a way for me to use the Logans shadow theme for my PS3 too? Cuz the icons are really awesome, they look very futuristic and matches with my Ghost in the Shell backgrounds! Would love to see themes work for both systems

+ btutterrow on November 27th, 2007 at 12:03 pm said:

Thank you so much for the PC store! I love it. Very user friendly, and great content for the first week. Of course, ‘give a mouse a cookie…’
WISHLIST:
1. Version of Everyday Shooter and flOw for PSP.
2. Regular PS1 game updates, especially including RPGs (Alundra, FFs, Chrono, etc)
3. PSP formatted movie releases that are relatively inexpensive (i.e. less than iTunes)
4. PSP Greatest Hits full-game downloads, like you have started, for closer to $10 if possible.

+ olivespsp on November 27th, 2007 at 12:44 pm said:

Helloooooo – Mac support please.

+ djroberts on November 27th, 2007 at 12:49 pm said:

Downloading from the store doesn’t work for me. Every things I download is an 1KB XPD file. I can’t find any support links, etc… either.

+ crystalx3d on November 27th, 2007 at 3:49 pm said:

just so y’all know, you don’t need the downloader to get free stuff like themes and videos. Trust me. I haven’t figured out how to get the demos yet though. They seem to come in some sort of .pkg archive, so maybe you need the downloader to extract them. I’m pretty sure you need the downloader for anything you have to buy due to the DRM.

+ Terminator_TX3 on November 27th, 2007 at 4:32 pm said:

I think they should have some kind of software on the Network to play PlayStation 2 games. I personally don’t have the problem but just for those who bought the 40GB version. This of course should only be accessable through the PlayStation 3.

+ crystalx3d on November 27th, 2007 at 4:52 pm said:

Then what would be the incentive for someone to pay the extra 100 bucks for the 80 or 60 gb models? The 80gb model uses software emulation to play ps2 games already. The reason sony didn’t include this in the 40gb model is because it’s 100 bucks cheaper.

+ btutterrow on November 27th, 2007 at 5:26 pm said:

@djroberts You need to download the installer program. The link is at the bottom right part of the page.

+ lovelypoopie on November 27th, 2007 at 10:11 pm said:

When I saw some of my favorite PSone games as a kid coming to the PS3 I was overjoyed. What I really want, out of all the PSone games, is Tomba! lol. I so loved that game :*)

+ drdre74 on November 28th, 2007 at 8:19 am said:

@ zookey #3 I’m with you. Will there be a Mac version? I’d like to get demos and buy games just like everyone else.

+ TheGraciousOne on November 28th, 2007 at 7:27 pm said:

I want Final Fantasy VII for the PSP. Please put that in the store, pretty please. I’ll buy that in an instant. Also, you need to update the the store with more good ps1 retro titles. Come on, homebrew and Xbox live are wayyyy ahead of you.

+ RetroGravy on November 29th, 2007 at 6:50 pm said:

Will the Playstation store for PC be updated on a consistent basis? Since the Playstation store updates usually each week on Thursday, is this something we can come to look forward to in the future? (I noticed it’s been over a week since the initial update)

Thanks!

+ AGQ0105 on December 4th, 2007 at 4:17 am said:

Is this ever going to update again?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

+ Loucifer on December 4th, 2007 at 4:56 am said:

nope

+ Ratchild on December 4th, 2007 at 2:21 pm said:

Please Pleeeeease put Spyro 1 on the european/uk playstation store soon.

+ AGQ0105 on December 4th, 2007 at 7:20 pm said: