Far Cry 4

wipEout Pulse December Update

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar + Posted by Daimion Pinnock on Dec 20, 2007 // Producer, SCEA

WipEout 1

Hi everyone, I thought I’d say a quick hello before the start of the Holiday Season. We’ve been pretty busy here trying to iron out a couple of gameplay issues, and making sure that we provide a fantastic game experience for all of our consumers. We really do feel that this is by far the best of the wipEout games to be released thus far on the PSP and it won’t be too long before you all get your hands on the product.

As you may have already heard, the title went gold in Europe and was released a couple of weeks ago, and the reviews so far have been very pleasing indeed. So to give you all a little bit of a taste as to what’s to come, there are some new screen shots that we’ve taken to wet your appetite. I think it’s worth mentioning that all of these images were taken using the photo mode that will be present in the released version of the game. So you’ll be able to grab some great images and share these with your mates.

In the mean time I’ll pop back on here again after the Holidays, and hopefully will have some good news about the title going gold, and will try and answer a few questions that you may have.

Until then, stay safe and Happy Holidays to you all.

WipEout 2WipEout 3WipEout 4

WipEout 5WipEout 6

36 Comments

+ Stoffinator on December 20th, 2007 at 8:03 am said:

Been waiting for this game to come out. Great to see it so soon. And Happy Holidays to all.

+ HanSolo on December 20th, 2007 at 8:10 am said:

i really want this game, why the delay?? the game in europe is in eglish…why do we have to wait??
and any news on wipeout hd?? when is that coming out on the psn???

thanks

+ Seanscythe2 on December 20th, 2007 at 8:26 am said:

Yeah where is the HD for PS3? I mean we’re not getting Home anytime soon so we better get some good PS3 games to make-up for that. Seeing as how we where promised a beta before the new year.

+ Snap on December 20th, 2007 at 8:28 am said:

Hopefully we’ll get the demo for this today…?

+ sbf717 on December 20th, 2007 at 8:35 am said:

When I click on the screens shots all I get is “This photo is private.” :(

Anyways I can’t wait for Pulse :D

+ OrganicShadow on December 20th, 2007 at 8:42 am said:

@5: Yeah, it wants me to sign into Yahoo or something.

How long ago did Yahoo buy Flickr?

+ StalkingSilence1 on December 20th, 2007 at 8:50 am said:

According to Gamestop (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=190493), wipEout Pulse will be released 2/12/08 in US. Is this just an estimate?

Also, any word on a demo coming to the US PLAYSTATION Store for PC? Many don’t want to use the workarounds to get it from the EU Store.

+ ftwrthtx on December 20th, 2007 at 8:52 am said:

Will the US ever get the demo?

+ Davitr0n on December 20th, 2007 at 9:04 am said:

I really don’t like racing games, but for some reason I have always loved the Wipeout series. This looks good, but really I can’t wait until Wipeout HD comes out for download on the PS3.

+ Loucetios on December 20th, 2007 at 9:07 am said:

Im getting the Daxter pack for Christmas and when this comes out i’ll buy it

+ Shiloa on December 20th, 2007 at 9:18 am said:

I was in town yesterday and I was so surprised to see Pulse on the shelves, I had no idea it was already released over here. If only I had known I would have had money in my hand to buy it there and then. Oh well, after Christmas present it is…

+ gardea on December 20th, 2007 at 9:48 am said:

I remember playing Wipeout on PS1 :o

Is this game multiplayer?

+ darkiewonder on December 20th, 2007 at 10:02 am said:

looks pretty freakin’ sweet for a psp game! my friend is a big fany of wipEout! So he’ll enjoy this one very much!

+ Gorvi on December 20th, 2007 at 10:30 am said:

I really can’t wait for this. Just this week I’ve started playing some WipEout Pure to get myself prepped for when Pulse comes out.

+ superchriswebsite1 on December 20th, 2007 at 10:37 am said:

Has anyone notised that with PS3 remote play u can now play PS1 discs! Check it out!

+ not-buying-incognito on December 20th, 2007 at 10:40 am said:

Thank you RAMPAGE……….
Now give me In GAME XMB………..
In GAME music……..
In GAME voice chat through XMB…………..

+ Gregero on December 20th, 2007 at 10:52 am said:

superchriswebsite1,

Yeah, man! I was in my car and I had my FF7 disc in the PS3 at home and accidentally hit the disc icon and boom! I’m playing my FF7 from the car. 3.80 has to be one of the best FWs ever released (2.10 also if it helped.)

+ B1ack_Mage on December 20th, 2007 at 11:02 am said:

I hope it comes out soon, wipeout pure is still one of my favorite PSP games.

+ zookey on December 20th, 2007 at 11:08 am said:

Keep it up guys, WipeOut RULES!

+ TwoBlack4America on December 20th, 2007 at 11:34 am said:

This is definitely one of the best games on the PSP.No doubt about it

+ CitizenInsane27 on December 20th, 2007 at 11:47 am said:

Good stuff, happy holidays!

+ C-h-a-o-s on December 20th, 2007 at 12:10 pm said:

I can’t wait to get this game when it comes out.

+ DevonTheDude on December 20th, 2007 at 12:30 pm said:

Any UMD Demo versions floating around for Wipeout Pulse? Any word on Wipeout HD or Socom Confrontation. Those two PSN games especially Socom have had general release dates for this winter and that came and went. I have not heard anything about Socom since E3 07′ / TGS 07′, is it still in production?

+ jaydogg691 on December 20th, 2007 at 12:58 pm said:

Question about online play. Will Pulse be using our PSN handles to play online like Syphon Filter Combat Ops does? It would be great if all PSP online games used PSN.

+ Loucetios on December 20th, 2007 at 2:49 pm said:

The PsStore update is really late

+ Snap on December 20th, 2007 at 4:09 pm said:

^^ I’ll echo that. Where is our PSN update for the week?

+ CitizenInsane27 on December 20th, 2007 at 4:26 pm said:

What? No US PSN update today guys??

Slackers. I mean, the UK at least got some late stuff. Like Toy Home. But come on…nothing?

+ Gregero on December 20th, 2007 at 4:28 pm said:

it’s up now.

+ Solace on December 20th, 2007 at 4:31 pm said:

@Snap / CitizenInsane27
Store update is up now. If you notice, early publishes usually mean small updates.
Considering the amount of stuff in today’s update, I’m not surprised it’s a little later than usual.

+ RoAcH2285 on December 20th, 2007 at 4:45 pm said:

Heres the update:

+ RoAcH2285 on December 20th, 2007 at 4:48 pm said:

Heres a better link:

+ romoleonard on December 20th, 2007 at 10:57 pm said:

Is there going to be a Wipeout for the PS3? Maybe for the PSN? I think Sony needs to release more HD games! I’m talking 1080! Not all these sorry 720p games! We didn’t buy the PS3 to play games in 720 otherwise we would have purchased a x360 for much cheaper and currently much more developed! Anyway, bring us WIPEOUT on PS3/PSN in HD!

+ Gunwing on December 21st, 2007 at 8:35 am said:

Great news! now all we need is a little more info on the kind of DL content we can expect and I’ll be vary happy! I love owning a PSP! Beats the heck outa my old DS lite I had a while back. I can’t beleve I bought that thing what trash it was!

But with my PSP I constantly find my self going back to it and playing my favoret games even if I already beat them. When the PSN cards arrive in the US I’ll be playing Beats, and a few other PSP DL games!

+ grimgard on December 21st, 2007 at 9:41 am said:

Thanks I downloaded this great game for my PSP from the Playstation Store for the PC and I love it! Talk about a blast from the past. The feel of gliding my racer down the track for the win is the best! Thanks for making this available Before Christmas!

+ TheGraciousOne on December 21st, 2007 at 5:17 pm said:

@ grimgard

I believe you’re referring to WipEout Pure, the downloadable game on PSN for PC. This however is an entirely new game called WipEout Pulse. Get it?

+ Danger-x on December 30th, 2007 at 1:31 pm said:

Looks cool but where is the demo?..I hope it has customize music in this game! That would be so cool..I’m also wondering where is WIPEOUT for the PS3?..If its online I’d rule at it!..Happy New Year!