Driveclub

Twisted Metal: Head On – Extra Twisted Edition Video

David Jaffe's Avatar + Posted by David Jaffe on Feb 04, 2008 // Video Game Designer/Director

Hey Ya’ll! Jaffe here again! Just wanted to share some more footage from Twisted Metal: HEAD ON- Extra Twisted Edition with you. This is our Moscow level from the HEAD ON portion of the game and, as you can see, the graphics have been cleaned up and the game is running at a sleek, slick 60 frames/second! Check it out:

The game hits tomorrow and we’ll be back with more videos (both from gameplay and some cool behind the scenes bonus clips) to get you all as excited as we are about our latest game!

30 Comments

+ ftwrthtx on February 4th, 2008 at 12:08 pm said:

When will this be a next gen game though? We want this for the PS3!

+ thingg on February 4th, 2008 at 12:09 pm said:

nice….
is there anything in this game comparable to the Crashbreaker in Burnout Revenge? I loved that feature and its not in Burnout Paradise. Again, sweet game

+ Legendbyname on February 4th, 2008 at 12:33 pm said:

Will there be a progressive scan feature on this game? Really hope so.

+ Johnny Sasaki on February 4th, 2008 at 12:34 pm said:

Good stuff, glad you’re sharing a lot of gameplay footage here, David! Sometimes it’s hard to get gameplay footage of a game… TM: Head On was the game I got when I bought my PSP at launch and as good as that game was, I can see a major upgrade on all fronts here, certainly a nice deal!

Cheers!

+ Pelaez on February 4th, 2008 at 12:36 pm said:

Looks good. I can’t wait for a PS3 TM Game :D

+ Jeigh on February 4th, 2008 at 12:37 pm said:

Always happy to hear more from you! I’ve been following you ever since God of War. :D

I thought I already saw this in the Twisted Metal blog, but it bears repeating: Love the smoke effects!

I’ll be looking for the secret message of Eat Sleep Play’s next title! :D

+ vandam on February 4th, 2008 at 12:47 pm said:

Havent played TM since PS1. i might go check this out considering about the only good PS2 game out now. And since I got all 3 Playstaion’s and PSP it’s hard to keep up with them all. And Jaff keep up good work!!! and I want to see your next project!!!

+ Frazz on February 4th, 2008 at 1:35 pm said:

hold the sholder buttons and press up ,down, left ,right ,right ,left ,down ,up

+ Frazz on February 4th, 2008 at 1:35 pm said:

Cant believe I still remember that…The opposite works as well

+ Gunwing on February 4th, 2008 at 2:23 pm said:

Give the US and Europe gamers a street date for the Dual Shock 3 controller! Is that too much to ask!? I mean we love to hear about new games but come on! The Japanese have had it for over a year and a half now! Get it to the US/EU soon Sony! We want our rumble back!

+ Razgoull on February 4th, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

Where is the new one for PS3.

Sony… Microsoft is weakin’ right now. Why don’t you finish the fight right NOW.

and bring FINAL FANTASY 7 at GDC for PS3.

YOU HAVE THE POWER WITH ONLY ONE GAME TO KILL THE COMPETITION .

I know I’m out of topic a little but If you don’t do it…

+ hallofdragons on February 4th, 2008 at 3:11 pm said:

awsome cant wait for it to hit store shelfs! P.S Whats your favorite twistedmetal
game?

+ thataide on February 4th, 2008 at 3:26 pm said:

Great, I’ll purchase it online tomorrow from two different stores in the USA and have it delivered to me in BRAZIL! I’m purchasing two because sometimes it takes a long time (2 months) to arrive, and sometimes it takes much less (2 weeks), so I’ll double my chances of playing it as soon as possible, I can’t wait!!!

+ antonisbob on February 4th, 2008 at 4:40 pm said:

Great all these vids and stuff are just making me so excited because it comes out tomorrow!!! ever since I heard about this iv’e played TM2 almost every day to catch up on the stories and stuff but tell me again if Mr.Slam dies in 2 how does he come back the next time ??? and in the video is that warthog? I think he looks better as a 6×6 instead of 4×4 but thats your desicion I guess. Cheers!

+ southwoodS on February 4th, 2008 at 5:33 pm said:

I might rent this. I have never played a Twisted Metal game or even heard of it since now. If i like it and it looks like i will i will demand a Twisted Meta game for the PS3.

+ antonisbob on February 4th, 2008 at 5:39 pm said:

never heard of it…..WHAT!!!!! this is gunna be the 8th game in the whole series including 3 and 4

+ leftover_crack on February 4th, 2008 at 6:59 pm said:

when will i see a tag tat says

“twisted metal, ps3,tm”
and stop seeing
“ps2,twisted metal”

+ leftover_crack on February 4th, 2008 at 7:01 pm said:

@14

its the real version of warthog not that [DELETED] one in tm black

+ leftover_crack on February 4th, 2008 at 7:02 pm said:

@14

in tm head on mr. slam is a ghost

+ antonisbob on February 4th, 2008 at 7:45 pm said:

aw…. no way that’s awsome he’s one of myfavoritecharacters,Mr.slam,Darktooth, Darkside, hammerhead and minion. ;D I own all of the TM’s exept 1 and head on and i don’t think theres been a ghost before

+ Ultima-Bahamut on February 4th, 2008 at 7:49 pm said:

I want to buy it, but I just don’t think I can go back to last-gen, even for only $20. So…uhh…y’know….*cough* Twist Metal PS3 plz *cough*.

+ gardea on February 4th, 2008 at 8:53 pm said:

I’ll tell my cousin to get it; my PS2 broke :(

+ antonisbob on February 4th, 2008 at 9:10 pm said:

@20
ya i feel the same way because I have a PS3 now and all but there’s just no way to pass up a Twisted Metal game man! it’s one of the best series out there.

+ leftover_crack on February 4th, 2008 at 9:54 pm said:

it says ur making a tm for ps3 and its been up for about 1 month

is it true?

+ StalkingSilence on February 4th, 2008 at 10:07 pm said:

tight. my dad’s gonna like this i think. saw u could get this for an even bigger discount on best buy’s site. geez what a great package for the price

+ Scarecrow on February 5th, 2008 at 3:47 am said:

Looking good!

Everything seems to move more fluidly than in the in the original TM: Black game.

Will get!

+ antonisbob on February 5th, 2008 at 7:32 am said:

yawns* looks around* realises what day it is* wet’s himself* runs to blog* Godd morening itis now 7:30A.M. and ITS OUT!!!! YEAH WOOT!!! PARTAY!!!!! IM so exited ya its so hard to describe how happy I am =D

im picking it up (if its in stores) right after school

+ Sollus on February 6th, 2008 at 4:56 am said:

I freaking pre-ordered this from BestBuy.com and its telling me that it is on Backorder now. WTF? Best Buy sucks.

+ antonisbob on February 10th, 2008 at 8:43 pm said:

well it wasn’t in stores so we pre-orderd it on the 5th from EB games’s online store and chose the 2 day shipping well guess what its now the 1oth and its still not here but I thinks it going to be here monday I can’t wait!!!

+ antonisbob on February 11th, 2008 at 3:54 pm said:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT MAN I CAN’T WAIT TO PLAY IT THE CONCEPT ART BOOK IS SO SWEET I REALLY LOVE THE TRACKED VERSION OF DARKTOOTH HE’S AWSOME WOOT! HELL YEA!!! IM SO EX-EYET-TED