PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jan 31, 2008 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

Add-on Game Content

Folklore Add-On Packs

• Folklore Add-on 5 “Nightmares”($3.99)
    This Folklore download pack includes four additional side quests, which take place during the events of the original game, plus an extra Folk to capture and an alternative costume for Keats.
    File size: 93.8 MB
  • Folklore Add-on 6 “Visions of the Tower” ($3.99)
    This Folklore download pack includes four additional side quests, which take place during the events of the original game, plus an extra Folk to capture and an alternative costume for Ellen.
    File size: 76 MB
  • Folklore Add-on Bundle 3 ($5.99)
    Get two Folklore Add-ons for one low price! This Folklore Add-on Bundle includes “Nightmares” and the “Visions of the Tower” add-ons. Each add-on includes four side quests, plus an extra Folk to capture and alternative costumes for Ellen and Keats.
    File size: 169.8 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Siva” – Smashing Pumpkins ($1.99)
  • “Working Man” – Rush ($1.99)
  • “Ten Speed (of God’s Blood…)” – Coheed and Cambria ($1.99)

File sizes: 29.4 MB – 45.8 MB

Demos

Conflict: Denied Ops Demo
Conflict: Denied Ops is a highly accessible co-op FPS featuring massive, extremely explosive firefights across destructible environments. Work as a team to utilize the specific skills of each operative and experience the ultimate in destructive satisfaction with tons of exploding objects and an endless barrage of terrorists who are begging to be blown to hell.
File size: 988 MB
ESRB Rated M

Game Videos

Battlefield: BC Haggard’s Blog (free)
Private Haggard may not be the most charismatic guy, but he sure gets to the point quickly. Catch a glimpse of his heartfelt speech to his family in which he talks about some of his, well, mishaps, from the past.
File size: 98 MB (HD)

Go! Sports Skydiving Trailer (free)
Go! Sports Skydiving is a skydiving simulator that uses the SIXAXIS wireless controller to twist, turn and pull off tricks. The easy and intuitive motion control allows you to move through the skies into various skydiving team formations or solo tricks with the greatest of ease. Supports several single player modes, including formation, team match, landing and several online battle modes.
File size: 109 MB (HD)

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers

Prince Caspian Trailer (free)
The characters of C.S. Lewis’ timeless fantasy come to life once again in this newest installment of the “Chronicles of Narnia” series, in which the Pevensie siblings are magically transported back from England to the world of Narnia, where a thrilling, perilous new adventure and an even greater test of their faith and courage awaits them.
File size: 153 MB (HD), 204 MB (1080)

Prom Night Trailer (free)
Donna’s senior prom is supposed to be the best night of her life. After surviving a horrible tragedy, she has finally moved on and is enjoying her last year of high school. Surrounded by her best friends, she should be safe from the horrors of her past. But when the night turns deadly, there is only one person who could be responsible…a man she thought was gone forever.
File size: 27 MB (SD), 99 MB (HD), 131 MB (1080)

Across the Universe Trailer
The enduring songs of The Beatles, set the tone for Across The Universe, a love story about a British boy and an American girl set against the backdrop of the social upheaval of the 1960s. The stirring music of the Fab Four will drive the narrative, with the actors singing and dancing to the classic tunes.
File size: 122 MB (HD), 156 MB (1080)

Daddy Day Camp Trailer
DADDY DAY CARE pals Charlie and Phil are back in this hilarious, all-new adventure: DADDY DAY CAMP! When the dads expand their childcare magic to Camp Driftwood – serving up sports, crafts and teaching the kids a thing or two about nature, they discover the camp has everything it needs except a plan to put the bullies of rival Camp Canola to shame.
File size: 90 MB (HD), 120 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes

PixelJunk Monsters Theme 2 (free)
Customize your PS3 system with a cool PixelJunk Monsters theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.
File size: 710 KB

PS3 Wallpaper

(2) PixelJunk Monsters Wallpaper (free)
Customize the background of your PS3 system with this new PixelJunk Monsters Wallpaper.
File sizes: 143 KB – 551 KB

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

Downloadable Games

• Neopets: Petpet Adventures – The Wand of Wishing ($15.99)

PSP Wallpaper (free)

• Neopets: Petpet Adventures – The Wand of Wishing Wallpaper

Hope you enjoy!

139 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Kedaro on January 31st, 2008 at 7:15 pm said:

Yea the update was a bit weak, but I gotta’ be honest, I’m looking forward to more/better psOne re-releases, where are they all? Japanese Store has Armored Core etc… how come we don’t have it yet?

+ CyberChrist on January 31st, 2008 at 7:24 pm said:

To all the people complaining about whiners, this is a comment section where we have the opportunity to leave feedback to Sony. I would also like to see more PS1 titles available for the US. Resident Evil 1&2 have been on Japan’s top ten downloads list for months and I don’t doubt that kind of success with NA. Fortunately, this is my only gripe with the PSN but as I have a PSP as well, I would really like to have a good PS1 library to take on the go.

+ frito on January 31st, 2008 at 7:39 pm said:

!!!

I gotta say thanks for at least one new demo!

Alot of whiners here!!! Themes on Xbox Live cost money!! And you can’t even get new demo’s unless you pay for Gold status! I know, because my Live 1 month demo is over now, lol!

PSN is FREE!! woo-hoo!

Repeat:

THIS STUFF IS FREE!!!

It is strange, however, and worth pointing out, is how different markets are getting games at different times..

Europe doesn’t have Everyday Shooter yet?!?!? That’s crazy! I love that game!

And what’s up with so many PSone games in Japan already? Is it the translation has to be totally redone or something for us to get em? You know people are freaking out for PSone games, so what’s the strategy there?

AND WHEN IS DUAL SHOCK 3 COMING OUT FOR NORTH AMERICA?!!?!?

I WANT TO RUMBLE!!!

Mmmkay I have a PREDICTION!!!!!!!!

SOON- very soon hopefully (for our more jumpy and irrational gamers- you know who you are)

We will see the PSN *transmorgrify* into a new beast!

Downloadable movies, tv shows, music, etc. etc. via SONY BMG…probably coinciding with the launch of HOME!

Cmon SONY! kick it up a notch!

***AND BRING BACK BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY BUILT IN CHIP FORM THE 60 GIG LAUNCH MODLE!!! (with a 120 gig freakin’ hard drive to store the movies and stuff!!! Otherwise the consumer is going to be screwed!!! )

LEAVE IN THE SD/MMC MEMORY CARD SLOTS YOU FOOLS!!!!

It’s to reduce production costs to increase profitability..SONY YOU ARE STEERING AWAY FROM YOUR INITIAL GOAL OF A COMPLETE HOME MEDIA CENTER!!

SOME PHONES COST MORE THAN PS3′s!!!

LEAVE THE COOL STUFF IN!!! GEEZ!!!

ok, rant over!

Peace everyone, and happy gaming!

+ TheGraciousOne on January 31st, 2008 at 7:54 pm said:

Notice how playstation blog user, goodfella2487 asked for “Good” ps1 games. The word good is key to Sony if they want success with the downloadable retro content like ps1 games. Now I havent been asking for much except Final Fantasy VII, which we will eventually get; just not now. But I have the right to ask for stuff and so dont you because like most of the PS3 early addopters, we paid $700 for the ps3 and we got a lot of bad launch titles except for Resistance & it seems that the general video game…

+ TheGraciousOne on January 31st, 2008 at 8:14 pm said:

consumer market agrees with me. Why else aren’t the PS3′s selling like hotcakes? I mean one way to tackle the business side of the digital market on PSN is to release more PS1 games to those who favor old school gaming like myself. It will give the incentive to other Playstation fans to go out and buy a PS3 alone just for that. But considering that Sony dropped the ps2 engine backwards compatibility with the never models, I think that Sony doesn’t care for that side of the business because there in favor-

+ foolio_67 on January 31st, 2008 at 8:29 pm said:

Decent update.

+ TheGraciousOne on January 31st, 2008 at 8:37 pm said:

of making the PS3 their focal point or the main entree of the day. Which right now is doing poorly in sales compared to the Xbox 360. But we as video game consumers appreciate good old ps1 games, especially ones that we haven’t gotten the chance to play & believe me when I say theres a market for that, Gametap anyone?

So my main point is release more good ps1 classics on PSN so we can enjoy them.

btw, Im typing this on my PSP. It appears that it has a word count limit and sorry for the multiple post.

+ elutej on January 31st, 2008 at 9:11 pm said:

Any ETA on N20? I want this game, Europe got it. Why can’t the U.S? I used to ingest massive amounts of psychedelics and play that game for hours..good times..

+ byrd864 on January 31st, 2008 at 9:36 pm said:

someone enlighten me and tell me why everyone wants ps1 games so much? It’s like living in the past. Personally, I want the future. I’m not saying they should not bring ps1 games to the network, but I’m not dying for it either.

And Rock Band DLC will never end. It is the music lovers game and if you like music and you dont have it then you’re missing out. It’s simple really.

Also bring flow to the PSP.
Keep bringing us the dlc for ps3 and the fw updates for ps3! Best system to date.

+ EnigmaOppanax on January 31st, 2008 at 9:40 pm said:

Nope, nothing I want this week too…

+ TheGraciousOne on January 31st, 2008 at 10:11 pm said:

at byrd864. I take it you dont play boardgames like Scrabble or Monopoly that much?

+ west coast ps3 on January 31st, 2008 at 10:27 pm said:

Today’s update was good. I appreciated the new trailers, nice to see they were all at 1080P.

I am finding that I use the backwards compatibility on the PS3 less and less each day. Maybe once a week now.

Keep the rock band songs coming, and if you lower the price I might buy a few. (For now I am enjoying the in-game content, but it is nice to have the option of adding on).

+ Bender Rodriguez on January 31st, 2008 at 10:41 pm said:

There needs to be more third party PS1 games up on the store if you guys do add anymore. Maybe a Final Fantasy or a Resident Evil. Possibly Silent Hill. I never was a fan of hardly any Sony first party PS1 stuff.

+ cmargary on February 1st, 2008 at 4:06 am said:

@Bender Rodriguez

The resident evil game will be awesome… FF7 well…. I heard they will do a remake of the game soon so.. maybe that… anyway, isn’t resident evil in the japanese store?

+ davivman on February 1st, 2008 at 5:10 am said:

Jeff, Can I please have an answer on my previous question (comment 47)?

+ Turboblog on February 1st, 2008 at 5:22 am said:

mh… nice update, but nothing for me.. i waiting for “crash bandicoot 3 – warped” to coming out.

+ Juben on February 1st, 2008 at 6:18 am said:

@101 AC in JP vs US in sales would clearly state why they probably did not sell it here some of stuff yall ask for do.

@cmargary for the millionth time no FF7 SE has to give them permission for that and last time I checked most of FF7 fan bois are waiting for remake so you can follow them or you can email Square not Sony let me repeat “NOT Sony” for FF7.
change square to capcom for your resident evil/biohazard hopes. Biohazard in japan runs stuff other than movie sells lol and yes cmargary they do have biohazard II i think can’t remember.

Lets get the other countries out the way mexico = meh and canada ask for your own blog. Or either just spam emails to sony asking why you are getting charged more I figure you guys have to go through a VAT on digital goods or something. Look it up. That may answer questions or I could be offbase. I remember EU and US going through the rounds of VATs.

I like the update still going to ask for the dark knight trailer. To all those that been with psn since 11/19/06 and gone through the rounds of lack of demos and just movie trailers for the week the new users should know these updates were a lot better than those updates. so be Thankful.

+ Jvstin on February 1st, 2008 at 6:28 am said:

once again, a let down for games. why not read some of our requests and give us what you give Japan? RE 1&2 and such.

+ MikeVick7 on February 1st, 2008 at 10:32 am said:

What this update should have been –

Xenogears
Suikoden
Suikoden 2
Alundra

Only worthwhile things were the Pixeljunk Monsters stuff (which btw is a great game)…

+ skater2 on February 1st, 2008 at 11:40 am said:

I tried the Conflict denied ops demo, it’s ok.

+ FasterMike on February 1st, 2008 at 12:11 pm said:

No, the Conflict Denied Ops Demo is not okay. It’s just another cookie-cutter FPS game with absolutely ZERO along the lines of innovation.

With games like CoD4 on the market, I don’t know why companies even bother producing these run-of-the-mill FPS games. Whose going to buy them?

+ Seanscythe2 on February 1st, 2008 at 12:22 pm said:

Where is our site like this? http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps3/home/about/index.html

+ velvetelvis on February 1st, 2008 at 12:38 pm said:

why no wipeout pulse demo for the us?

+ elmonstro on February 1st, 2008 at 2:05 pm said:

Man, why can’t you Canadians get the point. Just because the exchange rate is the same doesn’t mean that the buying power is the same.
For example, in 2000 a Big Mac cost US$2.54 in the US. It cost 3.85 Malaysian Riggits, even though that is only US$1.19 according to the exchange rate.

Face it, the US dollar is FAR more respected worldwide than the Canadian dollar. The reason the exchange rate is the same is because the US Mint is producing a LOT of money, and the Canadian Mint is slowing down production. However, the buying power the respective currencies has not changed.

+ HanSolo on February 1st, 2008 at 2:18 pm said:

where is wipeout hd?? what th… hell happen to it??? how long does it take???

about some decent ps1 titles??
colony wars, diablo, ff 7, do you people actually want the store to be succesfull or what???

WAKE UP!!

+ daver420 on February 1st, 2008 at 2:43 pm said:

WHY ARE WE CANADIANS STILL PAYING MORE MONEY FOR THE SAME CONTENT!

I have bought: Pain, High Velocity Bowling, Mesmerize(crap), Cash Guns Chaos, Trial of Topaq, Operation Creature Feature, plus add ons for RFOM, Motorstorm, and GH3…. I will not buy anything else from PSN until CANADIAN PRICES ARE FIXED!!!

We have been asking for this for awhile now with no response.

This is a valid complaint from paying customers, how is it that the PS3 sells in Canada for the same price as in the USA but we get the shaft on online content?

+ pancakesandsx on February 1st, 2008 at 6:39 pm said:

@ 125: oooh colony wars, forgot about those games. I’d prolly snatch those back up in an instant. They were hard as hell too.

+ Kedaro on February 1st, 2008 at 8:33 pm said:

yea I’m torn, equally sick of seeing people complain relentlessly, as I am sick of seeing different psn’s in different countries getting the shaft at different times, people it happens to Europe and others at times when USA gets a smack load of content too, it’s all dependant on localization and preperation of content, they can’t just throw out a poor port of a ps1 classic, it has to be verified to be working under emulation, and has to be localized and modified to fit onto psp etc.

+ elprimodebklyn96 on February 1st, 2008 at 9:31 pm said:

man i got blind from playing that demo man the graphics SUCK the controls TOTALLY SUCK.thank you psn for giving me the demo i know that im NEVER BUYING THE GAME i thought i was playing a ps2 game. it better be in early no VERY early development no SUPER EARLY. 2 MORE MONTHS FOR HOME I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER. GIMME A BETA/DEMO/ETC. home=ps3 seller=more money=ps3 #1 again= xbox owners switching=happy people=having nintendo wii got to the stone age. HOME FOR THE WORD/ DA BOMB/WOOT

+ Kedaro on February 1st, 2008 at 10:00 pm said:

@128 elprimodebklyn96

Home has to offer more robust freedom features in order to be what you feel it’s going to be.

+ FasterMike on February 2nd, 2008 at 6:26 am said:

#124 – Elmonstro: That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. You clearly lack any understanding of how international currencies work (and their values relative to each other).

The American dollar doesn’t have any value or “buying power” over and above its monetary worth. Nor does the Canadian dollar have any buying power or value less than its monetary worth. If the Canadian Dollar is equal to the American Dollar (as it is), then they BOTH have the exact same “buying power” on the international market. You can go into a bank and buy $50 worth of American money with $50 worth of Canadian money. Or vice versa.

So let’s say us Canadians exchanged our money into American dollars and then visited the PSN store. We’d still pay $20 American dollars for products that you only pay $15 for. Why the difference on virtual products?

Price gouging in a market that only has one source for purchasing (the PSN store).

It’s a ripoff. And we’ll complain until Sony does the right thing and equalizes pricing.

+ FasterMike on February 2nd, 2008 at 6:35 am said:

Sony should have a quick read through the terms of the North American Free Trade Agreement. I’m sure Sony’s lawyers are keeping them on the legal side of the agreement, but they might benefit from getting a better sense of the SPIRIT of the agreement.

Fair pricing for everyone in North America.

Respect for different people regardless of their nationality.

+ Sephiroth on February 3rd, 2008 at 6:49 am said:

Good update! Still RPGs are the big, I mean HUGE lack of the PS3 system but I keep my hopes high in your work and I know I will be playing some great RPGs before this year ends.

+ Zorox on February 3rd, 2008 at 2:54 pm said:

lol @ 132

You must be joking… We won’t get good RPGs until 2009.

+ Danger-x on February 15th, 2008 at 11:26 am said:

FPS games suck ass!.Its enough already a game for junior to cheat?.Probably they have no skills so they cheat in order to win that to me is a wimp!.I rather die in my grave then play a stupid been done to death FPS shooter game! 3PS 3rd Person Shooters rule over anything thats out there today!..So Sony concentrate on more 3RD PERSON SHOOTERS THEN NOT ENOUGH OF THEM ON THE PS3!.

+ Danger-x on February 15th, 2008 at 11:28 am said:

RPG’s very doubtful your looking at 2009 Final Fantasy 13 and White Knight don’t expect those until 2009..Man there to slow!

+ Danger-x on February 15th, 2008 at 11:32 am said:

And the worst news from Capcom came in shock Resdent Evil 5 is not due out until Fall 2009!.Sad!..That game company’s have to punch us in the face and lie right in our eyes claiming one thing from the next and then out of the blue they delay it till hell freezes over!..the game looked like it was done from the last E3 2007!?.What happened Capcom?.

+ Danger-x on February 15th, 2008 at 11:34 am said:

And the worst news from Capcom came in shock today from Gamestop there list for Resident Evil 5 is not due out until Fall 2009!.Sad!.That game company’s have to punch us in the face and lie right in our eyes claiming one thing from the next and then out of the blue they delay it till hell freezes over! You can blame that because of Xbot360!..the game looked like it was done from the last E3 2007!?.What happened Capcom?.

+ NewYork214 on February 15th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

yeah id like some more RPG’s as well. should start pumping out all the PS1 RPG’s til we get white knight or final fantasy XIII.

+ TaintedSpeech on February 17th, 2008 at 7:13 pm said:

Does anybody know why they took off the Folklore Holiday add-on and the first add-on bundle? I would like to purchase them, but I don’t see them anymore in the downloadable content.

PAGE 1 2 3