PS4-Infamous

A Holiday Gift to All Folklore Fans!

Eric Fong's Avatar + Posted by Eric Fong on Dec 19, 2007 // Associate Producer, Santa Monica Studio

To celebrate the holiday season, I’m happy to announce that we will be releasing a free holiday-themed Folklore add-on pack this week on the PlayStation Network!

The pack will come with 2 new winter outfits for our heroes Ellen and Keats, a new quest to play with Keats called “Holy Night Visitor”, and a brand new Folk for your collection called “Grab Bag” who you have got to play to believe.

A Holiday Gift to All Folklore Fans!A Holiday Gift to All Folklore Fans!

Ellen is sure to get Mrs. Claus jealous with her sweet red snow-bunny outfit complete with the earmuffs.

A Holiday Gift to All Folklore Fans!A Holiday Gift to All Folklore Fans!

Keats will sport a slick white trench, festive beanie, and if you can believe it, a holiday sweater. (Keats is the only person that could make a reindeer sweater look good.)

A Holiday Gift to All Folklore Fans!A Holiday Gift to All Folklore Fans!

Keats will have his hands full this holiday in the new quest you can play.

A Holiday Gift to All Folklore Fans!A Holiday Gift to All Folklore Fans!

The new Folk, Grab Bag, will take his enemies down by spreading holiday cheer!

This is a thank you from the developers at Game Republic and from us at SCEA for all you Folklore supporters out there. Be on the look out for more great Folklore content in 2008.

Have a happy holiday and a great New Year!

95 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ subbed on December 19th, 2007 at 11:25 am said:

Sweet thanks for the the free stuff!! Keep it coming ;)

+ Solace on December 19th, 2007 at 11:26 am said:

“FREE”?
My other favourite four letter word beginning with “F”!

+ nmc75 on December 19th, 2007 at 11:27 am said:

cool. My friend who has Folklore will be pleased. :)

Sony- can we get GT5 Prologue demo as a freebie Christmas gift this year? It would be a nice pattern to follow from last year’s GTHD gift. Please?

+ foolio_67 on December 19th, 2007 at 11:28 am said:

Can I download this now if I don’t have the game yet?

+ Davitr0n on December 19th, 2007 at 11:28 am said:

Very cool. Free is always good, and its even better when it is adding to a great game.

+ Legendbyname on December 19th, 2007 at 11:45 am said:

Wow this was very unexpected. Free content is incredible. Merry Christmas

+ AwRy108 on December 19th, 2007 at 11:51 am said:

Free = great! Also: in-game messaging would be nice, too.

+ OrganicShadow on December 19th, 2007 at 11:51 am said:

Thanks so much for the freebie guys, especially since it’s furthering all of the goodies going around like firmware updates and game patches/expansions.

Also, a personal thanks for keeping the pack (seemingly)P.C.

That way everyone can enjoy! :)

+ wolverine81 on December 19th, 2007 at 11:51 am said:

Thanks for the free stuff!

+ PHIBALNATION on December 19th, 2007 at 11:56 am said:

Free stuff for a game no one cares about. Thanks for nothing.

+ Violater on December 19th, 2007 at 11:58 am said:

Great support for your fans share this idea with other Devs, Ninja Theory, Factor 5 I’m looking at you.

+ SonicTHP on December 19th, 2007 at 11:58 am said:

Free stuff on a game that I care about. Thanks for the awesome gift.

+ bunnyhero on December 19th, 2007 at 11:59 am said:

those are cool! i’ve been on the fence about getting folklore, but this might push me over the edge :)

for how long will these downloads be available?

+ Neil on December 19th, 2007 at 12:05 pm said:

Thanks, ‘ll definitely get this.

+ reson8er on December 19th, 2007 at 12:15 pm said:

Awesome :)

I think I speak for all folklore fans when I say, Thank you.

Keep the new content coming :D

+ illegalprelude on December 19th, 2007 at 12:18 pm said:

woa, I dont own the game but thats a very cool Xmas Gift to all. Keep it up Sony staff :)

+ frito on December 19th, 2007 at 12:22 pm said:

I don’t have the game, but I DO like that you guys are sharing some of the Xmas spirit!

thanks!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

+ Kamahl on December 19th, 2007 at 12:25 pm said:

Nice! I’m gonna download this as soon as its available.

+ BigChief on December 19th, 2007 at 12:28 pm said:

Thank you very much guys, happy holidays!

+ darkiewonder on December 19th, 2007 at 12:44 pm said:

aw. Still need to pick up this game! I like the christmas outfit! Thanks for the pack! will it be up still after the holiday season? ;o

+ AceGamer on December 19th, 2007 at 12:47 pm said:

Nice.

Now you’ve made this into a very merry Christmas. Thanks.

+ Jeigh on December 19th, 2007 at 12:47 pm said:

An update for F@H, PS3, PSP, and Warhawk, and now a free Folklore add-on!? You really do love us don’t you? (In a platonic way- don’t get any ideas. :P )

+ Rzarekta on December 19th, 2007 at 12:47 pm said:

Nice work guys, thanks.

+ juanleche on December 19th, 2007 at 12:58 pm said:

It would be even cooler if you added 1080 scaling to folklor so that we all could play this game in HD on our HDTVs

+ leetfoo on December 19th, 2007 at 1:06 pm said:

@24 juan
Indeed… I was really excited about this game until I saw that it would only run in 480p on my 1080i TV. Low-def, no thanks, not this gen.

+ nmc75 on December 19th, 2007 at 1:07 pm said:

#24, I think 720p is considered HD. Maybe your TV doesn’t do 720p?

+ banks492 on December 19th, 2007 at 1:08 pm said:

totally off topic but good info for all of you that dont have a credit card go to wiredplastic.com to get a prepaid credit card untill the pscards come out everybody is approved and i have had my card for a while now and i’m very happy with it and it gets me the things i need from the ps store the website should give you all the info you need give it a try if your like me because i dont want a credit card nor- can i get 1 lol it should be to your house in 3-5days and if your not 18 get a adult to get it for you in there name but put your money on it so good luck guys i hope i helped alot of people like i helped myself

+ El-Suave on December 19th, 2007 at 1:08 pm said:

Thanks a lot! These add ons are available in Europe since last week and they’re great. Folklore is quite awesome.

+ not-buying-incognito on December 19th, 2007 at 1:21 pm said:

SWEET !!!! NICE SONY….
Now to the real stuff……..

We really want
In GAME voice chat with any friend that is online
In GAME XMB …..
And I’d like to be able to do more while in chat
Like listen to music……..
Browse the web………….
I really don’t care about seein someones avatar
during a chat..

+ Elsa43 on December 19th, 2007 at 1:22 pm said:

I love it that devs are using the download capability of the PS3 to give out fun holiday themed freebies!!

It keeps the games fun and fresh! :)

+ gardea on December 19th, 2007 at 1:24 pm said:

Free :)

+ Joakim Hagdahl on December 19th, 2007 at 1:32 pm said:

It’s bizarre how this game be packed with so many great character designs when so few games can barely create one memorable one.

Cheers for this.

+ deadxbabiesxinc on December 19th, 2007 at 1:32 pm said:

lmao, that is freaking awesome!!!

oh btw, shut up about in-game xmb, they already said they’re working on it. Do any of you keep up with the news? Geezes, someone ban people that mention “in, game, and xmb” in any combination

Eric Fong's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 19th, 2007 at 1:48 pm said:

@bunnyhero/darkiewonder (#13/#20) – I just talked to the Store folks: once it’s up, the Folklore Christmas pack will be up for roughly a few months. So don’t worry if you can’t get to it in the next couple of weeks – but don’t expect it to be there this summer or anything.

+ The Souljourner on December 19th, 2007 at 1:51 pm said:

That’s really fantastic. I’m really happy to see development studios putting out free DLC in this era of micropayments. It’s really good for fan relations and not too bad advertisement either.

+ Carl on December 19th, 2007 at 1:52 pm said:

Thanks, you guys are the best.

This pack came out last week here in Europe, and i downloaderd it straight away. Ellen looks very cute in her new outfit, i must say :P She now rivals Nariko lol.

Thanks to everyone at Game Republic for making such a great game.

Merry Christmas to you all, and I hope Santa brings you what you want (as if he ever does lol)

+ kanyn on December 19th, 2007 at 1:57 pm said:

This is awesome! Thanks! Now if you can release a Christmas skin for Piyotama the holiday season will be complete.

+ HanSolo on December 19th, 2007 at 2:02 pm said:

amazing, this game keeps getting better and better and free is always good

+ edwardelric85 on December 19th, 2007 at 2:07 pm said:

Thank you Game Republic and Sony. If one game was worth the price of the PS3, Folklore is definitely it. Can anyone tell me if a sequel or a next installment is going to be in the series? I’m really hoping for a sequel. Such great art direction in Folklore. I hope this game sold well, I hate for this game to be unappreciated and overlooked.

+ edwardelric85 on December 19th, 2007 at 2:16 pm said:

Mr. Jeff Rubenstein, do you have any idea if a possible sequel/next installment has been considered to Folklore? Thanks.

Eric Fong's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 19th, 2007 at 2:45 pm said:

@edwardelric85 (#40) – haven’t heard anything about a sequel, but personally, I hope so too. If anything were ever to be announced, you’d read it here on the Blog.

Eric Fong's Avatar

+ Eric Fong on December 19th, 2007 at 3:08 pm said:

I believe you can download the holiday pack before purchasing the game – it should show up as an installable package file.

Eric Fong's Avatar

+ Eric Fong on December 19th, 2007 at 3:14 pm said:

leetfoo – the game definately runs at 720p. Are all your games running at 480?

I play Folklore on my 720p 121″ front projector and it looks great… wonder if there’s a way for me to post pics…

Also, if you guys aren’t playing in 5.1 audio, definately check it out – really makes a huge difference.

+ gamer812 on December 19th, 2007 at 3:15 pm said:

I really appreciate this. Happy Holidays to you as well.

+ darkiewonder on December 19th, 2007 at 3:19 pm said:

@ Jeff and Eric.

Awesome. I’ll go and install the expansion while it’s there!

Hope you guys have a wonderful Holiday!

Eric Fong's Avatar

+ Eric Fong on December 19th, 2007 at 3:33 pm said:

darkiewonder – you can download the pack now, not sure if you can install until you have the game though…

+ not-buying-incognito on December 19th, 2007 at 3:34 pm said:

@ dead babies…. sick my duck

+ Yazuka on December 19th, 2007 at 3:57 pm said:

Wow, that’s awesome. And thank you Sony for giving aways this for free.
Hope its still there when I have the game…

+ Joe on December 19th, 2007 at 4:19 pm said:

I have to say Folklore trully was a different but great game.

I want to know what is next for Game Republic will it be another new IP or may be a new version of past games.

Also will Dark Mist come out on the US PSN servers that game looks nice.

Another thing when will Toy Home come out too.

Plus thanks for the free stuff. The team at Game Republic is setting a high standard for other devs to give away free stuff every now and then.

+ meepmoopmeep on December 19th, 2007 at 4:19 pm said:

sweet! gonna dl it right now.. but i won’t install until i beat the game first

thanks sony! you rock!