Bloodborne

Win the Entire MTV UMD Collection

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jan 30, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Aeon Flux Box Art

Last week we posted an announcement that Sony had struck a deal with MTV to bring some of their shows over to the UMD format. Judging by the comments, the one you readers were most interested in was Aeon Flux (good call, IMO). Somewhat related: PSP Fanboy is running a drawing where they’re giving one reader all 10 of the UMD collections (skinny, death-prone brunette animation included). Effort required to enter is minimal, just get your entry in by Groundhog Day (Feb 2). Just a heads up!

+ EnigmaOppanax on January 30th, 2008 at 5:38 pm said:

Not interested, was never into MTV.

+ StalkingSilence on January 30th, 2008 at 5:45 pm said:

@1
Why wouldn’t you want something for free? How bout you enter then send the $150 worth of free UMDs to me?
I actually already entered this afternoon. Shhhh stop spreading the word. Lessens my chances.

+ EvoAnubis on January 30th, 2008 at 5:55 pm said:

Hmm. I would, but I already have the series on DVD.

+ EvoAnubis on January 30th, 2008 at 5:56 pm said:

Thanks for the heads-up though, Jeff. You one of the coolest guys to post on this blog.

+ ftwrthtx on January 30th, 2008 at 6:00 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up!

+ dabaus513 on January 30th, 2008 at 6:12 pm said:

Dear sony, please remake legend of dragoon.

+ dabaus513 on January 30th, 2008 at 6:13 pm said:

Dear sony, please remake legend of dragoon. please.

+ dabaus513 on January 30th, 2008 at 6:13 pm said:

Dear sony, please remake legend of dragoon. thanks.

+ dabaus513 on January 30th, 2008 at 6:14 pm said:

dear sony, please reamake legend of dragoon. thanks in advance.

+ dabaus513 on January 30th, 2008 at 6:15 pm said:

Dear sony, you know a legend of dragoon remake would make micrsofts lost odyssey effort look silly right?

+ dabaus513 on January 30th, 2008 at 6:15 pm said:

Dear sony, i think a legend of dragoon remake is in order.

+ foolio_67 on January 30th, 2008 at 6:16 pm said:

Thanks for telling us!

+ C-h-a-o-s on January 30th, 2008 at 6:22 pm said:

Dear Sony please disable dabaus513 from posting for a month or so, thanks in advance. :-D

Jeff, you have foiled my plan. I was hoping not many would see the contest. Giving me a better chane on winning :D.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ jrubenstein on January 31st, 2008 at 10:35 am said:

Yep, that\’ll earn you a one way ticket to Banville.

+ h4rdw0rk on January 30th, 2008 at 6:33 pm said:

Aw sucks, I can’t participate ’cause I live in Asia

+ Goodfella2487 on January 30th, 2008 at 6:39 pm said:

Debaus is a retard, but Legend of Dragoon could be an awesome remake =)

+ Heavenly_King on January 30th, 2008 at 7:05 pm said:

I´m with dabaus513 lol :-D; I also want a Legend of Dragoon Remake for PS3 or at least PSP, please SONY!!!!

Sorry for posting something not related; but I´m dieing for a remake.

+ Heavenly_King on January 30th, 2008 at 7:06 pm said:

Now talking about the topic, It would be cool to win the Aeon Flux UMD Collection.

+ Stoffinator on January 30th, 2008 at 7:08 pm said:

I would enter it, but being contest are always only for Americans I won’t bother. ;-) And I’ll just say “sorry” to anyone who wins the stuff from MTV, yes, even if its free, crap is still crap. :-)

+ Gunwing on January 30th, 2008 at 7:08 pm said:

Yeah there was only one show I liked on MTV:

The Max. Thats the only show I ever saw, and the only one I ever liked. The rest of MTV was total crap. Still need some thing to drive the UMD format back into the head lines and get it off the ground again.

If it takes some MTV crap then ok. But please at least give us the good stuff like The Max, and Ren and Stimpy! Those were great!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ jrubenstein on January 31st, 2008 at 10:37 am said:

Ah, but Ren and Stimpy on UMD has been out for some time! Huge fan, m\’self.

Not the easiest to find, but this\’ll get you started.

+ gardea on January 30th, 2008 at 7:24 pm said:

Tough crowd..:(

+ mpnjdevil on January 30th, 2008 at 7:31 pm said:

nice

+ JustEaton on January 30th, 2008 at 7:44 pm said:

When did Sony become an endorser for PSP Fanboy? Unless of course they start announcing various other PSP contest on the web, then I’m all for it.

+ artofwar420 on January 30th, 2008 at 8:33 pm said:

Don’t hate no MTV, come on, MTV WAS good, these shows were from that time in its history. Sure MTV sucks salty donkey balls now, but don’t forget, MTV was good once.

+ wolverine81 on January 30th, 2008 at 10:11 pm said:

@ Jeff

What happened to the external links on the sidebar? As well as the threespeech links? I really liked having those there. They were a great source of info. Can you guys please put them back up?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ jrubenstein on January 31st, 2008 at 10:39 am said:

The links are still there. Threespeech… that\’s another story.

+ Kamahl on January 30th, 2008 at 10:22 pm said:

awww, again can’t participate cause its US only…

+ Kxpuc27 on January 31st, 2008 at 12:49 am said:

get Undressed series on DVD, UMD, or Blu-Ray Please! for crying out loud MTV it wasn’t a flop it was on for 6 seasons

+ Zta on January 31st, 2008 at 3:48 am said:

Dear Sony, please release The Maxx on blu-ray =)

+ Kenshin001 on January 31st, 2008 at 4:45 am said:

Sony should be releasing this type of stuff as purchasable downloads on PSN. Something like Afro Samurai would be perfect. Get an exclusive deal to release episodes on PSN either before or when the game comes out.

+ davivman on January 31st, 2008 at 5:11 am said:

Thanks, I just entered the contest. After scrolling through the first 238 entries, I was shocked to find I was only the second person to pick the Tom Green Show as my favorite MTV show of all time. That show was stupid funny!

+ joel on January 31st, 2008 at 6:58 am said:

Guys bring UMD back, it was terrible at first because it only worked on psp, but now it works on TV as well.

+ JEFREGOSO on January 31st, 2008 at 7:49 am said:

NETWORK PARA MEXICO

+ EnigmaOppanax on January 31st, 2008 at 8:52 am said:

OKay…I hate to do this….

But I would also like a Legend of Dragoon remake, haha.

~sniffle~ That game brings back so many memories.

+ Feralbat on January 31st, 2008 at 8:56 am said:

Please elp me i can not find where or a link so that I can enter the drawing. Please let me know how I can enter this drawing.

+ C-h-a-o-s on January 31st, 2008 at 9:07 am said:

I suppose since this is related to UMD’s . Why wasn’t 300 ever released in North America? It was released in Japan and Europe. There is no way the Japanese like 300 more than people in North America.

+ Sora57 on January 31st, 2008 at 11:30 am said:

Ren and Stimpy were pretty funny. But Jeff, how about my question about Toy Home? Still can’t load saved game progress. Should be called Broken Toy Home.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ jrubenstein on January 31st, 2008 at 11:50 am said:

Sorry Sora, I\’m not Tech Support, so I won\’t be of much help. Try Consumer Services. Best of luck getting that squared away.

+ WHAT on January 31st, 2008 at 11:42 am said:

Even free I would not want them. Sounds like winnig that would be like someone coming to my door with a garbage bag and told me I won a years worth of taking in there trash.

+ Vassago on January 31st, 2008 at 3:34 pm said:

Thank for this Jeff, its really cool, but i dont really understand what we need to do to participate. I want to have a chance to win this nice prize :) Keep up the good work !

+ Trond on February 1st, 2008 at 5:28 am said:

Vassago:
You just have to go to:
And then:
“To enter, simply tell us what your favorite MTV show of all time is. The comment must be left before February 2nd, 5PM EST. You may enter only once.”

So just add a comment over at PSPfanboy.
And tell them what your favorite MTV show is.

+ Sora57 on February 1st, 2008 at 7:27 am said:

Thanks for the reply, Jeff. I’ll try that route again (writing to Consumer Services). Very cool that you responded.

+ sparticus on February 1st, 2008 at 8:49 am said:

The prospect of being able to take Cornholio with me anywhere is to great to ignore. I must order this…

+ ff9player on February 1st, 2008 at 11:55 am said:

i think a reamake of legend of dragoon would be a good psp game or better yet remake ff8 and ff9 ff1 and 2 were good but they would be better