PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Resistance 2 Officially Unveiled

Greg Phillips's Avatar + Posted by Greg Phillips on Jan 22, 2008 // Producer, SCEA

As you may have seen elsewhere on the internet, Resistance 2 was officially unveiled in the latest issue of Game Informer which is on sale now. Game Informer’s website has some additional information, including a video interview with Ted Price.

resistance informer

In other news, the Insomniac Games podcast, The Full Moon Show, returned for it’s second season earlier this week. The first episode can be found here. In this episode: a new co-host revealed, an interview with a studio that recently reclaimed its independence and possibly a tidbit or two about this Resistance 2 game.

That is all. Well, for now.

103 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Stoffinator on January 22nd, 2008 at 2:40 pm said:

I can’t wait to see some video of this.

+ Danny on January 22nd, 2008 at 2:41 pm said:

Resistance 2 FTW

+ Darth Jas on January 22nd, 2008 at 2:42 pm said:

the game sounds awesome
this just might beat out halo
good work insomniac has out done themselves especially because they are very new in the first person shooter

+ Frazz on January 22nd, 2008 at 2:46 pm said:

you should bust out some news right here right now and blow the lid off this pop stand.

+ Doctor What on January 22nd, 2008 at 2:50 pm said:

They’re a great studio so I’m definitely looking forward to see how they push the game further. I enjoyed the story on the first one but the very, very ending movie did seem a bit… Well, I’m not going to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t got there yet, but I hope that they steer the new game’s plot away from the clichés that seem to be popping up in almost every game at the moment.

Give us a story that pulls us through the night Insomniac!

+ tagout on January 22nd, 2008 at 2:52 pm said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO KZ 2 killer? JK, SWEET YEAR…

+ Draicus on January 22nd, 2008 at 2:54 pm said:

Can’t wait to hear more about this. Definitely one of the top gamer on my radar for this holiday season… if not the top game.

+ tagout on January 22nd, 2008 at 2:57 pm said:

Can you guys give any hints or info regarding God of War: Chains of Olympus bundle PSP? OR MAYBE FF: VII Crisis Core bundle PSP? Please?

I AM VERY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

+ cmargary on January 22nd, 2008 at 2:57 pm said:

Insomniac ever sleep…

This game will be awsome… a shame that you needed to rush the game to sell it at launch of the ps3 but not this one… you have the gameplay… make it better… wow us…

+ frito on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:04 pm said:

THIS GAME IS GONNA ROCK!!

They have had alot of time now to work on the Cell and better learn how to push code to the SPU’s…

so I am expecting great things!!!

Can’t wait!

+ gamegenieny on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:04 pm said:

I hope this time they put more in it and don’t look to bleed us dry for extras like maps and stuff. These things do add up !!

+ p-s-3 on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:07 pm said:

Can’t wait to see it in action!!! ;-P

+ frito on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:07 pm said:

oh yeah…IT’S EXCLUSIVE!!!

cha-ching!

+ ftwrthtx on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:08 pm said:

The sequel looks awesome. I loved the story mode in the 1st one and can’t wait for the second.

+ Solace on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:08 pm said:

If $10 “bleeds you dry”, you might want to think about getting a second job.
Seriously, that’s nothing, considering they gave us a solid game to begin with.

8-player online co-op sold the new one for me.
Can’t wait.

+ zookey on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:09 pm said:

NICE!

+ OrganicShadow on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:14 pm said:

I wish it wasn’t called Resistance 2. I would rather Resistance: Rise of Man or something similar. Now we can get confused in text conversations, due to being used to saying RFOM, and now having to say R2, which could be anything. ;)

+ Daver on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:21 pm said:

cant wait for it… The first one was my favorite shooter

+ kifbox on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:23 pm said:

Will they have world-wide online play at launch or do we get to wait 7+ months afterwards for a patch?

+ SSJNeBiRoS on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:28 pm said:

I hope to see some video in GDC
—————————————————–
Espero ver algun video en la GDC

+ Kamahl on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:28 pm said:

When are the pics/videos coming? :P

+ Tropic on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:28 pm said:

Nice, this game is going to be sweet.

+ nmc75 on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:39 pm said:

Insomniac are one of the best PS3 developers. Obviously some of the hardest workers in the industry. Kudos and much well-deserved success to them.

+ Chrisrahosiris on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:39 pm said:

This game is going to be amazing

+ Globox82 on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:41 pm said:

When will we know more about Killzone 2? We know more about Resistance 2 than about KZ2 and fans all over internet forums are feeling down and not very optimistic about KZ2 after this amazing Resistance 2 announcements/informations.

+ sascha23 on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:46 pm said:

My lord! Good year for PS3.

+ Qbrain on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:46 pm said:

@ #17:

I think Resistance 2 is a working title. not (yet) the ‘real’ title, but is something good to ask Greg Phillips.

So Greg, please awnser: is Resistance 2 ‘the’ title, or a working title?

-Q

+ sascha23 on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:48 pm said:

@ Cmargary: “Insomniac ever sleep?”

Oh how that question makes me chuckle. In more ways than one.

+ KnaveX on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:48 pm said:

Killzone 2- Resistance 2> Call Of Duty 4> Haze> Halo 3>Resistance Fall Of Man…

And people say they hope this game will be better than halo…

“You can’t make games out of graphics”… KnaveX

+ KnaveX on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:52 pm said:

@Globox82

GDC my friend… GDC.

“You can’t make games out of graphics”… KnaveX

+ Loucetios on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:52 pm said:

This is a day one purchase, not bothering with reviews, Insomniac = game gods keep up the great work, love how the new chimera look, a lot more menacing than the original ones here are screens for ppl who haven’t seen http://www.gamegrep.com/showimage.php?pos=1&newsid=6834

+ Johnny Sasaki on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:56 pm said:

w00tz! Can’t wait for a trailer :D

+ KnaveX on January 22nd, 2008 at 3:57 pm said:

@loucetios
Thats frikin intimidating.

“You can’t make games out of graphics”… KnaveX

+ Makasu on January 22nd, 2008 at 4:02 pm said:

My most anticipated game of the year. Looking forward to some high res screens of the improved texture and lighning method!!

+ linton on January 22nd, 2008 at 4:42 pm said:

Damn Straight

+ Violater on January 22nd, 2008 at 4:44 pm said:

Insomniac you tease,
give us the goods.

+ moshakirby on January 22nd, 2008 at 4:44 pm said:

Hell yeah for resistance 2!
Do you only show 1st party games on the official blog? Seen nothing on Haze, suppose it’s not got a big enough budget for you guys to consider :P

Anyway, still waiting on Play TV news, I do anything for some info on that.

+ Ujio on January 22nd, 2008 at 4:47 pm said:

Looking forward to R2. I just started playing through the first one and I’m enjoying it, though it could use a bit more “scary” sequences if you ask me. The Chimera are dangerous, no doubt, but the levels where you’re alone and playing through underground bunkers and tunnels could use a little more atmosphere. The Chimera basically just attack, but there’s no sense of “threat” other than they’ll attack you. Maybe if they were a little more sneaky it would help that feeling of paranoia.

+ Jeigh on January 22nd, 2008 at 4:47 pm said:

Not particularly new information anymore, but it’s still nice to hear.

+ Darkendless on January 22nd, 2008 at 5:03 pm said:

why are the game’s graphics crappy? proof of ps3′s weak hardware

+ not-buying-incognito on January 22nd, 2008 at 5:05 pm said:

SWEET!!!!!!!!
I bought RFOM at launch with my ps3…
After waiting for 23 hours in a very cold line outside of wal-mart…
Many people said their were no games for ps3…
Non-sense RFOM kept me busy from Nov, 06 till
well into the summer of 07…
Expecting a lot from RESISTANCE 2

+ elprimodebklyn96 on January 22nd, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

awesome even hough i didnt get the first one i want to get this one.p.s i was wathing american idol and i saw a ps3 commercial AWESOME. GOOD JOB. SONY FDW(FO DA WORD)

+ not-buying-incognito on January 22nd, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

Give me IN-GAME-XMB

IN-GAME-VOICE-CHAT

AND ALSO GIVE ME PLAY-TV

+ not-buying-incognito on January 22nd, 2008 at 5:09 pm said:

@ 43…..
You are pretty much a stupid dummy… :)

+ chase on January 22nd, 2008 at 6:09 pm said:

60 PLAYER ONLINE
8 PLAYER CO-OP
SWEET

+ Danny on January 22nd, 2008 at 6:19 pm said:

hi, sony… can you hear me?

I bought a ps3 cuz of Insomniac games….. and im sure many other people did too… subsidize the SH*T out of them, they deserve it.

+ Ghostm on January 22nd, 2008 at 6:28 pm said:

Lets see where do I start?

1. This news is a bit late for the PS blog no? This info has been all around the web for awhile now.

2. Does this mean Killzone 2 will be pushed back since this title already got some major buzzz?

3. Whatever happened to Killzone 2 anyways?

4. Any chance will see Killzone 2 before Resistance 2? If not, that would be a damn shame.

+ Ghostm on January 22nd, 2008 at 6:42 pm said:

Oh yeah! How about some Dualshock 3/Sixaxis for these games that are being released? Burnout Paradise is actually out before the damn new controllers. In another few weeks will have Devil May Cry 4 without Dualshock 3/Sixaxis. This is a real shame Sony. Japan already have the controllers…why not us?

Where the hell is Home? I know it takes time to deliver a great and unique product right. So, why wasn’t these things ready a launch?
A year and few months and still no Home. What’s worse is that you guys are promoting the damn thing like its out for the public to use. I call this false advertising!!!

In-game XMB??? Hah! I guess sometimes during the next 365 days huh?

When will we get a better PS Store? That web page does not make any sense to me…

We as the consumer are giving Sony way to much credit for over promising and under delivering. I’m a huge fan of Sony products but, enough is enough.

“That was my rant for the day.”

+ Mort on January 22nd, 2008 at 6:55 pm said:

I can hardly wait! I am quivering with excitement. R2 is surely going to be one of the best shooters out there. I am simply stunned at the quality of titles that insomniac are putting out. One per year, and they are great too. Way to go guys. I will buy this on day 1.

I’m also looking forward to playing through RFOM with a dualshock 3. Thanks for adding this compatibility. You guys rock. Kudos to Sony for keeping you guys in the fold.

+ gardea on January 22nd, 2008 at 7:17 pm said: