PS4-Infamous

What If You Could Go To CES?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jan 04, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Shortly, I’m heading out to Vegas for the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show. While this event is huge – over 150,000 attendees – that’s only a fraction of the people who’d like to visit the booths, trying out new games and just soaking up all the tech. As I see it, my role there is to transport you – the interested, yet ticketless, PlayStation fan – inside the gates.

CES Booth

Throughout the event, we’ll be sharing new pics and video of all things Sony, from new gaming developments to amazing A/V setups to some of those new Blu-ray 1.1 movies. But if you were able to attend – what would you wanna see? Would you hunt down a demo of Metal Gear Solid 4? Would you search for new peripherals or try to get into some press conferences?

Take a look at the list of exhibitors, plot out a virtual course on the show floor, and let me know – specifically – what you wanna find out about in the comments below. I’ll do my best! Not *everything* has to stay in Vegas …

In the meantime, have a look at some set-up pics of the Sony booth. We’ll have a lot more soon!

206 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ scorpio on January 4th, 2008 at 2:05 pm said:

Cool wish I could be at a show like this…

So much work goes into setup, it’s crazy…

+ ShArPaeShOoTeR on January 4th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

I would want to see Home Beta released to public! =)

+ zookey on January 4th, 2008 at 2:10 pm said:

PLLLEEEEASE put a lot of PS3 and PSP stuff up hehe! Rock our world with some crazy cool announcement–and you can’t use SKYPE since you leaked that yourselves!

+ reson8er on January 4th, 2008 at 2:10 pm said:

I love tech and would soak in all the new gadget goodness of CES. I dont think there would be one thing I DIDN’T do! :)

I love Playstation and Sony related stuff, so I’d start there first :)

+ tirminyl on January 4th, 2008 at 2:15 pm said:

Well, I don’t know what I wouldn’t do there. I would do everything I can including conferences. Most of all, I am hoping we can get some big announcements out of the Sony camp. For this year, I am into Software Development, TV’s, and Media expanding capabilities. Future (tighter) integration between the PS3 and PSP? PS-Store redesign and expansion? Home? PSN upgrades? PS3 PVR update?

I am all years. Oh, and take lots and lots of pics. Setup looks good thus far!

+ tirminyl on January 4th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

Err, I meant to state I was all ears and not years.

+ OrganicShadow on January 4th, 2008 at 2:23 pm said:

I would want:

-To grope up a DualShock3, and request it’s name be changed to SixSense.

-To check out what all the Blu-ray 1.1 fuss is all about.

-To get some secret screening access to Killzone 2 footage. Possibly hands-on?

-Same with LBP, possibly hands-on?

-Get a free Sony LCD HDTV, just for stopping by!

-Play around with any new Eye tech you guys have going.

-Get hands-on with Wipeout HD, PixelJunk Monsters, and any third-party stuff that tickles my fancy.

+ cmargary on January 4th, 2008 at 2:26 pm said:

Yes… finally I will know more about the Skype in the PSP… I want to hear many thing about the PS3 please

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 4th, 2008 at 2:30 pm said:

@zookey (#3) – why, wherever did you hear about that ;-)

@OrganicShadow (#7) – now that’s what I’m talkin’ about! Def. going to get hands on with this stuff and share the details with you all.

+ EnigmaOppanax on January 4th, 2008 at 2:38 pm said:

Metal Gear Solid 4 all the way. That is the holy gem I am waiting on pins and needles for.

+ deadxbabiesxinc on January 4th, 2008 at 2:38 pm said:

I’d just like for it to not be overly hyped and then not deliver…remember what happend with the “fireworks” at the TGS I think it was? Yeah…that was a letdown :-\

+ Danger-x on January 4th, 2008 at 2:38 pm said:

yeah I got a hint to you people who made or created the CES and E3-shows Tell us more information over E3-
& send us demos!

+ ISEMAN on January 4th, 2008 at 2:40 pm said:

Get footage and pics of the PS3 running on the NEW SONY OLED TV’S!!!!

+ blahblahbloo on January 4th, 2008 at 2:41 pm said:

Is CES open to the public?

+ wizardpsp on January 4th, 2008 at 2:41 pm said:

Well i woul like to know new gaming Tech! like eye toy games, PS3 folding Home going beyond, and new PS3 and PSP stuff,

+ crazypenguin on January 4th, 2008 at 2:54 pm said:

LBP FTW, omg, you need to update us about how awsome it is.
also, if they have any extra stuff about HOME i’d be all ears.
same about the whole skype/psp thing. if its true and revealed i want pics of the perephrial (obviously NEEDS a mic) and if you can go actually test it out it would be awsome.
any new software things for the ps3/psp i’d be more than happy to read up about
IF kingdom hearts birth by sleep is available as a demo, PLAY IT PLEASE, i really want to know how it plays compared to the original ps2 ones.
also secret agent clank updates would be welcomed
and on a final note, the obvious, anything brand new and looks amazing should be leaked about.

+ Soong on January 4th, 2008 at 2:57 pm said:

It would be nice if you didn’t just concentrate on Sony stuff. I don’t mean loads of Wii/360 stuff but some general tech news would be good.

We won’t tell your boss.

+ WHAT on January 4th, 2008 at 2:58 pm said:

Punch soome of the MS dude in the face and be sure to get photos… Thanks in advance.

+ Loucetios on January 4th, 2008 at 3:00 pm said:

What i would like to hear from CES

-Anything Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Infamous and Metal Gear Solid 4 related(Release dates would be nice!)

-Dual Shock 3 US Release date

-Maybe what Apple will bring to the BDA?/any new supporters of the Blu Ray Format

-New Features for the Ps3/PsP

+ EViD on January 4th, 2008 at 3:03 pm said:

I would want more details about inFamous

+ Nebo on January 4th, 2008 at 3:03 pm said:

Awesome, I would go to CES without thinking for a heartbeat. Hunting down a demo of MGS4? Oh hell yes!

-Any info on games like MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, FF13

-Home and the future of the PSN as it grows

-Any info on how Sony is going to do different at all this year like more promotions or whatnot since this year should be a huge year with the exclusive titles and stuff.

+ juanleche on January 4th, 2008 at 3:09 pm said:

Congrats on the win for Blu-Ray, Warner is exclusive now!!!

I would ask folks :

a) a solution to get anaolog multi-channel audion on the ps3 for lossless PCM sound on receviers that take this instead of HDMI, could maybe use the av port?

b) give users the option to upscale all 720p games to 1080

c) give users the option to upscale all 720p games to 1080

d) give users the option to upscale all 720p games to 1080

+ Momento Mori on January 4th, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

I would love to see some coverage of MGS4, Little Big Planet, FF13 & FF13 vs. and beyond that I would like to see some of the footage on the PSN store for those of use who can’t be there. Show us a new exclusive we don’t know about yet.

+ benzboi92 on January 4th, 2008 at 3:13 pm said:

Due to my lazyness, I would like to see a video up on the PlayStation store, cataloging the whole CES event. You know, kinda like what you guys did on the E3 videos with that Press Conference video (which was greatly appreciated, by the way).

+ pr1m3_5u5p3ct on January 4th, 2008 at 3:20 pm said:

We all want free stuff, who doesn’t? I want to know just how SONY goes about creating the hardware and software that we all love so much. Who are the creative geniuses around the PS3?

+ mattyInkWell on January 4th, 2008 at 3:22 pm said:

I think you should go to a gentlemens club and enjoy yourself:) I want a full report from there!!

+ Stoffinator on January 4th, 2008 at 3:32 pm said:

I’d rather go to GDC or E3, but if I got a invite for CES I would want to see the games of course. Whatever is new, but would LOVE to see MGS4.

+ The Lost on January 4th, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

being able to do more with remote play would be sweet… if you had an update on that stuff

id love to know how mgs4 is im not sure if i believe all the hype (i do have a ps3) considering ive never played one of the games

What would be really awesome is a video of you roaming the floor and playing different games im sure sony would let you take around one of their cameras. Then post it on the store

+ tagout on January 4th, 2008 at 3:44 pm said:

We need BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS such as release dates for the long-awaited exclusive PS3 games, and future updates for it. Bundle the MSG 4 with Killzone 2 beta code! It would sell more than the one-million sales expectation!

+ tagout on January 4th, 2008 at 3:49 pm said:

2008 IS THE YEAR FOR PLAYSTATION! Regain the exclusive games you lost to RRoD machine *cough*GTA*cough>.> IMPROVE PS NETWORK! Help 3rd party developers on making the perfect multiplayer online capability on PS Network! And no more TIMID EXCLUSIVE!

+ P_tear_griffin on January 4th, 2008 at 3:50 pm said:

I’d like to see/hear:
1) The Dualshcok3-sixaxis having better motion sensors
2) more video codec support and full Dvix supprot (I’d like my PS3 to read 3vix, vp6, theora, and others)
3) of course, skype for psp
4) upscaling 720p games
5) more news on HOME and any xmb improvements that may go along with it
6) an 8GB or more memory stick pro duo?
7) any new features that are on the works for the future PSP and PS3 firmware updates?

+ Bierbeer on January 4th, 2008 at 3:51 pm said:

I hope there will be some news about Home + ingame XMB (ingame DNLA support too).

Especially about the open beta or release date of Home. I don’t mind if this news will be negative or positive but just be honest to us :)

+ Ghostm on January 4th, 2008 at 3:52 pm said:

I’d like to know the release date for the Dualshock 3/Sixaxis controller. I’m really hoping we don’t have to wait for several more months.

+ P_tear_griffin on January 4th, 2008 at 3:54 pm said:

oh, last one for me:
8) a date to open the music and movie service on the PSN

+ TheTwelve on January 4th, 2008 at 4:01 pm said:

CONGRATULATIONS, SONY!

YOU’VE WON THE CONSOLE WAR!

+ TheTwelve on January 4th, 2008 at 4:02 pm said:

Er…

FORMAT WAR!!

CONSOLE WAR IS NEXT!!!

+ C-h-a-o-s on January 4th, 2008 at 4:12 pm said:

I wouldn’t mind going just to find out about the PSP Skype thing. I know chances are it will end up being a Japan only thing, further ticking off people in North America.

+ Totobeni on January 4th, 2008 at 4:13 pm said:

congrats Sony , BDA , Warner Bros and all Blu and PS3 supporters .

i hope for more good news for Blu and PS3 at CES

Go SONY

+ lostboy85 on January 4th, 2008 at 4:14 pm said:

ok sooo…
oled tvs, Location free, Whats new in the Bravia line, how is sony representing the PS3 at CES?
thankers!

+ artofwar420 on January 4th, 2008 at 4:17 pm said:

YAYAYAYAYAYAY! This is nice. How about any announcements about in-game XMB.

+ Kamahl on January 4th, 2008 at 4:23 pm said:

- News about some games that we know pretty much nothing about but looked cool in the original trailers.

I’m Talking about:
Eight Days
The Getaway
Infamous
Little Big Planet (I know we know more about this one than the others but you get the point)
Afrika
and more i can’t remember

- DualShock 3 US release date and price

- PlayStation Network cards release date.

- Gran Turismo 5 Prologue release date and release the demo!!!

+ Globox82 on January 4th, 2008 at 4:26 pm said:

Well i am always confused when it comes to this event. But here is my question(s).
-Two years ago you guys showed at E3 GetAway 3 and 8 Days, i have been so eager to see this two games, especially 8 days. I don’t expect of you to give us names to games that will be shown but…will there some NEW game announcement, something new to show us, that is from Sony or exclusive to PS3?
-Remember i am not asking names just give me some kind of answer.
Thanks a lot.

+ etompkin on January 4th, 2008 at 4:26 pm said:

I wish you would put your press conferences on PSN as a download.

+ Clinton514 on January 4th, 2008 at 4:34 pm said:

I can’t wait until CES. Looks like my PSP will be in full use throughout 2008 ;)

oh and of course the my PS3 as well. Can’t wait to see what PSN goods may come.

+ Doctor What on January 4th, 2008 at 4:38 pm said:

Could you show us something that uses motion sensing in a meaningful fashion?

+ darkiewonder on January 4th, 2008 at 4:40 pm said:

I know this is gaming related blog.

But can you take lots of Sony Products such as TV, Cameras, Camcorders if there are any 2008 gadgets to be shown? lol Thanks.

IF i was at CES, I totally would definitely have to go run straight to the area that has LittleBigPlanet. ;3

But can you tell us or give us a guess of how big CES in terms of announcement for Sony in regards to the playstation brand. =)

+ Savage on January 4th, 2008 at 4:45 pm said:

Since Warner has gone Blu-Ray exclusive, Why don’t you go over to the Paramount booth and see if you can get them to switch to Blu-Ray again. And while you are at it, ask Microsoft to stick a Blu-Ray drive into their new machine, which is due to be announced this Sunday.

+ zookey on January 4th, 2008 at 4:52 pm said:

LOL Man Kotaku, Joystiq and a few others–they got it off of your CES website :-) So it is clear–you have to wow us with something else unnannounced that will make us do back flips–like HOME and LBP did last year!

+ cmargary on January 4th, 2008 at 4:59 pm said:

new rumor mill is that skype will be in the psp slim only… that true? :(

+ Locster60 on January 4th, 2008 at 5:05 pm said:

I would like to visit anything having to do with Sony Home for the PS3. I am very interested on the changes since last year when is the beta release etc.

PAGE 1 2 3 5