PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Go! Skydiving From the Comfort of Your Sofa

Josh Miller's Avatar + Posted by Josh Miller on Feb 06, 2008 // Producer, Sony Computer Entertainment America

Too scared of heights to skydive? No worries, just do it from your couch on PS3!

Hello there, PlayStation Blog readers. My name is Josh Miller and I’m the U.S. Producer for Go! Sports Skydiving, a downloadable game that will be available on the PLAYSTATION Store this week.

Go! Sports Skydiving is a skydiving simulator that uses the SIXAXIS motion controls to maneuver your character in the air. You can do aerial tricks, move yourself in a formation with other divers, control your landing spot, and more. We offer single player modes, online modes and cool global ranking system. Plus, you can download the replays of the best divers on the leaderboards and check out their high score replays.

There’s a lot more to Go! Sports Skydiving, so be sure to give it a try once it’s available on the Store. For now, check out the trailer posted below.

Happy Diving!

58 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ StalkingSilence on February 8th, 2008 at 7:08 am said:

@46
Yes there is a first person view (press triangle)

@49
No the game doesn’t support the PSeye. Not sure about vibration.

+ maluraq on February 8th, 2008 at 8:10 am said:

I bought and played the game, its kinda interesting but not as challenging as I’d hoped really.

To be perfectly honest, its a rip-off at this price with only one location included.

It looks beautiful and plays well, and the physics are quite well done personally, but I’m annoyed by the lack of features, primarily voice chat for communicating with others in formation, high-scores showing when you complete a challenge for comparison, the terrible manual interface that is a different resolution than the browser window (and really slow), lack of custom music (that music is so 1991) and other things I’m sure will pop into my head once I submit this.

Its fun, granted, for 10 minutes. That should be about $1.25 in quarters at the arcade.

+ ChaseHammer on February 8th, 2008 at 11:20 am said:

i think only one level is a rip off lately. Pain, Skydiving, Go Ski even had 2 but that was rediculous. Im not paying for this game until it has more stuff. I paid $3 for Go Ski and it was too much for what it was. Sad people release items, over price them and then release “expansions” for the game at even more money and expect people to pay for it…not me…not anymore. Get with it Devs.

Josh Miller's Avatar

+ Josh Miller on February 8th, 2008 at 1:29 pm said:

For those of you who believe that there is only one level in the game, that is not true. More areas to jump are unlocked as you complete the various licenses in License mode. It also unlocks different times of day that you can jump for the various areas.

+ GoDLiKe BR on February 8th, 2008 at 8:43 pm said:

I bought it right now, but unfortunatelly my PS3 stopped to read any kind of disc :(

I’ll have to wait a little to play this game.

+ Trond on February 11th, 2008 at 1:09 pm said:

Sorry for the negative post but this game was not fun at all.
Worst game i have ever played on the PS3.

+ RoAcH2285 on February 11th, 2008 at 1:42 pm said:

I bought this game…and I feel really ripped off.Its just horrible in my opinion.The sixaxis doesn’t work very well.I would like a refund but I know thats not going to happen.Only 4.99 but still such a rip off.High Velocity Bowling…now thats a great game.Worth every dollar.

+ chillski on February 23rd, 2008 at 9:35 pm said:

PLEASE SONY, learn from your mistakes. How many games will be miserable failures because they insist on FORCING us to use SIXAXIS.

IF you insist on using sixaxis make sure there is an option for analog sticks as well. Some people do not feel comfortable using sixaxis and you would have much better sales (and less complaints) if you gave US THE OPTION TO CHOOSE !!!!!!!

PAGE 1 2